Do any other films do stuff like this?

I loved all the homages to classic DC comics in BvS. Shame Snyder is leaving

Too bad for all his adoration Snyder doesn’t get Superman on a level of personal motivation and keeps quoting things from books which mean nothing if you do not first establish Supes firmly as the force for good and a selfless hero.
All of those shots in the OP are tainted by the mopey egocentrism of an Objectivist who cannot quite understand why he keeps saving people all the time between posing for messianic imagery.
It is a disgusting bath in self-righteousness where it should be upliftingly humble altruism.
I just want to punch MARTHA when she says he owes the world nothing.

When Snyder does things like this, I consider it stealing rather than an homage. He essentially plagiarized segments from The Dark Knight Returns in BvS as they're literally just copy-pasted in. Coupled with his complete misunderstanding of and disregard for the source material, it's baffling to me thst he was allowed to make three movies.

Not that Marvel is much better, with the MCU they make it pretty clear they don't want to be making comic book movies. For all its faults, at least the DCEU has Superheroes in it.

Seems like it's kind of poor taste to lift visual cues from comics when you're not representing the themes within those comics.

Superman in BvS embodies the literal opposite of objectivist "values". He, without hesitating, sacrifices himself to save humanity. Ayn Rand would have had a fit if she saw a superhuman die for lesser people. He never treats humans with anything other than respect and there's nothing to indicate that he doesn't view them as equals. The source of his entire inner conflict is the question if he's actually not doing enough to help his fellow people and if his presence is a danger to them rather than a help.

Snyder's versions look like theyre in the Mirror Mirror universe

It's over user. Snyder will no longer inflict movies about a Superman almost noone wants on the public. All WB wanted was a Superman that the public at large liked again.

Snyder delivered a Superman that only appeals to internet autists like yourself, and WB just can't justify paying out the nose for it.

Let it go. DC comics will always give you shitty Elseworlds Superman stories, because the well of meaningful Superman stories has long dried up.

This lata and you still don't seem to understand how Snyder actually works

They should have let Snyder do his thing. Why did they ruin JL and then blame him? Makes no sense.

If you listen/read to his interviews on how he interprets Superman, Snyder actually has a lot in common with Morrison. In particular both focus on Superman as a Christ figure. Setting aside opinions of quality and presentation, the primary difference between the two is that the redemptive nature of Superman is presented by Morrison as aligning with irresistible grace, best seen in ASS with Luthor, while Snyder aligns with prevenient grace, best seen in BvS with Sen. Finch.

These were nice.

It's weird how though people say Snyder is an objectivist, MoS, BvS, and Sucker Punch all have Christ-like MC's that go against that philosophy. It's as if he's saying that people do have the ability to choose but they should always choose to be good.

That may be true... but Snyder's view of Superman as a Christ figure is the kind of interpretation I'd expect from Philip Pullman or some other rabid atheist.

I can recall Spider-man 2 having a shot almost identical to the time Peter quit being Spidey for a while and threw the suit into the trash

This user is correct.

Snyder's batman is crazy, quotes hairbrained republicans (literally paraphrases dick cheney to a fucking tee), his batman represents what miller became after 9/11 because metropolis was 9/11 for Bruce

I remember being naive and thinking that Snyder's approach to adaptations might mean Watchmen has a chance of capturing what made the comic good. What went wrong there?

>superman is only Muh supermab when his mommy tells hin he needs to be a hero instead of choosing on his own to be a good guy

user, hes a better hero if he does it of his own motivation and not rules imposed upon him

Lol, not at all. Christ, you're retarded.

He is representing the themes pretty well.

Snyder's references go pretty deep too. Like in MoS, calling Zod's ship the Black-Zero is a direct reference to an issue called "The Man Who Destroyed Krypton", which directly plays in the idealogical conflict between Zod and Clark, in that they both think the underlying philosophy that the other represents is what killed Krypton.

