AT is almost over

>AT is almost over

I'm not ready

I am, bring on the finale already.

I'm worried. Regular Show spent an entire season prepping for its ending and it was alright but not great, while Adventure Time has been sporadically adding in even more shit with a dwindling amount of episodes remaining and an absolute mountain of issues needing to be addressed. There's no fucking way this will end well or even remotely satisfyingly. How could they have been so fucking dumb as to add in some barely interesting plot line like Bubblegum's extended family with only a handful of episodes to work with and a bajillion other issues that need wrapping up?

There is a lot of way it can end satisfyingly. Just drop the stupid plot bullshit and have a decent episode where Finn and Jake do Finn and Jake things, like delivering tarts or having a movie night, maybe slay a few monsters, find some old world garbage, have a dance party, (except not actually any of those things because they've done them before). They just need to stop with fucking self insert melodrama and end this ridiculous "epic new grasping at straws backstory" thing that has defined the last 3-4 seasons.

AT can wrap up a lot of shit when it actually wants to, and most of the plot threads are interconnected - Betty/Normal Man, Ice King, GOLB etc. They even had a break in production to plan it out so I'm not too worried.

Unless they do a "but that is another story..." style Conan ending, I don't see them delivering. Them jumping into Gumbald is going to fuck over everything, it is a terrible mistake. Are they going to shoehorn in endings to all of the loose threads, and play into the Lemonhope aspects as well? It's going to be a disaster.

I think you're underestimating how much they can accomplish in 8 episodes. That's a lot for AT if they use them wisely.
>and play into the Lemonhope aspects as well?
I kind of hope they leave that a mystery, but it would be easy to tie that into the Gumbald plotline if they wanted.

One of the main producers (Kent Osborne or Jack Pendarvis, don't remember) said that not all plot threads will be resolved.

Thank god. This show died in the 4th season and they've been Weekend at Bernie's-ing it for a long time

Horseshit. AT never became a zombie show like Spongebob and the Simpsons did by becoming insipid, derivative trash. Say what you will about AT but it always stayed inventive.

There's so much secondary and tertiary characters that need development!
Ok, I mean, -I- need, but still.

No it didn't. It turned into shipping, relationshit problems, and re-occurring typical villains when they wanted to add in a "omg so dire" moment to the series. The last creative and new thing they actually did was islands. Everything else has been recycled garbage that was just boring and drama instead of exploration or seeing new concepts.

What is pendleton ward up to these days anyway?

Haven't heard much about him since he stopped working on AT fulltime.

You're simply wrong. Season 4 is when the show started to become more experimental. Seasons 5/6 had some of the most out there conceptual episodes in the entire series, like Bad Timing, Time Sandwich, Is That You, You Forgot Your Floaties etc etc.

> It turned into shipping
No it didn't. It's such a minor part of the show, and the FP break up stuff ended years ago, yet people keep harping on it like it's a constant thing.

Because none of that should have been a thing. Neither finn wanting to fuck bubble gum princess, nor the lesbian, shit, nor the huntress wizard shit, none. NONE of it should have been a thing in concept, it was all fucking trash and ruined by shipping, muh feels, shitty rebecca sugar songs, and these story arcs that last multiple seasons because writing is too hard to do a continuous story arc at once.

What was creative about islands?
>Season 4 is when the show started to become more experimental
Season 4 didn't attempt to have melodramatic character arcs that were all entirely awful
>Bad Timing
The worst episode in the series, you don't seem to be contesting the point that after Season 4 AT went to shit
>Time Sandwich
How was this "out there?"
>"is that you?"
bad
>"you forgot your floaties"
bad
>No it didn't. It's such a minor part of the show
They made a really big thing about it, and continue to, with Finn's PB issues, Finn and FP and their breakup which lasted basically the whole season, PB and Marceline, FInn and HW.
It takes up way more time than it should even when it's not the focus of the episode.

You're supposed to be contesting the point that AT turned to shit after season 4 but you don't even begin to do that.

It made them create a new setting that wasn't already established by ward and it was pretty interesting. It wasn't 10/10 but they made it cool enough to be like "wow, this isn't unimaginative garbage."

>and these story arcs that last multiple seasons because writing is too hard to do a continuous story arc at once.
That's just how the storytelling in AT is done. You might not like it, but it's not a flaw. Personally, I love seeing how the story threads develop over the seasons and intersect in unpredictable ways. It creates a feeling that Ooo is a living, breathing world that exists outside of the parts we're shown.

>Season 4 didn't attempt to have melodramatic character arcs
? What are you smoking mate, S4 is probably the most melodramatic season of all: Hot to the Touch, Burning Low, Princess Cookie, I Remember You...

>The worst episode in the series
The point made was about creativity, and Bad Timing is undeniably a creative episode.

>How was this "out there?"
There are better choices than this ep admittedly, but the time gimmick where it only slowed a certain space was pretty creative.

>They made a really big thing about it, and continue to, with Finn's PB issues
No, they don't. Finn get over that shit aaages ago.

> Finn and FP and their breakup which lasted basically the whole season
There's like 5 episodes in the whole season, this gets massively overblown. Same with Bubbline.

