Who was wrong?

Who was wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1qNT7enlfSo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

snail girl was right.

No one. His gift fucking sucks, but that's the kind of relationship they have. Maybe he was being genuine, so it's good she was being nice.

The snail is a leg beard, so I'm going to go with the snail being wrong.

Depends on the oranges.

The weasel? sucks but the comic is only ever from the snail's perspective. I don't think she ever really shows herself having flaws aside from terrible self-worth, of course.

>hurr durr all men are pigs
I fucking hate millennial feminists

Anyone who buys expensive gifts in hopes of getting some back is always wrong.

This reminds me of my first holiday with the girlfriend. I sent her flowers because she specifically mentioned the kind of flowers she liked, and when I finally was able to see her I gave her a homemade card. She got upset because I didn't just go buy one that had better card stock.

Apparently every comic is based on a true story. Granted it's all from her perspective, but her ex really does seem like a complete loser.

>Apparently every comic is based on a true story
Obviously highly distorted to completely fictional, considering it comes from the bias viewpoint of “the victim womyn”

>"I'm an expert on this webcomic artist's life and can say that these moments are absolutely distorted"
Like I get thinking they're skewed to her opinion (cause pretty much everyone does it) but why go to such extreme as to side against her immediately based on no reason beyond you THINKING she's exaggerating ?

>all men
>one specific boyfriend
How do you come to this conclusion?

Because i hate all these tumblr comics coming out that can be whittled sown to “WAHH MEN ARE EVIL LIFE IS SO HARD IN THE MODERN WORLD FOR A WOMYN”

I have no doubt in my mind this guy is a real person and very much a piece of shit in every regard. However, I don't think she's prize GF material herself. She seems like the type of person who wouldn't want to be friends with you unless you're an echo chamber.

I have a very close friend and there are times we get into heated arguments about certain political issues, but we at least listen to each other and occasionally have had our opinions swayed thanks to one or the other's argument.

I don't think this girl will ever know the joys of being able to get into a big disagreement with someone but then still be happy to go to the movies with them right afterwards.

quit yer bitchin

The artist clearly has massive self-esteem problems and doesn't try to paint herself as a victim or morally superior or anything. It's pretty clear she isn't top gf material either. It's just some funny stories about her relationship with a guy who is somewhat of a fuckhead, not the standard "OH NO I'M BEING MANSPLAINED TO BY A LITERAL NAZI" fare.

But you're a bizarro tumblrite who thinks all women are evil and wrong by default so whatever.

>But you're a bizarro tumblrite who thinks all women are evil and wrong by default so whatever.
I never implied i hated all women

heh... this one is pretty good.

Is it bad i want to fug the slug?

>Apparently every comic is based on a true story.
Hard to believe it, If only 10% of the comics she made were true stories then her ex boyfriend was a High-functioning autist at best.

It was sort of implied considering how adamantly and swiftly you went to hating an artist after seeing 1-2 strips of their work.

I think someone said it last thread, but there's something about those comics which makes me believe she's the type of person to inflate dramas and 'forget' details when describing ways she was wronged.
I'd say I believe she had an awful boyfriend, but I wouldn't want to be near her regardless.

Yes you did

Aren't most people?

Hand-drawn cards aren't expensive, they're time-consuming. The complaint seems less about the cost of the gifts and more about the thought put into them. Shit, man, her oranges aren't even wrapped.

Like did he REALLY just give her a net-bag of oranges or were they wrapped?

DOES she love fruit?

Were they special oranges in some way? Or was he a poorfag?

All things that could make it less bad then she presents it. These comics stink like straw which makes me default to skeptical.

Dude he gave her oranges as a christmas present.ORANGES

Yeah, the cold's definitely going to kill those off pretty quickly

These days all my family does is give each other foodstuffs because none of us want more books and things in our homes already filled with them.

It's not like it's implausible she had a shitty boyfriend, but the couple of "I can't believe people have different opinions than me" comics she's done make me extra-skeptical she's being fair to other people.