Pretty great stuff imo.

Superman doesn't owe the world anything. he chooses to be a hero on his own.

>at least the DCEU has Superheroes in it.
Outside of WW and maybe Flash and Aquaman, I wouldn’t consider DCEU filled with superheroes.

Disprove his point. Go ahead. I'll be waiting.

Burden of proof lies on the accusor. He needs to prove his point first, you retard.

You can't just throw out statements without any proof or support and be like YEAH ITS TRUE, DISPROVE IT!

Superman saved the world like 4 times before dying. Even if Batman fell for a bit, he is still a superhero.

You are an over sensative soyboy. "WAAAH SUPERMAN DIDN'T SMILE SO HE ISNT A SUPERHERO! SAVING THE WORLD ONLY COUNTS IF YOU SMILE!!!!"

Jesus christ, read some comics.

if the mass murdering Marvel "heroes" are superheroes, then so is DCEU Batman. Shit, he was a superhero in the golden age during the brief period when he murdered everyone. Stop being a faggot.

And DCEU Superman is also a superhero too, way more than anyone in the MCU. He is so inspirational he helped Batman become uncrazy and WW believe in the world of man again.

Get over yourself you raging faggot.

>Make some visual references to comics
Is that really all it takes to impress you people?

>Jesus christ, read some comics.
But Superman is nothing like this in the comics. Even Golden Age and N52 never acted like Snyder’s Superman.

>not reading the thread

see

Literally has nothing to do with what you said. You are saying "BECAUSE HE DOESN'T LIKE HE DOES IN THE COMICS I READ THEN HE ISN'T A SUPERHERO" ? REALLY? Are you just so retarded you couldnt read the context of the post I was replying to?

Also he acts a lot like Superman from Byrne's Man of Steel & Moore's Whatever Happened To The Man of Tomorrow & For The Man Who Has Everything (in regards to his attitude of his home planet and his new home), and a lot of his social awkwardness and his struggle with how to do the most possible good can be seen in Secret Origin and Secret History.
Read comics you fucking pleb.

>how dare Superman ask himself whether it's right for him to do what he does, despite still saving people, because he has motivations and anxieties like an actual character, instead of a grinning one note cardboard character who saves people just because he's there

It's amazing you guys don't realize you're literally the reason the character fell into a hole as far as popularity goes and had to be rebooted in the 80s solely because of that (not even saying I agree with everything in Byrne's reboot).

Thats bullshit. Back up your opinions with some support or fuck off.

>Literally has nothing to do with what you said. You are saying "BECAUSE HE DOESN'T LIKE HE DOES IN THE COMICS I READ THEN HE ISN'T A SUPERHERO" ? REALLY?
That’s not what I said at all you tard.

>had to be rebooted in the 80s solely because of that
Didn’t he get rebooted because his continuity was fucked up, not because of popularity?

Snyder was raised Christian Scientist. Reading up on it some of his interpretations come across as more logical. Sucker Punch in particular can be defined almost entirely through Christian Science philosophy.

Learn to read context you fucking idiot. The post you are replying to is in turn replying to a post that says there are no superheroes otherside of WW, Flash, and Aquaman in the DCEU. How does you saying Superman doesnt act like specific versions of Superman from the comic have ANYTHING to do with that? It doesnt, you fucking retard. So why bring it up at all.

And nice to see you have 0 counter argument after getting BTFO. Fuck off you idiot.

He got rebooted because CoIE happened you fucking casual. Kill yourself.

The sun is blue and the sky is orange.
Disprove my point without just saying I'm wrong or I'm stupid, or I'm blind.

So because of continuity, just like he said.

So visual references, shallow symbolism and not understanding Superman.

You're an easy one to impress aren't you?

>Didn’t he get rebooted because his continuity was fucked up

That is what he said. Not the same thing at all. And the user he was replying to, anyway, was saying the reason why his reboot was so vastly different was because of how 1 dimensional he was. Learn to fucking read you idiot.

