Shelf (Shelves) and Hauls

Post your shelf (shelves) and recent hauls, let's make some people drool. This ain't even my shelves final form btw, I still got 2 more omnibuses and the rest of the Uncanny X-Force trades coming in the mail. And more books in my living room.

Here's opening Green Lantern Geoff Johns Omnibus

youtu.be/twdEUoIBebA

Other urls found in this thread:

instocktrades.com/TP/Marvel/VISION-HC/OCT170993
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

My autism DEMANDS MORE BOOKS

Nothing new , about to order hell on earth omni and Abe omni and maybe King City because I got an Amazon gift card for Christmas

I got 3 racks for Christmas, Mark Waid Daredevil Omni and Brian Posehn Deadpool Omnibus is on the way

How do I go about collecting Dark Horse Berserk?

You are a true nerd, sir

Hello /shelf/, I am looking to get into the marvel cosmic and would appreciate if I could get them in omnibus form or hardback. What should I start with? I was looking to enter at the Annihilation/Thanos Imperative/War of Kings point, or should I start earlier?

this one is old and as of now it's organized differently
i also haven't bought books in awhile

Annihilation is very expensive in hardback format, but they are reprinting the softcover trades for it later this year

I got the Shazam Family vol 1 Archive Edition and holy hell is it nice. Unglossed pages, but everything is so sharp and clear!
Also I got the Imagine- Stan Lee Creates the DC Universe Omni, and it's nice too.

I wish I had a camera because I had to reorganize my bookcase because of them.

Question for Sup Forums
How do you prefer to organise your capeshit. I organise my shelf by hardcovers and then trades as it looks better however I've seen a couple anons in these threads organise their shelf chronologically regardless of the type of comic.

No shit? Ive been dying to read it.

instocktrades has a few early and newer volumes, the ones in the middle you'll probably need to buy second hand

Annhilation is great, conquest is better.

i thought conquest had the best mini of the both with the starlord one but that everything else was worse

Nice trolling, dude. Conquest isn't even good.

Annihilation: Conquest sells for $90 US new on amazon.
Annihilation itself sells for $599.95 US used on amazon. They haven't reprinted it in three/four years.

So of the cosmic marvel, if I had to get just one omnibus, would I get Annihilation Conquest or War of Kings?

Out of those two War of Kings is better.

Go for War of Kings

I wouldn't bait in /shelf/ user. I prefer conquest.

Fucking ice on the ground hates comics so this week's new releases didn't hit most of Texas.

I ain't made for this ice shit, I don't know how other states deal with it regularly.

Interesting, I found WoK a little boring. I liked the build up and aftermath, though.

>MFW my books came the morning before the snow hit

To each its own. Cosmic marvel is great as a whole, yey war of kings has my favorite reaction splash page.

>My King do you like your live action counterpart?

>tfw books came on time in Minnesota even though we got a bunch of snow a couple days before
feelsgoodman.jpg

I agree the whole thing was good.
My take on WoK may have been due to burnout on my part. Also the release order of the omnis was weird.

Yeah, but fuck the fucking heat/humidty ya'll get. I lived in Dallas for five years.

It's the difference between snow in the north and south.
In the north, it's consistently cold, so when the snow hits the roads, it doesn't melt and refreeze.
In the south, it's such a rare occurrence that it's cheaper to just hole up for a day or two until it's over. We don't have sand and gravel trucks, we don't have snowplows in any large number, and we don't have chains for our tires.
Last month Georgia got 12 inches. The last time we had that much was 1993. And after that, there was a good 10 years without any snow.
The fact that snow has hit us twice within a year is mindboggling

Alright, I need something to read. Should I buy
>Blue Beetle DC showcase
> Silver Surfer epic collection: when calls Galactus
>X-Men epic collection: the gift
or
>Futurama/Simpsons crossover crisis

Floppies from this week. Decided to check out Paradiso since I saw some decent reviews for it

Miller's Daredevil, Gotham Central, and Sandman Omni 2 are my new stuff. Will keep me entertained for a minute.

Just finished reading Fury My War Gone By. It could be the best thing Ennis has ever written. Fucking fantastic. Also finishing up the Nao of Brown which is some wonderful shit.

I'm not fond of "Best Of" collections as a matter of principle, so I say Futurama/Simpsons.

I'm loving Kill or Be Killed but I'm a sucker for Brubaker crime stories.

Epics aren't best of collections, they're just a year or so of a run.

Man that 12 inch snow fall was so good. It was like a winter wonderland outside.

These last days, fuck. Below 20 degrees and nothing to show for it except ice and mush.

I want it just once again.
I missed my first chance to make a snowman.

It's one of the books I look forward to the most every month. The first few issues were just okay for me, but I've been finding myself loving it more and more as the story progressed. The last arc in particular was insane and the ending was just so satisfying. I'm really excited to see where this new arc goes like how the hell does Dylan get out of the mental institution[?/spoiler]

I wouldn't really call the epics "best of" collections, they're pretty sizable TPBs with complete arcs and pretty much all relevant issues included. Plus I'm too poor and ADHD for omnis

just picked up kill or be killed vol 3.
by publisher, then date published within the publisher groups. for the most part
that cover for kill or be killed looks like smallwood's cover for moon knight 1

Well the ADHD I can't help you with, but Omnis are all about learning where and when to buy.

I have the Fourth World, DC 1 Million, and Just Imagine Omnis, as well as Absolute Sinestro Corp War.
The most I paid for any of them was Fourth World at about $50. IST's usual discount, plus an extra two percent on sale.
The rest cost like $30 a pop because I got them from a liquidator.

