Guardians 2

Just watched this movie, it was pretty great. Did you liked it user? Favorite scene? Favorite music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MV0F_XiR48Q
youtube.com/watch?v=3XoJhhIfihs
youtube.com/watch?v=NTMcqpAzS9c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Ending

You didn't watch it just now, you just made up an excuse to make a thread about the movie.

Not that guy, but who cares.
>He might've been your father, but he wasn't your daddy.
I wasn't expecting these feels. Especially since I saw this with my mom and awesome step-dad.
Fox on the Run was probably my fav music, but I've always been a Sweet fan.

The Chain

Brandy

I've been avoiding the Marvel movies like the plague (been avoiding DC ones too because they're all shit,) I don't think I've seen any of the Marvel movies past Iron Man 2, but the other day they played Gaurdians 2 at work because there was literally nothing to do, and it was every bit as stupid as I thought it would be. None of the characters were interesting, the story was horribly predictable, and the humor was as low-key as it could possibly be. Most of all though, it was just boring. I played chess on my phone through most of it.

I stopped watching after the turd joke dropped in the first 15 minutes.

Rocket fighting off the mooks with all the traps, and I'm always partial to Cheap Trick.

Better question would be what would be in the soundtrack to your Capeshit movie. I'm still pissed that Hocus Pocus by Focus wasn't in Mister Doctor.
youtube.com/watch?v=MV0F_XiR48Q

I find it interesting that we live in a world where Donald Trump is President, Oprah might be the next one...

And the blue dude from Guardians of the Galaxy had a sadder death than fucking Superman.

Mr Blue Sky because I'm a Portalfag.

This one's not as good as the first, but still damn good. It has a stronger villain, stronger feel, and get character development for characters I never thought I'd care about.

user, I had it downloaded ob my notebook, I'm on Iasi in Romania just some gours away from Bucharest, I had time to kill and finaly decided to watch it.

Also answering my own questions,my favorite scene was Yondu aking over his ship with his arrow, that was super satisfying. Also his sacrifice in the end made me tear

Fave music has to be Chain and Brandy. They fit very well the themes.

Wish I had a webm of this scene.

i liked that ambush part too. the freeze frame made it cartoony, but it was still enjoyable.

It's actually the first MCU movie I truly disliked. Gunn is not as funny as he thinks he is.

I felt like it wasn't as good as the first one too, the middle of the movie outside of Rock is not as strong.

I liked the struggles sisters, Gamora hugging her in the end while Nebula hold her tears was great. Overral I think that this movie while not as good as the first, hits harder in the feels, the emotional scenes are stronger.

>my favorite scene was Yondu aking over his ship with his arrow
My man, that was my favourite scene too. Well worth waiting for.

I hope these guys show up in the sequel.

It will be very odd a Guardians movie after Infinity War, and their last one even. The climax of so many characters are related to Thanos.

>Rocket vs the mooks
>retaking the ship
>Brandy
>Mary Poppins
>that ending
I really liked the music choices in this one more than the first, and the emotional scenes hit harder. Even if the first may have been a better move, I enjoyed this one more.

For the life of me I still can't figure out why people like that ending. To me it felt completely unearned.

>twitter: the post

A movie that glorifies a child trafficker
The movie should have been called Yondus Journey

Brandy. I've listened to Brandy a few hundred times since I saw the movie. Fantastic song. The ending destroyed me for personal reasons. Overall great movie, though I can see where the humor fell flat in some places for some people.

Yondu's arrow is the coolest fucking weapon I've ever seen in anything.

shitty movie for shitty people enjoying shitty music

>It's actually the first MCU movie I truly disliked

>When Thor exists
>When Civil War exists
>When Iron Man 2 exists

Nigger what

You know when the first GotG came out and most people said it was good but had too many shitty jokes and quips?

GotG2 has more good scenes but also WAY more shitty jokes and quips. Ruined the movie for me.

>shitty movie

Fine

>shitty people

Fine

>shitty music

Now you're just flat out wrong AND a faggot

>civil war
>bad
Get a life Sup Forums

>Better question would be what would be in the soundtrack to your Capeshit movie

can we stop? So sick that shity movies get praise because they use the biggest hits from the 70s, 80s, 90s, etc.

As if using popular music wansn't playing it safe enough

its a dumb movie, its only liked because of the action scenes.

The actors exchanging lines is cringey as fuck, is like every piece of dialogue is writen so characters can out-cool each other, not to have real dialogue.

You know, every time people want to talk about the bad MCU movies, nobody mentions Norton's Hulk. We truly did a great job in erasing it from our memories, didn't we.