>You're supposed to be contesting the point that AT turned to shit after season 4 but you don't even begin to do that.
I am contesting the notion that AT became a zombie show. Please read.

Season 5 had far more good episodes than bad, not that Season 5 didn't have quite a few bad points, with pointless episodes like finn the human and jake the dog, betty, simon and marcy, but it did have quite a few good ones, notably BMO lost, A glitch is a glitch, Candy Streets, Wizards only

If definitely the point of decline, but it's not an entirely bad season
Nothing was already established by Ward, they were making it up as they went along from the very beginning, and no point of this was a "new setting" except what they started making up was boring, filled with inconsistencies as far as character motivations and personalities as a whole.
>S4 is probably the most melodramatic season of all: Hot to the Touch, Burning Low, Princess Cookie, I Remember You
You don't know what melodrama is.
>Bad Timing is undeniably a creative episode
It really isn't, it's a really fucking common concept, a bad breakup pushes someone too far and they do something bad, I'd call it cliche but it happens in real life, just poorly handled by this episode.
>No, they don't. Finn get over that shit aaages ago
You lack reading comprehension, there is a comma for a reason, I was not saying that specifically carried on, I was providing a list of ways they've focused on relationships and continue to do so, the first in that list being Finn's shit with PB which lasted a whole season, and was still referenced after that.
>There's like 5 episodes in the whole season, this gets massively overblown
Besides the fact that it gets referenced in other episodes, and that these episodes were dispersed rather than consecutive, so instead of just moving past it they stick with it into season 6, and that literally every part of this is really annoying, and stupid so of course people complain about it. But apparently they have to be the right amount of upset about it, the amount you are/aren't.

>There's like 5 episodes in the whole season
So ignoring the fact this is untrue, it's really fucking stupid anyway. "Sure the outside of the chicken may be burnt to a crisp but the inside is mostly fine so you can't complain about it" This line of reasoning makes no sense, you complain about the bad parts of something
>Same with Bubbline
>Bubblinefag
Makes sense.
>this gets massively overblown
You also ignore the fact that there are a myriad of other problems with the season and ones after, with episodes like Betty, Finn the Human, Jake the Dog, Earth and Water, Sky Witch, the poor handling of Jake's kids, and that's not considering season 6.

>I am contesting the notion that AT became a zombie show
You haven't done so. you've not even suggested any of the episodes from past that point are actually good, much less that any significant amount are. you just called them "out there" and "experimental."

He boarded an upcoming SU episode and worked on some DnD stuff.

He's also doing something at Frederator

Is the movie still happening? Haven't heard anything.

>You don't know what melodrama is.
"a sensational dramatic piece with exaggerated characters and exciting events intended to appeal to the emotions."
Those episodes are some of the clearest examples of melodrama in the whole show. That's not necessarily a bad thing mind you, but they are melodramatic.
>it's a really fucking common concept, a bad breakup pushes someone too far and they do something bad
The way in which the story was told was creative, with PB's 'time-travel' device, and the reveal at the end that the little creatures surrounding the screen were where PB's time-travel experiments had ended up when Johnny was transported there.

>the first in that list being Finn's shit with PB which lasted a whole season
They really don't focus on it that much. There's Burning Low, Too Old and I'm struggling to think of another example. Again, it's greatly exaggerated, which is my point.

>This line of reasoning makes no sense, you complain about the bad parts of something
Well, I actually don't think the FP breakup arc was bad. My only point that I was making is that people exaggerate how much focus it had.

>You also ignore the fact that there are a myriad of other problems with the season and ones after, with episodes like Betty, Finn the Human, Jake the Dog, Earth and Water, Sky Witch, the poor handling of Jake's kids, and that's not considering season 6.
Those things have thus far been irrelevant to this discussion. Why would I argue points that haven't been raised? You're only now declaring these things as problems without even explaining why, as if that's an argument in and of itself.

We've been down this road before, and I don't feel like continuing this argument, so let's just agree to disagree okay?

>AT never became a zombie show like Spongebob and the Simpsons

Good thing that wasn't what he was saying.

Finally this shit storm can end already. Was shit after 2013.

>Marceline
Jesus christ.

As far as I'm concerned, it died in Season 3

I kinda just want an episode about Finn and Jake going on an adventure. No matter what happens it’s not gonna resolve everything, it’s just not. I’d be satisfied with one last adventure.

>we never got to see an animated crossover with RS and AT
All these years and I’m still mad. Should’ve happened by 2014

I've been ready for months. Too many fucking hiatuses

That reminds me, what happened to the lich hands that spread across the multiverse?
We know they can move on their own.

>AT never became a zombie show like Spongebob and the Simpsons
Of course not, it was always shit.

Hand in main Finn's dimension got choked by Sweet P. Nothing about other dimensions.
Makes me wonder.
>chop up some lich into working portal
>gets sent across whatever number of realities
>still retains control
>lich multiplication engine
Life is fucked.

Not him, but you're objectively wrong

>Finn taking a swim
>Marceline and PB don’t give a fuck
damn