The goal was to make me hate the rat/her boyfriend but I ended up liking both as a duo instead...

The goal was to make me hate the rat/her boyfriend but I ended up liking both as a duo instead. I kind of want to see these two in a dark humor sitcom about a dysfunctional relationship. Something in the same tone as Bojack or Moral Orel.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0iw1EnLvm88
youtube.com/watch?v=rbCRdVeeYOo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i dislike everything from the artstyle to the writing to the lazy 4 panels sequence that the same in every strip
this is barely above this is life this is me oh no life hates me

I want to fug the slug

>buying flower carcasses

What is this jewery? Why do people do this.

This whole series was gold.

>to the lazy 4 panels sequence that the same in every strip
...How is that unique to this? That's one step away from a Sunday comic format.

It's like a scented candle: It's not decor that is supposed to last forever and it's usually just to make a room smell nice for a couple of days.

because they where limited by physical paper and the space the editors let them have while virtual space is infinite?

That doesn't mean the 4-panel method is now invalid or doesn't work as a format just because it's not being printed on paper.

By your logic, web comics should just be random dimensions and say fuck all to any established readable layout because they can. Art benefits way more from restrictions and limitations than, "You can do anything!" mentality.

your computer screen is still a square

what is scrolling?
it doesnt but repeating the same boring thing over and over because its easy is lazy as shit
>By your logic, web comics should just be random dimensions and say fuck all to any established readable layout because they can
>you said a so by your logic xyz
if you can find enough creativity to change it once in a while thats on you, even sunday strips break free from it once in a while

scrolling is what you do when you no longer want to look at the smaller square you are looking at and move onto a different square

She sounds like a total bitch to make up such obvious shit about her ex

How do you know it's fake?

If someone got upset with me for picking flowers I'd make a mental note to never do spur of the moment shit for them ever again. If you can't enjoy a nice picked flower and the obvious affection behind the gesture then, unless you're joking, you can fuck right off.

Because it’s a woman writing it

>stealing flowers from other people's yards

lol shut up fag

If they were wildflowers sure but that shit was from someone's yard, dumbass.

no, thats clicking next strip

You guys are all the ratboy.

t. lying bitch snail
enjoy being eaten by your many cats after you die alone

And don't you forget it
youtube.com/watch?v=0iw1EnLvm88

Knock knock!

>nine fucking years ago

Her comics that she released without the boyfriend paint her as a miserable person with self-induced victimhood and contempt for everything she sees. I don't think it's a stretch to say that a lot of what she presents to us is filtered through a very out of balance perception of actual events. Makes you wonder if she understands that, or if she's so fucked up that it goes completely over her head.

I think she knows that the comic is just her biased, angry, but fun opinion piece. She's a step above Ronnie in term of real shit, since his form of self deprecating humor, while funnier, is probably not based on actual events 90% of the time.

>stealing flowers from people's yards should be appreciated
>if it's not then all spur the moment gestures are off
You're the problem here.

THE SLUG IS NOT FOR FUG

You're right, she's for slow, consensual love making and cuddling as her rebound, and then for bullying once she feels better.

I wanna see the whale fug the snail

That's clearly a snail, not a slug. I'm severely disappointed in you.

Snails are a kind of slug

youtube.com/watch?v=rbCRdVeeYOo

But it's not the same.on every strip.
I think you just assumed that and decided to stay mad.

well, its clearly not and i was wrong
but i still dislike the art and writing

He forced sex on her while she was crying and protesting

Why would you like that duo

So? It's just sex.

>Comic gets posted by some falseflagging MRA or Sup Forumstard that wants me to hate the author
>Enjoy them unironically and empathyze with her insert
Get on my level.

Fair enough.

She claimed that the boyfriend raped her in her comic. The fact that she dabbles in letting her obvious mental problems dictate her perceptions makes that one pretty troubling on a couple of levels.

wildflowers you went out of your way to pick, yes

flowers you stole from her neighbor's garden, very hard no

She stayed in the relationship with him after he raped her.

That was not the point where she broke up with him. Staying in a relationship with someone who rapes you is a stupid thing to do.

