Is moviebob right about marvel's agenda?

Moviebob says Marvel doesn't really care about comic sales overall and the comics division does not make much money. , however the IPs are extremely valuable. They use to comics to workshop storylines and characters to be incorporated into the movies and TV.

For example , when Robert Downey jr's contract is up , they can cast some teen from the Disney channel as Riri and rake in the megabucks from the movie and merchandise.

I guess they're currently dong this with Robbie Reyes

youtube.com/watch?v=pmXA08jzUfc

>moviebob
>>>/leave/

>movieblob
>>>/kys/

>moviebob

>when Robert Downey jr's contract is up , they can cast some teen from the Disney channel as Riri and rake in the megabucks from the movie
Anyone who legitimately think this is even THINKABLE as a viable business decision needs to go back to school

Bob doesn't know a fucking thing. Workshop my ass.

>moviebob

The only person Sup Forums hates more than Shadman

>is some youtube guy right
who gives a shit

What about Dobson?

What do you do when RDJ decides hes done doing cape films? He'll want to do other stuff in his career.

>watching moviebob

They’re essentially the same
>fat
>talentless
>can’t take criticism

I don't think we'll all even really hate Shadman, he makes ugly art but he's just too much of a fun personality.

They sure as hell won't cast Riri that's for sure. They're currently trying to get rid of Riri in MU to being back Tony. They won't risk their movie sales trying to replace the characters with some dumb bitch.

Spider-Man is basically replacing Tony. And if not him, they still have Dr Strange

You just go on to another superhero because no one fucking knows about Riri and a disney TV show star can't possibly match up to his star power

Considering the movies are already massively diverting from popular storylines and no recent story has been adapted yet, I would say no, that is completely off base

what is moviebob?

>For example , when Robert Downey jr's contract is up , they can cast some teen from the Disney channel as Riri and rake in the megabucks from the movie and merchandise.

When they do that the MCU can go fuck itself

>replace Sherlock with Sherlock

Top kek

You can't even hate Dobson to be honest. It's like hating the mentally challenged, they can't help it.

Moviebob and others have no excuse.

I disagree. I'd love to see a literal autismo character star in a super hero movie.

The true thing is: most comics nowadays are being written with a possible movie adaptation in mind. Even while some authors don't give a fuck about it (Erik Larsen denied any Savage Dragon movie, Fiona Staples said something about a SAGA musical), but normally, as comics made by large corps like Marvel or DC, its entirely possible their looking for their next adaptation material.

Riri, however, was not acclaimed as a good story by people enough

>movieblob
Just leave.

>Riri, however, was not acclaimed as a good story by people enough
>implying they care about good stories
Riri is a black female. They were never going to give her a movie.

>Moviebob
>Not mentally challenged
ok user

>moviebob
No, he is never right.

Even when he is right about something he is right for the wrong reasons.

Movieblob hate thread?

What's wrong with movieblob? Never watched his videos.

THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO INTO THE FUTURE, THERE WAS A DECENT YOUTUBER WHO MADE PRETTY OKAY TO ABOVE AVERAGE VIDEO GAME COMMENTARIES BEFORE THEY WERE EVEN MADE.

BUT THEN HE GOT THIRSTY FOR SOME SOME BITCHES WITH ICEBOXES FOR VAGINAS AND HIS NONEXISTANT QUALITY WENT DOWN EVEN FURTHER THAN EVER KNOWN.

THUS IS THE TALE OF THE MOVIE BLOB

Is he talking about baneposting?

Yes.

Fuck he's dumb.

>most people dont know what's best for them
>gorges himself to obesity

Four...

Moviebob is one of those dudes who always has to open their mouth to get their "Hot take" or "The right opinion" in. He also sounds like Hitler's retarted brother in where he always talks about the superior race and the superior future. To save you time and sanity you're just going to have to trust the anons here when they say "Moviebob is wrong and is a cunt".

Also he unironically thinks Halo is white supremacy propaganda because "Muh BLUE EYES" even though it's stated in canon that the Spartan 3 program just made the color of your eyes more saturated to justify the art style shift from the comics/books/video games to the live action trailers.

...U

He would probably agree that the Internet has given morons a platform and their opinions an unearned air of legitimacy.

>moviebob

Im not convinced they're not the same people

And he would completely miss the irony of it all while doing so

The Age of Ultron comic was shit, but it clearly let them secure the rights to the name under the radar before the movie got announced.

Its not baseless, I just don't see Iron Man getting changed up any time soon.

