What were the worst episodes from the good seasons?

What were the worst episodes from the good seasons?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3FB0aeb-TPs
vimeo.com/169635739
m.youtube.com/watch?v=2zvpnZF_IJo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Missing Identity was a pretty forgettable episode in my opinion

>Patrick's "blooper" montage
I agree this episode wasn't the best but it still had some really funny moments.

Squeaky Boots
Spongebob BC
Jellyfishing
Christmas Who?

a lot of stuff from the first season is boring

Ugh was very forgettable for me, plus it was mostly Patchy segments

Spongebob's House Party. That one just outright sucks. Not a single decent joke.

Agreed, but it did give birth to this pretty good gag

That's just a repeat of the gag from Life of Crime. Which was delivered better.

youtube.com/watch?v=3FB0aeb-TPs

You have shit taste.

Most of the late season 3 episodes kind of suck. The difference in quality is so noticeable that I suspect season 3 was extended late in production.

THIS episode & Im with Stupid. Everyone but Spongebob are total shit in these episodes.

Fuck Just One Bite & Procrastination too. Simply because they are still fucking edited. Which is bullshit.

I’m With Stupid is great. It’s got a lot of good jokes despite Patrick being out of character.
Grandma’s Kisses is also good in my opinion, especially the stuff with Patrick.

I could never say an episode is outright bad, but a lot of season 1 isn’t as good as 2 and 3.
Also I was never really into Dumped. It made me cry as a kid.

fuck off you pansy

I'm not big on the April Fool's episode.

Suck a dick.

I can't take Grandma's Kisses seriously anymore because of the edited version.

What has been edited?

vimeo.com/169635739

It used to be on youtube but this was the only version I could find.

>squeaky boots
>bad
No.

Dont you mean "Grandma's Pussy"?

That edit was fucked up. It was great.

Hey what about that musical?

I don't think I've seen that one, is there a link?

food looked great though

This, that scene always made me hungry as a kid.

definitely either missing identity or i was a teenage gary

unless I'm forgetting one

Right here:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=2zvpnZF_IJo

The belches at the end are so wonderfully "non-stock", they always catch me off guard and crack me up.

Thanks

Ugh and I Was a Teenage Gary.

Yeah. The ones that aired in 2003 and 2004 generally felt closer to Season 4 in quality. Which isn't awful, but certainly not great.

I feel like the people who hate I'm With Stupid completely missed the joke of the episode

I've noticed that a lot of the season 3 episodes people aren't really feeling are some of the ones boarded by Paul Tibbitt and Kent Osborne (though a few of the eps that team did are also well liked ones). The eps they did in season 3 were:
My Pretty Seahorse
Idiot Box
Snowball Effect
No Weenies Allowed
Krab Borg
Party Pooper Pants
New Student Starfish
Ugh
The Great Snail Race
Born Again Krabs
Krabby Land
Missing Identity
The Sponge Who Could Fly (animated episode only; a different team did the patchy segments, unlike the other two specials)
Pranks a Lot

The Great Snail Race was the only one I didn't care about as a kid.

Never was a fan of Spongebob BC even as a kid. I thought it was rather boring. Spongebob's comedy is best in its dialogue, and taking that away takes a lot of the charm out. It also went on for way too long. It would've been better as a short similar to Reef Blower.

here's my thoughts as to what are the lesser episodes of each season(some of these aren't quite outright bad, just mediocre or boring);

Season 1
>Nature Pants
>Opposite Day
>The Chaperone
>Fools In April

Season 2
>Dumped
>Procrastination
>Squid On Strike

Season 3
>SpongeGuard On Duty
>Club Spongebob
>My Pretty Seahorse
>As Seen On TV
>Can You Spare A Dime
>Party Pooper Pants
>Krabby Land
>Missing Identity
>The Sponge Who Could Fly

Season 4
>Fear of A Krabby Patty
>Krabs vs Plankton
>Skill Crane
>Good Neighbors
>Enemy In-Law
>Mermaid Man & Barnacle Boy VI: The Motion Picture
>Krusty Towers
>Wishing You Well
>New Leaf
>Once Bitten
>Bummer Vacation
>Wigstruck
>The Thing
>Hocus Pocus
>Driven To Tears
>Rule of Dumb
>Born To Be Wild
>The Pink Purloiner
>Squid Wood
>Best Day Ever
>The Gift of Gum

looking over this list what drags down many of these episodes are one or more of the following;

unwarranted shitting on Squidward(it works best if Squidward suffers as a result of karma)
Mr Krabs being a greedy asshole beyond a certain threshold(Mr Krabs greed works best when it's only a slight exaggeration over what a successful business owner would do)
Spongebob being presented as an infantile moron(he works best as someone who is naive and only somewhat childish)
Patrick being a complete retard and/or jackass
having an episode gimmick that just doesn't work properly

might do Season 5 later

I always wondered how an already underwater flame would go out while underwater.
Like the smoke it left behind shuoldn't even happen.

