Dark Matter: DAMAGE

Who here's ready for DAMAGE tomorrow?!

Other urls found in this thread:

dccomics.com/comics/damage-2017/damage-3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I give the book 6 to 12 issues with at least one issue with Batman and/or Superman on the cover in an attempt to boost sales.

Any other bets?

Well DC doesn't really appear to be very confident about it, they're already crossing him over with The Suicide Squad

Nor should they because DC has plenty of RAGE STRONK guys

I love how Suicide Squad is like the farm league of DC.

>New character
>audience yawns
>send him/her to suicide squad
>audience likes him
>bring him/her up to spotlight

Or

>Audience still yawns
>"THIS ISSUE: SOMEONE'S GUNNA DIE!"

had they used my design when they stole the character from me it might not look too shitty. but since they decided to make him more hulk-ish than my character, which they stole, it looks even more retarded.

Don't submit anything you don't want them printing for the Workshop submissions. They do an will steal your shit.

Want to talk about it, user? Can you show us your original design?

The Suicide Squad is limbo for villains as Titans is for heroes. Currently Captain Cold is being sent to Belle Reve to go hang with Croc and Deadshot
Riiiight

If I wanted to talk about it I would have a two years ago when they stole more than that from me. Almost everything in my submissions has made it to print in one book or another.

Alan Moore is that you?

Then why the fuck would you even bring it up in the first place? You're full of shit. And even if they did, your idea was a shitty Hulk knockoff

I know I'm right, shill.

>And even if they did, your idea was a shitty Hulk knockoff
wanna know how I know you're a shill?

I posted it because I wanted to. Of course a person paid to post would cast dispersion on that. Which, being that you won't affirmatively say you aren't, we know you are.

Tough guy on the Internet eh?

Go on.

>Immediately resorts to calling me a shill
Alright, you just wanted attention, glad we cleared that up. Put your money where your mouth is and fork over the details or else shut the fuck up.

>changes the subject to avoid saying he's a shill
wanna know how I know you're a shill?

>I learned a new word today!

>doesn't deny it because he knows the law

nobody goes to an anonymous place for attention user. Say you aren't a shill, go ahead do it.

Not the user youre replying to, but its clear youre deflecting becaude youre full of shit.

The only reason you would not only not tell the story but fail as well to give a reason for that refusal most likely means you are full of shit.

And you might not be full of shit, comics companies are shady as fuck with creator rights...but based on the above plus your needlessly aggresssive method of deflection, I'm gonna say you're full of shit.

Chill, man

it's really easy to say you aren't paid directly or indirectly by the company you're defending but nobody has. The same reasoning you give for me being full of shit is the reason I've given for saying the shills are shills.

I won't give my personal information because I don't need to deal with legal action from one of the two companies that helped create rights laws, the other being Disney.

They stole my characters, titles and even some plots. And I still support the company because like you said it's actually fairly common, sadly. And I love the characters more than I hate the people that run the company.

stop using my stuff for your books.

Then tell us more about your draft

How clever of you to shift the subject from your own lack of proof to us being le shills
Out of the 6 posters, all 5 of us are shills? Wow user, feed that persecution complex any harder and you'd be fat as a house.

The point was to tell people:
>Don't submit anything you don't want them printing for the Workshop submissions. They do an will steal your shit.

How clever of the shills who won't deny it (because they legally cannot) to cast dispersion on someone simply telling the board to be careful what they submit.

he is basically white teen fantasy, there is nothing interesting about him.

boo fucking hoo

if you actually did anything worth a fuck you wouldn’t be so busy telling everybody about it here

you’re a dumbass who made unsolicited submissions, no more no less

Great thread.

Don't listen to that other guy. I came up with Damage and I'm not afraid to post my early concept art as proof.

Well since the DAMAGE is done, you might as well.

>abloo bloo they stole my stuff because I say so I dindu nuthin REEE SHILLS

... you’re aware people can lie on the internet and Sup Forums especially right? Like I can claim that my dad works for Nintendo with literally 0 consequences?

Also why the fuck would they bother denying your outrageous claim? They just said they wanted to see your original design and you blew up.

I’m a little gullible, so I was inclined to believe you until you threw this fit.

>unsolicited submissions
The Writers Workshop is not an unsolicited submission. It says in the rules that you retain your ideas and you're simply submitting "yourself" for consideration.

That is a lie by them. Also the "if you actually did anything worth a fuck" makes no sense. Since I did. My ideas have been in multiple titles and actually the basis for entire characters and story lines for "new" characters.

It was worth a fuck. I wasn't apparently.

The shill tactics are out in full force. Yet not one person has denied who pays them.

>you’re aware people can lie on the internet and Sup Forums especially right?