>Moviebob says Marvel doesn't really care about comic sales overall and the comics division does not make much money. , however the IPs are extremely valuable. They use to comics to workshop storylines and characters to be incorporated into the movies and TV.

I don't know or care who Moviebob, but this is probably true. Kamala Khan is way more valuable as a potential 2022 MCU movie than as a comic book, and they're churning out a bunch of new characters with the full expectation that most of them are going to fail. If they get one Kamala or Miles for every 50 Americas, it's totally worth it to them to keep trying. And even if the America book does poorly, they're putting the character in an animated movie written by someone else so they can mulligan it.

There is absolutely no chance Riri Williams replaces RDJ, though. Maybe she gets a cartoon, if she's lucky.

The plan was Benedict Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange, but even though his movie made money it's clear that no one's super excited for that, so they gave up on that idea.

I imagine this is a question that kept Feige up at night until the Disney/Fox merger. Even though X-Men as a franchise is a bit tired, they can do Fantastic Four to complement Ms. Marvel and Black Panther 2.

If Black Panther and Captain Marvel do well, they'll totally try a black female superhero movie. That's the whole reason feminists get excited over shit like the Ghostbusters remake, because black/women-led movies doing well leads to more black and women led movies.

>Marvel doesn't really care about comic sales overall and the comics division does not make much money. , however the IPs are extremely valuable. They use to comics to workshop storylines and characters to be incorporated into the movies and TV.
This sentiment has been made long ago, that you're just hearing it now from the filter of your favorite e-celeb tells me there's no sense wasting time explaining what the reality of anything is, it'll just float in your memory as ambiguous until some personality echoes it.

I will inform you however that advertising is in fact bannable.

There isn't even that much an actual hate for Shadman. I just find the reaction images funny.

Yeah why do people on here dislike him his opinions aint that bad.

>Is moviebob right
please kill yourself

>That video he made where he shows tips for losing weight because he thinks fat people are ruining the average gamer's image

>Disney's ordering Marvel to make shit hated by everyone to create valuable new IPs for movies and TV.

t. Movieblob

Star Wars is not a franchise about plot points, logic, or actions; it’s a franchise about ideas and feelings. And the point of this sequence is the idea of oppression and inequality, and the feeling of righteous indignation about it, and giving Rose the opportunity to vocalize those points and establish herself as the voice for that in this new trilogy. Because, again, it’s been a missed opportunity for a long time that Star Wars has been preoccupied with the experiences of royals, elites, religious orders, and other upscale characters at the expense of everybody else. It’s a really cool step to have this character, who’s essentially a one woman get-over-your-bullshit machine, come to this glamorous place and point out that the villainy isn’t just the space Nazis, it’s the upper class that lets the Nazis get away with stuff because they stand to benefit. You see, it’s the non-mystical, on the ground component that allows the film to get away from the narrowly classist vision of the Force going on in the Rey-Luke stuff

So in other words, he thinks Disney plans on NOT trying to replace the Marvel actors and using "legacy characters" instead.

That would kill the Marvel movies, but I could still see Disney doing it.

>he always talks about the superior race and the superior future

wat.

>Moviebob says Marvel doesn't really care about comic sales overall and the comics division does not make much money.

Wait, isn't that what some user keeps trying to claim on Sup Forums when defending against how bad Marvel has gotten?

I'm starting to think that was him.

There is hope. The Old Guard perdures, strong as ever.

Moviebob says all sorts of things.

Im not sure why you would deliberately seek out his opinion.

He decides whether he likes things well.im advance of actually seeing them.

Most people have a visceral response of liking or disliking a thing upon observing it and then attempt to articulate why it had that impression on them.

Bob has made every single decision in his life based around sorting the world into bullies and enlightened Untermensch like himself.

Riri was taken from ideas that were come up with by Marvel Studios for that inventor woman in the Black Panther movie. It was probably similar to how James Gunn complained that a comic writer copied ideas that were made for GotG in the movies to use in the comics. Jane Thor was likely a similar thing. A copy of ideas come up for a future Thor replacement in the movies which can now be seen with Valkyrie.

>Is moviebob right
about nothing ever. The only thing I've heard from him that I was ok with was when he was doing his DC movie reboot, he suggested Michael Keaton as Old Man Bruce in a Batman Beyond cameo and possibly making that its own movie.

Aside from that everything he says and does is wrong.

