Cartoon Idea

Are comic/cartoon idea threads allowed? Because I just had one come to me in a dream and I want to share it with you before I do everything I can to realize it.

sure, we normally have a hows your webcomic thread but I dont remember a cartoon idea thread

yeah but that thread is embarrassing and nobody wants to associate themselves with it

Why would you share it before you realized it?

Okay then. My idea is for this setting that's a massive mountain where human civilization developed (the world is Earth, but it's not the "Earth" we know) alongside a race of bird-like people that run the mountain and prohibit anyone from going to the top, where their kingdom is, or the other side of it. Not that they have to enforce it strongly due to the hazards that come with trying to walk around their mountain.

Basically, nobody can see the ground and everyone assumes that the world beyond the mountain is a perilous wasteland (I have an answer to it that I'll get into later.)

The basic plot synopsis would revolve around this brother and sister who live in a village that's lower on the mountain (thus lower in status), but their village ostracizes them because they weren't born in the village, which carries dangerous connotations that they came from somewhere that wasn't the mountain. When the race of bird-people discover this, their attempted arrest ensues, wherein they make a goal of getting to the top of the mountain and finding out where they came from and why the ruling class wants them dead.

A combination of factors.

1. I don't fear most of Sup Forums turning my idea into a runaway success because it's Sup Forums.
2. Given my low chances of making it a runaway success, giving it a chance to become a runaway success in spite of myself would be enough, since I don't care about money.

This is a distilliation of a bunch of science fiction tropes.

Three bumbling magicians are at each other's throats. They try to pass on their legacy to their kids, but they don't want to be magicians. The show is mostly about the kids and their lives dealing with their parents' crazy wannabe magic antics. The three kids do the classic trio of two boys and one girl, though I'm trying to make each of them stand out in their own way. I'm also trying to fill the show with quirky characters, such as a teacher who dresses in different costumes each episode, a smart little brother, and another girl in the kids' class who actually wants to be a magician, is bad at it, has a crush on the main character, is super bubbly, and the mayor's daughter (she's the most developed so far as you can tell). I also have an idea to make one of the magicians have a wife who's his assistant and is super hot and have a running gag where she's a closet gamer. Also, another magician who hates clowns has a husband who is a clown.

What do you all think?

There's a lot of factors here that make it sound like one of the most mid 2000 webcomic ideas here.

I'm a big science fiction person, so I'm not sure if I should see that as a bad thing.

Anyone, the twist I had in mind would be that the world isn't ruined, it's just unfinished. On one half of the mountain there's the world as you might know it, but on the other side is an expanse of white space that has rough black outlines of things like forests, cities, and other mountains, and the "god" of the world drew the mountain first, then isolated humanity there with enforcers to ensure they didn't stumble down before he was done.

So why would they have an ostriciation for those not born in the villages?

A girl teams up with the ghost of a private investigator/author. He used to write hardboiled detective fiction based on his "real life" cases. But he's really a wimp that did standard stuff. She's his biggest fan and believes his books are true. Together they get in over their heads with cases that involve the abnormal and supernatural. Each episode is named and themed around a Raymond Scott composition.

This is genuinely good thread. I wish there was more like this.

Because society on the mountain revolves around the wishes of that god that are taught by the bird-people (should come up with a name for them) as scripture, and one of the "commandants" states that anyone who leaves the mountain is considered a heretic, sacrilegious, and otherwise dangerous to the well-being of everyone else.

The villagers of the protagonists only reluctantly refuse to turn them in because they need all the bodies they can get to till crops, hunt mountain lions, milk goats, etc.

By the way, the girl is a bard of sorts with a more idealistic idea of the world, and the boy is a hunter who sees things realistically. I'd imagine him taking the role of the straight man to her antics.

Thanks user. Do you have any ideas of your own?

Like Ouran High School Host Club, but with the genders reversed.

But why would they be able to even assume anyone is not from there? Unless they look radically different or act different it's dumber to assume they're from somewhere far away instead of just random orphans.

