X-Men thread? X-Men thread

X-Men thread? X-Men thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

comicsbackissues.com/comic-book-reading-order/x-men-read-order-chronology/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Let's go boys
Will he ever come back?

When is the new teen book going to be announce

In a few years, as a boy scout again playing second hand to Wolverine in the covers.

Can somebody give me a quick run down o the current state of X-Men? I was going to pick up a couple of books off the shelf after work today when I get the rest of my pulls, but I don't even know where to start these days. Sorry for asking to be spoonfed, but I have tried to catch-up through google searching but its a bit of a cluster fuck.

Nah they will bring him back in X-men Red

Reading through Claremont's run for the first time and just got to the end of the Brood Saga.

Holy fuck is it difficult to balance UXM, New Mutants and all of the upcoming minis and annuals and crossovers and know what order they should be read in. Pretty clear at times Claremont himself didn't even know.

I stared reading some old Avenger runs for my main man beast and I have a question for you guys

So Wanda is a mutant, but her mutant power is that shes magical? I mean I know how her hex blasts work and I always thought that was just a mutant thing, but apparently they're also just magical?

Is it like Magik where she has an unrelated mutant power (hex blasts) and also normal magic or is her mutant power literally just that shes magical? It seems really unclear but then again the comic is from the 60s

>second to Wolverine
Lol. Never. Even casuals are starting to lose interest in him. Jean is the one they’re going to be pushing nonstop. Cyclops will just be her loser ex-husband that was “holding her back”, and he’ll have to beg for forgiveness if he ever wants a second chance with her.

Yeah, rightclops memes aside very few people actually care about Scott

This. Aside from the same five people spamming rightclops memes no one really cares about him. There are way better X characters that deserve the attention.

>being this wrong
fucking hell

I’d say he’s got a stronger fan base than he’s had in years, while Wolverine’s is losing steam (but still enormous). My point is that Jean’s the one that hits the girl power angle, so they’re going to cater to her fans more than either of them.

Wanda is a mutant, but her mutant power is that she's magical.

Under Kirby and Lee her mutant power was to "hex" people which would cause them to have bad look (like miss or shot or trips and fall allowing the villains to escape). When she joined the Avengers her powers were expanded to more traditional magic like abilities (probably to maker her more useful). During Englehart's Avengers run he introduced the idea that she trained under the witch Agatha Harkness so you could connect the dots and say she was born with mutant abilities that were harnessed and possibly expanded through training in witchcraft.

Thank you

Teen jean is dead, of jean has revived and is being tracked down, abunch of ultimate X-Men are running around being hunted because they hold the key to man-made mutants in their biology. Xavier recently escaped from shadow king on the astral plane and is possessing fantomex. Stryfe is using Deadpool's daughter to coerce him into killing a bunch of people, the latest name being kid aocalype, but he seems to be faking their murders rather than going through with it. Kitty is the leader of the X-Men and I think the school is still sitting in central park

I became interested in X-Men because of the "Cyclops was right" thing and reading the comics necessary to understand the issue. I got hooked.
I skipped the whole Stan Lee/First Class era and started with Claremont and am interpolating UXM and NM. I like Claremont but sometimes is tiring; the writing could've been more simple. But he got the pace right, and, for the most part, the characters' voice is right too, it's only weird with younger characters like Kitty and the New Mutants. English is not my first language but I don't believe that's even remotely reminiscent of how young people talked back then.
Also
>virtually
>virtually
>virtually

They will but they will erase all the character development he got.
They should use him as the next Magneto. But not with a book, only appearing on other peoples books as a regular villain.

We are almost on the same part. You can use pic related and this link: comicsbackissues.com/comic-book-reading-order/x-men-read-order-chronology/

Maybe you should wait a little bit because I think Marvel you retcon a lot of shit related to X-Men dure to the Fox deal.

I liked her tbqh

Her solo book was pretty solid
She was just pretty obnoxious on teams

I don't think she's staying dead though. And as much as I want them to leave, I'm pretty sure the O5 are still going to be around in April.

The solicit for the upcoming Venom event says that they've just been off planet dealing with the Poisons

Cyclops is NEVER coming back.

>comicsbackissues.com/comic-book-reading-order/x-men-read-order-chronology/

Thanks for this. best resource I've seen yet.

so now that x-men are back in the movie fold, that means x-men comics are going to be pushed up front and inhumans shelved, right? will we see a 80's early 90s x-men revival? im excited for the future of x-men for the first time in a long time

I love Scott but except for the Inhumans thing everything he was right about was because Cable told him. And even the Inhuman thing he seemed to know they were a huge threat but didn’t say anything because like everything else regarding it Marvel shit the bed when handling it.

Cyclops vs. Beast when?

when are we going to find out that beast who was a dick to cyclops and brought the O5 back was really dark beast, and real beast has been locked up for like 10 years in a cage?

will they ever give cyclops better powers than just eye blasts? They could easily have him develop other vision based powers.

They'll be friends again once they redeem Beast. Or just keep Hank as an Avenger, that works as well.
Fuck that. He just needs to get creative with the powers he has, not develop brand new ones. That way just leads to cancer and dumbness
He'll be back within 3 years is my guess

Holy fuck that costume is atrocious

He will be back like in 4 months max

Adult Scott? I doubt it but if so expect them to keep throwing Emma under the bus and have her be blamed for all the rightclops stuff

>FOKIN MUTIES GET FOKED

Of course, probably when the first MCU X-men movie comes out

How is his powers right now different than someone with a high powered rifle? They should give him super perception or something that will allow him to fight stronger foes.