The gimmick with Epics is that Marvel's plan is that eventually those will collect entire series so it's all in print

I got the Fourth World and the Kirby Monsters omni with that discount. It was sweet.

Thanks for the advice

anyone got the vision hardcover?

>tfw want to get Fourth World omni but know the printing error will bug the hell out of me
Why must DC's trade department be complete shit

Then you might be able to imagine how smug I was when I looked back a day or two later and saw that 48%.

I'd be into it, they're pretty nice and reasonably priced (a few months after they are released that is)

damn i got the fourth world omni at IST for 75 at 50% and i thought that was a good deal.

If $75 was the 50% price, that's what I paid.
I just have a shit memory for numbers.

Where's that user with the Hellboy statue? I want to see it again

They better fucking reprint the omni. My one regret of waiting to buy something and it going out of print.

I paid £68 for the Fourth World omnibus. Most i've ever spent on a new book.
Only reason i forked out was because it was more expensive everywhere else and it seems the type of book they'll let slip out of print.

Fucking Brexit man. I miss the days when brand new absolute editions on speedyhen were £39 and the smaller ones like Superman: For Tomorrow or Green Lantern: Rebirth were about £29.

It is a really minor error in the least important issue of Jimmy.

anyone got the amazing spiderman omnis? how are they?

Still, if I knew where the complaint box was, I'd send one every day until they fix it.

I have all three AMS omnis, The Stern omni and the Larsen omni.
I love them. I read the first AMS omni got to the end and read it again.

Got new shelves for my room, everything (minus potato photo) is looking nice.

Why do so many of these threads have more marvel collectors than DC?

I get you. I'm just putting it out there. I'd hate for anyone to hold off on getting it and get nothing at all in the end.

Sup Forums prefers Marvel.

My mates gave me my birthday gift early, absolutely loving him.

thanks. i think im gonna pick up the first volume

Marvel is bit ahead of DC on the omnis- for now. Also, as everyone likes to point out, DC has lots if shortish "ground breaking" stories like watchmen. Marvel is best enjoyed in long runs, which take up more shelf space.

marvel is better

/shelf/ likes old Marvel for sure.

Size-Publisher-Character/team. Right now because of space I have some of my favorites front and nicely, will probably change them in the next dusting and cleaning of the shelf.

HC vertigo and DC
Omnis Marvel
TPs equal maybe.
I say I have a nice equilibrium.

That is a sweet Morpheus

Please take non potato photo this shelf looks amazing

I have over 40 marvel omnis. I'm not sure how things got so out if control.

I posted the Usagi before but I had some other gifts come in through the mail so I have my full Sup Forums birthday acquisitions now.

I don't know where I'm even going to put it, none of my shelves are big enough

>out of control.
Do you have shelving for them?
Do you have money for food?
Then I don't see the problem yet.

Okay, I guess I'll post my main shelf with most of my books.
I do hope you'll excuse me, most of the book's titles are in Spanish because I'm Mexican
If you have any doubt about any book please feel free to ask
1/3

I count like 5 scorpions and you stuff is in Spanish, are you from Durango user?

>I'm not sure how things got so out if control.
collecting is addictive, i have to fight off the urge to buy comics pretty much every day, and I have 2 omnis and about 8 trades sitting on my desk i haven't even opened yet

Fuck, posted them out of order, that one was supposed to be the 2nd one.
2/3

And 3/3

Yes, I would like to see those Age of Apocalyse in MY shelf, thank you.

Nope, I just really like scorpions, but yeah Im from México city, I think with we are now 3 anons from mexico here.

How are the spider verse ones? do they reprint everything Televisa printed in floppies?

Yes, those Spider-Verse ones have absolutely everything with regards to the event.

Lets make this a spanish block of shelves, the rest of mine you have seen.

Is there any reason NOT to get this? I had a free trial for Marvel Unlimited for a while and read up to issue #6, I think, and was enjoying it a lot. Does it finish strong? (no spoilers pls)

instocktrades.com/TP/Marvel/VISION-HC/OCT170993

Still waiting for a store here to send me a trade from Guadalajara. If its not here in a week and a half I'll start asking for it.

Damn, man, why do some of your books look so dilapidated?
I own more than a couple of the same books as you and they do not look that bad

I didn't like the second half as much as the first. If you're a huge fan I suppose it's cheaper than the two overpriced trades.

Some I just grabbed on the cheap, some I read a lot and Watchmen has been read at least by 20 people. Its not a excuse, but at least I like to think that a read book is a happy book if a little rough.

I guess that makes sense.

Here's my newest shelf

What's your guy's experience buying a used book from Amazon?

varies pretty wildly depending on seller. I'm currently waiting on a used manga that has taken almost a month to get here so there's that

>vinyl collection
nice, got any other classic hip hop albums?

I'm extremely fucking picky
If I can't find it new on Amazon I either bite the bullet and just go to my nearest comic shop and buy it for slightly more or just do nothing.
I don't trust anyone I haven't dealt with before with handling comic books.

A bunch, hip-hop was my life for a while

DC researched omnibus technology later. They had absolutes, but not well made omnibuses. They have a good set of thicker softcovers now though.

Marvel is also bad at doing multiple printings of stuff, so you need to buy their hardcovers quickly or they go oop fast.

The only one I've done so far is Supergods by Morrison, and it was great.
Not fresh off the truck quality, but the previous owner wasn't a slob and it came with the little dust cover.

I'm contemplating getting the HC Multiversity, but I don't want to if there's going to be a Absolute.
What are the odds?

nice taste, I have a couple of those myself