Star vs The Forces of Evil?

Can someone please tell me why Star vs is commonly referred to as the modern day My Life As A Teenage Robot? I’ve been watching both cartoons back and forth but can’t quite name what the connection is.

Pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/_/search/text/"modern day my life" teenage/
desuarchive.org/_/search/text/"modern my life" teenage/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nobody says that

>commonly referred to as the modern day My Life As A Teenage Robot?
I have never heard this and I'm convinced you've made it up as some obscured angle to make a bait thread.

Who told you that?

Cause this is the first time I'm hearing this

In theory, would XJ9 be able to successfully fill in and submit a CAPTCHA?
Does Star's wand have a spell that can bypass CAPTCHAs?

What's with all the lewdness of this show?
There's literally an anilingus joke in one episode

>3. Make a suggestion, but don't own up to it in case it sucks
I see you also read Shakes book. Not that I don't find your comparison apt.

>anilingus
Okay, I will need an example of that.

s6e9 - marco eats the whole ass

desuarchive.org/_/search/text/"modern day my life" teenage/
>only results are in this thread
desuarchive.org/_/search/text/"modern my life" teenage/
>0 results
Where the hell are you getting this, op?

>OP makes abstract comparison
>Vague sources claiming to be "commonly referred as"
>Has watched both

You're clearly under aged or you're trying to bait us into a SVTFOE THREAD, but literally no one believes this.

For what it's worth, I do remember people (or at least one person) who used to make that comparison but without using OP's exact meme phrase. But this was in the first half of 2015, in the early EARLY S1 days, before Star Vs. had any noticeable plot.

The comparison, as I recall, was mainly based on "lol Star Vs. has a great concept but mediocre comedy and will never have a plot, and so will be remembered as something akin to My Life as a Teenage Robot, because it could have been good but will have forever wasted its potential. Also no one will remember it quickly"

As I recall that mostly died out once people stopped judging the entire show based on its first episode and realized it did have a plot. Also Star Vs. got retarded recently but for totally opposite reasons than that.

The episode is Collateral Damage

Starstruck and Collateral Damage.

>kissing hole
how they got away with that?

>John: I'll give my "massages" to your kangaroo wife.
>Dale: Thanks mate

Oh hey notsveg.
it me again, myspace url.
i made a new one for you

This is exactly why I made this thread

/thread

spbp

Both shows are utter garbage. There's a similarity.

>Mlaatr
>>>>>>garbage

>filename

It's clearly the boomhauer. Who cosplays him with brown hair?

DangolItelluwutmandangolanimechickstakinovermymindlatelywhileenjoyingthesightofPeggyHill’sthiccassdangolItellyouwhatman

Name one redeeming thing about Mlaatr besides it's artstyle

Well the plot was thought out in a time period when a lot of teenagers preferred to spend their time with friends over household responsibilities rather than looking at their smartphone all day like a bore, so it was geniusly redesigned into a plot where a teenage robot has responsibilities with saving the world but would rather spend time with her friends. The consistency here was undeniably good.

There’s also plenty of well thought out lessons to be learned from each and every episode and it makes plenty of sense. A lot of the characters are likeable not only in their design but also in their personality, even some of the villains. Certainly more versatile than something like, I dunno, Spongebob Squarepants.

Also Jenny

>Well the plot was thought out in a time period when a lot of teenagers preferred to spend their time with friends over household responsibilities rather than looking at their smartphone all day like a bore, so it was geniusly redesigned into a plot where a teenage robot has responsibilities with saving the world but would rather spend time with her friends. The consistency here was undeniably good.
This may quite possibly be the most retarded reason for watching a show I've ever heard of.
>There’s also plenty of well thought out lessons to be learned from each and every episode and it makes plenty of sense. A lot of the characters are likeable not only in their design but also in their personality, even some of the villains. Certainly more versatile than something like, I dunno, Spongebob Squarepants.
Nothing you just wrote there is remotely true.
>Also Jenny
No shit, you disgusting waifufag - who doesn't realize that vastly superior cartoon waifus exist

>>>>Preferring Spongebob over Mlaatr
That’s wrong, you fucking retard

No matter how nonexistent meaning you put into your transparent waifu bait show you can never beat Spongebob "Meme Machine" Squarepants

Spongebob is a meme because of how hilariously awful it became. Imagine my shock!

>Spongebob is a meme because of how hilariously awful it became
Wrong again. It seems you have no understanding of how irony is used

>because of how hilariously awful it became
>implying the earlier seasons stopped existing

I've never heard anyone ever say that. Mlaatr is unwatchable.

Ill just leave this here.

>Denying 2010s Spongebob isn’t god awful
It’s like you willingly disregard the spongebob syndrome meme it’s now known for

it's not unwatchable, it had some pretty good episodes and a lot of people love it, but damn does it feel a bit dated now

I mean, it’s still infinitely more watchable than Teen Titans Go

What does the 2010 status have anything to do with what we're talking about? If you want, the earlier seasons of Spongebob, were far better, entertaining, funny, and occasionally even more subtle in teaching lessons than MLAATR

That’s the problem unfortunately. While early 2000s cartoons tend to be dated, even the 2k3 Teen Titans cartoon, 2010s cartoons are plain and bland. It’s like a lose-lose situation now.

>Spongebob’s lessons
>>>>>>>>>>subtle
Ok cuck

>even the 2k3 Teen Titans cartoon
Fuck. You. 2003 TT is the second-best cartoon ever made.
(Seriously: awesome characterization, humor, plots, art, and music. What else do you want from a cartoon?)

>magical princess show is called modern day MLAATR

Carl Sagan was right.

About what?

Dude, chill. 2k3 Teen Titans easily has to be my favorite 2000s cartoon but it does feel dated which shouldn’t be a surprise

All waifufags for.this show are just pedos in denial
Lmao

Doesn’t that account for everyone on Sup Forums?

that's where you're wrong pal

If by "dated" you mean "superior" due to the horrific degradation of society since the 2000s...

Perhaps

I'm a Jackiefag and she isn't my waifu. She's my daughterfu who's pure needs to be protected and NOT lewded.

Also, Teen Titans would be the first best cartoon ever made, not second.

>THREE different logos on a quasi-480p screencap in the wrong aspect ratio
user, that's disgusting.

Yeah, sure thing friendo whatever you gotta tell yourself to make sure you arent attracted to.those little girls

Sorry man, not enough continuity if nothing else.

I'm not your friend...pal.

Denial? No denial here. I fully acknowledge it.

I swear it was those god damn elves that prevented Teen Titans from gaining more popularity

>MLAATR
>Quality

That doesn't even make sense...

Wouldn’t get good professional reviews if it was garbage

Teen Titans is so not dated that it literally comes in 1080p HD that looks better than many new shitshows.

Perhaps it’d be even more updated if we ever got a season 6 in 1080p... if only that was still possible

>Implying early seasons of Spongebob didn't also get good nay BETTER reviews
You can burn through all the reaction images you have but you know I'm right

Who's that character again? I feel like I've seen her before but quite literally was written off after being used as a plot device.

Angel who we don't deserve who dies for our sins.

Star Butterfly

> t. Starcuck

T h i c c

God that episode sucked.

the ending is were it really took a nose dive, But hey we got some lore for the next episodes right?

Her character was at least fun

And brought a lot of bloody questions, most of them with, why was she in echo creek if she was supposed to protect The monster temple