What non big 2 comics do you love?

What non big 2 comics do you love?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LyYWEvToD0o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Jeff Lemire’s stuff (Essex County, Underwater Welder, Sweet Tooth), Kurt Busiek (Astro City and Conan) Sean Phillips and Edbrubaker (Criminal, Fatale, Kill or be Killed, The Fade Out)

Hellboy

Are we counting the creator owned stuff from the Big Two like Vertigo and Icon?

Always a good choice. Any other recommendations from Dark Horse. I haven’t read much from them outside of Conan

I Hate Fairlyland
The comic where she kills all the Image characters and makes friends with a very silly looking Spawn was fantastic

Scud the Disposable Assassin
Calvin and Hobbes

Jeff Lemire's work is a strong contender as well.

Nah, op just means not within the big 2 superhero universes

Black Hammer

America's Best Comics - Tom Strong, Prmethea, Top 10, Tomorrow Stories, all fantastic stuff.
Bone, I fucking love Bone.
Hellboy, the whole Mignolaverse in general I love so much, Abe is my guy(fish).

The Wildstorm Universe, specifically the Authority, Sleeper & Wildcats 3.0 era, I love it for doing the superheroes are serious bit, but still remembering they were comics that people had to want to read

Blue Valkrie, I've never read it but I love it all the same
youtube.com/watch?v=LyYWEvToD0o

How many non big 2 comics are you allowed to own as American before being registered by the police?

I love comics based on properties i like. Power Rangers, Powerpuff Girls, Aliens.

Oh and i love Spawn.

> The Wake
> Ron Marz's Witchblade & the events & mini series that spun out of it.
> Predator - The Bloody Sands of Time
> Godzilla - The Half Century War
Seriously read that shit, among the best Godzilla stories in any medium. Desperately needs to be made into a dead serious gritty war movie Rogue One style.

Agreed
double agreed
If Hellboy works for you then try all other non-Hellboy-related Mignola stuff they have (Baltimore, Mr Higgins Comes Home etc)
Also I highly recommend all Mask comics that were written by Arcudi.
Also Concrete is amazing.
Also Godzilla in Hell is highly recommended

I think I own more non-big2 these days.
Like some of them seem like stuff so small time I HAVE to buy the floppies and support so they can make it to issue 6+ alone.
And others it's like "you can spend $15-30 on a couple of superhero trades that are a small part of this long ongoing run, or you can spend $20-35 on this graphic novel that makes up the entire story".

Don't know about love.
But I liked both Supurbia & Secret Identities.

>Concrete
I think it's a rock solid series.

Concrete and Love & Rockets are the two from the "B&W 80's/90's wave" that I just can't really get a handle on. Which is weird because I like stuff like Stray Bullets, Bacchus, Cerebus, Strangers in Paradise, etc. Maybe I should give it another chance.

atomic robo baby!

I was really into the Archie Sonic series before Archie's constant fuckups cost them the license.

And yeah, Flynn is still going to be the head writer for the IDW series, but... eh, it still feels like years of investment went down the toilet because Archie couldn't be arsed to back up their paperwork.

Transmetropolitan, if that counts.

Stray Bullets
Godland
Tin Tin
Den
Garden of Edena
BPRD
Hellboy
King City
Prophet
American Barbarian
Myth of 8Opus
Terry and the Pirates
Steve Canyon
Captain Easy
Captain Victory
I also enjoyable big 2 stuff, but it is usually outside of the incestuous continuity bubble.
Kamandi
Werewolf by Night
Master of Kung Fu
OMAC
Early ASM and FF

If you read at all your already on Homeland Security's watch list. Proper burgers spend all their time cleaning their guns and eating in front of the TV.
We also eat our young during the blood rites on July 4th.

>you're
Our autocorrect tech is second to none.

Star wars oh fuck thats marvel

Aliens oh fuck soon to be marvel

Predator oh fuck soon to be marvel

I like half-century war and how the whole thing can be summarized with "notice me, senpai!!"

The Walking Dead

Why did idw stop doing Godzilla they have not even reprinted any trades

Probably taking a break until Godzilla 2 gets closer to release, they're bound to do a tie-in for that. They'll probably distribute the Redman manga in the West too since their dude Matt Frank worked on it.

the first like 5 issues of L&R are radically different than what the series would turn into
it was literally both of the hernandez bros first comic

i pretty much exclusively read and buy non big 2 comics these days outside of going through some older runs i have been meaning to get to
love and rockets is the old standby response
peter bagge's comics like Hate and Neat Stuff
brecht evens' whole catalog
rich tommaso's new Image works
i recently reignited me love for charles burn's Black Hole
paul grist's jack staff and his Kane, the former being very good superhero stories
i adore everything Dash Shaw puts out including his newest movie he did
joe sacco is great, jason is great, both have very few blemishes on their record
leslie stein is one of my favorite newer indie cartoonists
lisa hanawalt is hilarious and has a new full length comic coming out this year that should be good
kyle baker's classic work is top notch, recently he's fallen off by quite a bit although he still maintains his quirkiness
dame darcy's Meat Cake is a weird little mess that i adore to death

I started with the Heartbreak Soup collection and I just didn't enjoy the tone of the stories. I really wanted to like it but I was having to force myself to continue reading it. I didn't like the combo of fan-service titties, wacky-horny men and then the occasional SUPER SERIOUS moment. I can understand why it caught on, but it just isn't for me.

that was gilbert's stuff, he and jaime do separate stories

yeah, and rock'n'roll lesbians seems even less like something I would enjoy.