Why do so many American cartoons make Canadians out to be such weirdos or crazy people?

Why do so many American cartoons make Canadians out to be such weirdos or crazy people?

King of the Hill, South Park and their movie. Hell, South Park just bombed us. What did we ever do to you? What do you guys actually think we're like?

Because it's the truth?

Because we're actually really boring.

Because it's generally true? I'm just going to say it having been born into and surrounded by it my entire life, Canadians have the biggest passive-aggressive inferiority complexes of anybody I've come across.

Canada is an entire country full of different personalities. People generally keep to themselves and dont bother other people.

They're just doing their part to fight the negative stereotype that all Canadians are unreasonably polite and friendly.

Because the truth (i.e. canucks are nothing more than americans-in-denial) is boring.

Except when they constantly and obsessively analyse every facet of their existence against the US

Canadians always seem normal at first. But then you start to notice the little things, like getting french fries and dumping a hipflask of gravy on them, or buying a wedding dress and asking if it fits bears.

cuz it's true eh jimbobjoe from down the road got his igloo broke into n they stole all his hockey sticks n collection o timmies cups n took all the toonies out his wallet n he's ridin his moose down to the rcmp station right now

THIS!

Every single Canadian I ever meet in the States acts like this when they talk about their country. They'll be dicks, but be apologetic and self-conscious about their dickishness

Canada fascinates me, as an American, because it's a country of people who look like me and talk like me but have totally different history. And that history impacts the culture, and, in turn, the culture impacts the history. I almost find it exotic, like some weird negaverse version of America.

Every Canadian I've ever met has been indistinguishable from an American until you start talking about American history and they have no idea what's going on. And that's really cool to watch.

canada is pretty much the answer to the question of what american culture would be like if america never became independent

Americans think we're slow eeeehhhh

Americans tend to underestimate Canadians and act surprised when it's not want they expected. Canadians are like teenaged girls; nice to your face, nasty in private.

I've lived in both countries and I've noticed very little difference in the people who live in them

I will say that TPB really improved my image of Canadians.

Americans only have 2 neighbours. Bantering your neighbour is normal.

Wait till you meet a Ukrainian.

We have plenty of those in the US too.

rather be a leaf than a burger

Frig off, Ontario Poster.

Burger here, can confirm.

>What do you guys actually think we're like?
A bunch of talking pussies, like a whole country filled with Stevens Universe, and muslim refugees.

kek

SU's made in the US and le 60% US maymay tho.

Because you Canadians are too nice. It triggers the bully instinct in a lot of Americans, so we can't help but fuck with you a bit. You're just so damn nice, we cant help ourselves.

Its a bit like when you see a cute puppy and you want to pick it up and hug and squeeze it.

Because your prime minister is a gutless feminist and sacrificed the most important right for a functioning republic on the alter of political correctness.

>like getting french fries and dumping a hipflask of gravy on them
go away Veganfag it also needs cheese and ham and sometimes jalapenos

Sup Forums really makes feel like it takes more guts to act politically-correct or just not extreme-right in general than what it takes to do the opposite.

>What did we ever do to you? What do you guys actually think we're like?
Lee Goldson

I thought that was the British?

>too nice

Ya nah, we kidnaped native children and put them in schools to be raped.

Canada was really not a "nice" country until the 50s, and 60s, look at what we did with the natives, Germans, Japanese, Irish and even Ukrainians

Well, you are nice in that you are introspective.

Yeah but it's bad to ignore it and it's also bad to be self-flagellating about it. The hardest thing for a Nation to do is accept that they've done real bad stuff but have enough sense to move past it and look to the future. In Canada we usually just ignore it because it threatens our already barwbones identity, which has declined since the 80s

>and even Ukrainians

eh, fuck them

compare that to the US that just exterminated them...Native American's got shit on no matter how you look at it

you also poxed them though

That first statement could of any country but stereotyping makes for funnier jokes

says the whiny little bitch on the internet

I would say that natives in Canada have things worse than blacks in American do. At least blacks and natives in America know how to function.

As a Leaffag, I can echo what everyone else said about it all being true. Our entire cultural identity since the late 60s has been built upon obsessively trying to prove we're not the US and doing the opposite of what they do, even when it's against our best interest. As a country, we're massive assholes but too much of a beta to own up to it. So we put up the facade of being this ultra polite and altruistic people in the hopes that no one notices our passive aggressive, catty nature.

>Our entire cultural identity since the late 60s has been built upon obsessively trying to prove we're not the US and doing the opposite of what they do, even when it's against our best interest
everyone keeps saying this but what examples of this are there

the one that comes to my mind is Tim Hortons using marketing to parasitically attach itself to the Canadian identity

But that doesn't have to do with us separating ourselves from the US. That has to do with Tim Hortons being clever enough to do so.

I'd rather live in Ontario than New York, but I'll take Colorado over either.

This country fucking deserves it.

>The biggest soyboy on the planet is ruling the country and is a constant embarrassment
But at least we get legal weed in July, hooray

i voted for him and im glad he's our prime minister over fucking Harper

He knocked out a Conservative senator in the ring and ruined the guys career so that balances out for me.

I don't know if the rest of the country's the same way, but living in Alberta all my life has led me to believe we are just as big redneck assholes as america and I'm generally just annoyed and/or disappointed in my jacked up truck, oil rig pig, tobacco spitting idiot neighbors.

what's canada's seattle? I need to go there

Because every facet of Canada's national identity is built around "at least we're not Americans!!!" and that level of insecurity is easy to mock.

because we are literally just northern americans
we're boring
they have to do something to make us stand out

canadians today are very smug. you know how south park is about smug

I feel the same toward America tbqh, I mean you watch shit actually happening there and think "man, this looks exactly like Canada" but at the same time there's just something magical about words like Utah and Idaho and Colorado that stir up romantic feelings; it almost holds the same feeling of awe as fantasy worlds do.
>tfw you will never be American

We Albertian's are basically 'Murika lite, we really don't belong in Canada honestly.
If you want to turn your back on the glory of what should be the 51st American state, go to Toronto, nothing but libshits who think they're the only part of Canada that matters.

More like the australians.
Except for a few things where we try to claim moral superiority over the nips. Namely whaling.