Storytime: Dejah Thoris #1

How many of you are fans of John Carter mythos?

I am, but I'm going to bed soon, I'll read this in the morning if it gets story timed. I've read the first five novels.

And this is the end of Issue 0. Kinda short and confusing, but I think Issue 1 will flesh it out better.

It was a nice read. Thanks OP.

That wasn't bad. Thanks OP.

I enjoyed the movie which made me interested but didn't know where to jump in .

Read the books. The first five are public domain and free on any e-reader app. That's all you really need. The Marvel series from the 70s is also praised, although I haven't read it yet despite having the omnibus sitting around for a year. I haven't heard much good about any of the other comics. Someone told me John Carter:The End is good, but I've avoided it because it seems too depressing a situation for him to end up in after getting the good, hopeful end of the novels. Just sort of sours me on it.
I'm giving this a shot because Chu's work has been generally solid. She's becoming pretty prolific at Dynamite.

Came for the booty, stayed for the plot.

I don't know much about John Carter of Mars but this was pretty good. I like the idea of a naïve, young princess going on fantastical adventures.

Seriously, read the pulps. It takes two or three hours each and they're the foundation of so many modern stories from Superman to Star Wars.

lel, what a daft cunt.

Has anyone tried reading the books? They read like they've been written by a sociopath. Carter murders aliens like flies and finds time to lament how cruel and heartless they are in-between.

Oooh, I am. Will give this a read, thanks!

>Someone told me John Carter:The End is good, but I've avoided it because it seems too depressing a situation for him to end up in after getting the good, hopeful end of the novels. Just sort of sours me on it.
I've read that comic and while I won't spoil it, it ends on a very and happy hopeful note. I think its a good story, but its held back by the terrible art.

I did hear it was a bit like Starlight in that regard. I'll probably check it out at some point, but it's still a bit of a hard sell.

What is self-defense, user?

I'm sure that the police will tell you that it's NOT killing anyone who throws a punch at you. Carter is many times stronger than they are and is never in any danger. It's not even excessive self defense or manslaughter, it's cold blooded murder.

What would you have done differently if you lived in a harsh planet where pretty much most of its people believe in kill or be killed, right?