SuperBro thread

Do you like him more than SuperDad?

I think he got a disproportionate amount of hate. He frequently displayed the character traits and virtues of SuperDad, he was just a bit more hotblooded which I think is a suitable trait for a younger man.

I liked Superbro more than most, but I’m glad classic Superman is back.

Superdad is boring. There's no tension there to make his stories interesting

Good under Morrison. Bad under everyone else.

Not even the writer's fault, but editorial's. DC for some reason convinced themselves that Superman shouldn't have a supporting cast anymore, so he quit the Daily Planet to be a blogger, spend more time in Smallville than in Metropolis, when he finally returned to the Planet Lois revealed his identity and Perry White started to treat him like trash for some reason, etc.

It's unbelievable. The majority of new characters aren't able to carry their own solos due to a lack of supporting cast. Superman had one of the biggest supporting cast in comics and DC decided that writers shouldn't use it.

Superdad is basically Soyman, Man of Estrogen.
I wish N52 Supes would come back.

>Has a wife and kid
>LOOK AT THIS SOYMAN
I thought Sup Forums was pro-family.

I don’t agree with you, but your post did make me kek.

He’s basically the wife and mother of the family.
Not how families work out.

How is he the wife and mother?

He cooks, cleans, is one of these buddy buddy dads.

I actually don't remember him cooking or cleaning anything. Can you post the page, please?

Also, why would that make him less of a man? You think you are more manly than he because you are fat and dirty?

I'm sorry you had a shitty dad.

So should Clark give Jon a pack of smokes, grab Lois’ ass all of the time and piss with the door open?

Would that make him more “manly”?

>having a good authority figure in your life is a shitty dad
>Greg Universe and Clark Kent dads are suddenly ideal parents

>Also, why would that make him less of a man? You think you are more manly than he because you are fat and dirty?
Traditional fathers worked to provide for the family, while the mother handled everything else.
Now everything is topsy turvy.

But Clark Kent works. Is he less manly because his wife works, too?

Does your wife work, user? Are you even man enough to have a wife to begin with?

It’d be a step up to be perfectly honest.

Looking back now, he's a weird oddity that'll be brought up decades from now like how Electric Superman gets referenced.
>Hey Sup Forums, remember that time DC rebooted Superman to be younger and gave him a battle suit, wiping away his marriage to Lois, and only went back on it after like five years?
Still, he wouldn't have been a bad idea for an Elseworlds character.

Perfectly said

>Is he less manly because his wife works, too?
Yes. If your wife has to work to make ends meet, you’ve failed as a man.

D and C please, you know they don't need to wok because of the shit they got at the fortress.

My father is more traditionally manly and successful than you'll ever be in your life and yet my mother still works for a living and has since I've been around 10.

Yeah, without a doubt.

I have no idea how people act like Rebirth is that much an improvement on some of the crap we were getting before. Most of it is just creatively dead mediocre churn.

>Superbro fans are edgy "red-pilled" teenagers
Really doesn't reflect well on the character

Superdad abandoned his old world to die just to save his family. He then stood by through invasions and attacks in this new world, doing nothing until he could step in to take the place of the Superman actually giving his all to save everyone, and let him die too.

He's not boring. He's a villain.

Superdad couldn't do anything to save his universe and he was saving the world low profile before Superbro died.

What a villain, huh?

>Superman is a bad authority figure

I literally can’t tell whether you’re joking or not.

Most Rebirth fans are soyboys who think Snyder is bad.
Is it any wonder why N52 gets unfairly shat on while Rebirth is praised for no reason?

>All this edgy
I think Superbro fans should be reading "Spawn" or "Crossed".

>tradition

He honestly is.

>Superman is a bad authority figure because his wife has a job
You should be reading "Coldsteel the Hedgehog".

The real reason is the changing of continuity.

Rebirth has just created a Superman absolutely incomprehensible to new or young readers.