I'm hoping GOTG3 will be all about

"so what do we do now"

"We do what we do best, piss off a few people to save even more"

>"so what do we do now"
>"We do what we do best, piss off a few people to save even more"

I bet that the Guardians in the comics were never this one dimensional and dumb.

eeh they were a little bit. Classic Guardians were more heroic rogues than space drifters, but I don't think people changed all that much over time. Drax and Gamorra were the same for ages, Groot and Peter were the biggest changes. From classic Flash Gordon esc Star-Lord to space bum

You do realise that's just a starting point, right? Not the contents of an entire plot, right? GotG 2 opened with them taking a contract from some gold asshole for Nebula. Then it developed into Peter meeting his genocidal planet father and Yondu trying to find redemption with Rocket.

It's great, even better than the first one.
My favorite scene is airlock execution of the crewguy, when the camera pans to reveal other bodies, and Kraglin telling of it.
Also Mary Poppins scene was boss, Yondu was real gangsta.

I just want Peter and Rocket to be bros.

Meant for

Huge disappointmetn after the 1st became a smash hit. Felt more like a Star Trek episode than a Star Wars movie which clashed horribly with the comedy and non-existent action.

The villain was the worst. 50 fucking minutes of talking with that boring sack of shit before he just goes "oh yeah I killed your mom". People say he was good but he's the same idiotic overtly evil asshole in every movie, he just spend much longer making that apparent.

>You do realise that's just a starting point, right? Not the contents of an entire plot, right?

Who cares if the characters are that shallow?

Drax was ok as a character in movie 1 but in movie 2 all he did was HHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAAH posting in acting form

You didn't cared about him using Mantis as his dauther figure?

It felt like a bottle movie for me, they just hung arounda boring planet & had some family drama

Also I wasnt around Sup Forums when the movie came out, what was Sup Forums's reaction to turning Ego into a celestial

People generaly liked, it fot the movie and simplified everything, as well as making him Peter's father.

The general reaction was just I HATE IT GRRR I HATE IT SO MUCH with some I liked it thrown in.

Real talk why does this movie receive so much hate here compared to other capeshit movies

sequels to good movies have higher expectations.

Marvel

I liked the Yondu stuff and some of the rocket stuff but I hated the Drax stuff

This movie did exactly what I knew it would do. Shoved Baby Groot down the world's throats. And Drax was made into a total joke, I think the one good moment he had was jumping out of the ship to blast one of the gold ships.

Him trying to save Mantis was also nice, as he was engulfed by earth and tried to lift her higher.

It was extremely uneven. For every good aspect or scene, there was one gigantic problem. Unlike the first one that felt surprisingly tight yet still unique, this one felt like it didn't really have more than a few ideas strung together with obnoxiously dragged out joke scenes. Kurt Russel nailed it as Ego though, and I wish he had more scenes without exposition.

>Favorite scene?
Rocket taking on the Ravagers in the woods. Extremely cool moment that really showed why, despite his flaws, Rocket is important to the team.

>Favorite music?
Wham Bam

It'd be cool if they establish Adam Warlock, and have the villain be High Evolutionary, who secretly created the Sovereigns to be servents of his greatest creation. Either that or Magus.

ITT: Sup Forums doesn’t like fun.

>ITT: Sup Forums recognizes that the movie is flawed and doesn't suck its sick just because the mouse said so

FTFY

*dick

AUTOCORRECT FUCKS MY ASSHOLE AGAIN FUCK

this, but unironically

Bump

Incredible Hulk is practically in the same category as the Netflix shows. We all know deep down that they're canon, but no one wants to actually acknowledge them as being part of the MCU.

Didn't care for it. The successful risks of the first movie were discarded. It's oversaturated with comedy, taking away from the good jokes on top of the drama. Wasn't bad, just pretty meh.

It was a good movie. The whole dad thing was a little obvious. But I actually cared about Michael Rooker by the end of it. Of course, it's the same thing they did with Groot. Introduce someone with amazing powers (tree-shit and the arrow) then have them lose that power or die

except that it ends with Banner learning to control the Hulk

Like the first movie it was an unwatchable dull mess, starring non-characters that only break their jokey attitude to cry for 10 seconds and pretend they're doing anything meaningful.

Music is a filler gimmick that tries to distract you from how empty everything else is.

You look like an empty person.

you don't know what he looks like.

>being this defensive over Disney shlock
'sup, Gunn. You'll never make a real movie, you know.

Ego's plan and Kurt's performance were actually pretty fantastic. The problem was that most of his dialogue was either exposition or 80s references.

The history already choose its winner baby. Random angry user can make nothing to change it.