Which is why, again, the point was not to prove myself. It was to remind people that anything you submit, regardless of if they say you retain it, is open to being printed.

it's great advice.

it's easier for shills to call me a nut than it is to deny they're shills. And while, yes, people can lie online it's only illegal for shills to do so. And technically only in respect to their employment, otherwise they can be paid to lie and divert attention all they want.

Can you prove they're shills?

I'd say THAT'S A LOTTA DA MIDGE

as much as you can prove I'm lying. Which seems to be the goal here. Which is something a shill would do because it takes focus away from the point.

Which is:
>Don't submit anything you don't want them printing for the Workshop submissions. They do an will steal your shit.

But your point only has merit if it's actually true.

yeah keep going man

if you won’t give your name all this stuff you’re saying here means fuck all

Gr8 b8 m8.
No jk, he's right alan moore stile watchmen from me and Kirby stole captain America from me.
I'm serious guys, I'm not doing it for attention.
If this post makes you angry is because I'm a shill.

I am not a shill. I hereby claim, with god and all anons as my witness, that I am legally claiming myself to not be a shill.

You are full of shit and DC didn't steal shit from you, you attention-seeking leech, or you would have shown us an ounce of proof, a sketch, anything by now.

Thanks for ruining the thread you incompetent petulant child.

that is true. even without my annecdote it's true.

The only person who would say that isn't good advice is someone with an interest in having people submit their stories to be stolen.

Who defends a company like this other than an employee? Seriously. My point is correct. You don't have to believe me.

You're transparent as fuck. All of you.

Not one person has even denied being a shill. You're telling me to provide information to "out" myself while refusing to say one simple thing.

it's very fucking obvious.

Tits of gtfo

>Thanks for ruining the thread you incompetent petulant child.
Hi, Tony.

So you'll affirm that, neither directly or indirectly, you don't get paid by Warners/DC?

Tony? I'm Dimple Dylan

what’s sad is you openly admit it’s different and you still maintain they “stole” from you

STOP REPLYING TO THIS LITERALLY AUTIST BAITER UNLESS HE SHOW PROOF THAT HE CREATED THE CHARACTER

Years ago I got to speak with Jimmy Palmiotti at a con and told him my idea on how to fix the New52 Mister Terrific by making him lead a team with Power Girl, Atlee and Firestorm.
Needless to say I'm pretty pissed about The Terrifics.

What's sad is this thread is full of shills casting dispersion on me when my advice is solid regardless of me. Starlins recent shit with Thanos and Marvel is one of thousands of examples.

But the shills can't accept that. They have to make sure they can bleed Sup Forums dry every time they shill their workshops.

I don't doubt most of these are submissions and shit like that mixed with Marvel influence so they can say "lol no it's marvel we stole from"

What can't they deny? Whatever the fuck it is, I deny it. I deny you. Now tell us the story or fuck off.

>Offer your idea free of charge
>Get mad when it isn't followed 100% to your autistic specifications when implemented years later in a completely different context

Wew lad.

Interesting if true.

Yes. My name is not Tony, it is Trevor. I do not, never have, and never will get paid by Warners/DC. What the fuck is wrong with you seriously.

They cannot deny being paid, be it directly or inderectly, to represent a point of view.

You still haven't legally denied it as you qualified it jsut before by saying you didn't know what you denied.

This particular post isn't very "shilly". Though if you were a shill it wouldn't be illegal still. Which is a bit telling.

I don't know why you need to know my story if you aren't looking to identify me. I don't matter. I never claimed to. This is yet another reason newfags and shills stick out. Anybody who comes here isn't looking for the person on the other side of the screen. They just want to engage with people about topics. It skips the whole "look at this persons profile picture" derailing of social media.

That people are focused on me rather than my advice, which is pretty common, is pretty indicative of being new or a shill.

user is a fag
heres the real original Damage

I am not being paid by DC or anyone else for posting anything. Tell the story, fuckface.
>Dey stole something from me. I won't give any specifics.
That's bullshit. That's worse than claiming that you were raped by a Hollywood celeb. Oh, hey. I was raped by this user. I ain't posting any proof, but it's true. Stay away from him, he's a rapist.

I wonder how's fishing here, with so much bait floating around.

Why are you so upset? Seriously?

Why are all of you so upset at user? You don't have to believe him?

It just seems there are only certain people who would be this fired up about something they don't believe. If you aren't shilling something, and aren't connected to the creation of these books then why do you care?

Go guy two copies to stick it to user. Fuck it.

But why is the response so heavy handed rather than "lol my dad works at nintendo"? Why did user's account hit such a nerve?

I'm bored and want to read a story. I was promised a story just to have it snatched away.

WELL.... I for one am excited to see Damage. As a hulk fan, the moment they killed banner in civil war 2, I was done with Marvel til the end of time.

How long until they retcon Al Pratt into his backstory?

He literally coming back in few weeks. That is like complaining about superman being dead

it doesn't matter, Marvel has gone batshit crazy and I would rather trust DC to write a good hulk story than the God damn company that made him right now.