Imagine someone is trying to get into DC for the first time, and they're confused and ask you about his backstory. Imagine trying to explain it. "Okay so he's the old Superman from another universe who came here and had a son and was just sitting around doing a couple things while the new young Superman was around and then the new Superman died and then this Superman came back, and then they were kind of the same Superman but not really".

What the fuck is that? This is Superman. Instead they've made him as convoluted as any given member of the X-Men.

DC should get Jurgens and Tomasi off the Superbooks and give someone like Delano- or even Bunn a crack at the title- to sprinkle some of their antihero magic in this borefest

Can you give me examples of “good” authority figures?

Let me guess:

Darth Vader
Darkseid
Jabba the Hutt
Joker
Skeletor

My god.

Why are you Superbro fans so edgy? Seriously? Why do you want to read Superman when you clearly would prefer 90's Image?

I hate how safe Rebirth is. New52 kept everyone on the edge. You'd be wondering what tf was going to happen next for every arc.

Why do you want to read DC when you prefer edgy so much? Why can't you read Spawn or Savage Dragon or Youngblood instead? Why do you want DC to be edgy?

>New52 kept everyone on the edge
It did?

Why do you put your cereals in the bowl before pouring in the milk?

>cooking, cleaning, and providing for your family are incongruous with authority and fatherhood

Holy shit, what is your idea of being a parent? Those are just basic traits of someone who's a responsible functioning adult

Not him, but it was certainly a bit more surprising. This feels like a return to form, not a bad thing but not exactly fresh.

And once again Superbro fags show that not only are they edgy, utterly retarded teenagers, they also prove that they have no idea what constitutes a good father figure and must instead spew crap about how being an ass to your family and friends is "manly". Colour me fucking surprised.

See

Why do you prefer edgy so much? Are edgy stories better than not-edgy stories?

Why do you want to read Superman when you prefer things like 90's Image? Why aren't you reading 90's Image? Why do you want Superman to become edgy, something he isn't?

>Superbro fags show that not only are they edgy
I don't understand this I love Superbro, but he wasn't as edgy as these people seem to be making him.

Superbro was not edgy at all. It's because of faggots like you, who can't handle even a tiny fraction of any form of grit, that we're stuck with pussyman. Well congratulations. You've won. Enjoy your carrot soup and vanilla rice pudding

>Why do you want Superman to become edgy, something he isn't?
>First Superman comic ever features Superman badly beating random humans who don't pose the slightest threat to him and threatening to throw a man to his death to terrorize him into talking

user, look at this very thread.

Superbrofags saying that a real man treats his wife like trash. Superbrofags saying that a real man treats his son like a subordinate. Superbrofags saying that Superman should be written as an anti-hero by the likes of Cullen Bunn.

You are pretty fucking edgy.

Action Comics #1 has Superman beating villains, just like he does nowadays.

How edgy!

>A raging faggot who doesn't have a proper father and tries to project the ideal "man" onto him in a desperate attempt to feel better about himself
>Yet has the gal to call Supes "Pussyman"
InsertLaughingGentry.Jpg here.

>Using comics from an age in which writers and artists could of whatever the fuck they wanted with characters with no true effect on the character themself as a means to support your edgy non-arguments
Hilarious.

Superbro wasn't even THAT edgy, I can't understand how his fans turned out to be like this.

>fans
It's just one autistic faggot riling up a bunch of other autistic faggots.

>Superbro was not edgy at all

Doesn't make Superbro edgy

So what was so edgy about Superbro, then?

No, they said that as criticism based on how fucking vanilla Superdad is, and that he arguably works better as a villain since he's such a fucking failure of a hero.

>using comics from an age when the character was written by his creators who would know a little better what Superman was like.
He was meant to shock you from the cover itself of him lifting a car over his head and smashing it into pieces as people ran off in terror. If you prefer him as the 50s Republican wetdream who sits round the table with his wife bringing him apple pie, fuck off.