Mostly because they look different from everyone on the mountain. Generations of living on said mountain has given everyone a distinctive look (I'd have to research what living on a mountain would make you look like). As an example, they're the only blonde, fair-skinned kids in a community of black/brown-haired, tan-skinned folk. They don't talk like everyone else. They didn't come from above because the village they live in is the last one before you reach impassable territory leading to the base of the mountain.

Basically, "we can't prove that you're not from here, but you're definitely not one of us, and that's dangerous."

The bird-folk would have a better idea since they're essentially the mouthpiece for god, and given how radically the protagonists would differ from the norm, they wouldn't take the risk of their presence being some kind of coincidence.

Make sense? Apologies if I'm not articulating myself very well on this. Was hoping to work out the kinks.

Huh, never thought of it as a webcomic. Thought of it as a slice of life animated series kind of thing

I like it, but it sounds really really similar to the Seventh Tower series of novels I read back in the day.

I've never read those novels, could you explain what similarities you see?

To be honest, I'm less concerned with true originality and more worried about telling a solid story with a fully realized world. Any feedback that helps with either would be appreciated. Not asking you to build anything for me, though.

>> 98032560
Actually, I do.
After The Accident, some scientist-physicist-guy, Tom Hanks-like type, moves into another dimension, for example, to the ancient China (lets say, 9th century BC). Heavily wounded, protagonist is found by monks from the nearest temple, from where the hero runs away in a hurry. First catch: all the inhabitants of the world are not humans (aliens, anthropomorphic animals, morlocks, not important), and second catch - the protagonist does not understand their language, like, at all, and can communicate only with gestures and drawing (by the way, the scientist's hands were severely burned). So, our hero is forced to go on the trickery to get supplies, trying not to go insane and cover his identity.
Bonus cliche - old quirky man with some kind of Prophecy about the Savior of the world.
Also, there is Bad guy.
Also, there is some kind of Force.
In the end reveals, that Prophesy is total bullshit, but despite that protagonist can not bend the Force, he beats Bad guy with
cunning and ironically becomes the Savior himself.
Romantic arc, sci-fi jokes and social commentary is optional, but prefereble.

Take the anime premise of you get trapped in a virtual world, which is somehow a genre, where if you die in the there you die for real, set the story instead in the immediate aftermath and make the tone a neo-noir cyberpunk story mixed with old school John Woo and modern violent action choreography.

The story would follow two characters primarily.

First a Vice detective, "promoted" to cybercrimes and threats who becomes entangled in the vendetta set forth by the second main character.

He is the human side of the main duo. A well meaning if flawed man who believes that the world is a relatively decent place with good people despite the fact that he continually slips up and fucks up because of his greed, lust or general stupidity.

The second main character is our aformented survivor of the experiment. Once upon a time a good kid and now a near mute 12 times over murderer who upon getting out decided to finish the job he started and hunt down the survivors of a gang that went a little bit crazy and started killing people.

He's broken. It genuinely broke him. You can see the remnants of what he used to be, the talent, discipline, just pig headed stubbornness but it's like he's been hollowed out and all that's left is first killing and later a desire for answers.

Main plot as of now is separated in two major arcs. Killing the cult and stopping their murder suicide plot. And this is spoiling a major plot point, investigating the corporation that set the accident up that comatized the original batch in the hospital experiment.

Honestly not going to lie I've never seen a single show with the premise that inspired the idea, it was just described to me once so I understand that this might be very off kilter which makes selling it nigh impossible but eh. I want to make it as a cartoon because I like animation and I think it would work better that way because you can do trippy shit and I like aspects of directing that are amplified by the medium.

>Take the anime premise of you get trapped in a virtual world, which is somehow a genre, where if you die in the there you die for real, set the story instead in the immediate aftermath and make the tone a neo-noir cyberpunk story mixed with old school John Woo and modern violent action choreography.
You lost and won me back in the span of a paragraph. But it does sort push the boundaries of disbelief when you're talking about getting away with 12 murders.

>1. I don't fear most of Sup Forums turning my idea into a runaway success because it's Sup Forums.
You hurt me user
Maybe i will take your idea find a couple of good artist get the crowd funding star...ah forget it

Everyone is too traumatized. And the only people who aren't traumatized are plotting to murder each other.

But it's also why the cops are almost literally everywhere and the main characters meet.

