DEAR GOD NO

io9.gizmodo.com/bruce-timm-wants-to-make-a-superman-red-son-animated-a-1822067679

>Timm, an animation legend who served as an executive producer on Gotham By Gaslight and who plays a major role in DC’s animated films in general, said that the story he’d most like to tackle next is Superman: Red Son.

GOD CHRIST WHY DO WE LET THIS GUY KEEP MAKING SHIT.

Neat.

I don't exactly see what the problem is?

Killing Joke and that last Batman animated flick with Harley QUinn are the problem. Timm is okay when he has the right people to rein him in. Left unchecked, he is a blight upon us all.

Its not like Red Son is anything sacred. Its a neat elseworld for the first third until it drops the interesting premise of ''Superman tries to make communism work despite his existence disproving it'' in favour of him becoming the villian in a time skip so we dont see why he chooses to do those things, then a cheap ending which completely misunderstands Lex's character.

nu/co/ hates everything that classic Sup Forums loved, such as Timm.

It's not that we hate it just because Old Sup Forums loved it.

It's that we hate it because Timm is a hack and his artstyle is the only one DC seems to be doing these animated movies in these days.

The Harley movie was fun.
Not perfect, but it was fun.

And ya'll niggas only hate Killing Joke for the Bruce on Babs fucking. The film was great once The Killing Joke part actually started.

>Timm is a hack
See? Now tell us why DnA's cosmic Marvel was shit.

Eh, red son wasn't great. Not much to fuck up.

No, mu/co/ hates KJ because of the forced shipping between Bruce and Babs and Babs randomly attacking an innocent man, mu/co/ also hates the Harley Quinn one because it had Ivy punching out Harley

So shippers and waifufags?

At least it won't be yet another "Batman and various unimportant not-Batman characters do something" movie.

Keith Giffen did more for cosmic Marvel than "Abner Landing" ever did.

>he film was great once The Killing Joke part actually started.

Bullshit, the animation was terrible and the voice acting was downright stilted in most places, it had none of the dynamic colors or even the energy behind it that the two leads normally bring to the table. It was a watered down version of an already short story, and nowhere near the legacy that should have been associated with it.

Everything involving batgirl was shit start to finish but this was some next level shit.

Oh great, more stiff animation, wooden voice acting and weird as fuck sexual content added for no reason.

Checked em. And that’s pretty much all that nu/co/ is, shoppers and waifu fags

Shiieeeet

Man, remember the days when people wanted him to be in charge of the DCEU?
Dodged a bullet there... never trust Sup Forumss suggestions.

Timm's artstyle is great, it's just he needs Paul Dini around to write for him

Harley's movie was boring trash.
Everything about that fucking villain from the first part of the movie is a goddamn crime.

These movies make less and less sense to me. They're basically like premium cape cartoons for adults right? The only ones buying them are adult fans, so why are they all such low quality? Do they just not sell enough to warrant even mediocre animation budgets?

Nah, dude the Starlord mini is just an endless series of one-liners.

Shitty writers.
Shitty artists (I'm sick of that shitty boring artstyle they've been using since JL: War)

>Do they just not sell enough to warrant even mediocre animation budgets?
No, they got their budget severely cut after Flashpoint Paradox.

TKJ was garbage. They cut out some of the best parts of the monologues and the parts they left in managed to capture almost the exact opposite of the emotions they were meant to convey. And all that so Timm could shove his godawful ship in our faces.

>The only ones buying them are adult fans, so why are they all such low quality?

Because that audience doesn't give a fuck. Gotta love that lack of standards.

I have complete faith that Timm will cast Russian Batman as the hero of the story who won't just defeat communist superman but will outwit president Lex and fuck lois Lane.

The budget for the movies got cut severely when Dark Knight Returns part 1 and 2 bombed.

Those and Under the Red Hood are the only ones worth watching anyway

>not The New Frontier
Fag.

I don't like the idea of american-produced wank over imaginary soviet union, especially in current political climate.

I also hate capeshit in general.

How long is Red Son? Timm's better adaptations come from source material that is long enough to make into a movie, so he doesn't have to fill it in with dumb bullshit.

Long enough for a feature-length film, at least.

ie. They weren't selling well enough to warrant higher budgets.

Did I huff paint?

Doesnt this movie already exist

>Art Style is the one DC only uses
>Not the generic YJ style in every other DC animated film

Atleast Bruce Tim can experiment with styles and can get serious and comedic when it needs to. The Jim Lee knockoff style is shit

No, that's a motion comic.

Except Timm doesn't experience with styles when it comes to these movies because DCAU nostalgia and budget/time limits.

*experiment

It'd be nice if they all actually had his style.

Red Son is actually something that easily translates into a 70 minute movie.

Oh boy I can't wait for this movie to be all about Red Son's Batman, with the all original Red Son Harley Quinn.

New Frontier is a mess, it falls apart in the climax, it was trying to cram too much stuff in without having enough time to flesh most of it out and as a whole it is too hodgepodge to tell an engaging straightforward story.

Time for Superman to have awkward unnecessary sex with Lois and Lex and for Kevin Conroy to come back with a terrible accent.

Seriously, DC, let Timm go or bring him back down to at least surface level signs of sanity.

True, it's a shame because I like the interpretations of all the characters

I liked Killing Joke. It wasnt half bad.
Red Son Superman will be interesting and I am looking forward to watching it.
The Harley movie was dumb tho. Had funny moments, but it all smacked of the writers spending about a full 10 minutes on the plot.

Fucking each other in front of Superman so he gives up his way and joins in?

