What went wrong?

What went wrong?

No one could afford a premium cable package

They cancelled The Aquabats.

They had one major hit that they never could quite follow up.

A toy company makes a tv channel that no one wanted to advertise on.

They had like what, three shows?

>Equestrian Cain

That's coldly accurate Captcha

Hasbro too cheap to keep it on long enough so that it would catch on with other cable packages, but theyre notoriously cheap about everything they do.

Dan Vs?

he means that which shall not be named

They quit too soon
I legit get a little pissed everytime I pass Discovery Family on the channel scroll.

I don't know. There was something weird about the network's identity. There were some original shows I really enjoyed but a lot of it felt bland.

I wish they did more GI Joe after Renegades.

>tfw Animaniacs will never air on broadcast TV again

My Little Ponies?

Transformers Prime was a successful TF show

>Equestrian Cain
>Equestrian Kane

It tried to appeal to everyone’s tastes but ended up appealing to nobody. That’s what happens when you don’t have a central theme or identity.

Doesn’t help most of their views came from fans of the horse show and people who forgot where the remote was

They had only one good show

Hasbro was expecting its ratings to be on par with CN and Nick after just a couple years, despite being a new channel and on a higher tier cable package
They pulled out because it wasn't meeting their unrealistic expectations

excuse me user
>dan vs
>aquabats super show
>haunting hour
>'that' show

It wasn't even they couldn't afford it so much as who is going to spend 20 extra bucks for one channel? Also they tried this stunt as cable was dying so things like premium packages were seen as a waste of time.

>the last remaining bastion for the classics
>while pumping out decent to great new titles
>they even had VAs do the fun commercials like CN used to do before it went to shit

>all of this gone because Hasbro is pants on head retarded

animaniacs is getting new episodes, user

they didnt keep making more of this

It was a premium TV network so it only had white families and autistic bronies watching it

On Hulu, so no one's going to watch it.

Haunting hour was genuinely scary. The creamy colds episode still bothers me till the day.

They should've embraced streaming.

They sort of did

Hanazuki as wlel as a new Transformers series are being uploaded to the official Hasbro youtube

They have a ton of shit streaming now for free now

This and Dan Vs.

Didn't they used to air reruns of Batman: The Animated Series at one point, too?

Transformers Prime ratings were fucking ABYSMAL. Series finale had the same ratings as Rescue Bots reruns. Nobody but old nerds with no taste going "gritty! adult for me! woohoho!" cared.

Wrong. All information we have about behind the scenes shit shows that it was Discovery who did not want to put effort on it and ended up leaving Hasbro spending too much money on it.

Too expensive for most to access but really part of Hasbro reading too much into the success of the first two Transformers films. They made Hasbro think they could turn their properties into full blown multi-age multimedia projects. Didn't work out. Transformers for instance was given the Aligned continuity but there was too much in fighting to keep anything straight so it failed. They tried again more recently with the IDW comics but again no one really wanted a massive shared universe that kept saying "Aw c'mon, you liked the Transformers!"

They could of kept a old school block with Jem, older transformers, older pound puppies and older gi joe.

bump

Discovery acquired 10% of Hasbro's stake.

Why are their hands bigger than their feet?

looks retarded