Runaways

Daily reminder that this is canon to the MCU.

any proof?

And yet, I have not watched a single episode.

no it's not. There is not even a single tie in line in the entire series

Should they mention the Incident or Battle of New York every other episode?

Is it any good, I just started watching the first episode and want to know if I'm wasting my time or not

it's both good and terrible at the exact same time

>a diverse cast, both in race, sex and orientation
>they still HAD to change the race of a character

At this point it's a compulsive mental illness.

Who gives a fuck

The (((producers))), since they made the change in the first place.

Gert reminds me of a girl I dated in highschool, and I can't finish an episode without feeling aroused

the main cast was spot on. They wanted to flesh out the parents more, which is a good idea, they just failed on almost every account with them. The cast was good for the parents but the plot for them was dumb as fuck and they aren't even villains anymore
has it right

If you watched the show and paid attention, you would know that it's not.

there is nothing indicating it is not part of the MCU.

As a matter of fact, the crumbling city in the future screen might be a reference to infinity war.

I... really don't think it is

>aren't even villains anymore

What the fuck. That was the whole point of them. Whatever, Runaways without BKV always sucked donkey cock, so no suprise there.

Big 2? More like Big Jew
I hate you all

>Daily reminder that this is canon to the MCU.
I think you used the wrong image, user.

canon in my fap folder, that's for sure

This show is 99% waifus.

damn who is this qt

Polaris, she likes to strip

The cuckoos!! Now I wanna watch it damn

>one of the largest cities in the world gets invaded by aliens, causing billions of dollars of property damage, loss of life, and permanent emotional scarring for victims/people caught up in it all
>entire event is no longer mentioned by anyone only a couple years later

They're still villains. They're still kidapping and killing people, but they're no longer knowingly sacrificing these kids to gods/demons/whatever who are trying to bring about the apocalypse.
Changing their motivations makes sense. MCU doesn't have decades of history where aliens and mutants and magic and time travel are common place. They needed to take creative license with the property. It makes the schism between the kids and their parents more grey, which probably makes for better TV, if they want to drag this out for another couple of seasons.

This show had promise with some of the characters but it ends of going nowhere really fucking fast. The forced inclusion, and horrendous writing make barely watchable past the 5th episode.

Well, pile in the events of The Dark World, where aliens invaded London, and then add in a city being dropped from the sky, and you end up with a few different talking points, don't you?

>aliens and mutants and magic and time travel
The brilliant thing about Runaways wasn't that that they were diverse etchnically and regarding sexual orientation, but also in sense of utilizing every possibility a crazy place like the Marvel Universe has to offer. Without timetravelers, mutants, mad scientists magicans, aliens and robots, Runaways is a very dull concept.

No. They’ve lost all their individual villain ness. Jonah gives them a lot of shit and money and all they do serves him. In the comics they villained outside of the pride. Gerts parents still time travelled and took shit. Alex’s parents ran a gang. Karolina parents still did alien war shit. Etc.

Show parents are goobers that are being led around by the nose by a glow stick.

No, it isnt

They make no mention of any MCU connection whatsoever

The first few episodes are surprisingly good, then it just starts to go downhill from there

Casting for minorities can be hard

Parents are more interesting than the kids. Leslie is best girl

Other way around Bud.

They made Molly "Latina." Technically 3 of the actors are Latinos but they act like Gert is a good Jewish girl who happens to be brown and fluent in Spanish and Alex can get away with just playing black.

>I know better than the people who actually make the show

She looks like an elf and yet I'm attracted to her

You need to re-contextualize their villain-ness within the MCU. I mean, you don't have these cliche villain tropes to fall back on in the MCU, so what do you do?
They're all still murderers. Some (Wilder, Stein, Karolina's Mom) have done worse. It's more realistic.

You have magic, Dr. Strange. You have Aliens, Guardians of the Galaxy. You have time travel, AoS. Scientists and Mob bosses are real. You now have mutants, but they could have easily been substitutes for Inhumans at the time.

So what is the fucking problem?

>makes no reference to any other MCU character
>There are people suprised by superpowers abilities and do not make any reference to any similar MCU characer super power

I call bullshit if its saying its connected wthput even making minimum effort to mention anything related to MCU

>it's not canon if it's standalone
Why do alleged comic fans have such a hard time accepting a connected universe on TV?

They mentioned capes at least once I think, but the original comic didn't really either until the end when Captain America showed up.

There's even a point in the second volume where some astrologists act like Aliens don't exist in the MCU when they See Karolina's homeworld get beefed because of the wedding.

I think BKV set it in CA and act like it was a different world because in universe most shit surrounds NYC and maybe people across the country really are sheltered in a satire sort of way?