The sad part is, that's a contentious statement.

everyone agrees that it's a stupid thing to do, but smart people acknowledge that getting out of an abusive co-dependent relationship looks a lot easier from the outside

Right; but at that point, you can't say, "I had no idea he would abuse me." No. At that point, and at several others before that, she knew he was abusive and she stayed with him knowing that.

You're right, my b, let me just get rid of the shell.

yep, that's what's fucked up about abusive relationships. They're not abusive all the time, and people, both men and women, rationalize and forgive abusive behavior to stay in the relationship for the "good" times.

Then you'll forgive me for being confused in this instance, since it's just the bad times, it makes it hard for the reader to see how they could have justified staying in a relationship with them.

It explains why she definitely should have left him. It doesn't explain why she stayed as long as she did.

Where can I find the rest of this comic?

Everything is more fun with rape!

Cute
pls post more

What mental problems? Isn't everyone having their perception dictated by outside factors such as stigmas surrounding perceived mental problems?

It should be that simple, but it isn't. There are people in everyone's lives that have done some bad things, maybe even we have done some bad things too. As bad as not stopping when someone said to stop? Maybe not, but there is so much that goes into a relationship, one instance of saying "stop" and not stopping gets factored in with everything else the relationship is about. People aren't super smart beings that know exactly when years of history and intimacy is worth throwing away. So no, it's not contentious to say that it's dumb to stay with someone who raped you; the whole series of making her ex boyfriend cry is about how bad of an idea staying with him was, but to harp on how stupid she was oversimplifies the situation to unrealistic levels of expecting everyone to be smart and rational 100% of the time.

see

Many that fall in abusive relationships tend to be neglected and abused most of their lives growing up. To a healthy outsider that has had the right parents and/or friends it's clearly abuse but when everything around you is harsh, punishing and violent then that abusive relationship seems normal or even worse "better".
That's how these people get trap in this shit, they are not piety retards, they are broken people that haven't had healthy love or affection for a really long time.

>Trusting one sided accounts of a relationship

Guys and girls will always embelish their stories, conveniently forgetting all of their own mistakes. So this kinda comic is always disgusting because I can't make myself trust the person's accounts, specially when it sounds like an attempt at earning pity points.

And I've been in an abusive relationship where both people (me and my partner) were shitty to each other. We both learned from it.

I don't think they're asking for trust in their story as if it's a court case. It's just a funny story. If someone tells you something funny that happened to them, do you start picking apart their inherent bias and weighing the likelihood of it actually happening as if they're on trial for something serious?

>Funny
I'm talking about the comics as a whole.

And I don't find people acting like assholes to their partner to be funny

>Getting tricked into eating shit simply because you think the bogeyman would tell you not to
I’d rather not.

How are you supposed to read the bottom

Nice kneejerk, bruh.
They're saying that you can enjoy whatever you want.

Are you one of those fags that just takes a single strip as everything said? Because she rips herself down way more than him.

>and I've been in an abusive relationship where both people (me and my partner) were shitty to each other. We both learned from it.
If you are still in it and think it's better what has really happen is your partner knows how to play you better.

up and down left to right

son what school you go to

>Guys and girls will always embelish their stories
nice projecting kid but I have seen plenty that talk it straight or even take blame when they shouldn't. Not everyone is a ego sensitive drama queen like you.
>So this kinda comic is always disgusting because I can't make myself trust the person's accounts
Fun note people that are easily disgusted have a low IQ and why are you wanting to "trust" her accounts? Are you retarded and think this is a documentary?
>specially when it sounds like an attempt at earning pity points.
Again good amount of projecting, what pity points is there in showing how stupid you are? What if the author just showing the surrealism in all this?
>And I've been in an abusive relationship where both people (me and my partner) were shitty to each other.
You just claimed people embellish relationship shit and now claim we can trust your account? What if you were the monster and the other person was innocent/justified? You need to make up your mind and either decide that people can be trusted or you are just a huge pos that shouldn't open their mouth.
>We both learned from it.
not much on your end getting this disgusted by a random web comic that could just be some dude roll playing an account

>read slug comics a year or two ago
>think she was reasonable
>read now
>think she's annoying and her ex is more reasonable
I don't even know what's going on in my life anymore

Certain scenarios in a narrative will seem more comedic/cool/amusing/etc. because you don't have to deal the full consequences of them and merely observe the surface level the writer wants you to see for entertainment purposes.