LIL' ADOLF AND THE TIME TRAVELLERS
>Comedy

Branau am Inn, early XXth. Life isn't easy for little Hitler as mysterious time travellers regularly try to kill or take him.
With his (Jewish) best friend, he must try to solve why.

Adolf would be drawn in a cute appealing way and he'd act pretty much like Butters from South Park.
There's also a gang of Jewish teen bullies, with yarmulke, sideburns and everything.
The time travellers would look something out of Simpsons or Family guy.

Bumping for more ideas.

One aspect of the world that I'm having difficulty coming to terms with is the culture I want to base it on, as well as the parallels each group would call out to from something in the real world.

If I were to be frank, the culture I envisioned would be something tribe-based, with each village keeping to themselves with the occasional trader or conflict putting interaction between them.

Native American tribes would be something to compare what I was going for, and while the setting has a single God, certain villages and their people would interpret who they are, what their goal is, and how they want people to live their lives differently.

As for the avians, they'd be more directly comparable to the European ruling class. Highly prideful due to their personal connection to their God, very keen to value heritage and social standing, and taking a stance of "we need to look after these humans and protect them from themselves". Of course, some of them are more benevolent than others, and they take affronts to God very serious.

I'm telling you right now, it sounds extremely fucking boring. What genre would it be? Comedy or something serious with bits of comedy?

Mostly serious. I'm a fan of coming of age stories and fantasy/apocalyptic settings.

Why do you think it's boring?

>Are comic/cartoon idea threads allowed?
Yes, we actually have these thread fairly often, once every few weeks honestly

I suppose they dont get to the bump limit, like "how is your whining" do.

I was just thinking about making one, though maybe on Friday since weekends seem like a good time

But hey, we've got one here and now

some are pretty busy, some aren't. That's the way of any thread that isn't bait/waifu based

I'd like to fucking erase The Good Dinosaur from history and then do a BBC's Walking With__ style animated documentary miniseries about what if dinosaurs survived various extinction events and advanced into primitive hunter gatherer/agricultural societies

I've been thinking about doing this story that's kinda like one piece but with cowboys. Of course there's a lot more to it than that but that's how I'll put it for now.

Okay, I may have another idea, perhaps someone can realized it in more elegant way.
I think - user might like it.

Act 1. Wild west, the times of Gold fever.
Story starts with the departure of protagonist with the caravan to one of those far and small towns in the middle of nowhere (let's call it P-ville for the narration sace). Long story short, P-ville is a peaceful quite town near the golden mine. There's no evil savage indians or bandints, and still from time to time some of the habitents are found to be dead in the shafts. Therefore the local governer opened vacancy for the sheriff, and here comes our hero.
Story cuts a few months later, right after the visit of auditor from the colony - people are still rarely dying, and in addition to that suffering from thirst since the water in the local lake become unbearable to drink and start "tastes like blood"...

That sounds like it could lead up to something potentially good. Are you going realistic or supernatural, or maybe a mix of both?

I'm looking more for supernatural stuff. There's more, I just want to be sure that the thread is still alive. Just one sec.

English better not be your first language nigga

Native American stories and people just bore and piss me off and I don't know why.

Act 2
Our protagonist returns from the governor to his office, where The Deputy and The Priest were waiting for him. Long story short, the colony won't help them, and so P-ville will have to survive on their own. After a little chit-chat sheriff goes to The Undertaker to check the water and tools supplies - old man lives and the P-ville since the day of foundation, and funny enough he is the only living member of the earliest settlers. And here's where the story become a bit "funky"...

Also about my story. I been thinking of having it all be set in post-apocalyptic America but the protagonist and his band of outlaws travel the world. I already have heroes and villains in mind for the story, but my main problem right now is why the protagonist sets out on this journey through the world he lives in.
I think I have a pretty good backstory for him if you'd like to hear it.

Meant to link to.
Sorry about that

And it isn't. I'm sorry for the grammar, guys, I really do my best.

Allright, spill it out.

I'm sorry you feel that way then, but if you have a more objective criticism I'd like to hear it.

You have me interested, user. Wild west stories are somehow really great settings for supernatural themes.

