So is he evil or not?

Sup Forums's pretty divided on this, and I'm not knowledgeable enough about Stark to know who's right and who's not. Are the Starkfags in the right, or are the Starkhaters correct?

Other urls found in this thread:

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Iron-Man-Fatal-Frontier-Infinite-Comic
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He's a dickhead. That's all that needs to be said.

He's an anti-villain.

Stark is a manchild, hehnnn... believing the world to be his playground. He still plays with toys, but toys with mass destruction capabilities.
Don't believe his lies! I have proof that he takes part in the Bilderberger, Hellfire Club and Illuminati.
His main goal is total control over the world and monopolization of all technologies.

>Hellfire Club and Illuminati.
Well, yeah, that's canon.

>His main goal is total control over the world and monopolization of all technologies.
Dunno about the former, but the latter is canon as well.

What does anti-villain even mean at this point?

Being a dickhead doesn't make someone good or bad.

He's just a very flaw human

>flawed*

Only correct answer so far. He's not a hero or a villain the traditional sense, but in the Ancient Greek one. He's a Tragic Hero. A protagonist with positive and negative traits who tries to bring justice to the world and sate his deepest, selfish desires, but ends up being blinded by his hybris.

He's most definitely not evil, but he'd be happier and have a much better life if he just became a supervillain. But he cares too much to ever do that.

(OP)
I'd post my opinion on Tony Stark, but Iposted it before on /m/ and I don't want to retype that shit.

Also this.

>An Anti-Villain is the opposite of an Anti-Hero — a villain with heroic goals, personality traits, and/or virtues. Their desired ends are mostly good, but their means of getting there are evil.

-TV Tropes

But that'spretty much what Anti-Hero has devolved into.

But an anti-villain is an antagonist

But Stark headlines his own book so he's a Protagonist regardless of alignment.

Read Iron Man: Fatal Frontier

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Iron-Man-Fatal-Frontier-Infinite-Comic

It's Ewing's wonderful summation of what is foul and what is fantastic about Tony Stark. The unfortunate implications, the tragic realities, and the noble dreams of the most human super scientist in the Marvel universe.

He hates muties just like I do, Mr. Stark is a good man. What a strong guy!

DAS RITE! BASED!

>Fatal Frontier
Best Iron Man story in a decade at least and a great story by itself

What’s going on here?

It's from X-Men Forever. Turns out the Starks and Trasks are family, and so Tony and Trask's daughter, who are cousins, create a device that'll kill every mutant. In the end he gets a change of heart and sacrifices himself to destroy the device. Which, conveniently, happens just as the X-Men arrive, and he mentions he was "very close" to making the other choice.

So, uh, yay...?

Did he bone his cousin?

Not that I know of.

SuperOny is cheating.He's clearly the hero we need.

Ultimate Tony > 616 Tony

Kill all muties!

AGREED.

It depends on the writer. When I grew up, Iron Man / Tony Stark was a superhero and a good man.

Even Matt Fraction wrote him as an essentially well-meaning person who was trying to do more than save the world from destruction, he was trying to help people by giving them access to clean water, medication and by removing mine fields and shit.

...Is what your mother told me.

>Stark headlines his own book

Oh, does he? He hasn't in over a year.

>Oh, does he? He hasn't in over a year.
>1 year vs ~6 decades
You sure showed me user!

Bad example: that was when he was inversed. So if he was bad when he was his photo-negative self, that means he must actually be good.

At this point in time - yes.

Allow an old man his bitterness.

So, I've never really been interested in Tony, but you guys have piqued my interest. What specific runs and shit should I read about him?

Startfrom Tales of Suspense and work your way towards Fraction's run. Iron Man's a character that you need to read everything, to get the impact of the stories.