Why is FoX-Men and FF movies still being made and not MCU ones?

Why are Fox X-Men movies still being made?

I can understand Deadpool 2 and Dark Pheonix since those were already in production and almost done. But now they are making New Mutants and a Shadowcat Movie (and maybe Gambit?)??? And a Dr Doom solo movie?!!!!

Why? Why is Disney allowing this? I thought the whole point of buying Fox was that Disney/Marvel studios now have the X-Men/Fantastic Four rights back? Was this in the contract or something?

I want the X-Men and Fantastic Four in the MCU dammit!!!!! I don’t care about Jlaw Mystique. Ugh.

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbook.com/marvel/2018/01/11/the-new-mutants-movie-release-date-change-2018/
deadline.com/2015/05/the-new-mutants-x-men-josh-boone-the-fault-in-our-stars-fox-1201425641/
ca.ign.com/articles/2016/03/30/new-mutants-movie-will-bring-a-young-adult-vibe-to-the-x-men-universe
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

From what I understand it will be at least 6 months before we see Disney actually taking control over the new stuff

>I want the X-Men and Fantastic Four in the MCU dammit!!!!!

What horrendous taste.

Why do MCU Faggots have to be so autistic?

The buy-out was more of a merger as Fox is allowed to make movies however they want. It’s just that they work for the Mouse now.

>Jennifer Lawrence will never be killed off and continue to ruin X-men films.

because the buyout still has to be approved. Nothing has been sealed yet

More like 18 months.

There's the regulator to wait for (because the merger is potentially subject to antitrust regulation), then there's whether or not FOX will actually get sold.

As has been pointed out elsewhere, there's a $1.5 billion penalty for FOX if Murdoch backs out at the last second - but if he's only pretending to go through with the sale to try and make himself look respectable for regulators elsewhere, it wouldn't be the first time he'd paid a lot of money and gained an advantage.

Nothing has been transferred yet. They're separate companies.

Assuming it does go through, it'll be two years or more before you start seeing changes.

> Deadpool 2 and Dark Pheonix since those were already in production

Correct.

>New Mutants

Also allegedly done, but apparently terrible, which you might expect for a movie made in under a year from concept to screen date.

>Shadowcat

Believe it when it happens, not before.

>Gambit

Not happening - fell apart years ago, but FOX are still stuck with the contract star and don't want to pay him off so they can recast.

>Dr Doom solo

I'd put that in the same bracket as the eventually imaginary 2016 Silver Surfer solo movie. People make plans, plans go nowhere, let's just say that.

>Why is Disney allowing

Disney is a different company and will be for years deal or no deal.

>I thought the whole point

Ah.

This is a different sort of deal - even if it goes through, it's not a rights buyback. It's the purchase, in whole, with existing contracts, employees, liabilities - of FOX. So even after the sale and transfer, FOX would still own the X-Men, FF etc.

It *should* be easy to transfer those rights back to Marvel (but they'd still have to be paid for, ironically, though Disney wouldn't actually pay more money, just transfer it between companies), but the big kicker is the casting contracts would remain intact, so recasting would mean buying people out of any unused appearances they signed for.

There is solid 50% chance that Fox gonna keep making those movies even after the merger is finalized, just with a more Marvel's lore and Disney's guidance in there.

>I want the X-Men and Fantastic Four in the MCU dammit!!!!!
Why do you hate variety? Why do you want everything to be samey rubbish?

Ah yes verity such as X-Men 3 and Wolverine Origins and Fant4stic are truly the spice of life.

You mean why does he want a good f4 movie? Because even if it was thor dark world tier quality it would be better than anything fox put them in

That must be one hell of an advantage. Lossing 1.5 billion and pissing off a monster company better be worth it

Soon bros, we will be free
LMAO

If Variety means another "Rise of the Silver Surfer," than I ask for milktoast for life.

We can agree that those were pretty terrible films. But has Marvel even come close to "Logan"?

>Also allegedly done, but apparently terrible, which you might expect for a movie made in under a year from concept to screen date

Source: your ass

>I thought the whole point of buying Fox was that Disney/Marvel studios now have the X-Men/Fantastic Four rights back?
No, that's that's just a bonus. The real point is because Disney is going to have their own movie streaming service in the future and need a significantly bigger library and Fox knows their focus would be much better spent on their real popular properties, news and sports

Because they were already in production, and the process of formalizing the buy out and Disney taking direct control over the studios will take over a year yet. And this is all assuming they don't get blasted with an antitrust suit to keep it from happening.