But regardless, that first user is only kind of right. Yes Superman's popularity fell because of how everyone associated him with a flat 1 dimensional character, regardless of how true that was, but the tonal shift that most people attribute with Byrne's run can actually be seen taking root in Superman in the last few years leading into CoIE. Even though the actual mechanics of plots were still high concept in silver-age fashioned, the consequences and repercussions were becoming more serious and inline with Bronze Age thinking.

What counterarguments do you have? All you’ve been doing this thread is calling others retards and saying BTFO! It’s starting to feel underaged in here.

>COIE happened because of continuity
>superman got rebooted because of COIE
Gee, reading IS tough, you're right!

Learn to fucking read.

No symoblism here and 100% great understanding of superman.

No symbolism, 100% great understanding of superman.

no symbolism

no symbolism

no symbolism

Way to expose yourself as a massive fucking retard that can't read.

Holy shit what the fuck is wrong with you? Counter arguments to what in specific? Can you not read? I'm telling you your argument makes 0 senses in the context of what you were replying to you and you just blather "WHERE IS YOUR COUNTER ARGUMENT?!?"

Its like you didnt even read my post or any of the posts, but if you MUST be fed a counter argument.

Here is a counter argument to you saying he doesnt act like the comics

If you actually learned to READ you would have seen this.

Jesus christ you are so retarded. Are you a child? Because your lack of ability to understand basic conversational continuity is astounding.

CoIE didn't happen because of Superman's continuity specificallty though, which is what that guy was arguing. CoIE happened primarly because of the confusion with Earth 1 and Earth 2.

Critical thinking really isn't your strongsuit, is it?

>waaaah people are being mean to me on an anonymous image board! THEY MUST BE UNDERAGE!!! WAAAAH!!!

holy shit, grow up

Fuck off Snyder, you understand nothing of Superman.

>CoIE happened primarly because of the confusion with Earth 1 and Earth 2.
Pretty sure it happened because of the DC Implosion.

Wow, you getting this salty because you were made to look like a fool? Grow a back bone and learn to read.

Wait...did Superman’s popularity ever actually fall? He sold big in the Silver Age, Bronze Age and a little past CoIE. I would imagine he would have been outsold by Batbooks but I wouldn’t say he fell completely out of favor.

that was about a decade before CoIE. I don't see how its relevant.

He read supergods, but he didnt understand it,
Just like all the comics he apes without understanding them. And desu I don’t think he cares since they aren’t “highbrow” like heavy metal.

Yes, he shold like shit in the 80s. Don't just pull shit out of your ass and say "HE ALWAYS SOLD GOOD CAUSE I SAY SO!!"

Do some actual research.

Pic related is from June 1984. Superman was outsold by fucking Cerebus.

In fact, DC almost sold Superman, Batman, WW, and LoSH to Marvel at one point because of how poorly they sold.

Crisis gave Supes a big boost though and launched him back in the top three.

sold like shit in the early 80s***

>Accused of being underaged
>Confirms it by saying NO U
This site is for 18 and up, tell your mothers boyfriend to ground you.

Mate there's like 24 posters here mocking you and you samefagging like there's no school tomorrow. There's someone looking like a fool in the thread, but you need a mirror to see him.

Jesus what is up your ass today?
I agree with most of your posts but you’re trying to bite the heads off of anons.

>he didn't understand it because I say so!

You know whats hilarious, the Snyder supporters always have these well thought out posts that succicently explain how Snyder DOES understand these characters, while the detractors are always just like "NAH HE DIDNT UNDERSTAND IT BECAUSE I SAID SO!" with very little evidence to any of that.

Also only retards latch on to that heavy metal comic. He was talking about himself in highschool. Are you so shocked a HIGHSCHOOLER liked Heavy Metal? Really? Morrison like Heavy Metal too when he was in HS and even edits it now, does that make him an edgy fuck that doesnt like Superman?

