Which of these "hero breaker" big guy characters from the late 80s or early 90s was the best...

Which of these "hero breaker" big guy characters from the late 80s or early 90s was the best? I would say Venom by a longshot.

When done right i love Venom
But he is rarely done right

The only one of those who has had any continued success or relevance is Venom.

Venom. There are a lot of reasons why, but the virtue of him having a build up and not just coming out of the blue should do.

do I really have to say it?

Doomsday is such a bizarre choice for the cause of Superman's death

"Ok fellas, we're killing off Superman and it's gonna be a huge event. How are we gonna do it?"

"Uh, a big scary monster beats him to death?"

"Done! Now let's all celebrate with some cocaine."

Symbiotes are boring as fuck and shouldn't exist, but Venom is the best out of those 3

>Symbiotes are boring as fuck
What could possibly be boring about an alien symbiote?

This.
I don't even like Venom that much and the rest of the Symbiotes can go fuck off but he's the only one who's had actual success and even character development (even if it didn't last).
No one even pretends Doomsday is anything but a plot device and Banefags are delusional in thinking DC owes their shit has-been villain anything.

There's been many villains before Bane who have broken Batman, there's been many after, and there will continue to be. Bane is not special and he never was.

Eeeeh, they at least tried to justify the "big bruiser" thing. Most of Supes big deal enemies at the time were smart, not physical fighters, and here was something that could go physically go toe to toe with him. Smart guys couldn't beat him, just throw something that's all about physical damage.

It was stupid, but I can see the logic.

The premise of having an unstoppable kaiju scaled down to go 1v1 with Superman never seemed especially illogical to me when considering the alternatives in his previously established rogues, who all either seemed too non-serious, secondary, or too "obvious" to do the job. Like, if Brainiac or Luthor were the Big Bads, the whole thing would've read like an elaborate Silver Age clickbait story which it totally was, but that would've made the narrative seem too on-the-nose. So, if you were to go about creating an OC that was going to do the Man of Steel in "for good"; it might as well have been a completely uninhibited, uncompromising force of nature that'd die in the same story in some epic climax of mutually assured destruction.

Doomsday actually kind of felt reminiscent to Moriarty (in a meta perspective, at least), how he was also invented to be "the most definitive and evil criminal genius ever" who was really just a one-dimensional plot device ACD needed to get rid of Holmes for good, while also letting his beloved MC go out on a high note so any further adventures he'd have would pale in comparison to the stakes he faced in his "final" adventure. In that respect, Doomsday pretty much succeeded in his time. The only problem with him was that Superman's death was never going to stick, and Doomsday should have NEVER been used again.

Venom for sure, but I am super biased.
Bane can be good, he just can also be really bad.

If Bane is not special, why has he been in almost every non comic adaption since his inception? Namely the most popular 2, being TDKT and Arkham in which he was fucking everywehere

That is true.
Venom should have died with Carnage the moment he appeared.
Bane was only good in his very first appearance, vengeance of Bane.
That secret six is only semi good and he is a useless halfwit there.
I ignore Doomsday.

>Venom should have died with Carnage the moment he appeared.
Possibly the most idiotic thing I've heard all day. How old are you, child?

My age is of no concern.
Venom was only any good until he spawned Carnage, they should have both died and be forgotten.

Venom books have been the only readable Spider books lately, albeit mediocre, so nah...

Also Carnage-Man was the ONLY good Axis book, and Carnage was a good book, so no you're wrong faggot.

Venom, hands down. Doomsday is a Mary Sue villain that gets beat up by the Mary Sue hero in the end. A villain that's uninteresting as the hero he was made for. Bane is just too meh to even explain why he's meh. Venom started as meh but he grew into something that surpasses both Doomsday and Bane combined, and then some.

Are you actually pulling a "b-but he's popular so that means you are not allowed to criticize him" argument ?
There is nothing Bane does that characters like KGBeast or Killer Croc couldn't do.
In virtually all of these adaptations he's only there because Batman needs a musclebound brute to punch as well and even Bane fans complain about this.

I'm not a huge Venom fan but he stood the test of time much better than the other two (in terms of comics, in terms of movies Bane is the best Sup Forums memes aside)

Why would they complain about it? Bane power is literally taking drugs to be strong and nothing except that.

Here's a harder question: which of these two has the worse fanbase ?

Because it's not enough for Bane to be stronger than all the other Batman villains, he also has to be smarter and he can never lose to anyone. At least, that's how Chuck Dixon, who envisioned him as an evil Doc Savage, wrote it.
You can tell he's smart because he once played chess with Ra's al Ghul and he was the secret keikaku master in some appearences so that means he is totally a genius as well.

You're right, but I still like him.

That literally was it. At the regular story planning meetings DC has, there was always some asshole who said "Let's just kill him." Well, since they wanted a way to delay the in-comic wedding to match the one in Lois & Clark, so they whipped up something to kill him and gave it the most insane backstory they could.

Bane

Does Kevin 11 count?

Venom by far unless we're counting Sup Forums as actual Bane fans

>Let's keep all the garbage in case might need some of it some day