As opposed to the top quality F4 movies we had before?

movies aren't made in a day, and the employees at Fox are still getting paid to do their job. if the deal falls apart after Fox had halted production they no movies to release in 2019 -2021.

once the sale in 17 months is final Disney could advance or put the kibosh on whatever they like.

New Mutants, Deadpool 2 and Dark Phoenix are done filming, they're in post production, they'll be released since most of the budget has been spent

>Why? Why is Disney allowing this?
I don't think you understand what a business contract is and that contracts can exist between A and B even when C owns them both.

Source: they announced it less than a year before the release date, which they're allegedly going to meet in March.

It's a big-budget movie made in under a year. Name five that aren't shit.

Fuck, name five X-Men movies that aren't shit.

He wouldn't personally be losing it, and it's not really any worse than the last time his share price fell. He'll still be richer than Croesus.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 was a better movie than Logan. Even Ant-Man was better.

*mic drop*

New Mutants moved to February 22nd, 2019.
they maybe keep this 4 the MCU
comicbook.com/marvel/2018/01/11/the-new-mutants-movie-release-date-change-2018/

>Deadpool moved to 2 weeks after Infinity War and 2 weeks before Solo: A Star Wars Story comes out

WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY DOING? If this is Fox's decision, are they trying to sabotage themselves? That might be the worst idea for a release date in the history of film, 2 of the biggest films of the year are coming out within 4 weeks of each other, and you think it's a good idea to put fucking Deadpool inbetween them? Do they not want it to make money?

And Disney is buying Fox. Those movies are Disney properties. If Disney is somehow involved in the release date changing, why would they make the month of May have even MORE self competition? Move it to fucking November or December or something, Deadpool would beat Aquaman in the box office easily.

This. Kids think there isn't a grace period and the ink doesn't need to dry before all resources are allocated

FoX-Men film fan reporting in. I don't want he mutants in the MCU. Days of Future Past, Deadpool and Logan are better films than Marvel has ever made, and Marvel couldn't have made them even if they had the same people working for them. I'd rather see Marvel continue to develop their less famous properties and make something out of them, and develop that world organically, as they have been doing, them cram in the X-Men just because squealing fanboys insist it be so.

I sure they'll appease the fanboys eventually, but I do hope they will keep space for out of canon movies, where things like Deadpool sequels could live. Then we might even get the best of both worlds.

OP, however, is still a fag.

Yes, that's a bad move, they should put Deadpool in March-April ...

Ant Man was a really good movie, there's no "even" about it.

>New Mutants
>Also allegedly done, but apparently terrible,
Designed to be a horror movie, so of course it's not going to be anything intelligent or artistic. Horror movies get turned around quicker than SIX MONTHS so one year is meaningless.

Also, there's a trailer out, so as far as 'allegedly done,' we can reasonably assume principal photography is complete so: yes, "your ass" indeed.

>big budget
>under a year

Again, designed horror; not big budget. IT was brought in under 1 year, among others.

>Gambit
>Not happening - fell apart years ago, but FOX are still stuck with the contract star and don't want to pay him off so they can recast.

Fake news.

There's no such contract. Channing does not have a 'pay to play' contract.

Donner does NOT have any interest in recasting. They've hired people subsequent to your timeline to work on pre-production stuff.

Otherwise, your guesses and 'sources' are reasonable assumptions, save that you do not understand contracts in Hollywood. For example, Garfield was paid SOMETHING for TAMS3 not happening, he didn't get the entire amount of his contract. Webb, as another example, also had a contract for TAMS3 and didn't get squat.

A "pay to play" contract means an actor has a contract that guarantees them (as with some NFL players) either a SET amount irrespective of where the film is made OR the entire agreed upon amount irrespective of what happens with the film itself. Very few people rate pay to play contracts in this day and age. Jennifer Lawrences original contract with Fox for the three picture deal was NOT a pay to play, for example.

Sebastian Stan has a 9 picture deal. He's guaranteed a set amount, but since he has, for example, a small role in Infinity Wars (he finished his shooting some six plus months go - while the main cast has been in production all that time), he gets paid a small flat fee plus a certain amount for days filming.