Kinda seems like people in this thread are talking past each other.
One side wishes the show would've embraced some of the wackier and over-the-top aspects of classic comic book villainy and feel that the show hasn't really established any reason to not do that while still allowing for massive changes from the comic when it comes to characters and events.
The other side keeps stressing how important the MCU connection is and the limitations it imposes on the show even if it's mostly unstated in-universe. They feel that connection and the nature of adaptations necessitate the sort of changes made and that the show is doing quite well with them.
These are kinda the same conversation but there's enough difference between the two that I don't think points are landing the way anyone would like.

It won't be after Infinity War. Infinity War will introduce multiverse continuities into the MCU and will be mentioned again in Ant Man and the Wasp. This will all occur before Flashpoint introduces a similar concept into the DC movies.

Likely all of the previous tv and Netflix shows not made by Marvel Studios will likely be put into a separate universe/continuity from the future MCU movies. X-Men and related characters will originate in a separate universe/continuity and some of the mutants from there will probably at some point cross over into the main MCU continuity. The Sony Venom movie will also take place in a different universe/continuity and possibly some future Sony Spiderverse movies will take place in that different universe/continuity if they end up getting filmed.

< Cable will use similar technology in Deadpool 2

When have any of the Runaways besides Sister Grimm ever really mattered to the grand scheme of the Marvel universe anyway? Nico is the only one with any real lasting popularity.

Maybe this actress gave the best performance? Maybe they couldn't find a white actress that was interested and good enough?

Who the fuck cares, it's Runaways. It's not like Molly's race was integral to her character or anything.

>Who the fuck cares, it's Runaways. It's not like Molly's race was integral to her character or anything.

Then it's funny how far they've gone to talk about how Spanish she is, Speak Spanish, play Spanish music, give her Spanish food and make fun of white or Jewish food while she's on the screen.

She's obviously very different JUST because of her change of race so how is that not her race being important?

her age was however, making Molly the same age as everyone else completely ruins the character

where her childishness came off as natural and cute 75% of the time now it 100% forced and cringe.

why is cap wearing his Avengers suit?

Because it makes it weird when people behave as though the events are unprecedented when similar events have occurred in the connected universe

>Motion Capture devices so they can map hand and fingers

>her age was however, making Molly the same age as everyone else completely ruins the character

But she IS younger in the show

I dunno. This one is pretty plausible. Terrorist attacks happen every day but if someone blew up a skyscraper in LA it would be treated as just as big deal. People wouldn't say "Oh well, terrorism happens everyday. This is totally normal and not surprising at all."
People have only been exposed to this stuff for about 10 years and next to none of them have had to deal with any of this shit in their own backyards

>making Molly the same age as everyone else completely ruins the character
Oh shit, so you didn't even watch the show but you have opinions on it?

MCU isnt canon to the MCU

I think perhaps the problem is they have to realize they also aged up Gert. If they left Gert her canon comic starting age she'd only be a year older than this Molly. Even so many of the kids are only 2 years older than her and they're doing plots like babby's first (or early) period and she's 14.

But it still takes away most of the awkwardness of having someone a decent amount younger than you hanging around. You never had siblings or cousins that wanted desperately to be your friend buy you were too cool because you were in HS and they weren't? Or been that little kid.

In the comic you could argue they ddin't hang out and Molly's parents treated her more childlike and undoubtedly manipulated her with their powers, but in the show she lives with Gert and they all go to school together.

Why is she a retard?

you can use you shitty example as "they reference the same hospital that was in DOCTOR STRANGE" all you want

these shows, are not canon
and more importantly, these characters will never, NEVER appear in the movies, or will get references in the films ever again. what, you're going to tell me they're going to appear in infinity war? and when they will not appear, are you gonna tell me to wait for part 2? and when that also happens, are you gonna tell me for wait for more films? when are you going to stop living in denial?

there is.no reason. to any of the characters. no to appear. when a fucking black widow or hawkeye are avenger members. no reason.

>these shows, are not canon

Um well they exist.

> NEVER appear in the movies

Yeah who cares? They don't have to appear in other movies because, at least Runaways, is so low level they shouldn't. Question is do things from the movies apply to them? Is the show working from a blank slate?

>these shows, are not canon
> these characters will never, NEVER appear in the movies
That's not how canon works, user. Why is that so hard to understand?

Are they only 3?

Exactly. Alex's parents in this gave up the gang life, the Minroe mom was fucking given the staff by Jonah for no fucking reason and now it's some technological bullshit, Karolina's mom is the only one who's a real villain but only cause Jonah is Karolina's dad, Gerts parents are spineless hippies who just do what their told, Chases dad started out as a villain but then you find out he has a brain tumor and that Jonah's cure made him evil.

