Storytime

Avengers #676 No surrender part 2

who the fuck is voyager?

the greatest avenger to ever live

>Reusing covers
Is this trying to imply that she went through multiple time loops, or is it just laziness? Wait, why am I even asking?

>this is the retcon issue, isn't?

I personally think it just looks cool.

>Voyager fights the Squadron Sinister's version of Triumph
kek

This is a nice cover.

Time for muscle girls and Noh varr's dad

I'm guessing we'll later get an explanation for why the Black Order isn't dead.

>black swan doesn't get any lines
They really don't know what do with her anymore.

Well, when Falcon vouches for you I guess its OK.

For those curious, the original Metal Master was an obscure Hulk villain that was recently brought back in Black Bolt's current solo series as a fellow prisoner in the Cosmic Jail.
I bet this character was Ewing's idea.

Well that explains Super Giant surviving

I mean, her whole character revolved around the incursions, and with that no longer being a thing there's nothing really for her to do.

Is it me or does the dialogue feel super clunky, I mean when they did this shit with Sentry it was pretty tight as fuck also his mini was the tits.

it's slightly annoying, yes

Oh, so it's a dumb tournament arc. Wow. Glad they're pulling out all the stops on Contest of Champions III.

Hank looks like he wants to punch someone.

They should have left her in obscurity. Considering how she was against destroying everything pairing with Thanos isn't a logical step.

So blue speech bubble is obviously the Grandmaster, who is the red speech bubble?

And everyone died because nobody ever survives explosion cliffhangers

>Triumph
Who?

I hope every issue ends in a "did they all die" cliffhanger, only for the next issue to open with Voyager somehow saving everybody.

tune in next week and remember it's not an event if it takes place in an ongoing title.

>no Carol
Oh good I can skip this issue.

The characters vouching for her do feel forced, but the old comic panels are actually in tone for golden/silver age writing.

This Voyager business reminds me a whole lot of Tanarus.

I think the characters vouching for her is supposed to feel forced because everything about Voyager is fake. She's obviously a creation of some bad guy. It reminds me of Tsukishima from Bleach.

I was referring the the characters vouching for her, it's America-tier clunky. I mean normal people don't talk like that. I do get the flashback panels are supposed to be like that since it's supposed to be Golden Age/Silver Age campy feel. Idk, I guess it's pretty weird since Voyager feels really clunky, I feel like Marvel should have had the hang of this since they already did the forgotten hero shit so many times now. As I've said when they did this with Sentry, it was the fucking tits.

>All-new Metal Master

Oh, hey, they actually acknowledged Metal Master dying in the Black Bolt on-going. Must be Ewing's writing.

Metal master lived, he survived Rave stabbing him

Voyager is more abrupt as a character. Sentry was foreshadowed in the ultimate fantastic four comic, which definitely indicates that he was pitched and built over time.

That appearance also made him the father of all marvel zombies.

Ah yes Zombie Sentry being sent into a time loop through 2 earths to stop the spread. There's like an Sup Forums Marvel Zombies now or something, saw it in my LCS

collector

Not even close to the right art style.

wait, how long has Rogue been separated from Simon, does she still have his powers?

Kind of weird how Voyager is in different positions in each recreation of the Avengers #1 cover.

So Grandmaster and some rando are using Earth as their battleworld?

I like the premise. Wish we got a tease of who Geandmaster is going up against.

Also Rule 63 Champion of the Universe is my new waifu

I think we see him on one of the future covers, doesn't look like an established character.

Supergiant's mind control power
Gives me Avengers Alliance PTSD
REEEEEEEEEEE

So, how much of this issue was Waid, how much was Ewing and how much was Zub?

Waid used this plotline of a forgotten Justice Leaguer back in the 90s with a dude named Triumph

Jesus, they're really pushing poochie hard

>eat oblivion
God this is some stale dialogue.

bump

It definitely is, he joked earlier on Twitter about the "All-New" adjective.

underrated delicious hapa legs in stockings here

>they let ebony maw back on the team

She has his powers copied permanently, they separated at the end of Duggan's uncanny avengers run.

What are the odds we have an X-Men: Apocalypse-style quicksilver scene?

Aw, I can't get mad at this comic.

I thought Metal Master was still alive, just not a villain any more?

Maybe it's the way it's drawn, but this reminds me, a bit too much, about the bus. Too bad everybody's going to survive this time.

He was sent to the prison from which there was supposed to be no return. Presumably his people assumed he was dead.

It seems like a "plucked out of time" scenario if this is all just a Gamesmaster story, this is setting itself up to be a tournament arc

*Grandmaster

boobies

Goddanm why can't they stop shitting on Sam?

>nerd rage
I'm feeling it.

Because this is obviously a preexisting character posing as an original avenger because of time travel shenanigans, they can afford to make it heavy handed. On the other hand Sentry was a new character so he had to feel genuine.

are they poopy buttholing us?

Theory. This guy is Franklin, who retconned himself into reality as a villain to play with his sister or something.

Sam has been replaced by a plastic model.

>Victory
Should I be amused or disappointed that the writers are acknowledging this?

I wanna touch Rogue's floofy hair!

>By Arishem
So she worships the Celestials?

>Kang
So, is he gonna be involved in this story too?

And the mansion just got rebuilt too, only place that gets destroyed more often is the x-mansion.

Well Waid was part of the original Triumph story, why wouldn't he acknowledge it?

They've only referred to him as the challenger, so he's either a new elder of the universe or they're not going to reveal his name until the comic he shows up in comes out.

2meta4me

Jesus Christ, those lineups are horrendous.

Still no Pymtron = meh!

>Sentry 2.0

I didn't like it then, don't like it now.

Retcons like this disgust me. Just fucking make a new character on its own merits you lazy fucks.

...I am pretty sure this is NOT like the Sentry. I think she's put a mind-whammy on them.

More like what happened when Thor died, and Karnilla moved Ulik disguised as Tanarus in his place and everybody forgot Thor had even existed.

Just wait until the story is over. I'm pretty sure that unlike the Sentry, none of these "retcons" are supposed to be real. Voyager is probably part of the villain's plan.

"Janet? Where are you? I need to let off some steam"

This is Triumph 2.0, get your shit straight.

Dude...c'mon even IF she is part of the big bad's plan she'll still do a face turn and they will push her hard for a year.

Or she'll only be a character for this 16 part story and then wont apply or matter ever again.

Nah, I think that she's going to be a part of the main avengers book spinning out of this.

Ok, this page is worth me not paying for the read

Easy: They died during Secret Wars, right? When Earth 616 was recreated, it was reset to just before the first incursion. Therefore anyone who died after that moment (like Captain America and Iron Man, who died with their hands around each others' throats during the final incursion) are restored to life.

She's obviously going to be part of the Fantastic 4 book spinning out of this.