It all takes place at night in a small, quiet town that resides in the mountains away from the bigger and more prosperous towns. One of the big towns is set ablaze by a roaring fire that leaves little to no survivors. The fire heads in to the mountains where the protagonist as a 14 year old child and his father, the local sheriff, live and hunt. The father notices a the huge blaze and urges his son take the route that safely leads to a river bank. The father then runs into his town to save whoever he can before the fire consumes more of the environment, but all that remains is the charred corpses of the towns folk. The father while tearfully shocked manages to head further up the mountain to see if there any signs of survivors. He is then ambushed by a gang of bandits and brought to the highest peak in the mountain. After being forcefully dragged to the highest peak in the mountain he sees that his son has been captured as well. He demands to know who's responsible for the fires until he's shot in the shoulder. The son screams as if he was being tortured. A burning figure emerges from the shadows and with a booming voice shouts "Seen bettah days haven'tcha Joseph!?(the father's name)".

This is part 1.

Neat, neat. I like it.

I'd fucking erase My Gym Partner's A Monkey and make a high school type thing with it, and all the species go to school together instead of the segregation. I'd have episodes that go into the history of the universe. For a little background, the species all evolve with us and end up with vocal cords. Every sentient being. It differs from our universe because instead of using blacks as slaves, they use various animals. Instead of whites segregating blacks, all human races segregate animals. Nothing else is different. Steve Jobs still invents the iPhone, Mariah Carey is still a hit artist. Animals are just more intelligent, happen to speak, and go to school with humans. That means they act like their animal counterparts, but speak and are more intelligent.Our series focuses on a group of 5 kids, like many high school focused shows. Our main characters are outcasts, but we sometimes take a look at the popular kids. Jared, our human, is just a normal guy, our self insert character. He's extremely relatable. You could see him as your high school self. Aaron, a Maine Coon cat, is the most popular one, but as a result is not the brightest. Kenneth, a hamster, is just fucking manic. He could go off at any minute. He hates the school, and most of the students, especially Aaron. Trevor, a Doberman dog, exceptionally smart, and the show's punching bag. Tyrell, a Python, is just a stoner, and has the trademark red eyes. Other characters include Anna, a human girl everyone wants to fuck, and the Red Flags, a multispecies gang that harasses the main characters. I should also mention, there are no laws against marrying or having sex with animals in this universe.

REMEMBER ME EDDIE

WHEN I BURNED YOUR FATHER

I TALKED

JUST

THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSS

The mysterious man seems to know Joseph but given the current situation, doesn't appear to be on good terms with him. Joseph has no recollection of this mysterious figure. Stepping further out of the shadows reveals the burning man's horrifically scarred and blackened face. "I figured a shit eatin' coward like you wouldn't 'member a man like me or what you did to me and muh family! Since you can't remember whatcha did I'm gonna show you whatcha did!" Before Joseph could say thing a thing a myriad of gunshots rips through him like piranha teeth through cow meat. His son watched in complete horror as each shot took bit of life from his father's body. Joseph was dead before his body even hit the ground . The mystery man ordered his bandit friends to throw his body of the side of the mountain. Meanwhile the other bandit took Joseph's son to one of the tallest standing trees in the mountain. The son struggled as hard as he could to break free but the mere strength of one of the bandits made it feel as if one small move could break his arm completely off. A rope is then quickly and expertly wrapped around his neck and he is then flown on on to the tree by another bandit to be hung to his death. The son is gasping for air and struggling to break free but the approaching fire has made it nearly impossible to breathe. All he hears before he seemingly dies is the roaring laughter of the bandits and the mysterious figure shouting "SEE HOW YOUR BOY LIKES BEIN' WELL DONE JOSEPH! YOU SONOFA BITCH!". And then everything turns to black. That's the end of his backstory for now. I hope whoever read this liked it and any criticism is always welcome.

It's the white guilt flaring up, user. Just ignore it.

kek

>politics on a cartoon board

I think you'd be better served giving an outline of the setting, basic plot, and characters, than a script, lel

blocks of text can turn niggas off

Yeah I wanted to write it out like that so I could give myself a feel for what a really wanted to write. I'll definitely shorten it out a bit.

