I miss creepy shit from Adventure Time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=umTybW8Lz1k
youtube.com/watch?v=z8NaE0hr0sA
youtube.com/watch?v=ZVImfBMvXzE
youtube.com/watch?v=G2nw0R5-l5Y
youtube.com/watch?v=gBkCvQD4tco
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what, you don't like bland lesbian ships and half baked plots that won't get any kind of satisfying conclusion or even acknowledgment?

Agreed. You better take your forced lesbians and like it, user!

It's a good pairing, you just are self inserting as Finn.
Fag.

>ruined marceline
>no more morally grey Bubblegum cause lesbos
>implying Finn won't get a call at 3 AM to break up a domestic violence catfight between them
ya sure son

I can't recall this episode.

There's still creepy shit.

This. Bubbline is fine.

its so ASS AVGN wouldn't even take a shit on it

That's not creepy, just lonely. Unless you find the idea of little girls and/or gas stations unnerving.

I was trying to find images of inside the gas station. This guy did a good video on it.
youtube.com/watch?v=umTybW8Lz1k

Anyway, there's other examples. Like the candified people in elements, and these fucking things in pic related.

My entire time watching Adventure Time was filled with hoping Ward would write, animate, produce a serious, source faithful show filled based on Lovecraftian horror.

>Adventure Time presents: The Shadow over the Candy Kingdom
Would watch

it's really not

FALL

Honestly, the Adventure Time world is a fucking cosmic horror story of the highest degree, what with the various slumbering ancient horros had other terrors infesting the entire multiverse. Doesn't help that the Forces Of Evil seemingly have pic related leading them as well.

>At the Mountains of Candy Madness.

So much fuckin' want.

>>no more morally grey Bubblegum cause lesbos
PB got great character development in seasons 6 and 7. Her becoming less morally grey was a good thing, as much as I do love that side of her.

There still is creepy lore

if you're missing the existential horror, you're not looking hard enough

fpbp

Personally this was the creepiest thing the show has done in years
youtube.com/watch?v=z8NaE0hr0sA
I wish Finn didn't get away super easy since it took away some of the impact, but still pretty good

I'm a lesbian and bubbline is shit. PB's a megalomaniac, and it's clear they had a relationship in the past that didn't work.

>ywn be turned into PB's slave
why live.

You being a lesbian doesn't give you more authority on this. And yes, their relationship fell apart in the past, but they've both grown a lot since then. I like it.

Bubbline is no doubt shit, but the past few seasons of the show have been about PB learning how to not be such a bitch so if they do get back together or are already together it might work out.
Still boring as shit and I wish it didn't show up every time Marceline was on screen though.

What percentage of the dykes that you fucked with were some type of megalomaniac?

>" AT did _____ and it took away the impact
Insert literally anything. I think the only thing the writers didn't immediately drown out was Finn's parting with his mom

I think it kind if does. It's sort of a poor representation of a healthy gay relationship when PB is a piece of shit in a dozen ways that I'm too lazy to list. Also, you're a fag.

So you're an authority on all the other lesbians now right?
Give it a rest, they're cute together.
Boy this really is the most divisive thing in the fandom isn't it?

AT's creepiness went away with Jesse Moynihan. Every bizarre turn of events, nearly every Aleister Crowley/baphomet/literal demon reference was his. You should check out his site sometime, it's quite a trip.

>healthy gay relationship
you can't throw a bunch of words together and pretend it's a real thing

Reasons Tripfags need to be banned #2761211

this

Heavy is the head that wears the crown. Also fuck you cunt

I know people love to play up how evil PB is, but she's really not that bad. She's a good person at heart, and she's learned to chill the fuck out a lot these past few seasons, in part thanks to Marcy. I think a relationship between them could work.

Not to become a buttbuddy of Marcy and only that

>waifufags attack actual gay who doesn't like said ship
pottery

PB gets plenty of episodes without Marcy. It's the other way around that's the problem.

