We've been stuck in the school for over 2 years because this guy can't go three weeks without failing to update

We've been stuck in the school for over 2 years because this guy can't go three weeks without failing to update

He missed another?
>Hey all! Never happy to say it, but I'm fielding some wrist issues and was unable to complete an update. Doing everything I can to get it healed, I'll see you back here ASAP! Thank you for your patience in the meantime.
Oh God it's like he's aware of the memes. He's done 3 updates since the 22nd. Seeing as how he doesn't give a recovery date Fridays probably out. Which means in a month he's managed to get through about 5 seconds of story.

Zack promised us fun electric batting ghosts. But all I saw there was...KIDDY ANGSTY SOAP OPERA.

Just let it go, Zack. We understand you can't breathe this childhood dream of yours and ours to life anymore...screw the tumblr readership anyway - they're not there for the spirit punching action, they're only there for the nonexistant imaginary kiddie romances.

I cant even get excited for the shady dude looking for scrapdragon. This comc has become pure anti-hype. It's like watching a mother drown her own child.

Zack does not have the wrist strength to keep a struggling infant underwater for that long.

>tfw your wrist is just starting to recover from fractures in eight different places but you have eleven cons in twenty different states to attend in the next half hour and the one page you drew in the last two weeks isn't ready yet because saturation is still too high at 2% so your readers will miss out on the wacky subversive anticlimax that follows up on the previous 6 pages' wacky subversive anticlimaxes

>January is halfway over
>He's already missed three updates this year
B R A V O

>He's missed more pages than he's actually posted in 2018

He missed ANOTHER? Jesus fucking Christ Zack. At this rate, he probably won't be able to complete this chapter within the time that Summer comes around, let alone get into even the bare groundwork of the following chapters. Her likely gonna can the comic partway through in all honesty.

Best to start the year as you mean to go on.

>We will never get art this good again
>We'll be lucky if we ever get a page with full backgrounds again
>We will never get a month without missed updates again
Why? Why is this? Why does this always have to happen to everything that's good? Why can't things go right for once?

>Zack initially said there wasn't going to be any romance subplots because there was a point when he was planning on being a non-shitty writer
>He's since gone back on that

Xirck, if you're having wrist problemsSthis often you should really do something about it. Buy a wrist splint, get an ice pack, change your work environment or some shit like that. If you don't deal with the causes of wrist pain you can end up with nerve damage.

Because Fucking Tumblr, that's why. If that godsforsaken website didn't exist (or was at the very least, purged of the vast majority of it's cancerous userbase, since there's some genuinely great stuff on there), I can absolutely guarantee you that Zack wouldn't become the utter caricature of a writer, artist, and genuine human being that he is now. Doesn't help that the creator of Monsterkind has likely been filling his head with all manner of tripe through their "relationship".

Yeah, I kinda knew already. I don't like to pin the blame for these types of things on 1 person but his introduction into the tumblr cult seemed to begin when he started dating Taylor. Fuck tumblr and fuck Zack's webcomic clique, their hugbox culture is the worst fucking thing you could experience as an artist.

Oh and fun fact, Taylor's already using her new position at CN to bully people into not giving criticism anymore. Pure gold.

What does she work on?

>using bullying tactics to combat "bullying"
Fucking hell.

Dunno, but she's a storyboard revisionist.

A+.

Oh no silly user, it's the "right" people bullying the "wrong" people so it's totally okay now!

What's the context of the tweet, anyway? There's gotta be some retweet about something that has brought to that.

Was that supposed to be a controversial statement? Anyone with half a brain knows you should be very careful about internet comments with your real name attached to them, especially if they're about your industry. In some cases it's outright forbidden for people to publicly express opinions related to their work.

>Anyone with half a brain knows you should be very careful about internet comments with your real name attached to them, especially if they're about your industry. In some cases it's outright forbidden for people to publicly express opinions related to their work.

Apparently what's good for the goose isn't good for the gander

So what is your allegation here?

>ARRRRRGH

They're calling her a hypocrite, putting her neck out to tell people to not put her neck out because people she likes don't like that.

*not to put their neck out

So, again: what is the actual allegation? Her statement is objectively correct. What bullying is she publicly engaging in?

Sitting around in groups on Twitter shittalking people who watch your cartoons or make the wrong kind of cartoons is apparently not bad for your reputation, but sitting around in groups on Twitter shittalking people who make the wrong kind of cartoons is a grievous sin.

It's gatekeeping based on personal feelings, where the people in charge are barely a step above the armchair critics in terms of technical draftsmanship and direction but have an elitist attitude all the same. It's essentially what happens when the 2000-era generation of DeviantArt grows up and enters the professional industry.

You are too fucking dumb to live.

>What bullying is she publicly engaging in?

What 'bullying' is anyone else engaging in, if she's considered the arbiter and authority of who gets to have shit spread about them? What kind of rationalisation can a person use to handwave hard proof of bullying one side but vouch for a creator on the other side?

This cunt and all of her tumblr friends need to be fired. They are openly bragging about making a hostile work environment for anyone who doesn't toe the line.