They made an OC and made him the villain instead, it fucks up the entire concept of the story

>if we ignore the references that make them canon then they are not canon
Really made me think

So it's not canon, but you can pretend it is until someone higher up puts their foot down?

So which show is going to have Squirrel Girl again? Because that's the only thing I'm looking forward to

>comic takes place where there's fuckall active superheroes at the time so it doesn't interact with the Marvel Universe proper right away
>this is fine
>show does the exact same thing
>NOT CANON
why the fuck are people so hung up on this retarded shit? It's like bitching that Supersons isn't canon because everyone in the Justice League book doesn't stop to talk about what Damian and Jon are doing.

New Warriors, wasn't it?

>why the fuck are people so hung up on this retarded shit?
Dunno. Feels like people that like to yell Non canon are doing it because they think if it's 'not canon' no one should talk about it.

The comic still mentions other superhumans, the third arc had Cloak and Dagger show up.

Hell the very first page is Alex playing an MMORPG where he played as Captain America. The kids tried to contact the Avengers for help against their parents.

There's just nothing in the show that connects it to any other part of the MCU

>literally the head of Marvel TV
>doesn't count as someone high up

>There's just nothing in the show that connects it to any other part of the MCU
There's also nothing to say it isn't.

Yes. Which is currently looking for a network because Freeform wasn't big enough of an audience for the show. They currently want a multi-season commitment for whoever airs it. The current ABC President doesn't want more MCU shows after shitting out Inhumans to bomb on Friday night and then punishing SHIELD with the same timeslot because Disney Corporate said to keep the show on the air for synergy and the huge DVR numbers it does.

Tina having a cameo in Doctor Strange and having a magical Staff of One (that looks different from the one in the show) instead of the tech she got from Jonah doesn't count?

"So bad it's good" the show

Not named on screen, and that's not really any different than Howard/Cheadle or Norton/Ruffalo.

She wasn't named and they later clarified that wasn't Tina.

Not by much though. She's 14-15 in the series and 10-11 in the comics. Meanwhile, the rest of the group is between 16-18.

She was named Tina in the tie in comics which are more canon the the movies than the show

>think Leob know's what the fuck he's talking about

the guy is completely off his rocker

Tie-in comics have never been hard canon to the Marvel or DC movies or shows.

Wait.. Is this Cannon? Is this any good?

I really like it

Do you not understand how an EU works?

>eu works
eu is not canon, disney literally said that years ago
and what a surprise, their new canon has shit like Saw Gerrera, a guy that was first in cartoon, and then in a feature film! Something that mcu will never have, because tv shows are not canon.

Tilda Nightshade

>the guy is completely off his rocker
That may be the case, but it doesn't change that he's in charge.

>more canon than the show
Citation needed. No one reads those, but a ton of people watch the shows.

>star wars is the only EU in all of fiction
Nice try, user.

Even if we ARE talking about Star Wars, though, all the books and comics and cartoons are exactly the same as the MCU tv shows. Do you really think Ezra Bridger is ever going to matter to a Star Wars movie? Do you think Episode IX is going to have Gallius Rax in it? Is the Han Solo movie going to reference his marriage to Sana from the SW comic?

No, because that shit's all relegated to the tie-in media. But it's still canon.

do you live in the same world as bruce springstien? yes. do you talk about him all the time? no. do your paths cross? no.
what makes this fictional universe different?
i know we all want them to crossover and mention things, but because they dont doesnt mean they arent the same.

no, and no.

A character from AoS was revealed as Hydra in Winter Soldier.

if youre talking about sitwell, he was in thor first. im on the its all connected side, just thought i'd say it though.

the best there gonna be is a tag and bink easter egg, if it isn't cut out. lol

There are actually a number of retards that seem to think Rax, Sloane, etc. will show up at some point.

The comics can be safely disregarded, but the Guidebook are supposed to be accurate to the canon.

I'm the biggest "all the shows are canon" guy, but the Guidebook does identify one of Kaecilius' disciples as Tina Minoru, and her staff does look like the Staff of One. If any of the shows can get the "non canon" treatment, it's Runaways.

I'm retarded, she's not one of Kaecilius' servants, but the point stands. I need some fucking sleep.

those books are mostly for kids in libraries like the marvel and dc encyclopedia ones were for me and my friends as kids.

Yeah yeah, they're the normie catch-up books. Doesn't matter, she's in the credits, she's in the Guidebook. Either they handwave away the fuck up and there's two Tina Minorus with different Staffs of One, or Runaways is not canon.