How did you like this?

How did you like this?
Will it last?
Do you NEED to read Metal first?
How interconnected will it be with other series?
Any team ups you're looking forward too with him?

I liked it a lot, the action was good. I didn't think action this good was possible in a comic. But there were flaws I don't remember.

>Do you NEED to read Metal first?
No.

I can't really form an accurate opinion on DAMAGE considering his first issue didn't really offer enough information about his character. We already know he's going against The Suicide Squad, and Wonder Woman in future issues.

>From the pages of Dark Nights: Metal

That's the spine-dick dude from No Hero.

>How did you like this?
it was serviceable.
>Will it last?
eh. It wall depends if Marvel pull his shit togheter or not really.
>How interconnected will it be with other series?
Didn't they state that this series will be mostly disconnected from major events?
> Any team ups you're looking forward too with him?
not really.

was just wondering since it says "from the pages of metal"
Im not quite caught up on metal or its one-offs so I wasn't sure if I could start damage yet or if I should wait until Im caught up

The new shogun has his eyes set on taking marvel from SJW country, and heading straight into weebtown.

You're not asking the right questions; When are we getting a She-Damage?

and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

It's meh and the first issue was a lot of nothing. It'll be lucky to get to 12 issues.

I'm betting it's the first of this wave to get canceled.

Best Hulk comic I've read in years

Seriously though it was an enjoyable read and I look forward to seeing more

It was a whole lot of nothing.

Venditti is a mediocre writer and Daniel is a boring artist.

One of the first cancelled.

So, you only liking damage out of spite?

How did you came from
>it was serviceable.
to
>So, you only liking damage out of spite?

i said it was a serviceable first issue, not that I'm really likeing it or not. It's too early, and this issue was a literal nothingburger in terms of characerization and storyteling. It gives us only some insight. I prefer waiting.

while the art looked alright ( very heavily 90's influence) the story was generic and nothing special. It felt like a work for hire story rather than something that was given actual thought as something that will endure into a classic character/story.

The books drips with 90's Extreme/ Edginess and is at be a 2/5. Save your money for something worthwhile not this.

There's nothing really that stands except for the cute colonel with the eye patch.

But you did mention marvel. Only reasons people like these characters is because of marvel. So, i assuming you are reading it out of spite.

Get a load of the mental gymnastics on this guy

You have the one hour limit and the inner dialogue between Damage and Ethan that could help create something distinctive enough so the unoriginal premise isn't stale but Ethan and Damage are flat and uninteresting.

Meh. It had a decent set up but felt short. I'd probably trade wait but that just kills comics like these.

I mentioned Marvel because this is literally a rip off made to attract a certain audience disifrencised by Marvel. I read it because it was free and I was interested. Reading shit out of spite is retarded in any way possible.

>damage is an obvious lure for hulk fans
>"why did you mention marvel?"

Don't reply to anyone and save yourself further embarrassment.

What´s the connection with Metal?

It's The Hulk. I imagine that if someone likes The Hulk they would like this.

Got a physical copy and it's insane how much grander the experience was than the digital storytime's

Probably not, but Venditti has weird luck with keeping his books trucking along somehow

Not at all, but like Sideways and most of the Terrifics team, it's likely that his powers are linked to the Dark Multiverse

Maybe in the second arc. Venditti and Daniel have hinted that there's more to Damage and his powers than just being a more cunning than average Hulk expy

Damage vs OMAC, Damage vs Frankenstein/SHADE, Damage and the Terrifics, Cave Carson flees for his life from Damage, Damage vs Doomsday, Damage and the Super Sons

>Can only be Damage for 1 Hour.
So it’s Hourman Hulk?

PLANET DAMAGE!!!

But instead of ancient Roman gladiator aesthetic, what would it be? Samurais? Pirates? Vikings?

Lawyers.

Trust me, i see fans do crazier stuff.

That doesn't sound like much, but he doesn't even get to burn through a full hour in the first issue and he wrecks a whole lot of havoc in the time it takes you to floss your teeth.

It was alright. I wonder if this is a stealth Suicide Squad mini though.

The question though, is what is his cooldown? Assuming he sticks around, and joins a team, he seems like a hail mary

It's U.S.Avengers Red Hulk.