>Imply "We'll make sure you get yours!" if you ""bully"" people.
>"What is the actual allegation? :^)"

Don't play coy, user. It's an exercise in throwing their social weight masquerading as a friendly "reminder." It's not phrased as a message of concern, it's about how "we" see all those darn bullies and will spread the word. It's not some horrible sin or anything, just hypocritical, transparent behavior. Nothing worthy of contempt, but still worth noting.

It looks like you're complaining that people aren't tolerating the intolerant. Is there more to it than that old fallacy? I don't follow twitter drama.
Specifics?

She is openly threatening anyone who disagrees with her on any subject. If you can't see that then you need to get the fuck out. I wish the mods did their job keeping out the trash.

That's a bit much, man. You're assuming malicious intent in what's more likely naivete.

Here's a (You) for the effort. I don't subscribe to the hate train, but you're just so full of shit it hurts.

>That's a bit much, man. You're assuming malicious intent in what's more likely naivete.

You're a fucking retard. There is absolutely no way that wasn't a deliberate malicious threat.

So you have no actual evidence of anything. Good to know.

It's extremely easy for someone to see themselves as doing a good thing by spreading word of "bullying." Most of them think they're doing people a favor, not stomping on people for behaving in a way they don't like or understand.

>objective facts are threats
I get less polite warnings about the same kind of thing in my work email, and that's coming from faceless male bureaucrats who don't give two shits about political correctness.

I'm neither of the anons you quoted, I just know a shitposter when I see one.

Here's your last (You), make it count.

By 'we' are you referring to the peers in the industry, as grammatically indicated by her own words? It's not some sinister female conspiracy when her previous line tells you who she's talking about.
So you're just an idiot. What a shock.

>comic has trouble updating
>should be focusing on creating a buffer
>instead focus on conventions and have your comic perpetually be rushed with several missed updates

Shit like this pisses me off. Why even bother running a comic if it's the last thing on your to do list?

There's various things he can do to fix this: cut down page size, guest pages, holiday pin ups, etc.

It's not hard, it just requires a competent person that has their priorities straight. I have QC as well but at least JJ manages to keep churning out content with his shit art and shit writing.

>It's not some sinister female conspiracy
And that's not the implication.

She's being inclusive because she's imparting the idea that "I and people like myself/my acquaintances will be participating in such actions." It's not just a polite warning, or an impolite one, or advice. She's saying that she and others like her will spread misgivings about all those they deem "bullies." The leveraging of this on a social media platform is just as much "bullying" as any stupid comment anyone makes online, as it's meant to dissuade people from taking a specific course of action through a show of social power.

Try as much as you like to weasel out of accepting it, but that's bullying. Not terribly effective or upsetting bullying, but bullying all the same by the very definition.

Aaaargh!

oh hey this looks new... no wait a minute. what's this feeling, oh god this burning feeling in my wrist... no no no nooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

Are you suggesting she's not allowed to do that? Because bullying is actually not allowed in the workplace, and you most certainly are allowed to tell people you have misgivings about individuals. That isn't bullying. It might be attempted blacklisting and questionably ethical, but that's a whole other issue.

But what I'm actually interested in is what these people she's talking about are actually doing, not whatever dark arts she plans to use against them. That's why I wanted more information. Nobody just produces that kind of comment completely out of the blue.

>Are you suggesting she's not allowed to do that?
No, just that it's hypocritical. Like tweeting "STOP TYPING IN CAPSLOCK GODDAMNIT."

>Because bullying is actually not allowed in the workplace
Seriously, you've never had to deal with a co-worker or employer who tried to abuse their position? Not even once? Unless you're under 21, I find that hard to believe.

>dark arts
I love devaluing the other side of the argument by exaggerating their claims, it makes me feel like a mature adult.

But seriously, nobody knows. She didn't tweet for nearly two weeks beforehand and her only other tweet that day is about how much she loves Zack. The point is that she's being a hypocrite, not whether she's justified or a good or bad person or whatever kind of nonsense. "Warning" people on twitter in this manner is just silly.

Every person in my department is required to take courses on what constitutes bullying and the protocols for handling it. Simply claiming something is bullying because you don't like it isn't enough. It looks like you're saying she hasn't done anything to anyone for anything the other person said or did, so I don't really buy that there's a big problem here.
If this is about personal views about others, there is no expectation in any serious business that employees must tolerate intolerance. In fact that's often explicitly against policy. Employees aren't allowed to just run around calling everyone niggers because they're expressing their opinions or whatever.
But this has been described so vaguely that it almost looks like she could be complaining that she doesn't like how people draw, which would be an acceptable reason to find her a bit crazy.

There isn't a big problem. It's just hypocritical in a fairly inoffensive way.

>this has been described so vaguely that it almost looks like she could be complaining that she doesn't like how people draw
Pretty much. It could literally be anything because there's no accompanying context. That's the rub of it all.

All right. I was curious because it looked like people were upset over something that had already started happening in response to some specific person.

People are jumpy about her because of the company she keeps and the way she and Zack have shifted in their relations with fans and the effort they put into their comics.

Also some people are just very hyperbolic.