Yeah, those are definitely the weaker episodes of the season. New Student Starfish was one I remember really hating as a kid.

>Fear of a Krabby Patty
Tbh I love this episode, and consider it the last gasp of the golden age.

I had no idea that even existed for years because they never replayed it.

With the exception of season 1, I agree with this list. And feel the same way.

except for Opposite Day, the episodes from Season 1 are mostly on there because they're kinda boring more than them being bad(there's a couple other episodes on the list primarily for that reason as well)

Same, I don't really have an opinion about that episode because I haven't seen it in so long.

>Can You Spare A Dime

Hmm..Yeah I can see this just getting boring for some, but I thought it had a lot of jokes keeping it up.
And it never really touched on the reasons you made.
I guess for me, episodes that I can quote 2 or 3 jokes from them are the ones I like best.

i thought i was the only one who wanted to eat that shit, yum

I was agreeing until season 4. That season has a lot of trash, but
>Fear of a Krabby Patty
>Skill Crane
>Mermaid Man & Barnacle VI: The Motion Picture
>Krusty Towers
>Wishing You Well
>The Pink Purloiner
Really? These were some of the few post-movie episodes that were tolerable.

My least favorite was squidward’s revenge. There, I said it.

>skill crane
>Best Day Ever
>Krabby Land
>As Seen On TV
>Krusty Towers
>Wishing You Well

>Bland
>Mediocre
END yourself

>squeaky boots
Wrong.

Is it the one that starts out with the guy saying 'grandma's cookies you fucking faggot'
Cause that is some middle school tier shit

He's not wrong. Nobody gonna really want to rewatch those episodes all the time. Not even top 30.

>a bloo hoo hoo, people were being mean to spongebob
cry me a river, you whiny faggot

Best day ever is a bad episode desu

The only ones I really dont like from this season was Missing Identity, and the Sponge Who Could Fly.
Oddly enough out of all the epsiodes in the first three seasons I never saw Party Pooper Pants during its original run

>Season 3 took 2 and a half years to air
No wonder why it feels like the latter half of that season seems so different

the only thing wrong here is your opinions

>He's not wrong. Nobody gonna really want to rewatch those episodes all the time. Not even top 30.
>Krabby Land
>As Seen On TV
both of those episodes were pure bliss
>the striped sweater
>not that green stuff!

Didn't they play that episode for 24 hours when it first came out like it was a big deal?

Sponge Who Could Fly was definitely a weaker one. Didn't they hype that one up too when it first aired?

I actually love I'm with Stupid but I tend to like "mean spirited" humor as long as it doesn't go too overboard and is still funny. That episode had the perfect amount in my opinion.

snowball effect and no weenies allowed are the only two on that list that aren't "Meh"

>Idiot Box
>Krab Borg

Those deserve more than a meh

this is awful. how can anyone find this funny?

>having this shit taste
end yourself

actually the season was entirely finished in 2002 with the crew switching gears to work on the movie afterwards, its just that Nick stretched out premiers instead of having a full year with no spongebob

>its just that Nick stretched out premiers instead of having a full year with no spongebob
IIRC, I think Australia aired some of the later episodes before America did because of this. I certainly remember seeing a lot of the 2004 dated episodes in early 2003.

we were all in middle school when it was written

I find it interesting that Great Snail Race's title card uses the music from 'Now that We're Men'
Also it gave us these lovely threads

Go back to the gay community.

The Sponge Who Could Fly, Grandma's Kisses, The Bully, Krabby Land, Your Shoes Untied, Hall Monitor and Suds were all episodes I never cared for.

Season 4 fans are the worst

Back to tumblr.

>tumblr

Triggered faggot is triggered. Lol

I can shitpost too

>>>/tumblr/