When will DC finally cave and realize people just want to see Superman and Batman hook up? The sexual tension has gone unresolved for over half a century.

last good DCAU movie passing by

I mean what's the worst he can do?
Add one extra hour that expands on a minor character and makes it worse?

>his artstyle is the only one DC seems to be doing these animated movies in these days.

This is objectively false you fucking casual

Unpopular opinion maybe, but I dislike Red Son, the story is alright and in general it's an alright book, but the ending where Superman's heritage comes up really irks me, I don't think it adds anything to the story. I dislike when a writer tries to explain how the powers work, or how the dual identity works well, or how everything is connected. It shouldn't be a documentary, just a good story.

Just pair him with the same writers behind this and it'll be good

Nah, Killing Joke was precisely half bad.

>Timm is a hack

Imagine saying this on Sup Forums six years ago.

Fucking incredible.

To be fair he only got himself to blame.

Him or Paul Dinni. what is the last thing Bruce Timm and Paul Dinni did together?

Yes!

IIRC The Harley & Ivy mini back in the early 2000s

How? Every one of his characters looks the exact same except a costume change and gender. And thats quite a feat to pull off in an industry that reuses the same models all the time.

you're an embarassment, just leave

Stefan Kapicic needs to voice Superman in this.

Too bad his He-Mam was shit and his shitty Not-GotG comic at DC tanked so hard.

Remember when one of Timm's biggest complaints was that DC should focus more on original stories instead of just adapting popular comics?

What broke him?

As long as we get more Supes movies instead of more BATWANK ones, I'm ok with this.

Reminder we are getting a Death and Return of Superman two-parter later this year and early 2019

Gods and Monsters flopping. Too bad, I liked it and the universe.

t. brainlet

as long as he sticks to script it will be fine

Fuck God, hell yeah

Just like TKJ.

Not so >we hate it just because

Timm was able to do something interesting that had not really been done before with the DCAU, but towards the end it was clear it was losing stream. Losing their main writer was an issue. Dini can be good in small amounts, I wouldn't want to see an eighteen issue run of comic books OR a season long animated show just written by Dini, and I'd be more comfortable if Dini was in charge of an Elseworld animated line than Timm.

Timm isn't that imaginative now that so many other people have been and are playing in the animated superhero arena. For example, I don't think Miller and Lord are that talented either: Lego Batman was a throw everything to the screen and something should stick, or unimaginative/not that funny collection of tropes at best, but their current work is far superior to Timm's current work.

Because their target audience keeps pirating them

I would much rather Our Cereal Lord do his job and tell Timm no and have them adapt if for live action, as they thought about. Doing a collection of good Elseworld adaptations, which could be done with a 100-150M budget (they could film this in Russia or Eastern Europe very inexpensively, for example) would be a good way to soft reboot the DC Films versus something as idiotic as a crappy story arc like Flashpoint in or around 2019/2020.

Red Son is a terrible story.

Imagine being too dumb to understand a simple book like Red Son. Goddamn, dude.

it could be really good if they make it different than the comic. yes i know that sounds weird, but the comic wasn't that great. there was no reason for a batman character to be there, and it didn't touch on the proxy wars that the u.s. was/is waging either. toppling democratically elected leadership, setting up puppet dictators, etc

I didn't watch the last one, but Killing Joke sucked because the original story didn't have enough material for an 80-minute movie, leading to them making shitty OC to extend the story. Red Son has more than enough material to make a movie. It is going to be fine.

>Timm is a hack and his artstyle is the only one DC seems to be doing these animated movies in these days.
None of these movies are in his artstyle you fucking retard.

You seem to make no differentiation between what Timm decides to do, and what executives order him to do.

Killing Joke with BrucexBarbara smutfic? Yeah, that's got Timm written all over it.

The Harley Quinn movie? Definitely an executive decision.

>The Harley Quinn movie? Definitely an executive decision.

Nope, totally Timm

The Killing Joke had a budget of 3 million dollars. That is Spongebob Squarepants episode-tier.

So what do you think Timm will add in?
>Harley Quinn is Lex Luthor's assistant/lover
>Barbara Gordon equivalent is fellow freedom fighter/lover to Soviet Batman
>Soviet Superman has an affair with Lois Lane
>Wonder Woman farting scene

>*BRRRRRAP*
>I-I'm so sorry, Kal. This food, 'Borsch', is *FRRRRRRRRT*, is much different from what we eat on Paradise Island *BRRRRRRRRRRAP*. I-I think I need to go to the restro-*PRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBP*...nevermind.

Only if they use this style

Thousands of korean animators would die from exhaustion

Koreans are expendable.

Flashpoint and Justice League: Gods and Monsters came out after that though.

Tims Red son? Let me guess. wonder Woman will rape Supes and then BRAAPP in Drunk Batman's face. Timms a fucking Hack pls tell him never to make another Animated film again. Shitty Killing Joke and Harley and Batman was some of the worst animated movies created.

Didn't they already make this though?
I could've sworn they did a Superman vs Doomsday movie.

It was a ridiculously loose adaption of it. Doomsday was only in for a few minutes, there were clones, but no superboy, I don't think Cyborg Superman, Steel or That Other Guy, even made an appearance.

If Spongebob is 3 million per episode, it's because the voice actors are being paid a fuckton due to how long the show has been running. Most animated series are less than a million per half hour episode.

>Batman
>Good
haha.

You want more Superman stories where Supes get shit on?

It's sad because that's a real possibility.

Better than DC spamming terrible Badman movies. And I don't recall any Superman movie where he gets shit on.

I'm actually OK with this.The color pallet already fits Timm's art style.

Good thing we have two Koreas.

I'm surprised they're still doing these DTVs if they're not selling as well.

it genuinely isn't very good for most of it, pretty boring besides Conquest