Is Hopper (voiced by Kevin Spacey) the most evil character Pixar has ever made?

Is Hopper (voiced by Kevin Spacey) the most evil character Pixar has ever made?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bebkaSDAaA4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

In the grand scheme of things subjugating a bunch of ants isn't very comparable to, say, murdering multiple superheroes or hunting the last of a given species because of your own ego.

How do measure 'evil' in fiction? Attitudes? Feats? That's an important thing to consider.

why?
just because Kevin Spacey?

Evil is proportional. Say, you wouldn't call Syndrome a monster for stepping on an anthill because that's so beneath him, while him killing a bunch of heroes does qualify as evil.
Meanwhile Hopper in preying on someone who are on his same level, so despite the dissonance in the grand scale, he is still a complete bastard.

> Tortures ants just to satisfy his sadistic urges
> Controls his hapless, barely evil gang through fear
> KILLS two of his goons just because they made small talk with him

> Keeps his people with a steady food source
> Keeps his people in line so that way their incompetence doesn't get them all killed
> Ends dissension and reminds everyone of their major weaknesses instead of being naive and lofty

He's a bastard, sure, but within the context of the grasshoppers, I think Hopper mostly is just doing what he believes he needs to do to survive

That would be humanity in Wall-E.

>bring me the young male ants, so that I can molest them

He's working with what he has. However, I still feel he'd be an asshole even if he had competent men and a constant supply of food he doesn't have to fight for.

They seemed to have no problems with food. Even Hopper said it had nothing to do with food but keeping the ants under heel.

>Who is Lotso?

Yeah sorry, thought about mentioning that. It's a long term thing my dude. If Hopper lays off, they would run out of food eventually which would change their way of life. Hopper wants to maintain their position of power, and thus their way of life.

True, he would be. He's fairly well characterized for what he is though. It would be interesting to see what happened to Hopper that made him such a broken man.

Was the Negan story arc basically just a retelling of a Bug’s Life?

Syndrome killed a bunch of heroes

Hopper was top tier though

Alright so what would be the proper Pixar villain tier list
Personally it would be
>god-tier
Hopper
Stinky Pete
Syndrome
>high-tier
Waternoose
Randall
Skinner
Charles Muntz
>mid-tier
Sid
AUTO
Chick Hicks
>low-tier
Lotso
M'ordu
>shit-tier
Miles Axelrod

Not as evil as John Lasseter.

My boyfriend used to masturbate to the thought of being dominated by Hopper as a kid.

If only he'd known that Spacey would've been dtf as well.

he represents the ruling class of a capitalist society, so yes.

youtube.com/watch?v=bebkaSDAaA4

> Kevin Spacey
Wtf I hate Hopper now

>ruling class

Frollo would be competition for Hopper then. he was like a corrupt community leader and a killer cop

i never saw this movie
i feel so spoiled by disney's cgi watching such old thing will feel like watching beast wars

>Stinky Pete
I don't remember much about him, what made him god-tier?

>Auto
Is that thing even villainous on its own right? he was only following orders. If anything the humans that gave Auto the instruction of never letting the ship return to earth were the real villains, but they did so because they thought the planet was done for.

Did wall-e really have a villain at all?

>> KILLS two of his goons just because they made small talk with him
He killed them because they tried to foment insurrection in the ranks.

lots of old pixar movies didnt have an actual "villain", they were mostly obstacles

>I don't remember much about him, what made him god-tier?
Not that user, but Stinky Pete did the whole "secretly nice, wise, elderly figure who turns out to be secretly evil" shtick that Toy Story 3 and Up both repeated, so it was a genuine surprise. He also has the most understandable motivation - Hopper could've found another source of food, it's not like grasshoppers enslaving ants actually occurs in nature, Syndrome could've just not been so autistic and spiteful, but Stinky Pete? He legit has never known anything but a lifetime of neglect, storage and MISBfaggotry, and this museum thing is literally the only come-up in his entire god-forsaken existence. Of course he'd try to keep it.

Tbh stinky pete is more of an antagonist than a villain. He does little harm at all and he even gets an happy ending at the end. I always thought Al was the villain.

> It would be interesting to see what happened to Hopper that made him such a broken man.

I could be wrong but I think he said at some point of the movie that his mom died and made the promise to protect his retarded brother or something like that.

> stinky pete
> god-tier

> Lotso
> low-tier

Wth is wrong with you ?

Lotso is just Stinky Pete: The Fourth Time

>Al
He's more an unaware force of nature than a villain.

how would you rank them according to this?

According to this, Lotso is high tier.

>Hopper is literally Pixar Negan

There are a few, very very subtle cues in AUTOs movements, actions, and inflections that hint that he wants to keep humans in space because otherwise he'll be without purpose.

>"The best thing about raped kids is that they stack so neatly"
Yeah, he was pretty evil.

>negan is literally fox´s hopper

Yeah, that happened. I wonder how he went from being an asshole in a cruel world to protect his brother to being an asshole to his brother as he made the world an even crueler place.

why don't you and your boyfriend do roleplaying, where you are Spacey and he's a young, innocent boy who just got to Hollywood.