ITT: Obscure as fuck Hanna-Barbera characters that will never see the light of day again

ITT: Obscure as fuck Hanna-Barbera characters that will never see the light of day again.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NBoAb20Iiec
youtube.com/watch?v=GB7zTWbl4Lw
m.youtube.com/watch?v=HFyhnInRO68
youtube.com/watch?v=4On14MnZEs0
youtube.com/watch?v=WtW6wS3z97Q
youtube.com/watch?v=GHBJL3q_W-Q
youtube.com/watch?v=jFQkPBYlP_8
youtube.com/watch?v=xUl3bzaEf9A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I guess Ruff and Reddy fit into this category.

remember columbo the dog?

There is a comic nowadays.

Yes, I remember Blue Muttley. But do you remember Long Muttley?

>they'll never see the light of DAY again

THE GREAT FONDOO!
From what I hear, it was their lazy-ass way of including Muttley in Laff-A-Lympics because some other network owned the rights to Muttley at the time or something.

these shitty tom and jerry knock-offs

I don't even..

And I unironically enjoyed Devlin.
youtu.be/NBoAb20Iiec

What if they never really saw the day in the first place?

youtube.com/watch?v=GB7zTWbl4Lw

Wait Till Your Father Gets Home.

Maybe DC will Reboot him as a rapist?

Only memorable because of the Spanish dub it got.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=HFyhnInRO68

He won't ever see the light of day again, unless all of the other CN characters call in sick.
youtube.com/watch?v=4On14MnZEs0

> Beatnik cat in the original
> Andaluz cat in the Latinamerican dub because Lobezno y la onda vital, mañe!

No, because the VA was a Spanish exile.

>HONG
>KONG
>PHOOEY

>implying anybody could forgot the hot phone girl

who doesnt know the #1 super guy

I just remember it for the Thicc waifu in one episode.

That time The Fonz traveled through time.
youtube.com/watch?v=WtW6wS3z97Q

Every single Hanna-Barbera characters except Scooby and the Flinestones are obscure as fuck. Yo Yogi killed the franchise as a whole, and Boomerang killed any chances of them getting a rerun. Only Chad Rocco from Familiar Faces gives a shit about them.

Lots of these I watch always on tooncast .

People remember them at the very least for historical purposes.

Only memorable cuz of shitty CN bumpers
youtube.com/watch?v=GHBJL3q_W-Q

Didn't they create Boomerang for stuff like this?

Yeah, but Boomerang stopped airing old cartoons years ago. Now they have Teen Titans Go and a whole lot of things.

Ha. I get it. It's a play on words from Loop the loop and Lupus, Latin for Wolf.

Elaborate, I’ve never seen Ruff and Reddy.

I remember the girl Cupcake, though I won't say from where.

Hanna Barbera wanted to make a Doctor Who cartoon but when the BBC said no they went for Happy Days instead.

Watched this but remember NOTHING.

They're NEVER going to relaunch this thing for VERY OBVIOUS reasons.

>The Roud House.jpg

The Hooded Claw

Why not? Just keep the 70s fashion and update the vocals. Wasn't Charlie Chan's speaking just an act?

kek

Pretty much any of the licensed stuff like that or Laverne and Shirley Join the Army.

Recently rewatched this, brought back a lot of vague memories of secretly watching late night Cartoon Network when I was little.

Say it. You're anonymous online.

Doug Winger. That's all I will say on that.

youtube.com/watch?v=jFQkPBYlP_8

dude, the dub was mexican.

If we see him being a LPer at some point then many chemical reactions will be had.

THEY

ALL

HAVE

AMERICAN

FIRST NAMES

It was Hanna-Barbera’s first show for TV.

Ah that period of time where they had shows just to have hot chicks in them doing things.

Damn I miss that era .

They're Charlie Chan's kids. Why wouldn't they?

Ah, ok. I might check it out, it honestly looks adorable.
Hanna Barbara stuff is hit-and-miss with me but it’s all pretty comfy.

Charlie Chan wasn't even Asian, he was Hispanic

Nah, I think it was Nelvana that was tasked to do Who.

Henry and Stanley were about half the show.

They couldn't make a remake of this because the concept of ten brothers and sisters would be too alien to this generation.

I'm honestly surprised after the success of sherlock no one tried doing a sjw pozed charlie chan remake.

But the VA was Andalucian actor Florencio "El Curro" Castelló.

It wouldn't be all that difficult to adapt to modern (hyper-)sensibilities anyway, just write a Sherlock Holmes who happens to be Chinese. Panders to SJWs and China in one swoop.

You know you're obscure when you take second billing after Heathcliff.

Scooby clone, but from a character comparison Fangface > Scooby.

I didn’t know HB even did a Heathcliff cartoon.

Between this and Catillac Cats, I can’t believe Heathcliff is such a shit character he can’t have his own show without made-up characters.

He also shared a show with Marmaduke.

Wasn't this by Ruby-Spears?

Oops. Yep, you're right.

I don’t blame you, it could’ve fooled me.