A young boy named Blorgscht has no friends and constant bad luck, and he believes it's because of his dumbass name. One day an old friend who moved away a few years ago comes back to town, revealing that she was adopted by a family who changed her last name to Deckrickshmidton. She instantly falls back in love with Blorgscht, but whenever they're together literally everything seems to go wrong. Blorgscht is certain that it's because their names are so fuckin dumb. Over time Blorgscht amasses a harem of childhood friend with really fuckin stupid names, each one with a slightly different curse which brings slightly different forms of bad luck. After only introducing about 6 characters there are already more combinations of bad luck than there would ever be episodes.

There needs to be somebody giving a critique on these ideas.

Yup

Seventh Tower was the shit. Keys to the Kingdom by the same guy was great too.

Bump for more idea.

Great worldbuilding, but you need to be able to build a solid plot around it. I'd give it a shot though.
Sounds too much like a Disney Channel show. From your description all the "quirkyness" just sounds forced.
This sounds cool
I'm sold, as long as the language baerier remains a plot point and isn't just forgotten about.
10/10, but to echo what the other user said 12 murders is a lot to get away with.
Reminds me of Monty Python Mr Hilter. Sounds good.

A little hillbilly girl who's a witch, with her wand being a piece of straw in her mouth

I've posted it before, but I can give the full idea if anybody's interested.

An interviewer dies and ends up in the afterlife, where they decide to go around interviewing people about their what their lives were like while they were alive

I've posted my idea before in a lot of threads like these, and people seemed to like it. I'm currently working on developing it until it's fit to pitch it to somebody

Thank you for the feedback, but could you explain what you mean by "solid plot"? It may be just because I'm new at writing that I don't fully understand it. Do you mean a clear beginning, middle and end with enough interesting events to carry the story?

Also, this is something I'd like to ask everyone, but does this sound like a story that's suited more to a comic (mountainous vistas, different cultures) or a book? With the former, I'm not sure how I'd find someone willing to draw for it, or how to publish it, or where to show it. Any guidance on that would be greatly appreciated.

A caveman in prehistoric times accidentally gains immortality. The series would be about him going on misadventures in various different time periods throughout history

That's every tv show ever. Apart from sitcoms and cop shows.

Sounds interesting. I'd watch it.

Yeah, basically. What I was trying to say is make sure you have interesting characters and a believable series of conflicts they have to face rather than only using the plot as an excuse to show off your cool world. It's a trap Robert Jordan fell into sometimes, much as I love Wheel of Time.

A cartoon from the perspective of a dwarf star and her satellites. At the end of the universe. Amoung the nothings.

This. If you ever write anything, use exactly this.

So... is the stuffed tiger alive?

Also if anyone has any questions or criticisms about my story feel free to ask.

What?

Ah, then I feel like I have that base covered.

As I said before the protagonists are a brother and sister, and I want to base their relationship on the one I had with my older brother and how I see those types of relationships in general: Completely different people related by blood who frequently bicker about things, but when it comes down to it they genuinely love and look after each other, even if they don't openly admit it.

To be honest, I'm toying with the idea that one of them acts as the "villain" in the sense that they're a shadow to their sibling. The brother, a pragmatist, resents the ruling class of bird-like people who rule over the human species and dislikes unnecessary risk. Whereas the girl is an idealist who wants to understand the god they worship and can't turn a blind eye to suffering.

I didn't read past small towns, but small towns are comfy so I imagine the series would be comfy too.!

Lookee here boy!
I don't care about ol' lucky Joe or his kid one scrap. I don't know 'em, and I sure as shit don't know Burnie. You can't sell me on a sandwhich just by feeding me a bit of ol' cheese, boy! You got to describe the fixins, make me want it like a man wants a fine woman. Can you do that boy? Can you give me the rundown? This here fire needs a spot o' pitch. So pitch me.

Is the bridge a bit of rope over a river or a gate in a wardrobe.

The magic stuff is real, yes, is the question I'm assuming you're asking here. If you'd like I can give the full version of the idea.

Naw, you can post it but it doesn't sound like my thing.