Imagine sticking your dick in that blob of bubblegum

i'd rather not

Shit, that really was creepy. o__o

>"We want gay representation in cartoons!"
>You can have this moldy piece of cheese.
You really wonder why we're not happy? We want characters who aren't shoehorned in as gay in later seasons to attract ratings. or to appeal to a specific writer's ship, while completely throwing a character's personality in the trash

PB was never supposed to be evil, she was supposed to cold and distant at worse, and even then the attempt to make her this was one of the worst things done with her character.
The ship is shit but faggots who pretend that being gay validates their argument need to be executed.
Both really. Neither of them are their own characters anymore. Just bland generic teenagers meant to convey some asinine story elements that the crew pull out of their ass.
Just go buy some gum and melt it a bit in a pot then put your dick in it, then come to the realization no matter how undead they are, vampire girls will better

How on Earth can you say PB isn't her own character anymore? She has the entire plot going on with her family that's entirely about her with Marceline being tangential to it, and just had all the Elements stuff where Marcy was her sidekick but PB was still doing a ton of shit on her own. That statement is just plain incorrect.

How about that weird and kind of fucked up episode about aliens? I can see this being an episode mentioned in the "scary things when you were a kid" threads that crop up every now and then (though I don't think I've seen one for a while)

>even then the attempt to make her this was one of the worst things done with her character.
Morally ambiguous PB has been a thing since season 1. Them fleshing that out made her way more interesting imo.

Man I really wish Adventure time would get a little more time to wrap up all of its plot threads. It has like, half a season left to cover so much ground, I can see stuff like the fire giants never being explained.

>Everyone complaining about how bubbline killed marcy and pb (though it did)
>no one complaining how drama killed the star of the show, the brOTP finn/jake
>ywn see scenes like this youtube.com/watch?v=ZVImfBMvXzE in new AT
youtube.com/watch?v=G2nw0R5-l5Y
youtube.com/watch?v=gBkCvQD4tco

IT
FUCKING
HURTS
SO
BAD
>wanting gays in cartoons
keeep your shit to fanfiction and let normal people enjoy media.

>She has the entire plot going on with her family that's entirely about her

That plotline is garbage though

>PB created an entire kingdom of lobotomized retards because shes afraid they'll be smarter than her. "blah bah gumbalt trama explains why she has to". If a woman had a kid that tried to kill her at one point, and then decided to have more kids, is it okay for her to lobotomize them so they can't try to do the same? She's not a caring mother figure to the candy kingdom, she's a megalomaniac. Treating life like it's a fucking sandbox. Everybody hates on Cinnamon Bun for cucking Finn or whatever, but I think he saw that in PB

How romance destroyed Finn is a whole 'nother can of worms that has been lampooned time and time again throughout these threads.

Not relevant to my point man.

>shoehorned
PB and Marcy's relationship progressed gradually over several years. I don't see how it not being planned from the onset automatically makes it shoehorned.

Thank you for posting this, I've been meaning to do something similar in this thread.
Continuity was a mistake, the episodic adventurers of dog and boy was kino.

because it was literally, "no the fans are being crazy."
"wait, what if they aren't."
"time to radically derail both of these characters!"

>She has the entire plot going on with her family that's entirely about her
No, the entire plot is about her family. She is just tangential to it. PB has taken no significant action. He's mainly attacked Finn or messed with other characters.
>all the Elements stuff
Where she wasn't even herself, and LSP got more attention.

I didn't say they were one character, I said they weren't their own characters.

They both either take a backseat to their pairing, or a backseat to some inane new plotpoint the writers made up and are used as props toward that goal.

Cloudy was very recent and had god tier F/J chemistry dude.

Thin Yellow Line, JellyBeans Have Power, High Strangeness, Bonnibel Bubblegum. PB gets way more focus individually as a character now than she did back in seasons 2/3, where she was practically a secondary character.

The latest seasons have great F/J interaction, Elements espeically so.

The fans are irrelevant to the execution in the show itself. And explain to me how bubbline specifically derailed their characters. Reminder that bubbline didn't really become a thing until season 7.

I didn't say romance, I said drama.
Yeah, I remember in an interview quite a while (like season 3 a while), Ward said something like, "there was a hard pitch for the show because the entire idea was just a boy and his dog who get along well and they live in a fantasy world" I'm probably paraphrasing a bit but even as an wee underage b& I loved how simple and fun it was

If you liked any part of elements you need to kill yourself immediately
>Cloudy
You mean the episode where they sat and spoke awkwardly on a cloud and kept up with Finn moaning melodramatically as if that is in anyway entertaining?