HB were masterminds at making cheap affordable shows with literally the same exact premises and characters, but with minor changes. People may not like the shows now, but that was a genius business practice that helped lead to TV animation becoming mainstream.

They're still obscure but they have a comic out right now that reimagines them as asshole has-been actors trying to get back to the top.

>Yo Yogi killed the franchise as a whole, and Boomerang killed any chances of them getting a rerun.

That's mainly because WB didn't know what to do with them after the buyout. They kept Scooby going because it was probably HB's most popular franchise and Flintstones probably because of the cereal and vitamins.

They were far from the best of quality (though a case can be made for Jonny Quest), but they were pretty effective.

I find it really weird that the preview comic had them looking closer to their H-B designs...

But then with the new artist they went in a different design direction.

>Aquaman front and center
>GL, Supes and Batman all thrown in the back

Once upon a time, yeah.

Wacky Races was made in conjuction with another company, so HB couldn't use the rights to the characters with that company's involvement. This is also why Mumbly and the Red Baron show up in Yogi and the Spruse Goose instead of DD and Muttly.

I think they noticed everybody else using more realistic styles and adapted in kind.

I didn't realize hana Barbara made so much stuff.

>I didn’t know HB even did a Heathcliff cartoon.

They didn't. That's Ruby-Spears.

They've done a great deal of things during their history, even anti-drug PSAs: youtube.com/watch?v=xUl3bzaEf9A

And I just learned this evening that they provided early design sketches for the first Crash Bandicoot game.

>And I just learned this evening that they provided early design sketches for the first Crash Bandicoot game
Yeah, and some were from /ourguy/ Butch Hartman, nonetheless.

Since when did most people in the 1970s have that many siblings? That was an era with some really friggin' low birthrates.

Most of the time it’s because network execs saw how successful these shows were and had HB commission similar stuff. Almost everything they made were clones of Yogi Bear, Flintstones, Scooby-Doo, or Jonny Quest, and later the Smurfs, they’re last big hit series before the Turner buyout.

Oh Doug. Can we take a moment to appreciate just how harmless a degenerate freak he was? No tumblr, no twitter, kept to himself and his online friends.

All he wanted to do was draw giant dong women.

>That's mainly because WB didn't know what to do with them after the buyout

More than half the HB characters are based on dated parodies of 1950s-60s celebrities. How many people would even realize now that Snagglepuss is supposed to be Tennessee Williams?

shoyu weenie

>mfw I decided to look up how old the water park near is
>mfw its even older then I thought and was once a different theme park altogether
>mfw it was Hanna Barbara land

>How many people would even realize now that Snagglepuss is supposed to be Tennessee Williams?

You fucking moron, that was a thing made for the new comic. Cartoon Snagglepuss was based on Bert Lahr.

Most kids don't know about the parodies or references to begin with so it shouldn't even matter. How many people knew Foghorn Leghorn was based on Senator Claghorn? It's such a fucking dumbass concern to have. If you know the reference that's great, but knowledge of the reference is not required to watch the cartoon.

There were rumors not too long ago of him getting his own movie, I don't think he's obscure enough for this thread.

My dad sings this song all the goddamn time.

Cute girls doing cute things lives on eternally in the Nihon.

i remember that Harvey Birdman episode

Chan looks stoned as fuck.

I would actually be impressed if the people over at Turner decided to greenlight a reboot to this Archie wannabe.

Am I the only one who finds Chessie kind of adorable?

Okay that fucking catgirl in the middle is literally just Cat Daphne.

Fuck this had a catchy theme song for some reason

Pic related

>What is The Loud House

Okay we need to do process of elimination here, to see how super-obscure we can go.

-Take out Scooby-Doo and Flintstones since they're the most prominent properties they still use
-Take out anything that had a cartoon or comic in the last 15 years (Birdman, Space Ghost, Wacky Races, etc)
-Take out any character who appeared on Harvey Birdman
-Take out any character who cameoed in other cartoons on Cartoon Network (ie Yogi was on Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy)
-Take out any character that's part of the DC Comics H-B revamp since last year (ie Ruff and Ready)
-HARD MODE: Take out anything that was licensed from outside H-B (Super Friends--Remember, WB didn't own H-B yet, Amazing Chan Clan, Josie and the Pussycats, etc)

How obscure can we get?

The show first aired in 1972 and according to wiki the youngest kid was 6. If you take that into account all of Charlie Chan's kids would've been born in the 1950's and 1960's.

When do they still use the Flintstones for anything but vitamins?

>When do they still use the Flintstones for anything but vitamins?

I'd also say that even if it's just cereal and vitamins, Flintstones would still have more exposure than most H-B cartoon characters had in the last 20 years.

They were made because MGM still owned Tom and Jerry at the time.

Licensed from Harvey Comics; now belongs to NBCUniversal unlike most H-B Productions TV shows.

>How obscure can we get?
Terrytoons-tier obscure.

>Pixie and Dixie and Jinks
>obscure
They're pretty much mid-high tier among the HB animal cartoon characters in terms of popularity. They're not as popular as, say, Quickdraw or Snaggelpuss, but they're far from obscure.