Why are these films so mercilessly trashed by critics?

Why are these films so mercilessly trashed by critics?

Because they're bad

No idea. They are cute.

Probably because Mavis is the only thing anyone cares about it from them here and they are otherwise genuinely bad and generic.

seeing those faces just make me miss that Popeye movie concept

That's what I was thinking too. I do like how Sony animations goes for that more cartoony look when compared to Disney, who just has their 3D characters moving like actual humans apart from some rare instances.

The first movie was actually pretty good.
The second was meh at best.
I don't have high hopes for the third.

Adam Sandler has rubbed them the wrong way one too many times.

this

>"So let's take out our frustrations on this perfectly fun children's movie series."

Seriously, anything involving Sandler will be shit on. Even if it's actually good.

I liked Blended, but it got shit on just cause of his existance

The movie manages to crap all over its own theme of "your children will not be you, and that is ok" in the last five minutes

>numales take open-mouthed selfie.jpg

probably becuase they try to be cool and hip with the kids sometimes. for example, they played sexy and i know it in the first movie

I love the movies, but the critics probably dislike them because
> not Disney
> the only cartoons they watch are Disney
> Adam Sandler
> doesn’t challenge societal norms (inb4 pol) like Disney

I have nothing against Sandler, but hearing him do a Dracula voice is like finger nails on a chalkboard to me.

I see people complaining that its treated unfairly, but not a single note about what it does well.

>not a selfie

Does anyone else find Adam Sandler horrendously unfunny? Like, how-the-fuck-did-this-guy-ever-make-it-onto-television-let-alone-become-a-household-name levels of unfunny?

I thought Happy Gilmore, the Waterboy, Big Daddy and Billy Madison were all decent movies

t. has never seen Happy Gilmore or What the Hell Happened to Me.

>tfw you believe that Sandler can do no wrong by going to other directors for movies, a la Punch Drunk Love
>then the Cobbler comes out

He's okay. His entire filmography is hit or miss.

First was super cute. 2nd felt wrong. Mavis looking the exact same other than 3 seconds of bat form for her pregnancy was shit. Least let the girl look more like a hipster mom if you're gonna make her into a mom. She looks like a goth baby sitter not a mom. Also Winnie not aging so that she can zing with the ginger baby was even stupider.
This next one will be shit.

So how much power do you think Adam Sandler has over this franchise

Probably very little.

>2018
>([current year]+3)
>still believing in (((critics)))

His earlier works were basically something new and fresh to audiences and people loved a foul mouthed comedian back then. The problem was that he didn't really try anything new and when he does his massive ego gets in the way and damages the movie.

dance party endings

He literally made them scrap the original Dracula design because it didn't look enough like him.

Genndy, should do more 3D. I can't go back to Pixar films and don't think they look like plastic dolls, now.
He really doesn't give a fuck and makes it cartoonish as possible.

You're telling me you don't love a movie where a kid impregnates his hot teacher, becomes king of the school, gets free money, and he gets to play the petulant manchild while Adam Sanberg has to play the fucking straight man in the film?

that's cute

Sandler.

Critics hate everything he does automatically.

Redlettermedia explains it. His recent movies are super-lazy money laundering schemes between himself, his friends, studios, and product-placement sponsors, and an excuse for him to go on a vacation to somewhere cool with his friends and family for a few months without doing any hard work.

For clicks.

True. Shame most of the stories are so trash.

I think he's got some kind of shitty midas touch, in that he invariable ruins the movies he acts in. Can't stand him.

I'll take a stab at it:
>Genndy is a top-tier animator, he translates his skill at cartoon design and motion to the cgi medium without a hitch
>Andy Samberg is genuinely good at comic timing, you don't have to like him or can find his other stuff annoying to accept this
>Drac character is pretty amusing and charismatic
>Steve Buscemi is a depressed werewolf whose children keep him awake
>There's a sexy mummy

He's been in plenty of decent things, and plenty of garbage. That one where he and Samberg are a father and son was tragic. The money laundering explanation is the best, perhaps only, fit for why a movie so awful would be made.

Holy shit this
>spend 90 mins worrying that the kid won’t be a vampire
>oh shit he didn’t grow fangs, he won’t be a monster, but that’s ok!
>LOL jk he was a vampire all along