Trying to settle a bet here:

After leaving UPN, what network did Home Movies air on? My friend says Adult Swim (as in the network), but I think it was Adult Swim (the programming block) ON Cartoon Network.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_Movies_(TV_series)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I dunno Coach, you're the one training to be a lifeguard you should know all about Adult Swim

Adult Swim never had their own network. It's always been a block on CN. Is your friend retarded?

Aren't they both retarded? They're arguing about which Adult Swim it is

Wikipedia begs to differ:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_Movies_(TV_series)

Technically, though. Turner split AS from Cartoon Network in 2005 so they would be counted separately for ratings purposes and so AS could air TV-MA programming.

Adult Swim is a programming block, but in 2005 it was given a separate Neilsen report, essentially being counted as its own network (like Nick at Nite).

Home Movies ended in 2004, so you're correct, Adult Swim was still counted as part of Cartoon Network through the end of the show's run. But your friend is right in as far as reruns have aired on Adult Swim post-2005.

Pretty much this, OP is right.

>Wikipedia begs to differ:
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_Movies_(TV_series)
Wikipedia is fucking retarded. They'll gladly list old Toonami shows as having been broadcast on Cartoon Network but sperg out if you try to associate an old AS show with CN because "it's an ADULT show durr".

Despite the fact that it was billed as "Adult Swim on Cartoon Network" and Home Movies even made a brief appearance in the Cartoon Network 10th anniversary retrospective.

Back in the early days of cable, it was pretty common for networks not to have enough content to run 24/7, so they'd split the channel with another network. Nickelodeon started doing it back then, originally sharing the night hours with a bunch of shitty movie networks before finally starting Nick at Nite. Now that content isn't as much of an issue as it once was, the ability to split your network in two mainly still exists because Nick is keeping the precedent alive. Cartoon Network just took advantage of it to spin Adult Swim off in 05.

Anyone remember season 1 being on ABC saturday morning slot?

that never happened

You're both right. Go blow each other as a reward.

Did they fuck?

It did.
Home movies was shown on Saturday Morning cartoon slots.
But it wasn't for long.

Prove it.

In place of Science Court episodes of Home Movies were aired.
It'd have to go find a tv guide from 1999 to 2000 from my home town which would be impossible.

Yup! And they had two kids named, Candy, Dave and a monkey named Fang!

Also the UPN and Disney had a working relationship where Disney would syndicate their shows to UPN.
Affiliate stations are known to show shit they aren't suppose to so maybe an ABC affiliate showed Home Movies in my city for a few weeks.
But I remember it happening.

lol

Uhh, Brendan?

Until you produce evidence of it happening, you're bullshitting.

You're thinking of Sciencecourt dummy. It was like an educational programming. Same squigglevision style, most of the same cast and crew, but a year before Home Movies aired.

No