I didn't think this flick was a good as everyone wanted it to be. It had almost none of what made me love the first one so much: main story line was overshadowed by the supporting plots, pacing was slow and a bit of a drag, themes were everything but subtle

Wasnt a bad flick, certainly did a lot right. But in the end it was mostly just a flashy, colorful, memefest with a ton of 80s retro references that lacked all of the tact and charm they brought in the first movie. One of the weaker films of last year.

They have to be. GotG 3 will be so packed with characters it will feel like a huge send off.

Other than a few jokes that really kinda hampered certain scenes this movie was great. Pretty much any scene with Yondu was great and I hope that guy that has his arrow will have a purpose later.

>Better question would be what would be in the soundtrack to your Capeshit movie.
My ideal Batman movie would have a dark synthwave or industrial soundtrack. Maybe a little bit of post-punk in there.

pretty much my thought, like they have a surprisingly touching scene at the end then ruin it by shilling some fucking ipod knockoff

Isn't the joke that its very, very obsolet, but nobody knows it? The guy says that everyone on earth is using, and Peter is imoressed with it having more than 100 musics. Its not shilling, its a present from Youndu, his father figure, like the tapes that he got from his mother on the last movie.

I believe Drax, Mantis and Yondu carried the movie on their shoulders. I can't stand Memelord non-stop quippin', Gamora's lack of any emotion and MUH family issues, Rocket switching from cool gizmo to "but wait he's an unfunny asshole" and Groot's "Minion-fication". I also didn't find Ego THAT cool, although Russell was a welcomed addition..ultimately wasted tho. And Tazerface was terrible, his scenes were terrible and the quips and jokes about him were some of the worst moments I've ever seen in a capeshit flick.
Buuuut I respect people who like the movie as a whole. It offers some nice space adventure stuff and the action scenes are great.
I'm probably one of the few who didn't like the silly intro scene, but I understand I am not the audience Disney- err Marvel is aiming for.

I'll confess I never thought of it like that, I guess my lack of knowledge on mp3 players might be to blame

Best get mad before you understand a simple joke.
Shilling!

Ego reveal was weak and the final fight was meh.
I was hoping for Ego to completely not see what he did as wrong and not understand why Peter was angry.
Having a god like "villain" completely disconnected from morals would have been interesting but it's a summer block buster. Gotta have the pew pew "How dare you!" bullshit.
The fight between Peter and Ego sucked because it was just the dog fight scene all over again inside the center of a planet with a giant monster who wasn't even active most of it.
Peter vs Ego sucked because they are suppose to have all this power and all they could do was turn into big shit and bash each other to the ground.
For what they set up they under delivered.

Ego caring was part of the point, its even explained in the music Brandy.

He staying with Peter's mom would ruin his plan, not because he just loves her...but because admiting that some things other than him are precious and worth to live for would ruin the entire foundation of his plans...and well, he is EGO, so he can't let this happen. This still haunted him, and thats why he needs Mantis to let him sleep tonight.

He is still inhuman on how he casualy ave cancer to someone to avoid temptation.

At night* not tonight

Liked it better than the first one. Come at me.

this

I really liked the first one, but GotG 2 was a slog to get through. Really dropped the ball in terms of potential for out-there cosmic fun.

>>When Iron Man 2 exists

Iron Man at least had that nice fight scene at the end with IM and War Machine going all out against some robots

i have to unfortunately agree. I really liked the first one but its sort of a "happy accident" that is basically impossible to recreate...especially seeing as James Gunn really isn't all that talented of a director. He has flashes of greatness but can never carry it all the way through.

I kept laughing at Rocket doubling down on Taserface

The first one was better. 2 was just a lazy, "give-us-your-money-children" slapjob that you could predict the entire plot of literally 10 minutes in.

I respect your opinion although they wasted two villains in a classic MCU fashion. Thus, let us agree to disagree.

I would argue that epoxy cannons are cooler but that's a book.

>Did you liked it user?
It's pretty decent. Almost as good as the first.
>Favorite scene?
>Favorite music?
Father and Son. Particularly Rocket's little speech right before the credits.

Favorite scene is either when Drax is talking about his family and Mantis uses her empathy powers on him and breaks down into sobs while he looks off into the distance with a calm yet broken expression, the scene where Sylvester Stallone shows up for the first time, or the funeral.

Favorite song is either The Chain, Mr. Blue Skies, or the Cat Stevens song at the end.

i liked it, it was weird though.
>Favorite scene?
youtube.com/watch?v=3XoJhhIfihs
>Favorite music?
i dunno

youtube.com/watch?v=NTMcqpAzS9c

sorry
version without the cut