Hey Sup Forums, someone who doesn't really read superhero comics here...

Hey Sup Forums, someone who doesn't really read superhero comics here. The other day I've heard that DC started putting out new comic books where Watchmen fuck around with their mainstream superheroes. The idea sounded so retarded and ridiculous that I was convinced they must have been trolling but apparently that's an actual thing.

Basically, what the fuck how did something like this happen and why did they think it was a good idea?

Yeah but are people at least butthurt about this? Are they buying these comics? That's like a huge slap in the face to Moore and his fans.

>Yeah but are people at least butthurt about this? Are they buying these comics? That's like a huge slap in the face to Moore and his fans.

You're a bit late to the conversation. As expected, there was outrage and butthurting all over the place. And, again as expected, the comic itself is selling pretty well.

>Yeah but are people at least butthurt about this?

Some are. Others were defending it and praising it ironically and as it usually happens with these things some people started taking it seriously and genuinely believing it's good.

>I don't read comics
>I heard this thing so I'm going to put my two cents on it
Not wild about the merger either, but why the fuck do you care?

I read non cape comics from time to time and thought Watchmen was good.

I agree that it's a huge slap in the face but Moore clearly no longer cares about capes and has openly disowned his cape work.

Did he ever address this new line of comics?

And why do you think people should be butthurt, and why is it a huge slap in the face to Moore and his fans?

For the same reason that putting death from Seventh Seal as a villain in an avengers movie would be a slap in the face to Bergman.

>putting a capeshit writer on the same tier as a cinema auteur
Ah, so you're just a brainlet then.

You're both a brainlet and a pleb if you don't understand that this was an analogy and that as far as comic books are concerned Moore is very much on the same level as Bergman in their respective mediums.

>reeeeee muh sacred capeshit funny papers
It's not like making a new version/story/sequel/installment is ruining your enjoyment of the original in any way. And how does it sound "retarded" or "ridiculous"? It's no more ridiculous than the actual plot for the original Watchmen.

>That's like a huge slap in the face to Moore and his fans
lol, how? Anyone who is upset by a fucking sequel needs to get a life.

Disregarding the fact that this parallel is straight up retarded, why would putting death from Seventh Seal as a villain in an avengers movie be a slap in the face to Bergman?
Especially since Last Action Hero already used that character.

Slapping Moore's fans sounds good to me.

If you don't already know trying to explain it to you would be a complete waste of time since you are too underage/uncultured and respect for someone's art is too much of an alien concept to you.

Honestly Death from Seventh Seal isn't even the best example because it was something entirely off the top of my head. A much better one is taking the killers from Funny Games and making an unironic slasher movie with them.

>respect for someone's art is too much of an alien concept to you
Alan Moore wrote a comic where Mr. Hyde raped the Invisible Man, if he doesn't respect the work of his betters then DC shouldn't respect his.

Christ, at least it's nice to have a confirmation that you are either underage or mentally deficient if you don't get either why he raped him or that the reason he raped him goes very much in line with Mr Hyde's ethos. Probably not going to bother responding to you from now on btw.

So was The Last Action Hero disrespectful to Bergman or not?
Why?
You are just ridiculous with your examples that illustrate exactly to no degree your unspecified reason to outrage.
Stop mixing you anons.

Of course it was, from what I remember the death walked out of the screen and began murdering people or some shit like that. I'm willing to bet that the american dumbass who wrote that scene hasn't even seen the film.

You remember wrong. Death does nothing in Last Action Hero but tell Danny he dies a Grandfather and imply he's there for Arnolds character.

>muh sacred cow
Fuck off

>Capeshit writer
It's almost as if nobody read Moore's 1300 page epic historical myth of Northampton. It seems as though everyone only remembers the early genre work that he himself has disavowed.

They knew it would sell. I haven't bought any of the issues yet but I've been reading it on Sup Forums because even I was morbidly curious as to how this shit would play out.

So far I'm enjoying it as a very silly fun cape comic but not at all as a legitimate follow-up to Watchmen. I probably won't ever pay for it because I don't want to support DC's atrocious marketing tactics.

That's at least not as stupid, still, there is a massive difference between using a character for a few seconds in a meta comedy movie and putting meta characters in regular capeshit.

>I don't lurk boards before posting on them

Didn't they explain this on r/Sup Forums

There's no discernible difference between regular capeshit and Watchmen, apart from Watchmen having high quality to it.
Regular capeshit, as you call it, can have meta commentary as well, and Watchmen is definitely part of capeshit.
Watchmen charaters are not special in any way just because they are used to make a few comments here and there. They are simple analogues of preexisting characters that Moore didn't get an ok to use.
What would have become of your non existent argument then?

OTOH you can argue Moore did the exact opposite with Marvelman, meaning he took something innocent and silly and turned it into a darkderp postmodern edgelord pseudorealism.
Was it rape?

>There's no discernible difference between regular capeshit and Watchmen
lol this is clearly a waste of time

Also, Moore decided himself against using preestablished characters and I don't care about some garbage capeshit.

Watchmen is a cape comic though...

>There's no discernible difference between regular capeshit and Watchmen

It still IS good, how does this detract from the original Watchmen run at all?

Have you read Before the Watchmen? Because that’s a bigger slap in the face than this.