>Rejecting gift because it wasn't pleasing enough
I guess the sentiment means nothing to someone who values objects over subjects

If people have to explain why you shouldn't say Nigger if you're not black. you're probably at least a bit slow. This isn't an opinion debate but more a social thing.

That said people who say "you can't say that" instead of "you shouldn't say that" are a bit daft.

did she reject it?
i think you need new eyes shit eyes.

Learn to appreciate the orange.

>tfw no dirty and abusive rat boyfriend

This one makes me laugh just because of how stupid that joint looks.

You give presents to represent the ammount of value you put at that person.

If the value of the present does not matter then the gift does not matter as well and the person shouldn't be grateful at all

She didn't reject it, she was actually nice about it.

We all just buy some simple 5$ thing and then we play games with handmade cards to determine who gets what.
So you get shit like "swap gifts with the person to your left" or "pick one gift from the person that has the most gifts" and then you just play until you run out of cards.

Yeah, but she also doesn't seem open to the debate that it's still a derogatory term, even when blacks say it. She just seems like the type who will never challenge a liberal thought-process and just accept or reject things for superficial reasons.

If nigger is an unacceptable word, its unacceptable. If a black person uses and you're okay with it, you aren't actually treating them equal, you're filing them under a separate community of people with their own rules.

>"good" present
> useless crap that will just clutter your home and be in the garbage in six months
>"bad" present
>practical items that you love and won't just be thrown out

>going this far out of the way to disbelieve the author because she got oranges for Christmas from the boyfriend we've been told is remarkably shitty
It's fine to see these as being biased, but the comic would actually be more funny had he wrapped them. Also I love peanutbutter but I can buy that anywhere any day and actually do, so an extra jar, as much as I'd appreciate it, wouldn't be a very good gift. It's not terrible, it shows the person knows me, but in context with what was the agreed upon feel of that Christmas, it might show that the love of my life knows just the basics of me and what I like.
Now if we had gotten together and set spending limits: "nothing over $5, nothing homemade, food only, final destination" then something like a jar of peanut butter or a sack of oranges would be perfect.
And unless they're those overpriced Japanese fruits, there's no such thing as special oranges. He isn't a poorfag, we see him with a car and a job.

We really don't know enough about the background to their relationship to make a judgement call.

Wasn't there a cartoon/movie about a kid who gets an orange for Christmas??

The thing is that the word isn't just mean, it carries the connotation of meaning "subhuman". If someone who would be "subhuman" under the implications of the word were to use the word against people like them, there's a sense of irony there in their common bond that can make it okay to them in that context. When a white person says nigger, it's the word white people made to label them as subhuman and is "not cool".

Christmas/Valentine/Date Presents are simbolic, if you just build something cheap out off practicality then is not a present

Will you throw a small party at anyone who buy a bottle of water to you? Would you isntantly consider someone close to you because they paid a coffe to you?

Tell me, why does she wear the swan?

>but she also doesn't seem open to the debate that it's still a derogatory term, even when blacks say it. She just seems like the type who will never challenge a liberal thought-process and just accept or reject things for superficial reasons

I'll take "what are assumptions based off a 2 panel comic for $500, Alex"

>If nigger is an unacceptable word, its unacceptable. If a black person uses and you're okay with it, you aren't actually treating them equal, you're filing them under a separate community of people with their own rules.

Mate, I'm not a fuckin historian or philosopher but y'know I'm not gonna use racial slurs period regardless of origin. If a bunch of other people want to fine. I ain't here to explain society and how it's unfair brah.

to mask her colossal erection

Dat legs

She looks like a little boy.

If that's the look she's going for? great.

POST MORE COMICS.

m-moot?!

But that doesn't negate anything that I said. Blacks making themselves feel subhuman for "not being black enough" is a far more previlous social problem than whites saying nigger, and blacks being able to say the word helps to reinforce that attitude because it's often those who don't want to end up following a path in life where they're called "white".

It's still a put down word no matter who uses it, and it should be considered as such, and it SHOULD be challenged, not just blindly accepted. People who just shrug and go well yeah, a black can say it, it's different means you will never see them as an equal, you will always see their skin color before anything else.