I still am stunned at how terrible his Fantastic 4 "pitch" was. He fails utterly to understand anything about the F4. I mean he pitches time travel and a crux of the plot but then he makes the fucking Puppeteer the villain instead of fucking Kang?

Can I get a link to his FF idea that won't make him money?

I really like the FF and they are Marvels answer to Wonder Woman as the thing everybody has a strong opinion on with no knowledge on the subject.

They've made Ant Man, Dr Strange, Rocket Racoon, and Spider-Man all similar to Tony Stark in some ways. Strange is the Tony for Sorcerers. Rocket is the Tony of outer space. Spider-Man is the Tony of street level NYC. Ant-Man is the Tony of the microverse and maybe Western United States. Spider-Man or Ant Man are the ones to most likely replace main Tony somehow.

A superior race of numales no less

I don't. long and short he thinks Marvel should take the goofy 60 version of the characters, which he claims to be the only time they were relevant but their personalities aren't acceptable now, they get caught up in some kind of worm hole and time travel to present day earth. They end up getting help from like a Marketing Agent or something who turns out to be The Puppeteer.

The arcs the characters go through is learning their old ways of thinking and acting aren't cool except Sue who learns to become a strong independent woman instead of a homemaker with super powers.

He also says not to use Doom but make him the end Credits Teaser and he's like an old man and still angry and bitter about the accident in college with Reed. Not using Doom is a good idea but its hardly anything new. Pretty much everyone is saying to not use Doom in whatever the next F4 movie.

Did he actually refer to the Puppetmaster as the Puppeteer or is that a mistake you're making?

Also, that's fucking atrocious

It's funny to see people on Sup Forums hate on Marvel then do the same thing that they do? "We've got a popular character, how will we replace him and have the replacement be just as popular?" You can't. You shouldn't try. You also shouldn't bend over backwards to keep him around forever. Focus on making good stories and let characters come and go.

I don't hate MovieBob. I agree with MovieBob sometimes. Mostly with his opinions on the X-men and Spider-Man movie franchises. I mostly liked his show on the Escapist, The Bigger Picture I think it was called. He has become more insufferable since then, I guess he needs some boss to pull his leash every now and then.

Still, he's better at defending his opinions than most youtubers, even when I don't agree I can see where's he's coming from.

How Bob would fix... is the most terrible show of all time, though.

His recent suggestion that BvS would have been good if you cut out the Batman bits and just made everything that Batman does (running into the collapsing building dust cloud, fighting superman in power armor) something Lex Luthor does instead seemed reasonable.

I thought I hated him before, but now I have reached a new level of loathing.

>but now I have reached a new level of loathing
www.theisozone.com/downloads/misc/books/super-mario-brothers-3---brick-by-brickby-bob-chipman

it's a fucking classic of cognitive dissonance, Dunning-Kruger and so many, many more emotional and mental problems full of absolute howlers. You will leave it looking at Chris-Chan as a redeemable person.

First
>Moviebob
Second

Disney and the parent company probably doesn't care, no. But remember they're separate. Comics run themselves. This is likely because the film's and ips are much more valuable than the comics, yes

>Khamala Khan
>Movie

Stretchy powers are pretty lame
Khamala is qt and a great character but cmon. You could never have her and Mr fantastic, and do you really think they're gonna make an khamala movie over F4?

She would also upset religious groups, Christians and Jews because Muslim, Muslims because she is an aweful muslim

That sounds like the fucking Brady bunch movie. That pitch is so 90s it hurts.

>Marvel doesn't really care about comic sales overall and the comics division does not make much money.
It might if they put some fucking effort into it, instead of endless 'events' that mean nothing upon the next reboot and 6 million titles spawning from each group. But they haven't done anything like that since the 80s.

Christ. So the NEXT FF movie is gonna suck TOO!

>Movie ''I play on my gameboy in the car to avoid my bigoted family'' Blob
>Movie ''Too busy repairing the AC to attend grandma's funeral'' Blob
>Movie ''Gas all chads'' Blob

>and a great character
Please. How would you define her personality without using the words "cute", "quirky" and "fangirl"?

A young woman struggling between the two opposing forces of her Islamic faith and her Americanized upbringing discovers she has special powers which will allow her to live out her dreams of mimicking her super hero idols.

She did grow to be leader and started bossing everybody around. Plus, she got strongest supporting characters in modern marvel era.

They have the fucking X-men and F4 back, Marvel will do fine without manlet stark

I can see Disney doing it though, they're not exactly making the best choices these days.

that would be my mistake.