New Super-Man #19 Storytime

A day in the limelight for Laney Lan.

Return next month, for New Superman and the Justice League of China!

Action Comics: Detective Comics: Hal Jordan/GLC: JLA: Support the official release at your local comic shop.

>Wasting a double page spread on this
Christ. It's not even particularly impressive.
I really wish Bogdanovic goes back to this book. Capullo Lite is better than whatever this is, but it's better than the fill-ins we got for the last issue

seriously feels weird if he's not eating in the variant covers.

My dad did a similar thing to me, my bro, and my mom and it kind of hurt because while he did send money and everything I did find out he had another family and was a dad to my half brother and some other kids (that weren't his) instead of being a dad to me and my bro.

This also gets me too because I was the one who found out and struggled with telling my mother and my brother.

This was a solid little intermission, given that #18 was originally supposed to be a wrap on the series

NSM has done a pretty solid job setting up its supporting

Am I the only person who actually really likes this cover?

This cover looks even better though.

Written by the same writer of She-Hulk.
Is this another case of Rebirth magic?

So they're finally introducing the chingchong Aquaman?

Did this dude really write She-Hulk? I'd have never guessed that these were the same writers.

bumping for others

>Aquaman of North Korea
OH BOY HERE WE GO

>Aqua-Man of North Korea

Will the ride ever end?

asian women going after white men over their own
this is too real bra

laney lan is a qt.

Silly Kenan. Chinese New Year is next month.

Journalists are such fucking boring characters when it comes to superhero comics.

>Batman is better than Superman
Even China is full of casuals

oh it's you from the other thread. how ya doing?

Tamaki also wrote She-Hulk, yes. Actual editors who actually do their job can do wonders.

>Aqua-man of North Korea
I don't even know where they're going with this.

>Justice League Asia

>Aquaman of North Korea
I bet America's Aquaman is bigger and actually works

So, this is Chinese Lois?

yes

>Oscar
el goblino?

Are there any Taiwanese/Republic of China superheroes?

Keenan vs Nian when?

in this book or in the whole of DCU?

This wasn't as bad as I feared. I do feel a little for Laney between getting her passion crushed at her job, her dad stepping out on her mom, and all the other array of bullshit life throws at you.

if this was another comic/cartoon, people would be going "who cares about your normal person problems?"

What happened to the other writer?

back next issue

Decent fill in, is her dad gonna be a reveal later? That's exciting.

>Aqua-Man of North Korea
This is gonna be great.

So did the Batman of China actually get in shape? He was a bit pudgy before.

Don't we see here a white woman with an asian man and half-asian kid?

Can Kenan leap a building in a single bound?

It's definitely a younger not as experienced Louis

He's just parting the fat to the side

This cover is awesome.

>Aquaman of North Korea.

Holy fuck, does he just pretend to talk to fish?

I like the number. Change my view on Laney. Before i only see her like a vapid journalist, but this give her more interesting traits.

The thumbnail looks like a deformed Muppet.

>Aqua-Man of North Korea

Surprising what a good story can do to people's reception, eh?

>No obligatory JL of China versus JL of Japan arc
aww

It seems like this Aquaman is the real deal as opposed to faggotass Arthur.

I think it's a good page. The issue is all about seeing things from her point of view, and it works to have the big action climax where she's nearly crushed to death showing what she sees, a giant fucking foot about to step on her. It gets across the danger she's putting herself in for the picture. It wouldn't have nearly the same impact as a regular panel.

Well, he *can* jump good.

This was pretty good. Lan kind of disappeared from the book for a while, cool to see her back. I like the tension with her dad about him having a second family.

Can we have Super book for once without reportershit?

Oh no, now I ship her and Kenan

why don't you ask for a superman book with no capes as well?

Laney is somewhat interesting. Wasn't a bad issue but the text: Aqua-Man of North Korea was the most exiciting part of this

This was a really good breather book. Issue 18 was such a good ending to all the current stories it would've been hard to live up to. I hope Laney gets a bigger role in the coming issues. I feel like she's been shoved to the side for a while.

>Is this another case of Rebirth magic?
Her creator owned stuff is pretty solid, so is more like Marvel magic that makes everything suck.

She has been. We haven't seen her since the single digit issues
However, I would rather we get more JLC action with the supporting cast used sparingly

>tfw there is real hope for good Bendis stories again

Honestly it's probably just that she's not good at writing for the trade. The big flaw she has with Hulk is the pacing, and it's known that writers at Marvel often have the length of their arcs decided for them. Haven't read the book since it was relaunced as She-Hulk, so I can't say if it's got any problems that demonstrate otherwise.

>first interviewee is a black dude

Diversity strikes again

>Hey, it's you

Who is that?

My God Carlos is inside of the comic

It had exactly one good issue and then proceeded to fall smack dab back into the shit pacing

Its killing me, but I want to buy this in a larger, hardcover volume

This issue alone was miles better than her Hulk run currently, the "your best work is at DC" meme must be true.

Yes, an interesting character, but she's on thin ice right now. There's speaking needed truth and then there's snitching.
Broadcasting someone else's life because of hang ups in your own is not okay and never will be no matter how often journalist spout that "public has the right to know" mantra. No one has a right to know shit.

So how do you keep a whole other family a secret?

It's probably not that hard since he's living on the other side of the world

Chances are Laney's mother suspects he's cheating but isn't saying anything because that's just not something you discuss.

Is Yang a big enough madman to give us a North Korean superhero?

What a shit issue. Dropping this series after this

north korean aquaman somehow becomes best aquaman.

>Chubby devours the ramen
it's the little things

The yin-yang shield is kind of an eyesore, kind of a forced mix. Good to see the old one.

wait, so when is this story supposed to be placed in the main story? or is it after they've set out on their own and kenan just reverted back to the old shield?

It's meant to be sometime during the back end of the first arc.

Can someone explain why bond lan started a whole new fucking family. Im honestly confused. Is this just tamaki's writing?

People do that.