>I thought the whole point of buying Fox was that Disney/Marvel studios now have the X-Men/Fantastic Four rights back?

NOPE. Not even close.

The point was getting access to Fox's regional sports to buck up ESPN, which used to be a cash cow for Disney/ABC but has been a problem with all the cord cutters. They can no longer expect that cable companies will pay whatever ESPN insists on, so adding the regional contracts will help in those regions (which is pretty much the entire USA). They also wanted the library for their new streaming service. Those two were FAR more significant than anything related to the MCU.

Marvel Studios had already approached Fox about just the rights, offering a similar deal to what they offered Sony for Spidey, Fox told them to fuck off. The Murdoch's didn't give didly squat about that when it came - in fact, they didn't have a role in the decision, just the Fox studios film production and X-Men production team people, and they only agreed to this when it became a bigger deal worth actual cash (and valuable Disney stock) to them personally.

>*mic drop*

Your opinion fascinates me. Can I subscribe to your newsletter?

>!!!!!
Calm down, kiddie.
The deal between Disney and Fox hasn't officially been made so I assume Fox just carries on as if nothing happened for the time being.

>how come it takes time for things to happen?'

seriously....?

>"your ass" indeed.

Goodness, someone rolled out of the wrong side of bed this morning.

>IT

IT was 8 years under multiple different creative teams before they settled on the version they wanted to make. Your ass or mine?

>Channing

If he's not attached, he wouldn't have been announced. He signed on in 2014; he'd have to have literally an imaginary agent not to get pay or play on the lead in a movie like this. For fuck's sake, kid.

They've got no director (for the third time), and Tatum doesn't want (or didn't, before he found out Jupiter Ascending wasn't getting the planned sequels) to anchor the X-Men franchise after Jackman's departure. They're on yet another major rewrite, they've missed one actual release date already and been removed from, then re-added to, schedules. There's no point going to pre-production until they've got a script - which they haven't, by their own admission.

This project is going nowhere.

>explaining how contracts work

Do you even know what it would cost to not only buy out one major actor in a franchise like this, but everybody?

All the actors. All the crew. Everybody who was signed up for the option of coming back. Everybody who cleared their schedule on the studio's behalf and now has to find something else to work on. You sack 'em all, you'll be looking at the first class-action for that, ever. And they'll win.

It's not worth doing. Just let them expire naturally - five, ten years, whatever. You seem to be willfully misunderstanding the point here.

>Jennifer Lawrence

When she signed on for X-Men she was basically a glorified extra. She may have signed as a prominent, speaking character, but she wasn't hired for her star power - if she had been, they wouldn't have been able to afford her. This is FOX, after all. They like to keep things cheap.

Still, you'd come over as a lot more intelligent if you only knew the difference between "pay to play" (bribes in politics) and "pay or play". You meant "pay or play".

I don't think its autism as much as simple youth and inexperience.

These companies move and thing in multi-year-long planning schedules. We have no idea of the details in the deal between Disney and Fox, for all we know the deal itself does not *begin* for months or possibly even years, and when the deal does begin we have no idea what duration of grace period is allowed for projects already in the pipe. It would not surprise me if we see X-properties coming out of Fox for the next 5 years. Any ongoing projects are probably grandfathered into the deal to be allowed until they naturally end so we might see X-properties by Fox on tv for the better part of a decade.

As for Disney, even if they had the X-properties back today its going to be a couple of years before you see them in the MCU. They're not going to rush it out overnight.

>Do you even know what it would cost to not only buy out one major actor in a franchise like this, but everybody?
>All the actors. All the crew. Everybody who was signed up for the option of coming back. Everybody who cleared their schedule on the studio's behalf and now has to find something else to work on. You sack 'em all, you'll be looking at the first class-action for that, ever. And they'll win.

So you shit on someone for explaining contracts and go on to be completely wrong about contracts yourself. No one is signed on for THEIR OWN OPTION. They are NOT guaranteed money. You sack em all, that's the studios choice. Sometimes there's buyout options, sometimes not. Contracts for multiple films are not done for the actors benefit. The hell they would win. They sometimes don't clear their schedule and have to drop out of projects because a studio optioned them. You should not be explaining things like this to someone with a condescending attitude when you have no fucking clue as to what you're talking about. How the fuck could an actor sue when it's up to the studio?

