Paranatural

the power of poland in the palm of your hand
>Thanks for reading!

What the FUCK did he do to Isabelle? She's so weird and flabby looking!

I don't see it. To me that's the strongest jawline she's had in quite a while.

That is the slowest bolt of lightning I've ever seen.

It's canon that interacting with spirits can fuck around with the perception of time.

Anons, I bring you Paranatural's current page count per chapter data.

I don't know how would transferring all of this into print is going to sell even on a logistical standpoint, really.

Paranatural isn't important enough to care this much

Well yeah, but Hijack was already making Spender turn around before Lucifer dragged them into Trance Mode.

Also, did Lucifer somehow assume direct control of Spender, or did he kick Hijack out, or just like, physically move Spender's arm to intercept and used his own powers to deflect?

So Garcia is realizing he really shouldn't have just let Isaac run off like that.
I don't know why the focus is on Violet and Cody, besides just emphasizing that the lightning bolt was really loud.
It kind of looks like Isabel, Max, and Ed are on the move instead of being in turbo-detention.
And the most villanous guy in the world is.. lurking in that equipment closet where Max got his bat, which is not a normal place for local business owners to lurk.

But the most important things on the page are:
Lucifer continues to be the best
Unless Isaac is an absolute moron he should probably strongly suspect that Hijack and Lucifer are working together.

So I just caught up. I'm assuming that page with Isaac and Garcia is implying that Garcia and Spender are fucking?
Why does every webcomic devolve into gayshit. It makes me scared that once I start mine I'll grow an extra chrome and jump off the deepend

Zack did want to release PNAT in printed form though...or at least that's what he wanted years ago.

>inb4 "he", because I'm an Old World country idiot who's still not convinced at this non-binary identity thing the Yanks are having

Will Isaac learn from this experience, and finally realize that he isn't trusted because King C is a big fucking asshole?
Or will he just double down on his bullshit

>non-binary identity
>implying its only in America that this shit is happening
Nu-feminism is all over Europe too.
Never actually seen a biological male that identified as "non-binary" though, all the ones I've ever met/seen have always been girls.

Paranatural would look like shit in print to be honest. His colors are so pastel garbage nowadays that even the most dynamic scenes would look like trash under any bright light. It's basically made to be displayed on a screen.

The thing is, I still don't get why Boss Leader would insist that Isaac can't be told he's excluded because the guy living in his body and knows everything Isaac knows is a huge asshole, like do they honestly believe Catnine is too stupid to realize that he effectively has Isaac as a potential hostage?

Since no one will talk to him except King C, what's he going to hear? Stupid shall continue

I mean, Spender did explain to Max that you involuntarily share all information with your spirit partner when you're in close proximity. And he not only did that while Isaac was both in the room and used as an example, but also as a segue from Isaac trying to use Max to get information.

So really, Isaac could have connected the dots then and there, but he did not.

If you want to remain in denial (It's a pretty comfy state) you can accept the theory that Garcia is Spender's car. It makes some sense if you assume this to be the case and it makes a bit more sense than him telling Isaac that he's his gay lover.
+ This would have been set up back when Pnat was good

>theory that Garcia is Spender's car
The fuck?

His car is named Giancarlo and it's mentioned that Spender should not be able to afford a car on a teacher's salary.
Probably also the reason why Garcia was floating down the stream and why a cut-away was employed for his confession to Isaac as this current comic would be hamfisted and ill-paced enough to dedicate a page to Garcia telling Isaac that he is Spender's gay lover (see also: Nonbinary).
It is pretty far out there as a theory and I don't remember all of it but I liked it more than the alternative (Like I said: Denial is a comfy state). Who Hijack was possessing was also a long con.

How the fuck is a spanish teacher supposed to be his car?

>Almost two weeks into 2018 and this chapter still doesn't seem like it's anywhere close to ending
Come the fuck on, Zack.

What series of faulty assumptions led you to think Spender was even remotely heterosexual.

Dunno about him but for me, same assumptions that in days of old made me assume this comic wouldn't go to slow-as-balls tumblrite trash

Mistakes have been made

He was floating down a stream. He is at least slightly abnormal.

