Dan DiDio on DC’s 2017

>In this particular case with Shazam, we have the right team, we’re just waiting for them to be available. That’s one of the cases there. With a lot of this stuff, it’s interesting with characters like Shazam, and you know what, there’s a couple of books that constantly come up, Shazam, Legion of Super-Heroes, and Justice Society of America.

multiversitycomics.com/interviews/dan-didio-2017/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_One_(DC_Comics_series)
twitter.com/JHickman/status/953756244338266113
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

My dream is Parker, the reality is going to be Waid.

>Waid
>Getting anywhere near DiDio

Soooo is it Johns and Frank then. Doomsday Clock won't be over until 2019 though and Frank would need a couple months to get an issue or two ready.

>Legion of Super-Heroes

i've already accepted it's Bendis/Lee so the actual news should be a present surprise.

Frank's also doing Batman Earth 2.

Calling it now: Bendis and Reis will take over Superman, leaving Tomasi and Gleason to write/draw Shazam. Screen cap this.

Rucka, Dixon, and Robinson all had hate boners for Didio and they all came back to DC recently.

DC doesn't give a shit about OGNs, those are extra projects for when they don't give artists ongoings.

Rucka, Dixon and Robinson are also not all banned from the DC offices.

yeah but he's posted pages from it on twitter so he's working on it

What did Waid do? Hotglue Didio's figurines?

>with Shazam, we have the right team, we’re just waiting for them to be available
They've been saying this for literally years. Fuck Johns for holding SHAZAM ransom.

No one knows, but Waid himself was the one who said that he's banned

Waid's bad blood is with Harras and it's from Marvel days

>yfw it's Bendis

>DC doesn't give a shit about OGNs, those are extra projects for when they don't give artists ongoings.

Fuck off retard, if they didn't care they wouldn't release them and put big name artists on them.

If it were more street level then I'd be okay with that.
Fun street level teenagers is more his speed than fuckin Superman.

No, YOU fuck off. If they actually cared they'd be semi regular instead of every 3-4 years.

stop spreading this meme dummy.

im gonna be as old as these guys before it comes out

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_One_(DC_Comics_series)

But they do release them regularly, at least one a year. Last year was the only exception. This year is Green Lantern and Wonder Woman.

Check and mate user.

lol why did I think they were earth-2? i know that's JSA earth!

well was

we're getting wonder woman 2 already?

>What’s a book you think didn’t get its due in 2017? What’s a book you wish more readers picked up from DC?

>DD: Interesting question. I don’t know, you know I’m a sucker for the Hanna-Barbera stuff. Again, like I said, when the DC stuff is clicking, it’s harder to find some of the stuff that’s on the edges, “The Jetsons” did an amazing job for us. I love “Scooby Apocalypse.” It’s lots of stuff.

>My pet project, which has been “The Kamandi Challenge,” it’s always a tough sell. That’s one of the reasons why we’ve never done an ongoing series with [Kamandi]. If anything, if you pull a book together once you see the collection, the level of talent that has been associated with that book is really just a snapshot of a who’s who of the creators for this particular period of time in comics.

How much more slack are you gonna give Satan while he dances of the grave of the former best universe in comics?

And yet it'll be 3 years between Superman's last volume and likely 4 years between Batman's last volume. Because they don't care about it as much as they do ongoings and Doomsday Clock.

It'll probably be 3 years between Teen Titans as well.

Actually 4 years between SEO since it won't come out in 2018 and 2019 would be the earliest.

Also Aquaman Earth One got pushed back because again, DC priortized Trinity (an ongoing) over Aquaman Earth One (an OGN).

And Kamandi was shit. Who da thought?

Waid also said DC wasn't publishing trades of his Flash run because they were purposedly blocking him, got quiet when DC announced they were publishing said trades, then bitched again when DC re-solicited saying they cancelled the trade and that they hated him, then went quiet again when DC announced the new date.

In conclusion, Waid is a drama queen.

King's issue was amazing.

>Waid also said DC wasn't publishing trades of his Flash run because they were purposedly blocking him

to be fair we all thought that.

him going apeshit over them getting resolicited was embarrassing though.

Don't try to argue with brainlets

>this particular case with Shazam
>characters like Shazam
>Shazam

I'm never going to read "Shazam" and not think of the actual wizrard bearded old guy on the rock.

I mean I get why they don't call him Captain Marvel anymore. But he's called Shazam and he has to say that word to turn and the wizard is also named Shazam.

Way too much. Call him Captain Miracle or something I don't know.

i really thought he was gonna get the Captain Thunder name from Flashpoint

Captain Thunder gets my vote, anything really.

Captain Miracle is already a copyrighted name, dumdum

>Captain ________

Thunder
Marvelous
Lighting
Might
Mighty
M

what else?