The Lich had some great cosmic horror moments too. Man I wish they explored more this aspect of the show

I ain't taking your fag ass seriously dude.
Cloudy had good, season 1 esque Finn and Jake interactions. Finn was worked up over something, Jake eased him out of it and got him to calm down, then Finn returned the favor. If you think Finn was "moaning melodramatically" because he was worked up over not being able to do anything to help you're stupid.
I don't care if you thought every other part of Elements or modern AT as a whole is shit, but if you thought this was crap then you have garbage taste and certainly are not my nigger in any sense of the word.

>If you liked any part of elements you need to kill yourself immediately
Get fucked nostalgiafag, Elements was fantastic.

>nostalgiafag
>a show used to be a certain way that was good
>now it's another way that's pretty hamfisted and bad
>if you liked how it was before you're a rose colored glasses nostalgiafag
Sup Forums reaching new lows now. I bet you still enjoy the simpsons

>"With this, we can go pretty much everywhere now!"
>Everywhere, You Will Die.
>"HahaYea-Wait, what?"
>You, Your Family, Everyone Will Die. Over And Over. A Mountain Of Broken Bodies Beneath The Wheel.
God, The Lich is truly at his greatest when he sheds all notion of being even somewhat relatable as a villain and just goes full Cosmic Horror. I'm REALLY hoping we get more stuff set in the Adventure Time setting, because the more eldritch stuff about it is fucking top-tier.

>Reminder that bubbline didn't really become a thing until season
Reminder that AT didn't take a nosedive and never recover until around season 6/7
>explain to me how bubbline specifically derailed their characters
Two characters that were in no way compatible were forced to interact in a way that satisfied the writer's ship and thus had to behave incredibly OOC until this became their new norm.
>Thin Yellow Line, JellyBeans Have Power, High Strangenes
>Three episodes about building this whole PB did evil shit narrative, that besides going nowhere, are just the same "pb did these things before the show even started and is remorseful but lets do the exact same thing again 4 times and pretend like it even mattered or anyone cared the first time much less the 5th"
I bet you think the cooler was a good episode.
>nostalgiafag
Nice argument.

Does anyone see the PB, Herbert West Re animator parallel? I'd fucking cream myself if the final episodes were her failed experiments dragged her under the foundations of the candy kingdom

The Lich was just a great idea all around and really built up the DnD thing Ward was going for early on.

Friendly reminder that PB is best girl

>fapping to pink nazis
Sup Forums get out

Only because the other ones either have always been shit or became shit as time went on
Lady Rainicorn is still my gal though

Bubbline has always been a lazy scapegoat. To claim they changed PB and Marcy specifically to make a ship happen is retarded, especially when it didn't become a thing until season 7.

>Thin Yellow Line, JellyBeans Have Power, High Strangenes
I don't care about your feelings towards these episodes, you said PB isn't her own character anymore which is just baloney.

You know what dude?
People are always gonna talk shit about AT.
> it went to shit after s3
> it went to shit after s5
> it went to shit after so
For real the anons that talk this shit don't even remember life before AT. Ward changed the game up.
Every show made today lives in the post-AT era. If you're too stupid to say thank you, I'll save you the effort:
> you're welcome

>you said PB isn't her own character anymore which is just baloney.
But it's true, because PB does almost nothing in those episodes. She just shows up and apologizes for the most part, the focus of the episodes is the new backstory the writers came up with.

>Three episodes about building this whole PB did evil shit narrative
The only one with really evil notions is Thin Yellow Line. Other two don't deal with her past.

As a lesbian, i disagree. do i have authority too now?
people can ship whatever they want, you dont get authority on which cartoon characters everyone should want to get together

The focus of JellyBeans Have Power is definitely on PB. Thin Yellow Line is more of PB trying to become more relaxed as ruler following on from Varmints. She's gotten more focus these last three seasons than she ever did in the early seasons, it's not even close.

I feel like I've seen a lot of these same arguments before probably from the same people, but I'll throw my hat into the ring I guess. I still love AT, but I'm glad it's ending and the only times I ever think it was flat out bad was late season 5 - 98% of season 6. It's hard to describe how tonally different it felt and how weird Finn as a character felt, but I even went back to re-watch it lately to see if I remembered right and it did appear so. It does feel as weird and depressing as I remembered. I don't get those vibes anymore and haven't for a while, cause I think they finally re-found their footing around season 7. There's plenty of episodes onwards that I think are on par or even better than some earlier ones. I don't know what or who changed to help stabilize it cause I used to avoid fandoms like the plague and just watch shows, so these thoughts were all my own as I watched it.