>again with the prarie

>falling for Hallmark scams

I want to fuck this boy (female)

what was she going to do? frame it?
that's what marketing wants you to think, prove your love with money

>"for not being black enough"
What? I haven't seen this one.

>Not being filled with frustration and self doubt because you can't articulate your vision
I can't relate to this at all.

She was pretty retarded for expecting him to get her anything decent.
He's the shitty bf she kept around to punish herself.

I mean it's true

I think that assumes that all people who say "white people shouldn't say nigger" are the same people who say "I don't see race :D". They're not, so that argument doesn't work. Now assuming that noting differences means never seeing as equals is fucking stupid. Not seeing any differences in people is even more dishonest than not seeing race.

go back to social studies edge lord.

Uh... Really? It's been a very prevalent problem for decades now. It's pretty much become commonplace in every community now that tries to separate themselves.

Jumping to the conclusion that this is what the comic is like is kind of sexist.

You know, there are plenty of people / nations who had it worse than niggers. Why everything has to be about blacks?

>her ex boyfriend was a High-functioning autist at best.
>tfw bf is high functioning autist and he can get this shitty in very rare occasions
Unless Gogarty is a lying Pollyanna though, he probably has at least an additional personality disorder in the mix.

No, I mean black people calling black people who aren't acting black enough "nigger" because they aren't acting black enough.

Oi m8 who's dat bloke and what's he doing in this thread innit?

But she's not talking over a black person in that comic.

>everything
It's not all about blacks. Where do you even get that from?
If you're wondering why Americans focus on American blacks rather than non-Americans in countries that aren't America, it's probably because they aren't Americans in America.

This assumes too much to be applicable in any situation where a white person isn't shutting down a black person for not being offended enough.

> MEN ARE EVIL
> The comics refer specifically to one ex-boyfriend

>non-Americans
Do you realize that literally every american comes from somewhere, or has ancestors from other country? Like, Italy, UK, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Russia, etc?

Sure, but I don't know if anyone remembers the last time an American cop killed an unarmed youth in Germany. I don't know who to vote for to continue to not make that happen.

>she's a neo nazi
woooooooooooooow

We have this talk every time someone posts her comics and Sup Forums seems to struggle with the fact she really was just venting about a shitty relationship. The "why can't I say that word" comic isn't about how progressive and woke she is, it's about how they're supposed to be out on a nice date and he wants to debate his right to say a highly controversial word.

>voting
That doesn't sound like an american way. Americans take matters in their own hands

Clearly a Bobobo-bo-bobobo refernce.

>dundies

I miss that show

I fapped thinking about the slug getting raped by her disgusting boyfriend

>Born in America
>Never left the country
>Can only speak English
>Familiar only with American history, customs, and pop culture
>"So you're Russian, huh?"

I don't know. I feel like it's kind of a lie for people to refer to me as where my ancestors were from. And it's something that only happens when you're IN America, the instant you leave, it's fine to be American again.

I guess being American in America is just too boring for people.

no wonder "she" hates herself

they don't call them nigger
they call them Uncle Tom or race traitor, but not nigger

Holy shit, you will probably think I'm joking, but you actually nailed it perfectly, in a way I didn't know myself

She should have articulated that a bit better in the second panel. Just something like, "Do you really have to bring this up? Can't we have one relaxing night?" because I had wondered why the hell that comic was even two-panels when the first one felt irrelevant to the second.

I drew that once.

Thanks now I have to do it again

You are being trolled.

shouldn't he put his nose, though? it looks like penis

It's weird, her goal was to make comics about her horrible BF but all she did was create a really visually good looking cartoon character duo. One short, one tall. Color schemes compliment each other. They fit into compositions nicely because of their design shapes. And their interactions are way more entertaining to read than any of her other snail diaries.

Yeah, I fucked the nose up and only realized I'd done so when I was so far-gone re-drawing it would have been a hassle.

>directs from Sup Forums board to a Sup Forums board
I don't get it

I think you're thinking of the man, the legend, Fitz Thistlewitz.
youtube.com/watch?v=1qNT7enlfSo

Clementines

Ahaha she looks like that guy from 30 rock