I didn't but like I said: If it was just Garcia being his gay lover as a confession then why was there a cutaway in THIS COMIC where hoodie kid gets an entire page to explain why it is nonbinary and if he was just his partner in crime then why would Isaac be embarrassed and if he were confessing to both then what possible reason would he have to confess his homosexuality to Isaac?
Car makes a modest amount of sense even if it is fundamentally retarded.

So is this a good webcomic?

Honestly, even if the comic is indeed infused with tumblr, "gay characters exist" is hardly controversial anymore.

I still like it, even if it was a lot better at the start.

it ain't controversial but that as well as the degrade in art and style, the shit zack's pulled himself and the terrible pacing and basically everything else wrong with the comic is still disappointing as balls

>2 weeks into 2018 and zack's already missed 2 updates
Off to a fantastic start.

Are you into cuckolding and shitty subversions?
And forced gay pandering?

Zack is Andrew Hussie's latest student who mastered his art and created Paranatural for people with these described tastes.

>cuckolding
I don't wanna know what this actually refers to, thanks.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHH

>Violet and Cody
u avin' a giggle m8

Well have you ever seen him after dark?

based wristposters

Zack was supposed to bring balance to the Shaman King homage trinity, not destroy it!

People here misconstrued a tweet by Zack by thinking every choice he makes is designed to piss off Sup Forums even though he once gave a shout-out to Sup Forums for solving his spirit languages. So in that sense, it's actually surprisingly apt use of the term.

Who the fuck is that guy with a shoe for a chin in the last panel?

>I didn't but like I said: If it was just Garcia being his gay lover as a confession then why was there a cutaway in THIS COMIC where hoodie kid gets an entire page to explain why it is nonbinary

Romantic relationships have been well understood as a concept for all of recorded history so Zack doesn't see the point in explaining. He does see a point in putting more screentime into defying the idea that there are only 2 genders, because the concept is baffling to the majority of his target audience.

>Vol 1 - Ch 1 and 2
>Vol 2 - Ch 3
>Vol 3 - Ch 4 Pt 1
>Vol 4 - Ch 4 Pt 2

So about 50 more pages and it'd be nice and even-ish.

A local business owner. He'll be relevant in 2019.

So sometime after the mid-point of this chapter, then?

I assume Lucifer react at lightspeed.

>Sup Forums only talks about the things it hates
>By making them hate his comics and telling them to fuck off he gets to be talked about every new page
Is he a genius?

Quite the opposite. He was trying to get us to stop having threads about the comic, running his work into the ground in the process, but despite this we are still talking about it.

Good lord I still can't wrap my mind around the retarded concept of "these guys on a site that also has completely unrelated people on completely unrelated boards who don't agree with my political opinions are not allowed to enjoy my comic, IT'S NOT RIGHT". What the fuck happened here?

>kra-kow
aw shit, didnt realize it at first

non-binary is just a bullshit term for normal people to feel like special snowflakes without actually being oppressed in any way.

>Omg I'm a guy who likes some things the social construct says are girly, that must mean I can't be called a man/he!
>Omg I'm a woman and I hate dresses and makeup! I can't possibly still be called a woman/she!
Only they can. Because marketed=/=some magical force that changes your gender/sexuality.

>Spender's right hand is normal
>Spender's left hand is a weird blob
Am I watching OK K.O. or reading a webcomic?

Volumes don't compensate for rushed character development and sudden tone shift, I'm afraid.

>theory: Isaac is a doofus
You know, if Zack had established Isaac's character and point of view well and clearly with way MORE THAN 2 BLOODY PAGES before we go through all the mythology crap, that would be great.

I said this in an earlier thread but it has dawned on me that what the Consortium might be concerned about is if Isaac realises that Catnine is what is keeping him in the dark, then it might prompt Isaac to ask Catnine why he isn't trusted. The concern then is that Catnine might reveal secrets to Isaac that the Consortium don't want any of the children to know about.

Thanks user, I needed that reminder too.

>RJ is just an impressed kid that decided he is nonbinary based on the lyrics of a music
>Zack did the same
was it self-inserting?

Apparently?

That does make a little sense, but it's kind of a gamble that Catnine hasn't already told Isaac everything.

who the fuck is thaaaat

These threads used to consistently reach the bump limit. Nowadays, they'll be lucky if they make it past 150, so he definitely drove a good chunk of anons away

This guy. And it seems like he might be wondering why a certain baseball bat isn't where it should be.

So Zack also became non-binary because he wanted to copy a cool person he knew?