And stop samefagging, you stupid cunt.

>Superdad is both vanilla and a super-villain
You Superbrofags are hilarious.

Why don't you read Sentry? It has all the """""qualities""""" you are looking on Superman. His wife is afraid of him, he is hyper-violent, he is as edgy as a character can be, etc.

>Being this fucking assmad over people calling you out on your faggotry and your desire to character-assassinate Superman because he isn't "URRRGHMANLYUUUUGH" enough for you
Holy fucking shit, this is great. Autism like this is always such a treat to watch. Also, I'm not samefagging Superbrofag, but keep telling yourself that in your immensely deluded mind.

>A guy riding a bike is edgy
Thanks for posting. You just proved what kind of people prefer superdad over superbro

All of you know that this is a bait thread, right?

>Superman should be fighting cage matches and riding motorcycle instead of saving people!!!!
>Superman should be written as a villain by a writer like Cullen Bunn.
>Superman should prohibit his wife from working!
Superbrofags, everyone.

this tbqh famalam

that being said I'm still biased towards SuperDad.

Superbro was harmed by being Lobdellized and all the other shitty people who wrote him. Even the Johns arc which gets frequent praise is essentially an uninteresting and unoriginal OC story which is actually honestly boring with a few decent bits and panels that amount to maybe three pages worth of stuff, if that.

Morrison's Action Comics run to me is still my favorite, and solid, set of three arcs (and I'm really enjoying a lot of Tomasi/Gleason Superman) for probably the last 10, maybe even 12, possibly even 15 years. And that's despite the fact that the art really drags it down.

>SUPERMAN is less manly than other men because he cooks when he isn't punching dinosaurs.

Please tell me you are pretending to be retarded.

>yawn

>stupidity - the samefag

>he wasn't as edgy

He really wasn't, especially if you avoid The Cereal Lords shitty JL run, but were reading the self-title books and things like Superman/Wonder-Woman (which most weren't) or Batman/Superman as well. Especially if you take in Superman Unchained (which was canon to the New 52 universe).

He was written younger, he made more clear mistakes in some runs. The huge problem was the incessent cross-overs that featured poorly defined or poorly thought-out and stupid villains, such as with H'El and DOOMED that were attempts to write that Superman who didn't just succeed by showing up as the response to the all the 'superman is boring, there's no reason for him to exist' BS complaints by people who don't get the actual reason he has endured and is so widely known and admired, even when his current comic run or movies are not, for example.

>arguing that I was simply referring to the fact that he was riding a bike
The Wizard of Oz called, they want their Strawman back

>superman is soy
Leave Sup Forums.

>You don't know what you have, until it's gone

Nah I like SuperDad because it exemplifies his character more as a family man with strong morals and values. Superbro was alright but constantly hipster-tier depending on the writer.

Yeah I'm glad they changed that too. Have you noticed Jimmy has been kind of ignored though? I miss Superman's Pal. I miss him being his best friend, this normal dude that just gets wrapped up in Superman's adventures.

this must be falseflagging

I hate him.

I'm "Sup Forums" and I like the family man Superman. I don't know what the newfag is talking about. 90% of Sup Forums these days is just memespouting based on knee jerk reactions to shallow things, like Sup Forums always does but it's persistently bad now. So everything gets called "SOYBOYBUGMAN" like "cuck" was the buzzword a couple years ago.

Yeah I agree, they didn't handle that was well but it looked like they were trying to bring the old back and graft it onto the new and the Msyplx (I'm not even trying to spell that shit) story line was their only way of doing it?

I would of done it with multiversal phasing. Every iteration of a character in the multiverse is literally the same person, just in a different universe with different laws/events that shaped them differently. So if a universe dies, the memories, even the physical parts of the person can be transfered into part of them elsewhere in the multiverse. So Superbro just phased into Superdad when they came in connect with each other?

It's still complicated. I don't know how to get the results they need without doing some complicated asspull.