I want this quetion answered as well

I think Silencer looks way worse than this shit

>GIRL punisher
>racially ambiguous
>butch as fuck
>not even hot

why the FUCK would I want to read that

23 Hours. And his book is a somewhat "dark" Hulk story in that he's a Military Hulk that actually worked for a good deal of time and is meant to be a "hail mary" to conventional soldiers. He's not there to suplex Supmerman or be the first of an enhanced soldier army. He's a black-ops asset. Odd, I know, but think of it this way; send a squad of soldiers in to assassinate this fellow/take out this insurgent base hip deep in hostile territory or just throw Damage at the problem. He's fast and strong so he'll be hard to spot and will likely kill any witnesses and if that's not an option, the DCU is so lousy with freaks that no one is likely to care that one of them wiped out some bad people and vanished before he became too big of a nuisance. An hour, again, doesn't sound like much, but as his targets are way below his weight class, wrangling him back before the hour is up is the larger issue

He only started being a problem when the psychological toll of being turned into a one-man weapon of mass murder has fostered a second misanthropic personality in the once mindless Damage, one that's sophisticated enough to trick Ethan into trying to escape, tapping into his feelings of resentment and powerlessness.

But it's a "dark" Hulk book. A lot more nuanced than you'd expect. As while Ethan is very classic Banner, the consequences of his actions are rooted in horror. His triumphant escape results in the deaths of dozens of soldiers with one of them using what was left of his life to crash their transport plane into a city park rather than the nearby densely populated areas, hinting that these wetwork agents aren't the typical jingoistic browncoats you'd find in a story like this.

I thought she was Frank Miller's Martha Washington at first.

Well I'm not going to try and figure where he sits on the DC hero weight class, but yeah, and hour seems sufficient considering he's basically a walking bomb meant to end the fight then and there

His next issue should give us a better picture of that since he'll be up against Giganta, Grundy, Parasite, some hooded magic man, Deadshot's plot bullets, and whatever other nastiness Waller has cooked up for him.

MMA fighters and wrestlers.

Damage refused to kill the general who tried to kill him with a power armor but killed a lot other soldiers that fought him without personal reasons.
That's some retarded writing.

>Giganta, Grundy, and Parasite
All 3 of them are characters I really like, and like always they're basically there to be jobbing fodder.

>Giganta
Why?

It's not bad, but it just feels too much like the Hulk.

>GIRL punisher
She is a Black Widow expy

It's literally meant to be Hulk.

THe entire line is marvel pastiches.

>wrestlers.
I would legitimately love to see not!Hulk visit a wrestling themed planet

LUCHAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Aw shit nigga. That would rock

HULK SUPLEX YOUR PUNY ASS INTO SUBMISSION!!!

SOME BAD BOYS FROM OUTER SPACE!

Now I want art of them fighting on a star-spangled battlefield

It's literally just a Hulk retread, but less interesting. It'll be forgotten.

I'll support the hell out of this just because Damage's creator Tom Joyner is a prick and probably pissed about this.

WHO IS RED DAMAGE?

Pretty bad.

I would be okay with all the double page spreads if Tony Daniel weren't so damn boring. Like just do something interesting instead of just having Damage smash something while having 2-4 panels of people talking so people will feel like something happened.

I can't believe they ripped off the Joker.

why would he be pissed that he's getting a comic book? Was this character already preexisting?

No there was another character called Damage who was related to Al Pratt the Atom.

I wish you could buy comics in black and white. The majority of the time colorists ruin the art

There's the Batman NOIR series. DC's latest marketing gimmick where you can buy Black and White versions of your favorite Batman stories

ESSENTIAL Timber Wolf vs. Damage!!!

I didn't like how they laid out all antagonists' motivation in the first issue. And they are as petty as it gets.

Maybe Damage was created from the remains of Doomsday Batman or some other form of reverse engineered Dark Universe tech

>from the page of dark nights metal

From an issue in the future ? Because this shit sure as hell is not linked to metal in any way for now.

Except they chose ones that didn't need to be and shouldn't be in black and white. Like TLH And pic related...

Also Hush

YOU'RE ALL FUCKED ONCE DAMAGE GETS BACK!

well hush sucks either way.

Like those Firestorm issues?