Who is stronger?

Who is stronger?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fPMhpBnYYyM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't give a shit, because Superman is a good character and Jiren is a wet piece of cardboard that exists solely for nerds to jack off to inane powerlevel garbage.

Bruh you posted the same character twice

Dragonball characters are not consistent at all.
also

Jiren is a better generic alien tho

Kind of hard to tell, I guess. Strength seems to inherently work differently in DB; "stronger" characters don't just punch harder, they also shoot more powerful blasts of energy and move faster all proportional to their strength-with a couple exceptions, like Dyspo whose whole thing is being fast and as such appears faster than Frieza although he isn't as strong.

In DC, in many depictions of superpowers really, those attributes can be separate. The Flash is nowhere near as strong as most DC characters with some form of super strength, but he is faster. My point is, if we aren't talking "who would win in a fight" but "who could cause the most damage in a fight" even if Jiren is not as physically strong as Superman he might be able to use energy beams that are more powerful than any single punch from Superman.

As someone who generally doesn't like DB characters, or even anime characters in general, Jiren is kind of refreshing in the rare instances when he opens his mouth. Most of Super's plot is Goku trying to get stronger for no reason and making new friends based solely on how fun they are to fight. I thought it was kind of a neat reality check when Goku's new best friend Hit, an assassin who is never implied to have money problems or an interest in material things but continues to willingly murder people (including Goku) for money got a stern talking to from Jiren. It never developed into anything, it was just kind of refreshing.

>that amazing costume on the right is being thrown away for nostalgia fags

fuck this earth

What if Jiren grew up on DC Earth?

Jiren

youtu.be/fPMhpBnYYyM

He would be able to wear glasses and hide as a human

it's a nice ripoff of one of my characters
i'll nuke those damn nips

>Superman is a good character

batfags will write jiren jobs to bats stories.

if we consider Super power levels to be a natural progression from Z power levels, then Jiren is probably stronger than most incarnations of Superman.

Super power levels don't really make sense, tho. Then again neither does DC

But Jiren doesn't even have a kryptonite, or a weakness to red sunlight, or an implied vulnerability to magic. Not even batfags can be delusional enough to think that Batman could ever stand a chance to defeat Jiren. In a worst case scenario, he'd have to just rely on someone even stronger than Jiren to take him out.

>Not even batfags can be delusional enough to think that Batman could ever stand a chance to defeat Jiren.
Never underestimate batfag delusion, clearly Batman would just unlock ultra instinct from his own martial arts training and Jiren would never be able to touch him

Yes, retard, he is a character than can be written (and has been written) well. This isn't difficult to understand.

I'll be honest and say that the stoic, justice-driven part of Jiren would be cool if 90% of him wasn't just him doing something incredibly powerful and everyone else going WOAH!!!!!

the fact that this is happening before Frieza or Gohan get eliminated me something is off.Toppo is really the strongest

I agree. Read some injustice comics, man. That is some good shit about writing here.With dark, serious, mature themes.

>Throws into speedforce
It's amazing how broken Wally West got. He can literally just throw anyone into the speed force and be done with it.

You can just fly and the guy couldn't touch you like ever.

>implying those two jobber could beat Superman

But he can "fly" too

Superman

Because I want him to be

>mfw under tournament rules Superman would be completely useless

>batman unlocks the ogre's back somehow

we don't even question 'how' anymore. we just accept it

Wally can actually run through space when he gets fast enough.

Why is it the people who say they love Gohan seem to be the people who understand the character the least?

Never visit this board and this question is slightly off-topic (sorry) but does Goku beat Jiren? Asking for a friend.

Does Goku beat Superman?

One hour of prep time and Jiren is dead.

Not sure yet. There's only 10 episodes of Super left.

The real question.

Would either stand a chance against Hank Hell in his home dimension of a clean burning Hell.

Who would win out of these three?

No. Jiren will be beaten at some point. That is his fate. Being beaten in the DB universe is not an end in itself anyway. Superman will not. He can be killed but never defeated. That is what in some ways makes him a slightly boring character to some people. On a more technical (what?) level, it may take time for Jiren to power up to be able to beat him but Superman's strength is immediately available. While Jiren is doing his butt clenching and screaming to get his juices flowing, Superman will kick him in the nuts. But what do I know?

>Jiren will be beaten at some point
Not by Goku or Vegeta

Thank you.

Krillin easily. He's a much better fighter than he's given credit for and is just limited by being human

crescent moon ultra instinct legosi

Krillin is the strongest natural human and when properly trained is bullet proof, able to fly at speeds faster than a jet, able to cut through any material, and is immune to the effects of nauseating smells. He also is a member of the strongest fighting school on Earth, has defeated enemies that can level entire cities on a whim, and on foot can outrun a car.

Batman would have to pull out his Superman bullshit.

Freeza is going to knock both Goku and Jiren off in the last seconds by unleashing his full power in one blast and Super will end on the cliffhanger of Freeza wishing to become God. I'm 100% positive this will happen

>He also is a member of the strongest fighting school on Earth,

He's not a member of the Crane school though

Memes.