Snyder threads are like watching the special Olympics

>paranoid, thinking every poster mocking him is the same
>e-everyone is making f-fun of you!!!!
>still has no counter argument, instead floundering about

get help

>tfw instead of arguing your point you just resort to "I'M RIGHT BECAUSE OTHER PEOPLE ARE MOCKING YOU! DOESN'T MATTER THAT PEOPLE ARE MOCKING ME TOO!!!"

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

There are no arguements anywhere in this thread that are thought out and don’t resort to insults

Comicfags are the worst.
It’s pretty sad when Snyder’s have a better idea of Superman than they do.

"Batman's dark." I'm like, "Okay, no, Batman's cool." He gets to go to a Tibetan monastery and be trained by ninjas. Okay? I want to do that. But he doesn't, like, get raped in prison. That could happen in my movie. If you want to talk about dark, that's how that would go.“
2008 interview
He wasn’t just edgy in high school

Hahah what?

No insults here. Learn to read. And that is pretty childish of you to just completely disregard an argument because there is an insult in.

"Resorting" to an insult is what happens when people like this have nothing else to say like this guy or He ran out of arguments and is resorting to insults. But then you got things like which are arguments that contain insults. They aren't resorting to them, they are just insulting people while also making arguments.

In fact even your post is just resorting to an insult, because instead of acually reading the thread and making an argument you are just insulting everyone who actually has made arguments you are too lazy, or unwilling, to read.

Or are you just so sensative that ANY insult is enough to turn you away? If so, good luck in life, you're going to need it.

That's because this is Snyder Defense Thread #3,560. All the sound arguments and reasons have been attempted hundreds of time, but they crash against the OP's massive Wall of Autism and amount to nothing.

Honestly I'm just glad the Snyder era is over, it's a dayum shame that the very idea of a Justice League movie has been soured and ruined moving forward by his hackery.

WB poured hundreds of millions into a Big Team Avengers-style movie (we've reached the point that Avengers is what everything else will be compared to for decades) and it flopped mightily.

Sold less tickets domestically than a depressing Wolverine movie. Barely edged out Doctor Strange. That is just sad, there's no other word for it.

Ignore him, he’s just a comicfag who think’s he knows what Superman is.

Wow, so you have this much trouble understanding what he is talking about? And you took it way out context. He is talking about the Nolan movies in particular, and how people say they are "dark" but he is saying they arent. He is saying there is nothing dark about training with ninjas in a monistary. He is saying a truly "dark" movie with Batman would have the possibility of him being raped.

Stop being so pathetic and learn to read, pajeet.

You win

Point to a single sound argument against Snyder in this thread that has actual support and evidence behind it. Meanwhile you have multiple people supporting Snyder with well thought ideas like here

That is very mature of you.

Why do comicfags always blame autism on Snyder and his fans?
The only ones being autistic are the guys going “not muh Sooperman” even though Snyder’s Superman has roots in the Bronze Age.

>The only ones being autistic are the guys going “not muh Sooperman”
I don't care about "not muh." Shit, I don't even really have a Superman that is mine. I just dislike Snyder's movies because they suck, not because of his takes on the character.

All I know is that I don't want Superman films having the same tone as The Passion of the Christ.

So you admit you’re autistic.

>Point to a single sound argument against Snyder in this thread that has actual support and evidence behind it.

Probably isn't one, and I don't have the energy to supply one once again.
It's sufficient that the man can't name a comic influence that inspired him to make a Superman movie, he fell back to "wanting to make a movie like Star Wars" when asked on a panel about his favorite comics. He doesn't care for the genre, he's been quoted saying that people in costume even TALKING to each other seems ridiculous, apparently the only thing costumed heroes should do is fight each other in slow-motion.
I find it amusing that people in this thread try to push him as some sort of fan. He's no more a fan of Superman than Nolan was of Batman.
Nolan achieved a couple of good movies by moving away from Batman's comic-bookness as much as possible, before getting fed up.

