New Krypton Trailer (With Bonus Brainiac)

youtube.com/watch?v=JvSZKB2WNKg

>pros
>visual design looks fantastic and top-notch
>the plot sounds KIND of interesting

>cons
>the actor playing Supes' grandpa looks constipated
>Adam Strange looks like a homeless guy
>it's looks like it's going to be taking a page out of Gotham's playbook when it comes to the wider DC Universe
>what that supposed to be a cover of Save Tonight?

Other urls found in this thread:

screenrant.com/krypton-tv-show-seasons-story/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

*was that

Looks neat. Might binge

I guess that tentacle ship coming to destroy Krypton is Brainiac's, judging by the bottled cities. It resembles his "Doomed" era ship. It fits his MO too, he's had convoluted time travel schemes before.

Didn't watch Gotham for kid Bruce, won't watch this for Grandpa El

>mfw I've got absolutely no interest in a Krypton "political" prequel about Superman's grandfather
>Caprica all over again
>SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKER
>Adam Strange
>Hawkgirl
>Brainiac
>Doomsday
>they've actually gone back in time to save Superman from never being born
>suddenly hyped as fuck
that "your grandson becomes the greatest hero of the universe" givin me chills. that's some heavy shit to learn.

>Didn't watch Gotham for kid Bruce
What about loli Selena?

It's actually starting to sound pretty interesting. The make or break of the show is how well they are able make the time travel gimmick work and how far does the story have legs.

>Hawkgirl

Not anymore.

Well its got a set endpoint depending on how Space Travel worked for Baby Kal/Clark.

What? Wasn't she announced to be in it?

Have they said anything about whether this is part of any expanded universe yet? Or are they just keeping it vague to hedge their bets?

Who's the cap guy, Adam Strange?

My theory is that it's a bridge between the DCEU and the Arrowverse.

In the event that the time travel intervention prevents baby Kal-El from being born, it's part of the Arrowverse, explaining why there's no Superman or Supergirl - they were never born due to their ancestors perishing.

If they survive, and Superman lives, it leads to the DCEU.

Or it could be just a prequel to Supergirl since she's not in the Arrowverse, just the same multiverse

>time travel
GOD FUCKING DAMIT. I can't believe I was actually getting excited for this. I should have known they would fuck it up.

I watched it for loli pamela.

>Krypton
>No Jor-El
>No Zod
>No Kara
Why? Sounds worse than Gotham. They've got Bruce, Selina, Alfred etc. Who cares about grandpa El?

I can't even imagine telling myself as a kid that there would be hundreds of movie and television adaptations of all of my favorite characters that would dominate the media and pop culture landscape and I couldn't give less of a shit because they're all so mediocre and boring.

I was spoiled growing up with the DCAU.

screenrant.com/krypton-tv-show-seasons-story/

>the series already has “roughly have a seven-to-eight-year plan.” “This is an untold story and time travel is involved. History could be changed and what happens in this story can be very different from the backstory people know,” Goyer added.

8 seasons? Jesus...

Johns said it's not DCEU

So that means I hope they get a new Supes actor so we can have three at once

Think of it this way senpai, they cant fuck up the characters nearly as much when they're basically making up their own new ones

Got cut.

Adam Strange? For what reason?

This honestly

>tfw always hoped for a DC show with epic scenes like Smallville sometimes churned out
>CW shows all failed to deliver
fuck me but this might finally be it. why the fuck does this have such good production value?

Because CW is shit.
Even Gotham sometimes looks real good.

Also it started off as a Man of Steel prequel, so it probably had a budget.

>good production value
>had a budget
>SiFi
Lol.

Gotham always look great
Best looking comic book show, save maybe Legion

>cons
>being like gotham

You gay or something? Gotham is good as hell.

Why not?

>roughly have a seven-to-eight-year plan
They mean in universe right?
They don't seriously expect 8 fucking seasons. Especialy if they are opening it with time travel.

Why do they have to have the "save Supermans future" bs? You've got a weird alien society and a big budget - make Babylon 5 with Kryptons or some shit

Yep

>what if we made a show about Superman before he was Superman but fill it with all the same characters and villains
>what if we made a show about Batman before he was Batman but fill it with all the same characters and villains
>what if we made a show about Superman's home planet before he was Superman but fill it with all the same characters and villains
Stop doing this shit.

If the plot involves time travel and Superman, why not the Legion of Superheroes?

CW

>manface
would never cum to this trans freak