What does Sup Forums think of monster high

what does Sup Forums think of monster high

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pMxr7XXCohM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Mattel has made better cartoons but was fun while it lasted.

it's a run of the mill show, although I did have watching a guy stream himself playing the licensed game for 9 hours straight trying to get all the achievements

I regularly listen to the music from it, but aside from that I've only seen the Boo York movie

I believe in hate at first sight.

The online shorts were okay, cute enough, if not a bit clunky at times (worse when they first came out, obviously) but the 3D movies had some charm, found them comfy.
The toys (in the beginning) were top tier.
Abbey is best girl.

Also had this, which was really cute

youtube.com/watch?v=pMxr7XXCohM

Better than Equestria Girls

I really liked Welcome to Monster High. Can't say the same for the movie that followed, or much of the stuff that preceded it.

Too bad that the dolls don't look like the models in WtMH, either.

Shame they’ll probably never make another new movie in the new style what with the dolls doing so badly.

THE REBOOT WAS A MISTAKE

Yes, it was.
The reboot could have done decent, but I’m pretty sure Electrified flopping so hard really hurt it.

false

I heard it was because it was "too scary". Not like that was the entire shtick or anything

True

>too scary
Literally how, reboot MH is incredibly vanilla compared to how it was pre-reboot.

I meant prior to the reboot. It's whole shtick was it was spooky. "Freaky Got Fabulous" as they say.

Oh yeah I already knew about that.
Pre-reboot had moms complaining about the dolls being too scary, too much makeup, and their clothing too scandalous.

Nah, soccer moms thought the dolls were too risqué and after Mattel lost the Disney princess license they decided to retool Monster High to appeal to littler kids.

>Tfw there will never be a demon trio in Monster High
Why live?

Wouldn't you rather have another Draculaura and werecat #715624878?

Please no. I'm sick of vampires. Put in some demons

Don't be a bitch just because you can't speak a foreign language, OP. Ghoulia best girl.

didn't they back up though? I swear this Christmas line up was back to the "vanilla" designs.

god forbid they give any focus to characters that only got one or two dolls before getting completely ignored.

>mfw Ghoulia got the boot because mommy bloggers thought Mattel was making fun of autistic kids

>the smartest character in canon gets removed because soccer moms got offended at a zombie for looking and sounding like a zombie

That was a fun little comic. I liked that cute story about Deuce and Cleo's relationship. Also, the confirmation that Jackson's a big ol' virgin.

sounds like "yew, nerds are gross I don't want my princess self insert by proxy becoming THAT"

Y'see, they shoulda torn up 'er skin a bit. Made her have a gaping hole in her cheek. Then again, they'd still complain

It was mostly because she spoke in moans and groans, like a zombie. She also made sillier faces and didn’t stand normal most of the time, I doubt any of the moms even knew she was smart.

Is this why they never introduced any Yokai characters? Because soccer moms?

My favorite little touch is that she blinks one eye at a time.

>Yokai
o boy, a yuki onna and possibly a ghost with a panties on her head. and they eat sushi and do karate, and use Japanese words in the middle of simple sentences. So original. I think the west has tried enough with raping Jap folklore already.

Have they had any news of any upcoming doll lines after the garden one, or is it dead? I used to collect them, but quit after the reboot.

Most of the unique outfits were replaced with basically the same dress style for every character.

Probably, Mattel would tread somewhat carefully with what monsters they made into characters.

I personally loved Ghoulia. She was the token awkward nerd, but I personally could actually relate to her; seeing as I'm also an awkward nerd person.

They’re releasing a Ballet line with Cleo, Draculaura and Moanica, but it’s nothing really special.

Not enough horse waifus

More likely is that Monster High was already winding down a bit by the time they started introducing international characters and Mattel wanted to keep things cheap.

Frankie's little sister is supposed to be coming out as well as a new Howleen. After that, who knows.

there's a whole fucking line of """""""""centaurs"""""""""" that looks like bootlegs on crack and AIDS

What I'm saying is something that isn't European monsters, Y'know?

Well actually there was Kiyomi Haunterly, daughter of the Noppera-bō, a faceless ghost.

You can't be on AIDs, you dolt.

The comics had a cute unicorn girl backgrounder.

There was a decent amount of non-European monsters

I'm saying that why not have other Yokai in it too like a Rokurokubi, a Kappa, a Nekomata, Kitsune, or even a Tengu?

>Nekomata
that's basically the catgirl's gang, considering there's no cat monster in western folklore.

There actually was a kitsune girl planned at one point, but at that point Mattel pulled the reboot, so we are likely not going to see very many diverse monsters with MH now.

Actually, according to Japanese mythology, they are highly dangerous cat Yokai that kills humans and eats them. Not always because it's hungry, sometimes it's just because it wants to kill

She was a Kumiho, actually.

Ah, my bad

>cummie hoe

>No cat monster in western folklore
There's the cactus cat

>It can freely transform, among other things, into a beautiful woman often set out to seduce boys, and eat their liver or heart
How appropriate.

Foolish user.

Because Mattel pulled a reboot so now all you’re getting is generic vanilla monsters.

Why isn't goatman in Monster High yet? Or the Jersey Devil? Or even a bunyip?

literal semen demon

the what now?

you still have to keep in mind the toy industry is global and those minor American "monsters" woudln't sell, not even on the USA territory.
Sure you can have some attempt at collectors with those rare monsters but don't expect more than background characters roles or "one episode" things.

>Jersey Devil
They'd just dress her like Snooki.

Did you not read what I just told you?

A cactus cat

>Kappa
>OH HEY GIRL WHAT'CHA EATING FOR LUNCH

I'd honestly not be opposed to that.

Those rare monsters really would be best fit for stuff like SDCC releases or online releases for the adult collectors, surprised Mattel never jumped on that.

I'm surprised they haven't jumped the shark and put a normie transfer student in the show, that owuld become Draculaura's BFF and by the end of the season, be the actual leader center of the show, so kids can relate more.

That's because all the humans are extinct except for that one town in Ghouls Rule

user is talking about the reboot.

>That's because all the humans are extinct except for that one
That's perfect. humans being rarer than bigfoot and becoming mythical themselves.

It's heavily implied that humans are extinct in pre reboot Monster High

It’s actually a bit more confusing, since they pretty much drop all human drama after Ghouls Rule and focus more on monster world environments.
Which I wish they did in the reboot right away instead of going back to the ‘monsters have to hide from humans’ plot, it’s so goddamn boring.

That's because they tried to fix something that wasn't broken

Now I really want one. Preferably looking like the South Park version.

Still not as good as best Kumiho/Gumiho

That's not a high bar to clear

go away pan

Don't diss the pizza with good taste!

I just realized she has the dreaded Tumblr nose

>That's perfect. humans being rarer than bigfoot and becoming mythical themselves.
Life in World of Darkness setting(s)