>all the crew
>he thinks crew get to come back for sequels
>he thinks disney would even give a shit about crew and not just use whoever they feel like

Hhahahahahaahahahahahahaha.

>Garfield was paid SOMETHING for TAMS3 not happening,

No he was not. The studio owed him no money for not making a movie they didn't want to. The option to bring him back was Sony's and the option was to keep him from strong arming them for even more money for potential sequels.

>Fuck, name five X-Men movies that aren't shit.
X-2, First Class, Days of Future Past, Deadpool, Logan. The original X-Men movie was good for its time, but hasn't aged exceptionally well. All of them except First Class and Deadpool do suffer from Wolverine overdose... but what can you do?

The rest are shit, I'll agree with you on that, but those 5 (6) were enjoyable.

>they announced it less than a year before the release date

deadline.com/2015/05/the-new-mutants-x-men-josh-boone-the-fault-in-our-stars-fox-1201425641/

>2015

ca.ign.com/articles/2016/03/30/new-mutants-movie-will-bring-a-young-adult-vibe-to-the-x-men-universe

>2016

you know capeshitters are incapable of even pleb economics right?

you do realize new mutants was already in production too right or did you forget that?

The Fox mutant movies and tv shows aren't ending, they're just bringing over the main X-Men cast into the MCU. They'll keep a separate Mutant continuity that the X-Men main team came from. New Mutants and other groups will have movies set in that continuity instead of the X-Men while X-Men will get movies in the MCU. Eventually someone will get dna from one of the X-Men and examine it. They'll find the X-gene and start using it like that scientist in Logan to make mutant kids to raise to become soldiers or something similar. Some of those soldiers will escape and get into regular society, breed with regular people, and then you'll have some mutants besides those X-Men and soldiers in the MCU.

Keeping a second continuity allows them to make more movies and tv shows set in the same time periods and locations as MCU movies and shows without contradicting actions in MCU movies and shows set in those times and locations. It will also allow them to have stuff like Deadpool and Logan continue to be made and have a different style from MCU movies and shows. This will make it even harder for DC to compete with Marvel in movies and shows.

X-Men are getting brought into the MCU somehow in Dark Phoenix at the end of the movie. they'll appear in a post-credit scene for Avengers 3 or first appear in Avengers 4. it'll be interesting to see some people here who criticized the recent FOX-Men cast and movies to suddenly start praising them once they get transported into the MCU and start appearing in movies with the Marvel Studios logo on them.

Is this pasta? Because I swear I've seen this exact post before. And no, they're not keeping FOX's continuity

which is why they'll restructure it, give marvel thier stuff back, give lucasfilm the last of the star wars rights back, then use it like they did other studios in the 90s

I like the Marvel movies, but I will never praise Sophie Turner as Jean.

Nightcrawler shouldn't have stupid ass tattoos either. He's Catholic... not an emo.

Fuck off her asshole and her pussy are 10/10

Yes but has marvel come as close to bad as Fant4stic?

Fantastic was purposely sabotaged like Josh Trank said to be made worse because Marvel already did what they wanted to do with the first two F4 movies, but people said they were corny.. So, Marvel thought it would make their future F4 movies seem better if a F4 movie that tries to be dark was bad. It's similar to how Lucas purposefully made the Star Wars prequels to be bad movies to make the prospect of buying Star Wars and trying to make future movies more desirable to Disney.

I’d rather Marvel Studios ignore everything Fox-related. The only good thing to come out of it was Deadpool anyway.

Escpaicy Jlaw, get rid of her.

>implying anyone could possibly know all this leaked info for years worth of movies on a deal that was announced less than a month ago

My dad at nintendo says you're wrong

A world without JLaw, McAvoy,Fassbender in X-Men movies...Utopia.

You sound like the kind of person who, when a show is canceled and that show still airs a new episode the following week, you probably go "WTF, I THOUGHT IT WAS CANCELED". As if something happening like a cancelation or a studio merger means whatever was already in the pipeline automatically gets erased.

Like, I'm pretty sure we got the trailer for New Mutants before news of the merger was even leaked. Did you expect Fox to go "Whoops, better delete all the footage! Disney owns us now!"?

Apparently New Mutants has been pushed back for next year.

I already know that. But OP is an idiot who thinks studios erase footage at the drop of a hat.

New mutants being pushed back is bullshit