Mr. Krabs is the most misunderstood character in fiction

Mr. Krabs is the most misunderstood character in fiction.

He's portrayed as a typical greedy asshole boss, but he's really just a shrewd small business owner. Food service is an extremely cutthroat industry and they typically survive on razor thin margins.

Mr. Krabs didn't inherit his wealth. He earned it by taking enormous risks and taking long hours. Not only that, but compared to other characters in the series he is not living ostentatiously. He lives in an anchor and sleeps in a hammock.

He's stingy, but he pays his employees well enough for them both to have single family homes. Squidward has been working there forever. If the job was really that bad, he would have left.

Also, he's a veteran (served in the navy.) He gave his life for his country and people are ragging on him for being selfish?

>ARR, ME SECRET FORMULER!

charging your employees for working for you is bad, OP

except Plankton is an even deeper character

Not that I disagree but
>He lives in an anchor
You say this as to imply it is more humble than a pineapple or an easter island head, when in reality they're just random objects that the characters happen to live in. In fact krabs' house seems just as decent as spongebob's on the inside.

Also, krabs' greed is leveled according to the plot's needs, wether he has to be the antagonist, protagonist or side character.

Also forgot to mention that he adopted a child. Seriously, if he was so bad, why would he willingly want another mouth to feed, especially one as big as a whale?

This is how Mr. Krabs lives.

Meanwhile, Spongebob has a massive library in his basement and Squidward has a huge art room.

This sounds like a high school English research report on character development

Krabs has been shown to have a basement full of beer barrels, a comfy navy-styled living room, and overall a 2-floor house. He also has a regular bed when the epidode requires it, like when he had that old mattress where he saved his money.

>Neptune was ready to kill Mr. Krabs for possibly stealing his crown
>Plankton not only stole the crown but mind-controlled Neptune, endangered his daughter and took over Bikini Bottom

Yeah, I'd be surprised if Plankton didn't have an "unfortunate accident" during his time incarcerated. Neptune has a hair trigger temper and the power to make sure a little madman like Plankton disappears painfully.

>adopted

Not to mention thousands of collectibles and paintings, and a working snack machine in his living room.

Long term investment, she'll get rich at some point, and take care of him when he's old and not working.

>Implying she won't be a washout failure living off her inheritance

He almost tore a man's arm off for a penny.

>implying post 1st movie spongebob is canon

The problem with this is that one harpoon does not kill a whale.
The harpoon anchors a boat to the whale, so the whale drags the boat, meanwhile, you have to continue to throw lances (basically unbarbed, untethered harpoons) into the whale as it flees until it bleeds out. Of course, the boat needs to be small, so you also need a ship to carry and deploy the boat from.

So you have to buy 2 harpoons (you always use 2, in case you miss the first throw you can make a second throw right away), that's $8. Plus the cost of rope, and that's already more than the adoption.
Now it'll take 6-12 lances to do enough damage to kill a Right Whale, or a moderately small Sperm Whale, so that's another $4 each, so we're at $60+ worth of gear, not even counting the boat or ship.
Proper whaling ships are crazy expensive. During the height of the American Whale Fishery, it took the funds of an entire town to pay for a ship.
The total ignorance of Whaling procedures in this picture baffles me.

Whaling spergs unite!

Fuckin' A, brother.

I read Moby Dick for the period trivia.

>He gave his life for his country
he... he seems alive to me?