A 14 year old gets thrown off her cloud city home to Earth for breaking a jelly machine. On Earth she decides to explore a small forest and eats some wild berries. Eventually enough, she sees this dude (roughly around the same age, maybe a year older?) coming out of a grocery store and recruits him as her first good Earth friend to do regular Earth things. I really don't want to say that it’s a “slice of life” show, but there’s elements of everyday struggles mixed with characters confronting the philosophy of innocence mixed with bits of mild fantasy or whatever, all within a comfy shore-side town.

I've already written several scripts and I'm planning on editing the pitch bible sometime soon. Any thoughts?

Here's the full version of the idea

A cartoon set in the Deep south during the Great Depression, starring a little hillbilly girl going on folksy adventures. She’s also a witch, with her wand being a piece of straw in her mouth and her familiar being a pig. The show would have quite a bit of slapstick, as the girl tends to accidentally injure herself while casting spells. Rather than a traditional witch’s cauldron, she has a clunky old distillery (sort of like the kind moonshine’s made with), that she tries to brew potions with, but it often ends up blowing up in her face. For some reason, I was thinking her name would be Daisy.

She lives alone, except for her pig, in a cluttered old run-down hut full of stuff she found. The hut’s on the outskirts of a dingy old bayou town inhabited by bumpkins.

The main villains would be a trio of rowdy (but smarter than they look) redneck musicians in a bluegrass band. They’re warlocks with enchanted instruments, casting spells based on the songs played on them .

The show would have a sort of Southern Gothic tone to it, though still light-hearted.

Vandal Savage?

So what is it?

That's just Star vs. And you've posted this like ten times.

It's the one about the eccentric little girl who gets committed to a surreal, gloomy, and old-fashioned mental asylum, basically. It seems pretty well-liked when I post the idea in these threads, and to the people I show it to elsewhere.

A ghostly little girl attempts to fulfill her unfinished business so she can pass on, but needs to find out just what that unfinished business is before she can do so.

Uncanny resemblance to Star Vs.

I swear I've heard of this before.

In one of these threads, or in something that was actually made?

Something actually made.

Well if you figure out what it is, let me know

Sounds like Seems but shitty.

Well the reason he gets away with it is thricefold.

One. Everyone who could tell or would want to is traumatised and hospitalized and the only people who aren't is him and the people who are trying to kill him.

Two. He was killing the killers. Not innocents and everyone involved other than the killers was all about that.

Three. Everyone only knows about six kills. Which is still a lot but spread over months. The other six were done in an orgy of violence that was immieditly preceeding their rescue and factors into the plot importantly later.

Seems? What's seems?

A small demon loses his memory. With new friends, he discovers that he used to be part of a group of demons that want to bring down the benevolent ruler of the underworld, for reasons that they say are noble. MC demon and his bat friend disagree about the morality of doing this and split ways. Demon proceeds with group, but changes his mind at the last minute. Sacrifices himself to save the underworld. Turns out this doesn't kill him, he wakes up again with no memories, and it all ends the same way it started, in a cycle.

There's a search bar right above the webpage. You know how to Google. Use it.

I get the connection but how exactly is it similar besides the vague "fish out of water leaves towards Earth and recruits kid to be friends" bit? Other than that the show has a completely different aesthetic, different types characters, different morals, even different styles of humor.

But yeah, I guess I should probably stop posting the same pilot over and over again in these threads.

Oh sure, I'm sure I'll get what ever show/series/story is called "seems" if I search that word into google, rather than just the definition for the word "seems"

I mostly want this story to encapsulate the western genre in a grand story that travels around the world. The protagonist roams from town to town, city to city, state to state, nation to nation, continent to continent. He fights many outlaws along the way. One man, let's call him Jack, is one the big antagonists of the story who quickly because an unstoppable force in the west and soon the protagonist and Jack finds themselves battling it out everytime they cross paths. As the protagonist and his band of outlaws grow in numbers the world around him grows and becomes increasingly dangerous. Jack is the type of man who would hunt down your whole family himself if you dared question his ambitions or stood in his way. I aim to capture the bright and brutal side of the old west in this story (look up the death Dave Rudabaugh). Also I'm making this into a comic and not a book.