The thing is that with the pacing of the comic it looks as if he's been locked in the storage closet for the past 3 or 4 hours weeping over the loss of his bat.

Spirits in general don't seem to normally be in the "telling people useful things" business apart maybe from Lucifer, so I guess it's expected catnine will keep quiet unless there are special circumstances.

This is getting fucking painful to follow. The shitty pacing and the shitty panel editing make it impossible to keep track of what the fuck is going on between the individual scenes. I don't even remember what was going on in the Starchman Star bar, I don't remember who Chinstrap McEvilface is supposed to be, I don't remember what Isabelle and the others were dealing with before we cut to Spencer.

He's talking to someone, possibly a cloaked figure. You can see a silhouette on the right half of the panel

It's kind of lame how there's no reaction panel of Dmitri and Johnny, ESPECIALLY Johnny since he's been fucking investigating how Isaac shoots lightning. Hopefully this gets addressed at some point

And to think that it was suppose to be a monster-of-the-week-capturing-dysfunctional-middle-school-club episodical.

Remember all that charming promotion material about the kids exploring the weird paranormal in their backyard? Remember when there was suppose to be endless entertainment with Suzy's Yellow Journalism™ and Johnny's Violence™? Remember when Zack hinted at Max and Isaac being from reluctant mates to "future lords and saviors" and we were so pumped up for that, huh? Well, TOO FUCKING BAD. Paranatural was robbed of its beautiful potential by its own slug race

How long do we think before he just stops? Zack didn't even bother coming up with an excuse on Tuesday. Just "yeah shit came up... See ya Friday."

I definitely don't think he's going to see it through to the end at this rate. It feels like his heart isn't really in it anymore even when he does update.
I give it 5 years at best.

Did he Become the author self-insert or he always was?

i just.. don't know. Did Zack always intended it that way?

Suddenly I don't regret not catching up with this comic.

Read up until a ghost dies on a train, then STOP.

You guys don't see a huge difference between the OP and ?

I mean, he has achieved his goal though. The comic is now quite unpalatable.

>the power of poland in the palm of your hand
what?
should i feel offended? i kinda do feel offended.
but at least he's drawn like three backgrounds, woooow

it's not even said directly why are you even reacting like this
>implying i don't already know the answer

Kraków is a city in Poland.

Still better than Ava's Demon. The author was in the middle of the chapter, shit was actually happening for a change, then out of nowhere says she's taking two months off with no reason given.

Oooo... so that's why this page had hover text of
>Isaac has Polish Lightning Powers
I thought it had something to do with Polish-Jewish-American ancestry stuff given that Isaac's a jewish name.

It was

Is that background pure white because it's bright or because Xack ran out wrist?

why not both

Honestly forgot that Local Business Owner even existed.

Those two things aren't exactly mutually exclusive. Especially not when it comes to Zack "The Hack" Morrison.

A few years.

Did you forget to post 'this page' you meant?

Yeah it's the second time Zack used the Poland joke.

I bet you don't even remember his spirit penpal, Large Subterranean Insect still.

i'm not sure how i feel about this mysterious, menacing, probably plot-important character. i hope he's revealed as a funny homosexual, that would be more likable and relatable!

Isn't that thing just Boss Leader's spirit?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHH

Ha, you're right. I honestly 100% forgot about this. What was this, four years ago?

>cuckolding
Only in fanart.

I did, thank you user.
Even the lightning was so much better, whyyyy

I remember when I was worried that Paranatural was too popular, and the threads were degenerating into generalfaggotry. I thought I would have to abandon the fandom or see it go the way of Gravity Falls, Homestuck and Small Horse.

Now, these threads barely stay alive. It tells you something when even generalfags realise they have better things to do.

Who the fuck actually cares about other people enjoying things you hipster?

>less than 100 pages in a book
there's no way it's going to be worth the price of admission unless the book is 200 minimum

This comic is the equivalent of watching a friend succumb to drub abuse and you're unable to do anything about it.
He's still there, but all that remains is a shadow of his former self.

I doubt it. I bet rj was originally going to be revealed as a girl and he tumblred down the oppressed rabbit hole

Wait, Zack has decided he's non-binary now?
Fuck me, just end this miserable planet already

The one web comic in years that I thought was worth following and it goes out like this. Why are we here? Just to suffer?