They aren't even remotely similar in tone.

Basically, you want Superman films with no substance, intelligence, and just want him to be a smiling Mary Sue who saves the day just because he can.
Snyder is too good for DC fans.

It'd be great if he had a good story to join all those images.

>his movies are bad because he didn't answer a question how I wanted him to.
>Forget the fact that we can see all the comic influences and are able to discuss them ( and )
>not able to actually discuss why you dont like his movies within the context of the movie but resorting to things outside the movie

You are an absolute brainlet. Thats like saying Anne Hall is a bad movie because Woody Allen is a pedophile.

>Do any other films do stuff like this?
Yes.

You're not wrong, but at least they have SOME. The MCU has Captain America, Daredevil, and Spider-Man. What I mean by this is that those are the only ones that fit the classical definition of a Superhero. I would say to be one, you have to
>Wear a costume
>"Save the day" fairly frequently, and not simply save yourself and your property like in the Iron Man movies
>Fight Supervillains

I would say that Iron Man sort of counts, but not really. In the comics he for sure does, and so does Thor. But in the movies they've tried to distance themselves from the source material (because they don't want to be making comic book movies), so they just end up with a group of protagonists with powers. If you still don't get what I mean, contrast the MCU with CW Flash and Arrow. Numerous flaws aside, those characters are indeed superheroes.

>Basically, you want Superman films with no substance, intelligence
No, he said he DOESN'T want Snyder making Superman movies. Fucking Snyderfag learn how to read.

>What is MoS
>What is BvS
>What is JL: Director’s Cut

Shit for brainlets?

>What is JL: Director’s Cut
Oh, I know this one, it's a movie that doesn't exist.

>if you don't like my favorite movie you're autistic
Man, you truly are triggered easily.

Imagine being this stupid you don't think he's an obvious comic fan, fucking hell. Yeah, he just adapted 300 and Watchmen recreating every panel in loving detail before the influences from various comics in his Superman work talked about in this fucking thread.

Jesus fucking Christ he announced BvS by literally reading off a quote from TDKR. His quote that you pull out of context is a crack about Bendis style storytelling with superheroes sitting on couches and talking.

Does it hurt to be this retarded, or are you at a level where pain just confuses you?

TF is wrong with you OP? Snyder is a hack. A Clown who had no business anywhere near a superman movie. He had no fundamental understanding of the character. They should have shitcanned his ass after that disaster that was the first henry cavill movie.

>1. No use of original Superman Theme.
>2. Superman Kills Zod

Superman does not kill. Ever.

They even had a comic arc covering this exact thing in the 80's where he killed and it spawned almost an emotional breakdown for him.

>Jesus fucking Christ he announced BvS by literally reading off a quote from TDKR
OH MY GOD! SO IMPRESSIVE!

Even so, said "comic book reader" is dumb and has serious problems reading the material, and tried to justify his characterization of Batman in BvS by saying that he "killed all the time" in TDKR.

When it is a plot point, in one of the most normie tier, analized comics of the world, that he didnt. If Snyder cant even understand the most basic stuff from the most casual comics, how can you expect him to know anything about the characters?

I especially love when moviefags invade a comic board to tell comicfags how wrong they are about comics

>Snyderfags still exist
The only decent movie he has made is 300. Everything else is complete trash.

Best post in the whole fucking thread.

Elliot S! Maggin did all of that in the 70s, you idiot.

He already stated his point and added evidence. Now it's your job to show that either the evidence is inadequate or there's evidence supporting a counter theory.

Thanks for the meaningless shitpost

>Even so
Congrats on moving the goalposts. And yeah, given you got butthurt over him not mentioning his top ten of Superman comics I thought that would be impressive.

Why are you still here? Fuck off.

I am not the user that you was talking to.

Funny thing that you ignored all of my post just to bitch.