Ape Beast was a mistake. It's true that Cat Beast was never drawn consistently and looked like shit half the time, but the new design looked like shit all the time.

Correct me if i'm wrong since I don't actually care about Scott, but can't he level entire forests with his optic blasts? Also I thought he already had superhuman levels of perception which allowed him to aim.

Just how strong do you want him to be? He's fine where hes at, we don't need blackbolt tiers power.
I like it better than cat beast

How about no Beast? Would that be an improvement, DICK?

"No!"

>Just how strong do you want him to be? He's fine where hes at, we don't need blackbolt tiers power.
He's already plenty strong in terms of raw attack power. I'm talking more of some utility powers that would allow him to put up a fight against someone like Spider-man without having to destroy half a city.

bump

Spider-Man is probably the worst example because he's beaten entire teams of X-men single handedly on multiple occassions

Cyclops is fucking pissed

>other vision powers

no. They just need to let him curve them

Why are there two Betsys?

One is Betsy and the other one is Revanche, the lady Betsy switched bodies with

I'm reading through mid-2000s x-men for the first time, and I have one question:
How pissed off were people about Bishop in Messiah Complex?

make muties great again

Best X-team coming through

9, 16 & 21.
15, 11 & 17.
4, 8 & 10.
The Xtreme outfit. Preferably without the yellow stripe & cleavage.

Best X-team would have:

Cyclops - team leader and energy thrower
Rachel Summers - Psychic
Colossus - Brick
Rogue - Jack of all trades (esp. when she could recall specific powers), back up brick
Nightcrawler - teleporter, finesse fighter
Shadowcat - recon, tech support
Deadpool - wetwork (but let's face it, popularity means it will be Wolverine, instead of the best choice).

X-Men teams are best when they have 7 members... everyone gets a chance to shine regularly without too many characters in the mix.

Yum...

People stopped caring about Bishop after Onslaught and his ongoing book salted the earth on the character. No one cared.....

What do you guys think of Matt Fraction's X-Men? I personally liked it but a lot of people seem to hate it.

from where is #18?

I hope that the New Mutants movie getting moved won't cause those collections/New Mutants push to stop coming.

I liked it a lot. Fraction and Gillen were great and I really, really miss that era of X-Men.

I think 7 is too many. 4 or 5 with guest spots works better

3, 10, 13, 14 and 16.

4, 5, 10, 14, 11

8 and 9

16 is pretty much perfect for me. Although 15/17 is alright

2013, Uncanny X-Force was an awesome costume but I'm never gonna enjoy the mohawk.

I didn't know JrJr had a 2nd X-Men run post-Claremont.

Pump it straight into my veins

I haven't kept up with anything after the dogshit that was IvX, what's Emma up to these days? And did O5 Jean finally fuck off?

Weapon X: Days of Future Now?

What are the best xmen stories either featuring gambit, rogue, or shadowcat?

You didn’t know that? When I think of the X-Men comics from my childhood JRJR is second only to Jim Lee.

Rogue's early issues are all great. From soloing the Avengers to seeking redemption to actually earning it

2nd

O5 Jean is dead. Although since she is a Jean Grey its unlikely to be permanent. Emma Frost showed up in the latest issue of Phoenix Ressurection. All signs point to the shit ending of IvX being ignored, so thats good.

>O5 Jean is dead
whoa whoa what the fuck? What issue? How?

Jean Grey 10

The Phoenix didn't want her as a host so it killed her

hahahaha holy shit

Damn that skeleton has some nice hips.

Spider-Man is in that weird place where he lacks flashy, building destroying powers, but is absolute hell to actually fight. His reflexes, agility, and spider-sense makes him pretty much impossible to touch, he's strong enough to trade blows with all but the top tier bruisers, and his webs give him an absurd amount of versatility.

Scott could beat him, but he'd have to go all out right from the beginning.

That's how we know it was TeenJean

Any variation of the Phoenix suit, 10
4, 5, 9, 10, 14
4, 8, 9
Honestly the only ones I really hate are 9 and 10. 1-4 are bland, but that's to be expected from pre-ninja Betsy.
I like most of these too, save 1988 and 1990

Rank the current X-Men books from best to worst.

Did Logan do anything after randomly showing up in Marvel Legacy #1 or w/e the fuck that issue was with an infinity stone?

he showed up at the end of an issue of Cap for a page asking where Cap was

Always and forever.

He's supposed to appear at the end of each of these books, because comics have "post-credits" scenes now

I like the one that was in an issue of Legacy where it was basically her 90s suit but made to look more like casual clothing.

Fooooorrrrgggggggeeee

Ah, the Upstarts. Good concept, utterly fucked up execution.

it's so goofy. it's a very 90s concept. People being worth points is like a Comics idea but having to kill them turns it up a notch and it's very 90s

he can bounce them off walls and doesn't he have super spatial awareness

>50+ years of history
>Like two good costumes (the two on the right) and it technically wasn't her but a clone that went crazy

Blue > Cable > Astonishing > Generation X > Gold >...I don't read Wolverine or Ice Man or teen Jean

What is Generation X like currently? I read Blue, Gold and Astonishing.

This is some really, really fucking desperate shit.

Astonishing > Gold > Blue > Lauraverine > GenX > Cable > Iceman. They're all horribly mediocre. Even Astonishing is meh despite being the only one with some gravitas to its storytelling.

>currently
cancelled with last issue in February. It's been a pretty poor M-Plate story with really, really uneven art.

Has there ever been a Swamp Thing/Wolverine crossover?

Why is Marvel so awful at letting people know what books they are cancelling? I always find out about it via screencaps of the writer's twitter posts I see on Sup Forums