/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Neb! Surge Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2018.htm

>Out This Week:
Star Wars #42 (Wed 17)
Star Wars Adventures #6 (Wed 17)
Forces of Destiny: Rose & Paige (Wed 17)

>Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Trailer 2
youtube.com/watch?v=JtigV-biVGg

>Rebels Recon: Rebel Assault
youtube.com/watch?v=zXt9ZmN-V-k

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi Secrets Explained
youtube.com/watch?v=p09c0MXDxto

>STAR WARS: Battlefront II – The Movie (2017)
youtube.com/watch?v=geqUtEjdREc

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y1Fgqw7o4Rk
strawpoll.me/14836709
twitter.com/dave_filoni/status/952637558206300160
gregorytitus.com/star-wars-black/
gregorytitus.com/star-wars-the-force-awakens/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for watching movies wrong.

nth for outstanding loans and math

The ending of Rebels season 3 is way better than the ending of TLJ
youtube.com/watch?v=y1Fgqw7o4Rk

/swco/ has made their choice once again.

Will assblasted fags just stop. TLJ was a good, 8/10 film. Go cry your bitch tears on tumblr.

Whoops.

Yeah but Rebels > new films

Round 26!

>Has Grand Moff Tarkin finally met his match with Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn? Only one way to find out!
strawpoll.me/14836709

WHAT DID DAVE MEAN BY THIS

Full pic

Rebels is pretty great. Season 2 was best season.

It's time to stop filoni

LADS

twitter.com/dave_filoni/status/952637558206300160

>master race

WE HAVE TO STOP HIM, HE'S GOING TO KILL EVERYONE WE LOVE

Eh I'd give it a 6/10. Like some others have posted before, my real complaint is the lack of world building and the ST era feeling small. That wouldn't be that big of a deal if the characters were all great, but they aren't.

Oh wow....

Damn shills...

This is the ideal male Jedi. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

If tarkin loses ALDERAAN IS GETTING IT

Chad Katarn

wrong jedi

nice hat, hat boy.

Kylo Kotor

put a gun in it

Is Rex the last clone left ?

Source? That looks rad as hell.

Rebels is the best part of new canon easily, and better than most if not all of the EU

>you will never join the crew

First off, what the fuck is that image.

Second off, Dave don't you even think about it.

Why is CIS the msot interesting faction in Star wars lore ?

Don't fuck with my emotions Sensei. This is NOT the time for this type of shit. Especially with the after effect of TLJ. You fuck with Thrawn and Lucasfilm is fucked in the ass. Raw with no lubrication or protection.

Nope that goes to Kix. He got sent to the distant future.

>all those BRING BACK TCW hashtag replies
are tcwfags officially the new eufags

Found it on the website of the artist who did the box illustrations for the Black Series, Gregory Titus.

gregorytitus.com/star-wars-black/
gregorytitus.com/star-wars-the-force-awakens/

You're put in charge of a new Star Wars spinoff. What is it?

I mean, they might as well kill him off. They already foreshadowed his death during the S3 finale and Rukh is back.

What else, realistically, can Thrawn actually do once Rebels wraps up? The obvious answer would be acting as the villain for a new cartoon series set between ROTJ and TFA - like put the Thrawn trilogy back into canon but extend it over several seasons. But all of the new canon novels, etc. have axed the possibility of any conflict taking place between trilogies since the New Republic cancelled the military (Aftermath), the only real Imperial Remnant fucked off to the Unknown Regions (Battlefront 2), and then they didn't reform as the First Order we're familiar with and begin consolidating power until shortly before TFA (Bloodline).

The only other option is to have him go back to Unknown Regions and be an antihero helping the Chiss fight off whatever nebulous threat they're so scared off. But that contradicts the Bendu implying he'll die because of a popular uprising. In fact Thrawn HIMSELF is very contradictory in the new canon, being an antihero in the novel(s) and a cold-blooded baddie in the cartoon.

Really, there's no reason for him to even exist in this new canon. He served a purpose in the early EU as a singular bad guy who represented the militaristic and governmental power of the Empire (as opposed to Palpatine and Vader, who were the spiritual dark side aspect of the Empire), like Tarkin if Tarkin had survived. The only reason he's even a thing in the new canon is to be fanservice for people who liked him in the old canon.

Remake of Droids

This is getting out of hand, now there are two of them.

Plagueis but this time he's a neimoidian

because you're an ancap sith-did-nothing-wrong memer, femkrennic is cute tho

:(

star trek but star wars
that is, a story about the crew of a capital ship

not so fast

Thanks

he can fight whatever filoni and zahn invent in the unknown regions to de-cuck sheev after rians snoke curveball.

Spaghetti Western style bounty Hunter movie

Whats this pic from? im interested in looking this up

Then we shall make our own crew.

An adaptation of the Death Troopers novel.

I would say Plagueis but someone already said it.

I love TCW to death and genuinely think its the pinnacle of the series, but I hate TCWfags that hate everything new and shit on Filoni/Rebels. If I can appreciate some of the amazing stuff Rebels has given the franchise, including directly for TCW fans, so can they.

TCWfags arent as bad as EUfags, but they are blending together somewhat and its getting annoying.

Thrawn isn't going to die. He's going to be Frozen in Carbinite.

it's the droids user

i like burlesque gonk droid

Mini-series about various individuals showing how pivotal moments in the franchise impacted the life of ordinary day-to-day people and which small role they might've played in it. They're all slightly connected like the rifle connects the characters in the movie Babel.