Asshole characters in fiction are usually great but realistically most of them would be unbearable and border to psychotic.

>mfw despite the fact that there's no real nudity or fanservice in this series, the context of this is enough to get me erect.
What the fuck is happening to me.

The comics as a whole aren't supposed to be seen as photographic evidence of abuse as you can by that one character being a slug and the other is a blue meerkat rat thing.

If you are like me it's from to much sex and the like, when I was a virgin that shit never happen and unless it was full hardcore raunch he wasn't even going to get chubby but after a decade of sexual deviance's with my girl and her friends I find myself getting hard-ons watching girls change headless mannequin at the store.

Are you saying you don't see people as giant anthropomorphic animals?

Not him but I'm full virgin at 28 and I get hard at the comic and shit like you said. It's not related to sex or touching or doing lewd trust me I haven't been touched by somebody non familial in over 15 years.

too much sex. Y-you said it buddy

I thought he was a hyena? Why would they draw a solid tail connected to a body when that's a rat's like signature feature.

This. After a break up or when things are over everyone always makes the OTHER person sound worse so they don't feel like they wasted their time in that relationship.

I have witnessed peopel in love only to suddenly make it sound like it was pure hell or turning the tables entirely - like THEY were the ones that dumped the other persons instead of them getting dumped.

Try living with someone for 3 years and getting locked into routine and dependence then getting out like it's no problem. Same reason people don't leave cults even when they're aware the cult is abusive/bad. It's a type of helplessness conditioned into someone. Even loving couples can be negatively codependent with each other.

Nah, I getcha my dude.

If you ain't got a frame of reference going in it's easy to get taken advantage of. Seemed like, and, I could just be inferring, she had some healthy relationships with other real friends she could talk to and it seems like she had at least someone to tell her that wasn't right. But that isn't enough, ya know? You gotta experience what right and good is, and what bad and wrong is. You gotta know what's right to reference against when it's wrong.

>but to harp on how stupid she was oversimplifies the situation to unrealistic levels of expecting everyone to be smart and rational 100% of the time.
I'm not expecting totally rational decisions. Or perfection. Or total rationality. But to me, getting raped should be the line for ANYBODY except for the very, terribly troubled.

Maybe that was the point, though? Tryin to explain what kind of backwards logic she had? Hard to say, she focuses on the experiences of the relationship, more than her frame of reference and past experiences so again, it's hard to know just where he frame of reference was or just how damaged she might have been.

I want to fug the rat

;)

>nipples on a mollusk

>tfw Gogarty is not actually delicious thicc and instead is sticc

>he doesn't draw nipples on everytthing

You're becoming bitter with age.
A sunny ray of hate has turned you from a juicy grape-like consumer to a dry raisin-like cynic.

It's the "tiddies OUT" remark.
It just makes the human hand want to form a thumbs-up approve said tiddies.

More liek a tongue-out approval

I was already bitter then, though. If my bitterness is increasing that quickly I can't even imagine what kind of prickly fuck I will be in 5-10 years time.

Would you, Sup Forums? Despite the fact that she's used goods and kind of retarded?

Panel 5 gets me every time.

How is the ex more reasonable?

The comics are red flags and things she put up with. Yes we are patient with each other and no you are never going to find someone who is perfect. The comics aren't about how she's perfect and he's shit, or about how sorry we should feel for poor victimized her as she builds a court case against him, it's just funny and fucked up stories based on real life told through colorful animals.

This one is inspiring.

I predict that people will fixate on this comic and the artist will stop publishing before the end of the year due to harassment from people on the internet. I know its far fetched and all but that is my prediction.

I hate to see how you'd get your kids bikes for Christmas.

That was never the intention. If anything she was trying to make light of a bad relationship.
she made them in the 12 following the break up and they arent the only strips she's made

tfw ywn powerfuck your snail gf while she sobs into a pillow

damn now i have to fap

Nah, this isn't like that time that /lit/ creeped the fuck out of a chick so much that she deleted her online presence. This girl seems less naive. She seems to realize that life is shitty and makes the best of it. If anything she'll use it as fodder for more comics.