Why were semen demons not enough to save the Cleveland Show?

Why were semen demons not enough to save the Cleveland Show?

becuase no one wanted a show about Cleveland. also, the woman's ugly

Because the Cleveland Show is lowkey the unwanted third child of Seth's works.

Nobody gave a shit about the show even when it was announced. The show dug its own grave by being a white man's version of a black sitcom aimed at audiences who have apparently never met another black person in their lives.

Would a quagmire show be more successful?

so... you're a footfag, OP?

Because Cleveland was by far the most boring character on the Family Guy and never deserved his own show. And because the show sucked on top of having a boring lead character

It was basically a shitty family guy remake but with the original characters still showing up rarely

>too white for black people
>too black for white people

Yes it absolutely would have, but it probably would have caught a lot of shit in this social climate if they didn't tone him down significantly.

In a post Hollywood sexual allegations world?

I- I think I like where this is going.... Just kept to a single season, but still.

A show about a danger and violent sexual predator? Peter already has his own show though

Shut up and post more hotties

>Because Cleveland was by far the most boring character on the Family Guy and never deserved his own show. And because the show sucked on top of having a boring lead character

And they completely changed Cleveland's character. The joke was originally that even though he was the black best friend, he was the exact opposite of your usual loud, boisterous, urban cool guy role the black guy usually filled. Guy was dull as milquetoast and had a subdued reaction to everything, even when he was legitimately excited.

They had to make him wackier and more outgoing for his own show.

I like it.

I'm brown

It might have done alright if they didn’t pull a 180 on Cleveland’s character. Don’t know how a monotonous main character would do with that formula but it’d probably be better than “Peter but black”.

I seem to remember the Cleveland Show was finally hitting its stride in its final season. It still wasn't great by any means, but it was much more watchable.

I feel like if it had gotten one more season, they would've been on to something.

I'm glad someone else made a thread about her so I seem less pathetic, but I DESPERATELY need fanart of her being the meat in an /ss/andwich between Cleveland Jr. and that Jewish boy.

Because you don’t put a bandaid on a shattered pelvis.

Writing black characters has always been problematic because it's very easy to be accused of being something you're not. That explains the common trope of the nerd black character. It's really pretty inaccurate, but has the least chance of causing butthurt.

When you make a black show that not even the blacks want to watch you fucked up

Then again, 95% of the Cosby Show's audience was white.

The side characters were pretty great tho.

More I say! More!

I just can't find women drawn in Seth's art style hot.

you're suppose to use your imagination to fill in the gaps a stylized artstyle creates, just like with simpsons

I thought the cleveland show getting canceled wasn't a fault of the show doing poorly but as a running gag between it and family guy. Like "hey cleveland is going to his hometown for a few seasons of family guy so here's TWO shows! Alright let's bring cleveland back to family guy LOL DID YOU MISS ME?

It's like if they made a show where Brian goes to doggy heaven that lasted two seasons before Stewie brought him back.

You're wrong with your assumption, they clearly would have continued the show for as long as possible if it prints money.
It didn't anymore.
Same with your hypothetical scenario.