Avengers #675 - NO SURRENDER PART 1 (OF 16) Storytime

Writer of the main Avengers title since Secret Wars Mark Waid, novice Avengers writer Jim Zub, and one of the best Avengers writers of this decade Al Ewing join forces in what Marvel describes as a weekly "blockbuster" that leads to the so-called Avengers Disassembled 2.0, before Jason Aaron's Cavengers may return!

>one of the best Avengers writers of this decade Al Ewing

Well it's true

But this is a current-day Marlel storytime...

>Texas Rangers Ininiative team reference
This scene was clearly written by Ewing

couldn't you wait until the storytime was finished?

THERE SHE IS

Carol being useless as usual.

What the fuck is with the quality?

The art/panels are horribly compressed, but the text bubbles + text look crisp/high res?

>USAvengers
>In Europe
Um, OK

>he hasn’t read New Avengers/USAvengers

I'm with this user. Ewing is good but he's not THAT good. If anything he's a good custodian or supplementary to any other writer.

It looks fine to me.

I'll post examples of what I mean once the storytime is done.

Ha ha, time for OCs!

Do you like Warren Ellis or Nick Spencer's Avengers work?

Man, that rogue is really cute.

bye shitty alfred

>Red Wolf survives Occupy Avengers

This is Waid's dialogue.

Best girl!

Actually I've got places to be so I'll just explain:

Page 1 thru this page: have compression issues for the art. Later pages posted do not have the issue.

The issue looks like whoever was in charge of lettering/text bubbles was working with low res draft images scaled up, and accidentally saved those instead of saving high res. (So the underlying art was low res, but the text/bubbles are high res)

The issue is most clearly visible in:
> compare crisp text bubbles in panel 4 to the somewhat-pixelated baseball cap + cowboy hat, + dude on the left's chin
> compare crisp text bubbles to Detective Dan's face in panel 2 (when he's facing left in the big spread: his nose, neck lines, etc, are visibly pixelated)

honestly I feel like once you're looking for it it's clearly evident in all the pages up to

This issue is weird, why did Shrek show us and then disappear?

That's only relevant if there are a lot of people in the last ten years who wrote the Avengers substantially better than Ewing.

And I don't think there are.

(thanks for the storytime regardless of this small oddity, op)

Oh, thanks user. I didn't notice it.

Guessing all of this has to do with Voyager?

Who the fuck is she talking to? Does Waid always feel compelled to write pointless rambling gibberish during scenes of intense action?

>The X-Men - Gold Team
ftfy

Is the bird sitting on spiderman while he swings?

>Gold Team
Looks like the Blue Team to me ;)

>implying there's one source for this storytime

I chuckled

Fuck you man, Jarvis is cool.

...okay I have no idea what criteria is being used for who gets blued and who doesn't, just that it's neither popularity or power based.

LOL Wanda misses Vision.

why would you give up your trick arrows???

isn t she with doctor voodoo

This arc just feels too similar to the High Evolutionary one.

Oh, its Legacy heroes saving the world again
fuck off marvel

Nadia and Jane are literally the only legacy heroes on this page. Get some fucking eyes dude

>Legacy heroes
>When Cannonball, Hercules, Wanda, Rogue, Human Torch, Living Lightning, Doctor Voodoo, Sunspot, Beast and Wonder Man are there.

Sup Forums faggots, please go and stay out.

>"Let me see what I can do"
>We cut away and we don't see what she can do

ok
Second tier heroes saving the world cuz reasons

How much longer until her Pym genes kick in and she loses it and goes full villain?

She's a gypsy, no one man, machine, or dark god could satisfy her.

Does Sunspot even have powers, or is he just someone who stands around in a suit, strangely aged and pretends to be Tony Stark?

Is it over?

Read comics.

So uh....

We posting the net page or is that it?

Wait, Wonder Man isn't glowing blue anymore?

Sorry for internet crapping out

Did you read the RESURRXION X-Men team ongoings?
>inb4 not getting the joke

>pic
See text

Very close.

Which ones? There's 8 million Avengers titles alone each month. And that's after I fight my way through the Spider-Man titles and the deluge of X-Verse ones. I could build a fucking house out of the number of Wolverine titles that come out each month alone! Maybe Marvel should do a Cliff Notes version, but they'd probably make 60 titles and an 'event' every 6 months for that, too! ("And nothing will ever be the same again!")

Voyager is Kobik

Screen shot this post

I miss cat Beast.He looks like a fucked up Kangaroo here

>Nadia Van Dyne
>Van Dyne

OK, what the fuck did Kang do to the timestream this time?

The fuck is Beast's power now? The mutant ability to rotate his ass? Yeah, Beast, the hospital will be thrilled to have a shirtless hairy motherfucker show up in the ER! And how much fucking hairspray does Rogue use! At least some things don't change. Quicksilver's still an ass.

>Kobik
>ywn be a reality-changing entity that retcons your favorite team's history to self-insert

Feels Bad Man

Oh, hey, it's the actual literal who that we're supposed to care about because we don't care about her but the book does.

In her solo she took jan's last name

>Nadia Van Dyne

Herc is still gold.

Yay! It's Who the Fuck is That Woman!

t. Tom Brevoort

F

He's not dead, just hospitalized.

I'm still fucking pissed that they killed Nighthawk off screen.

If getting brutalized by the masters of evil didn't kill him, then a little falling debris isn't going to.

>calling EVERYONE
When was the last time all past and present Avengers were called?
Disassembled?

I have through tough confusing shit today which IRL part has to put the blame on my mom,
which results in suicidal thoughts for me
Until next time then.

Do it now fag.

Personal choice then.

House of M voting to kill Wanda maybe?

So most of the people who are currently in a Avengers team are ok, and most of those who are not in a Avengers team are frozen?
Reminds me how conveniently Wanda's NMM affected 99% of mutants but missed most of the main X-Men

That's literally the point, she arrives out of nowhere because she's a self insert and now we're gonna discover who she is. Most likely related to the pyramid-like object that fell in Rome, a spaceship probably.
Same thing as when Bob Reynolds/Sentry was Franklin Richards' self insert, Voyager is Valeria's.

I've got to say, I fucking love Mark Brooks' covers. The guy deserves all the work in the world.

>Occupy Avengers
Dammit, why couldn't they get Walker on this instead of Zub?

>The Millennial Squad didn't even get a scene to themselves before getting zapped
Amazing.

What? Of the people that didn't get blued, the only ones that are legacies are Wasp and Thor. Among the people that got blued are all the Champions, which is the team full of legacies.