In your personal mind, is Eddie Brock a hero or villain? Or neither?

In your personal mind, is Eddie Brock a hero or villain? Or neither?

A villain who thinks he's the good guy.

A "hero"

Anti-hero

Started out as a full villain, slowly inching towards good. But still south of neutral.

He's now trying to cure the symbiote's growing bloodlust, right? The old Eddie wouldn't bother. So, progress!

He's Eddie

Hmmmm

An attempted hero doing his best

A straight up villain, but I don't follow venom because of lack of interest.

Used to be a villain but the bar has become so low at Marvel that it is hard to tell the difference nowadays.

Wild Card. Though saw him more of a villain, yet he was hit with the bat of character development and became an anti-hero with emphasis on the hero part.

If i remember correctly, old Eddie gave the symbiote chocolate to prevent it from eating brains, of course, none of the writers working currently on Venom know or care about this, so they keep having Eddie just drug the symbiote.

Dangerous psychopath who thinks himself a hero

see also: Moon Knight, the Creeper, etc

>is Eddie Brock a

piece of ass

I always thought The Creeper was a joke character

Anti-villain

He's Topher Grace

Neither. He's not evil in my mind, but he's very, very stupid. Not even really misguided, just stupid. Other people would better put the Venom Symbiote's misguided sense of justice to work.

>but he's very, very stupid
Why stupid?

>Other people would better put the Venom Symbiote's misguided sense of justice to work.
It was really Brock with the whole misguided sense of justice thing, the symbiote back in those days was portrayed as much more primitive or animalistic in it's emotions than it has been in some more modern portrayals, didn't really have any care or understanding about human concepts like justice to my knowledge

It got a sense of justice from Spider-man. Brock cultivated it a bit more, and last time I really saw it come up was when Flash had it. Even at its most primal it seems to want to protect the weak.

But its methods are very primal.

I've always felt that between the two of them (Brock and the symbiote) the symbiote was the more "bloodthirsty" one, for lack of a better word, and I say that in the sense that I've always felt it would be just as happy with Brock had he been just eating brains left and right with little regard for protecting, but that was Eddie's instinct

I mean the symbiote did seek out Mack Gargan of all people after all as a new host, and look how that turned out.

Mostly straight up villain but it seems like these days he's pulling an old school wolverine and becoming more of an anti-hero. Which is good, any character development in a comic is usually good.

As Spider-man it seemed to understand the concept of justice when it controlled him while he slept.

I attribute a lot of its host chasing to it trying to get back to Peter. One of the ways Spidey beat Venom was actually tricking the symbiote by pretending he'd re-bond with it.

>these days he's pulling an old school wolverine and becoming more of an anti-hero.
>these days

user, that's been going on since the early 90s.

Eddie actually did care about that...up until mid 2000 ish where he gave it away for no reason because bad writing.

He and the suit had a real interesting relationship, not really lovers, but friends, a tight bond, almost SYMBIOTIC. Except nobody fucking rememebrs or read anything Eddie related so it's just a never ending parade of dogshit and making Eddie the evil edgy black Spider-man.

Anyway op
In reality he did some fucked upo shit for revenge, and he probably suffered two severe mental breaks at some point, but later on became something of a punisher spider-man. He's the kinda guy who does what no other hero is willing to do, and he realizes jail doens't matter to these people. So I'd say, what anti hero's the closest to him he's not bad, or nuetral, just mentally unstable bad good.

Never

villain and that's okay

a shitty character who should have just died from cancer

every time he shows up he just gets lamer

>every time he shows up he just gets lamer

T. nu-male

At first, yes, but not anymore.

More hero nowadays. Eddie hasn't fought traditonal heroes in a long time, and spent most of his time dealing with psychos for the better part of a decade. In the last Carnage series he pretty much admitted to his faults and decided to let go of his anger. He even saved an entire city from Spider disease by sacrificing his Anti-Venom powers. So far, he's been focused on trying to quell the Symbiote's violent urges, so he's been definitely acting more like a hero as of recent. Personally, I prefer it. He was only good as a villain for the start. Way more interesting as a Anti-hero bordering on good.