Who was this show even made for?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/COtXuGAdsBc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

People who watch Family Guy

Seth MacFarlane's ego

not for me, i know that
ye$ ¢an't be that haha

I actually liked some of the episodes. Some of them.

why not all. buy the ones you dont like

White people who want to seem "woke" but not "too woke" for their friends and family.

Remember Cleveland from Family Guy? Literally Peter’s least-interesting friend? Let’s give him a show! Also, just make him Peter, make his son fat, and make the rest of the family diet Griffins.

It was never great, but I thought it was still better than modern Family Guy and American Dad.

A black guy who’s never met another black guy

Apparently, some black guy who's never met another black guy.

>"The Cleveland Show is the reason black people don't have TV shows."

What did MarsReviews mean by this?

I didn't hate it

This is a black thing isn't it?

>Also, just make him Peter, make his son fat

Did they ever address this? I remember Cleveland Jr. as the hyperactive kid singing the Honeycombs jingle.

I thought that was the joke. The most passive and docile guy having an ADD kid who bounces off the wall.

But now he's just fat and dumb and mentally undeveloped for his age, like Peter's son?

They joked that the real Cleveland Jr. was killed and replaced by fatty.

I always wanted to believe they got him medicine to reduce his hyperactive behavior, but it also reduced his metabolism thus fat

I was about to say something like this, because basically this.

Nah, they do this kind of thing in McFarlane shows. They just totally shift the characterization of someone without explanation or they vanish completely.

And this setup is the standard McFarlane family model.
>Childish dad
>hot wife
>really uncool loser son
>crazy rebellious bitch daughter
>Wacky wildcard that has multiple personas each episode
>talking animal

Black people who like Family Guy. FG is a parody of whitebred family sitcoms, Cleveland Show is a parody of black family sitcoms.

>Combine roles as needed

>They just totally shift the characterization of someone
Cleveland Jr was in... what, 2 episodes? He was a non-character until Cleveland show.

Unironically me. The first season of Cleveland was better than whatever season of FG was airing at that time. I dropped them both sometime around S2 of Cleveland though.

Rolo might be black-stewie, but I legitimately liked him better.

Rolo? It's Rallo

Would you make me a sandwich?

whatever, idk how it's spelled. you knew who I was talking about though

That's actually what they said in a couple episodes. Cleveland Jr's ADD medicine made him fat and stupid.

The fact that this was exactly what Chris Griffin was like and thus, really easy to write for - probably just a coincidence.

Even a shit show can have some decent episodes

Cleveland Jr. essentially became Black Peter, with extra black people jokes to make sure you know he's black.

Me.

It's easier to makr fat jokes than hyperactive adhd jokesI suppose.

Cleveland Show was going to have the TBS slot but Fox shit the whole thing so FG got it instead.

Cleveland Show didn't parody any black sitcoms. The fact that it was family guy with black characters doesn't make it a black show

this show had more "lol the writers are jewish" jokes than "lol black characters" one.
Literally no characters were black besides the main family anyway so it really failed to be black FG

Say what you want, Cleveland was a better Peter than Peter ever was.

Cleveland's show was an ethnic attempt at things Family Guy didn't have room to do. It wasn't a black show per say, but rather a show featuring a black family.

(and it's a dead giveaway when you consider how vanilla Cleveland is here compared to his usual time in Family Guy)

Seth knows black humor but still does not get it.

I liked the Die Hard parody and when Cleveland's wife dies episodes, just off my head.

I'm just remembering one of the first jokes in the first episode, about "shows white people make that they think black people would like" and I'm just like "like this show?"

I'm white so black anons please confirm.

I put it on once in a blue moon as background noise
Any good lewds of Roberta?

I'm a niggnog and I never liked this show much. I remember one-time a friend and I smoked a shit load of synthetic weed and watched like 10 episodes in a row and laughed like maniacs.

Could not enjoy the show sober. Also, drugs are stupid.

I dislike Family guy too, funnily enough, I enjoy American Dad the most of the 3 shows.

It's an amazing background noise show.

I don't remember any episodes very well but I fucking loved this bit
youtu.be/COtXuGAdsBc

Hell can it be not great but better than american dad which is a great show.

It's at least better than king of the hill.

>drugs are stupid.
I agree.

I did it

I think it would have been better without the pause between words.

But then I suppose they couldn't do the zooms.

im surprised it got cancelled before american dad did

I'm not really big on the whole diversity bullshit but the character was literally changed into a minstrel, he is a purely comic foil with a comical appearance, is mentally subnormal and literally speaks like a minstrel calling his stepmother Miss Donna, not that I give a shit but this was genuinely meant to be aimed at black people.

>synthetic weed
Don't mess with anything synthetic, it will fuck you right up

Sex.

Me, I Unironically enjoyed it

he left on season 2 because fox didn't let him work and it was their idea to make Cleveland show, to the point that FG still laughs at it because fox thought that Cleveland would be a great show to counter the Boondocks...

which failed because Both series are dead, even Seth forbade the team to use Rallo, Roberta and any character from Cleveland show due to how bad they were, they even killed Donna's mother offscren during the Korean episode

His wife's fat ass was the best thing in the show.