What went wrong?

When I first watched it, I thought it was pretty good but something was off about Season 2, now after recently rewatching the entire series, theirs definitely something wrong.

-Rushed S2 storyline
-Lopsided character development and writing
-The main villain degenerated at his peak

The foundation is sturdy and the structure is beautiful when you step back and take it all in, but as your eyes scale up, you can see where the spire slants away from the rest of the work and how someone tied a banner around where the tip got dented to try and hide it.

>presents a list of Sup Forums talking points as facts
As usual.

If by talking points you mean general consensus, then yes. These are problems a wide range of viewers noticed.

Alex Hirsch got burned out and quit at S2 of a planned 3-season story, because he was and is a little bitch

No, those are problems a wide range of viewers started to "notice" after Sup Forums told them about them.
There are some very small things season 2b and the show in general did wrong but they're nitpicks.

user stop going to threads having a legitimate disscussion on the show's flaws and dismissing them as "nitpicks" or "Sup Forums's collective imaginations", this is like the fourth time you have done this.

>a legitimate disscussion on the show's flaws
No. You're the one(s) reposting the same fucking points over and over again, the ones that I have refuted... over and over again. So fuck off already.

Im not the same guy who posted the talking points or OP, Im just telling you to fuck off since I have observed almost everytime there's a thread talking about how disappointing the second season of Gravity Falls was, you would pop up, tell the OP that the show has no flaws and say you already refuted their points.

user, you don't actually think that every user reads your posts dismantling cartoon talking points, right?

I liked Gravity Falls, but a lot of people here do agree that Bill's more mysterious appearances were his strongest, when no one was quite sure of his capabilities. But when he introduced "the fearamid" and his goons, people were disappointed that he was just a schlocky mustache twiddling villain.

No point in getting upset about it. If you disagree and you think the show was perfection, no point in being in a thread where the OP opens with their thoughts that there was a problem

A lot.

>Bill's more mysterious appearances were his strongest, when no one was quite sure of his capabilities. But when he introduced "the fearamid" and his goons, people were disappointed that he was just a schlocky mustache twiddling villain.

Looks like Alex Hirsch subverted our expectations

Sup Forums is a stupid circle jerk but something like "Stan got his memories back too fast" is a pretty common complaint. I think there are problems but they are nitpicks, too. Probably we were originally supposed to get 3 seasons and a movie made for TV, and the finale would have been the movie, and some of the biggest issues would have been fixed like Mabel's character development or lack thereof and Stan's stuff going too quickly.

They messed up their own timeline and never went into the backstory of best character.

and they didn't make grunkle4grandpa canon

>grunkle4grandpa

What?

they had to cut a lot out of their original plans because the fans were figuring out the mysteries and hirsche didn't want to drag it on too long without any surprises left.

>they didn't go into the backstory of Stan
>despite the entire episode centred around him being a con artist and being forced to accept his brothers shack to rescue his brother, while using it as a means to fund his research

Nah. No back story at all for Grunkle Stan.

Season 1 was fun with a hint of mystery, Season 2A delved deeper into the plot, Not What He Seems was the best episode and the peak of the series, Season 2B felt off when watching it but in retrospect it feels rushed and has a different feel than Season 2A, probably because a lot of Season 3 ideas were crammed into 2B.
The finale had its ups and downs but I liked it overall. It's not often a show has a definite and somewhat satisfying ending.

The same thing that kills a lot of other modern cartoons: The creators want to go for dat "internet fame" so they appeal to the lowest common denominator of internet geek. The liberal voting, Nintendo obsessing nuMale and his fat koolaid hair dyed female controller. Jokes become far less timed, instead inserting awkward misfired references ("Hey, listen!") and forced appearances from whatever liberal scumbag piece of shit Alex could lure in (LouisCK worked out great in retrospect huh?). By the time Alex remembered he had a story to conclude, he had four episodes left and just glued some shit together involving Bill who was underwhelming as a final boss.

I really can't see how the general consensus is "Season 1 was good but Season 2 wasn't".
I think that season 1 had too many "Dipper likes Wendy" episodes crammed in. That thing got so much time of the first season that I felt a bit tricked. I was glad that they finished that in S2 because we all knew it will not go anywhere.
In short, at least season 2 didn't have that.

To me, Season 1 was pretty much just a fairly mediocre and unremarkable monster of the week show

It was extremely funny, though.

In terms of genuinely-funny-jokes-per-minute it is very likely the best cartoon ever.

Fuck off witchfag

>inb4 creepypasta shit

What do you mean?

>that whole pic
An absolute shame.

Hey, GF was actually better in that department. Of course, it can't really compete elsewhere, if only due to being mainly episodic for half its length...