That's just my opinion I suppose.

let normal people enjoy media.

Everyone should be able to enjoy something. one gay side couple shouldn't ruin a show for a "normal" person. unless you are a homophobe, in which case, you aren't normal.

I love how ward describes his characters. so creative.

AT is great, in my humble opinion, but it changed a lot and maybe even "jumped the shark". I think it takes a certain kinda person to like what it's become, but honestly it's really cool now. nothing amazing, but still great.

Wait is Bubbline Canon right now or not, because im seeing multiple different answers.

Also quick challenge, Write a happy ending for Finn which involves Bubbline staying as part of the show. Threesomes allowed.

You want crackships to become real and shitty theories copied straight from tumblr into every show you watch, pandering to every autistic impulse of the LGBTQOMFGBBQ? I guess this is modern Sup Forums.

It's not technically canon because the writers are pussies who hint at it til the cows come home but have yet to put anything in the show explicitly confirming it.
So the answer is you can clearly tell they support it and for all intents it is canon, but it isn't a concrete thing yet.

> a happy ending for Finn which involves Bubbline staying as part of the show
Easy
>Jake moves out of the Treefort to live with Lady, maybe he finally proposes to her
>Finn is obviously bummed about this, PB and Marcy can tell so they start hanging out with him all the time to keep his mind off it
>eventually they became a super tight-knit, PB and Marcy are in a couple or whatever but Finn's fine with it and he has his own chicks on the side

I see no reason this wouldn't work out fine, as long as Finn doesn't spaghetti anywhere everything's good. 3somes are fine too but I wanted to do something more original than that.

Finn shacks up with huntress wizard; the background character that got brought to the front because writers read too many fics and browse deviantart for too long. That's literally what's happening user, have you not watched the show? Finnciline and fumblegum are DEAD

>is Bubbline Canon right now or not
Pretty much. It's not directly stated or anything, but the subtext is impossible to ignore at this point.

>Write a happy ending for Finn which involves Bubbline staying as part of the show.
Jake moves out of the treefort and retires from adventuring. Finn hangs out and goes on adventures with HW more often. Eventually they move in together, and start a family down the road.

>happy ending for Finn
Finn is 18, something to show his personal growth, adventures forever, yadda yadda. Why do you need PB or Marcy when there's Canyon or HW (not what I would like, but she's the one who's acknowledged)

>real dyke has shit taste
Bubbline a cute

Does anyone feel like they were sort of building up to PB being the actual big bad, but then the writers pussied out because she was popular among fans?

It was moreso that they wanted to make her morally grey and ambiguous but accidentally made her seem legit evil a lot of the time. Those "PB is evil" theories didn't spring up from nowhere. Thing is they never intended for her to actually be a bad guy or anything so then I think they realized "shit we went too far here" and made The Cooler happen so she wouldn't be such a bastard.

mmm not being able to disagree on the fact that you think because you're gay your opinion is more valid than anyone elses.
Sounds like you need to go back to tumblr hmm? Also you sure are assuming a lot about me. You're very good at arguments.

>Happy End
Jake is fine, Finn and Jake go on dungeon crawly or knight duty adventures and have bro times, beemo and shelby are there. Finn gets mad princesses wherever he goes.
>Alternative less happy end
Jake dies
One of Jake Jr's kids wants Finn to teach them to be a hero, chowder style ending where finn takes an apprentice and he and (unnamed girl) have a ton of babies

being a "homophobe" is normal, it's only because you're a degenerate westerner whose lived with disgusting americans or even worse europoors all your life and have never experienced the decent world where people know it's wrong to kill babies and stick your dick in shitholes.
The writers don't have plans, they're like dogs chasing cars, they wouldn't know what to do if they caught one. The shippers, the execs, they're all schemers, they have plans.

Well we all know where this is going, post best ship

Gonna post some images and gifs Sup Forums. Give me one word reactions of each. Think of it like an inkblot test.

knight

waste

you care a little too much about what other people do. Maybe one day you'll find happiness when you stop caring so much. Until then, have fun feeling angry whenever you see other people get to share love.

If wanting to plow Finn's tight boipucci is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

nipples