>I'm never going to read "Shazam"
Oh my GOD! Nobody cares you fucking autist.

I'll take your word for it. Maybe the TMNT team vetoed his idea to make Kamandi a suicidal mess stuck in a nine panel grid.

>With Shazam, we’re really just waiting for one particular creative team to come free. They’ve expressed so much interest in it that we’re just holding it for them until that period of time.
Bendis? Maybe Slott since he's getting kicked off Amazing? Who else could they be waiting for?
>A couple of those are actually tied to an event story that’s taking place right now,
Hopefully this means we'll get JSA and LOSH books coming out of Doomsday Clock since clearly Johns wants those.

He's not banned and a couple of months ago he said he's in talks to doing something at DC(since he's butt buddies with Johns and Johns has gotten all his hack friends hired back). Anyway, he's a delusional autist and in his mind he probably thinks that but for the most part he's just playing the victim.

so this basically confirmed that Johns/Frank will do LoSH or JSA
my bet is on LoSH

>Tomasi and Gleason to write/draw Shazam. Screen cap this.
I can see this

>Hopefully this means we'll get JSA and LOSH books coming out of Doomsday Clock since clearly Johns wants those.
Hickman is teasing wanting to write LOSH again
twitter.com/JHickman/status/953756244338266113

Wasn't Waid the one who got blacklisted for being a screaming child throwing actual temper tantrums in the office?

Hickman isn't "teasing" anything. He's just trolling like he always does.

BEEENNNDDDIIISSSSSS

That fire Rick Remender thing was still gold

Based Didio

>'m never going to read "Shazam" and not be a autistic screech
no one cares nostalgiafag

This motherfucker has been saying this for fucking years. Where is the Shazam Dido you said there would be Shazam.

Better yet, they should pull a Ghostbusters and call him The REAL Captain Marvel.
Imagine Marveldrones and Carolfags' reaction after they find that out.

The one who writes Shazam will be Slott.

Shazam is good and all but Martian Manhunter really needs to come back. Don't hold DCYou against him, all the books flopped but his was actually good and Starfire and Cyborg still are around.

It will Be Johns and Frank

JMS quit Comics so Earth One Superman is probably finished. Frank will be doing Batman Earth One vol 3 after Doomsday Clock.

>I'm never going to read "Shazam" and not think of the actual wizrard bearded old guy on the rock.
Most kids associate Captain Marvel with Carol now.

On one hand yeah he’s just fucking around with that poll. But Bleeding Cuck seems to think he’s pitched a series to DC, and I believe he had lunch with Jim Lee, so who knows. Rich is 99% bullshit so I’m not holding my breath.

Waid sucks meme needs to die. He's only been shit for 2 years compared to 20-30 years of writing.

Would make sense since they've only been doing father son dynamics for the past decade why not just stick them on captain marvel.

eat it, grandpa

I will skullfuck your corpse newfag

Rich is more 50/50
Rich got like 95% of a Rebirth right so clearly somebody was giving him info

He definitely has someone in the superman office because he was able to drop the "buzzfeed's about to do something related to Berganza" a few days before

Hickman's shadowbanned from Big 2. He knows why. He deserves it, too.

I just want Geoff to be relieved of the sisyphean task that is trying to make DC Comics movies at WB and come back so he can write the new JSA titles like the good ol' days.

Pls user, redpill us.

Most kids have never heard the name Captain Marvel.

The ones that have either watched Young Justice, Batman: The Brave and the Bold or Avengers Assemble.

It's the same thing that happened to Kamandi. But the benefit here is Warner Bros trying to make a movie happen, which should make even fanboy editors get SOMETHING done.

And the part Waid failed to mention was that 52's production was a nightmare. Late scripts, constant changes in plot, forced to last minute a 4 issue mini to explain the ending. Last minute writer added on to finish everything. None of the writers talking to each other about their plots.

Countdown Done Right, was always about smoothly it came down the line. None of the issues from 52 were present from start to finish.

Name anything good he did in the 2000s?

Slott would unironically be the best choice if the other options are just Waid, Johns and Benis.

Superman: Birthright

The Brave and the Bold

Only one of them was good.

Okay nigga.

And they basically threw out the entire core concept of the book one third into the book. And there's a small continuity error in the book, because Johns delayed a Black Adam/Isis engagement plot point and Rucka didn't get the memo on that, so you have Renee and Question arriving into Kahndaq and everybody is celebrating the marriage news that had no yet been announced in the story.

That's largely due to most writers today being total amateurs in one-and-done storytelling. Giffen's issue was fun and quite satisfying. Williamson's issue had a good stuff in it, some other issues too. Overall it was a mess because it was just an experimental comic with twelve barely connected issues glued together by cliffhanger endings. It was fun, but you knew it wasn't going to be great.

I wish it is Neal Adams. He's a better writer than 99% of writers at DC.