No human MCs though, fuck that shit.

The Misadventures of Zayne and Graph - The Animation

It's also getting to the point where people honest to god think TCW is part of the EU and fits perfectly well with it.

I'm guessing these guys don't bother reading because "reading is too hard" because if they'd bothered reading a Clone Wars era novel released before TCW, they'd realize TCW wouldn't fit.

CIS crew

I love TCW and I've seen that almost all of the most vitriolic complaints against Rebels come from fans of TCW saying that it doesn't match up to whatever aspect of TCW they put on a pedestal. Again it's hypocritical and similar to EUfags because a canon purge and official Lucasfilm recognition and coordination of content was exactly what they'd been asking for for a decade but when it happened they cried. So when Filoni basically continues TCW in Rebels what do they do? Complain and say its not good enough.

At least they've never stooped so far as to pool money to buy a fucking billboard bitching at Disney, I don't think anything will ever match that pathetic show.

Manga. We have someone here doing a translation for us

the hats are edited in

Can someone edit this to say 'Another one of those threads?'

*Gryph

I just like the fact of how alien CIS are, while not technicly falling under "typical alien invaders" archtype. It's a shame that there isn't more information on their internal politics: like what were the internal relations of species that made up their coalition.

You're welcome, his art is really cool. Also interesting to see the thought process that goes into making some box art/trade dress for some toys.

Grievous Romantic War Story.

Title: Passion for Qymaen jai Sheelal.

>while not technicly falling under "typical alien invaders" archtype
you fool that's when the separatists are at their best

meant to post an image with it, sorry.

Make that a sentient Gonk droid that carries ammo instead of being a battery

Damn, his gf was cute

Sounds cool thanks.

Yeah thats the thing, sure TCW ended early, but it was still 121 episodes fucking long, which is HUGE for a tv show, let alone an animated one - And it wasnt a part of the EU, it was actually the start of the official Multimedia Canon beyond the movies. But for some reason, theres a large group of TCWfags that decided to pick the EUfag side of the argument, it makes no sense.

Yeah pretty much. I'm not going to pretend that Rebels is as good as TCW for many obvious reason, but it still is a fantastic show that Filoni poured his hear into, and caters immensely to TCW fans by including Rex, Ahsoka, Hondo and more.

And lets not pretend like Twilight of the Apprentice isn't one of the greatest pieces of Star Wars media of all time.

A Clone Wars movie away from the main characters. Marketed as a "prequel story done right".

You should probably have mentioned that it's from the Lost Stars manga.

Here you go, friend.

> these animu faces
hue

Also, you could've done a Maul with him and made him survive Kenobi.

Any time, it shows how charming Tarkin can be, and his human side

republic dogs get out

>I'm not going to pretend that Rebels is as good as TCW for many obvious reason
I don't need to pretend, I hold the opinion outright that Rebels is better than TCW in many ways, it manages to be twice as good with half the budget, that's the skill and talent of Filoni et al that after 5+ years of work on TCW they manage to match and exceed it while handicapped by Disney. Not to denigrate TCW in any way, but it had everything going for it, while Rebels had to fight an uphill battle without even the benefit of a honeymoon period.

>I hold the opinion outright that Rebels is better than TCW in many ways

tell me which episode please and I'll try to make one. If not I'll try and figure it out myself.
Something absolutely fucking tickles me about a clone trooper complaining because "it's another one of THOSE planets.", like he's had to deal with a spider planet before and doesn't care for that shit a second time.

you picked an apt reaction image friendo

>And it wasnt a part of the EU, it was actually the start of the official Multimedia Canon beyond the movies. But for some reason, theres a large group of TCWfags that decided to pick the EUfag side of the argument, it makes no sense.

Which is funny because a portion of EUfags outrights shits on TCW, especially the Mandofags.

When did Clones switch over to Phase 2?

A year into the war.

Darth Plagueis as a Muun was a perfect choice.

Araxxusstexyr or however you type his fucking autistic polish mandofag deviantart handle out actually finally watched TCW and started inserting characters like BoKatan and Pre Viszla and even Tar Viszla from Rebels into his horrid OC art because he liked them but hes still sour grapes over the rest of the shows

Season 4 Episode 5

I wish more of the official artworks depicted him like this.

I don't know if it's quite that precise, but it happened at least 1 year before ROTS

TCW also had an uphill battle, it was pretty shafted by the community until Season 3, and didnt hit cult status until season 5, by which of course it was too late and the show was ending.

It was the one episode in season 4 that Wolfpack, R2-D2 and C-3PO were in, the one where they go help a devastated planet.

And now we wait for someone to post his art.

Are you sure its season 4? I thought they had switched to Phase 2 pilot helmets by then, I'm pretty sure Wolfpack was phase 2, that was the one where the droid duo went on Gulliver's Travels right?

I haven't seen a lot of art of him, but they either give him a weird nose or a to-wrinkly face. (Pic related is just regular Muun concept art though)

Didn't mean it like that.
CIS are neat because they are essentially a typical alien invader faction, except that they are essentially inserted to an entirely different setting and actually have somewhat reasonable and grounded motivations to go with their cool aestethics.
I think the main reason why they aren't regarded better is their portrayal in the Phantom Menace, where Neimodeans were just slightly rtoo comical.

Yeah, that episode. I know they would've had phase 2 armor by then but it's the only episode I could think of that had that specific line.