>only employers defend their company
Fuck off, baiter. Kys.
You're just shit posting.

It only took three issues. And they put Wonder Woman on the cover.

dccomics.com/comics/damage-2017/damage-3

>Shitposts while saying user, who gave good advice was shitposting
>Can't even use proper terminology in his shitpost
>le kys

cool stuff, sport. Come try killing me yourself.

To be fair, wouldn't it make sense for the trinity to get involved in a Hulk like rampage sooner or later?

I can't wait for Dr Jekyll and Mr Hulk

Since this thread dissolved into insanity I am going to try and get it back on track by posting the preview. I love the art!

>Sup Forums can't ignore a blatant troll
Come on

Also Damage is gonna be garbage. It's Venditti and Daniel.
Should've started with a good one so people would have more confidence in the line.

I work for DC Comics...this is true. We have literally ZERO ideas and just sit idly by and wait for aspiring geniuses to try submit something to us and then we just steal it all, reject the submitter and hire other writers to make it comic.

>"Guise! I INVENTED generic military hulk and DC stole the idea from me!"

>>"Guise! I INVENTED generic muscle monster and DC stole the idea from me!"

Note: Tony Daniel used to draw The Tenth. Tony Daniel designed and is the artist on Damage.

>We have literally zero ideas
Don't know about the rest, but this seems to be true.

What did they do to you?

>Venditti and Annett write for Rebirth
>They're saving DC
>Venditti and Annett write for some new imprint
>Hacks
What did they mean by this?

>user tells people to watch what they submit
>Vitriol ensues because his dad works at nintendo.

This board, really this site, is infested.

Mark my words, screenshot the post, if I'm not lying about being stolen from then Tom King's Sanctuary will be set in Happy Harbor.

I damn near guarantee it.

Mike Mignola stole my idea for Hellboy!

My version was about a kid whose parents sell him to a demon in exchange for wealth and at a certain age the boy has to go and live in hell.

I met Mignola at a gas station restroom in 1992. I stood next to him at a stall and told him my idea and he hurries out of the restroom -- without washing his hands! Then he "suddenly" comes up with Hellboy a year later?

>Mark my words, screenshot the post, if I'm not lying about being stolen from then Tom King's Sanctuary will be set in Happy Harbor.
>I damn near guarantee it.

You can't "damn near guarantee" something. You either guarantee it or you don't. You are phrasing things in such a way that you have an out.

I'm on to you, user. I've forwarded this thread to my superiors at DC and I'm sure they'll be contacting their legal dept shortly.

lol this is how you troll a troll.

>You can't "damn near guarantee" something. You either guarantee it or you don't.
Untrue. What you've attempted to do is tell me something can't be near perfect instead of telling me something can't be "more perfect".

You can absolutely damn near reach a proverbial "ceiling". What you cannot do is pass it. So had I said I "more than guarantee it" I'd have been wrong. I can't absolutely "damn near guarantee something.

And I'd love to hear from legal. That'd be an admission of them being knowledgable enough about the situation to merit a response.

Guise Marvel ripped me off. I once glued Wolverine claws on my hulk toy and now look at what they did

>I can't absolutely "damn near guarantee something.

>Mark my words, screenshot the post, if I'm not lying about being stolen from then Tom King's Sanctuary will be set in Happy Harbor.
>I damn near guarantee it.

haha this thread holy shit.

>good advice
You're fucking retarded. You're just a stupid troll.

Todd McFarlene ripped of my idea for Spawn.

You created Nightwatch?

Either that or Faust

I once bought a sandwich for Geoff Johns and told him about other colored lantern corps. Saint Walker's original name was Peace Prancer, and Dex Star was simply Mr Meow Murder. Needless to say, I am pretty upset I didn't get a writers credit, or a thank you sandwich

He looks like he's enjoying it.

It's just kind of wrapped around him. Is he supposed to be restrained?
Why is the art blurry, but the speech bubbles not?

Wouldn't you?

But the question is: is he incredible or is he Totally Awesome?

My son drew his own superhero who he called The Silencer and I put it up on the fridge. One day I came home and he was crying because DC was making a comic with the same name.

He's still sulking about it and I'm at my wits end on how to cheer him up. He's 34 years old. wat do Sup Forums?

Michael Crichton ripped off the idea for my movie, Billy and the Cloneasaurus!

I once met Dan Jurgens in the line for the snack bar at a Minnesota Vikings game back in 84. Told him my idea to revamp Green Lantern. Two years later I see Booster Gold a newsstand.

Why would you post something like this, with absolutely 0 proof of your claims, and then claim bullshit like

>b-but I'm only giving you free advise, you guys
>muh legal problems

It's like you want to be called out on your bullshit, or you have a pathological need for lying (anonymously) on the internet.