I'm sure he will eventually.

>I'm sure he will eventually.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Goku is so far gone that boring Ayy Superman sticking it to him is refreshing.

Why do people keep watching DB Super?

Jiren is like Mr. Majestic/Sentry/Supreme/Plutonian/ etc, etc. He's the DB cosmos' version of Superman.

Don't worry. People will be writing Superman stories decades after Jiren and Goku are forgotten.

Gohan Blanco is coming

It's not just him. Jay beat Yog-Sothoth by turning into a human FTL railgun and throwing him into the speed force.

>Superman cant' be defeated

Seriously nigga?

>Yes, retard, he is a character than can be written (and has been written) well. This isn't difficult to understand.
What's Superman's motivation for being a hero? It's just because his dead dad told him to be one. His stories can be good but fundamentally he's a poorly written character because all his heroism has no meaning.

How is this shit still going?

>What's his motivation for being a hero

Because he understands that a race can die tragically before its time and doesn't want to see Earth go the way of Krypton (this is particularly true pre-crisis), because he was raised to value virtue over power by simple, humble farmers (this is particularly true post-crisis) and because his super senses allow him to see cosmic meaning (and souls) so he's in a constant state of bodhisatva-hood.

You know since he's from a destroyed universe isn't he more like an alt-version of Power Girl or PRIME TIME than an alt-version of Superman?

>super is ending with out giving jiren any character beyond " i seek what lies beyond strength"
>Super is ending having to rush vegeta's new form, while they gave Goku an hour dedicated to ultra instinct.
>Super is ending by introducing multiple universes only to subsequently erase them.
>Super is ending with goku not learning a damn thing about weight of the ToP and is totally fine with 6 universe being erased, just so he could fight strong people.

The thing is that there are two ways it can go:

1. Superman is more powerful (he does have better feats). So no problem there

2. Jiren is more powerful.

In the case of 2 Superman still has things he can do to shut down Jiren (lobotomy-vision combo, vibration tricks, internal attacks with X-ray vision, etc) and if he's got any kind of weird power absorption thing where he scales down the more you hold back as one fan theory goes Clark is going to find out because he's a living tricorder.

Superman is also strangely used to fighting enemies he can't beat with raw physical force. He's used to having to outwit opponents while Jiren is from a world where screaming louder and gritting your teeth is the answer to everything.

There's a few ways it could end

1. Jiren slaps their shit and wishes things back with the plot balls. The story ends with telling Goku to fucking get a life beyond fighting and seek what lies beyond strength like Jiren does.

It ends sort of like that one edit comic of Superman vs Goku.

2. Goku and Vegeta fuse to and kick Jiren's ass.

3. Goku powers down and kicks Jiren's ass in base form which works because Jiren's superpower is to scale to the threat. His power raises exponentially to the threat he faces.

4. It turns out that he's more like Superman than we thought. He's not only from a dead universe like Kal-L but he's got a krytonite-and while Goku is knocked out Vegeta saves the day and uses the Jirenite to beat Jiren.

>Jiren's power is that he's good against the super powerful but normies kick his ass

That's way too clever a twist for DB Super.

>lobotomy-vision combo
That reminds me of a post someone made on another thread comparing the two. Another theory about Jiren is that his power comes from his eyes, considering that he had an easier time pushing back the spirit bomb when he folded his arms and just stared at it than when he was physically pushing it back, "Jiren" is apparently a pun on "stare", though I don't know Japanese myself so I'm just taking Sup Forums's word on that, and if I remember correctly there was a little visual when he started fighting Goku where it zoomed in on his eye and it kind of looked like he was "locking on" to him. Someone else theorized that that might be why he always turns away from his energy blasts just before they explode; not to try to look cool, but because he is afraid of the bright lights damaging his retinas even with his eyes closed.

Point is, that other user was saying that if this is true and eye contact is the core of his fighting style, then Jiren has absolutely no chance in hell of beating Superman in a serious fight, considering his lobotomy trick. Although I don't see that as an attack Superman would resort to lightly, especially considering Jiren is an alien he knows nothing about so conducting instant brain surgery without killing or accidentally seriously hurting him would be difficult, and it would still be up in the air who is more powerful in a more general sense.

It hurts me that we got all these cool fan theories for Jiren and none of them are probably true.

Like Goku and Vegetar are probably just going to fuse and kill him that way.

>super ends with Freeza not doing his plan
>super ends with Grande Padre not showing his keikaku
>super ends with 2 multiversal genocidal toddlers getting away with everything

Superman would win.

Jiren is really fucking strong, yeah, but Supes would pull a "had enough of your bullshit" thing when push comes to shove and end it decisively. Would be a cool fight to watch.

>Who is stronger?

Jiren

Superman Rebirth or Superman Post Crisis is a less interesting character than the Superman of the 70's and early 80's, thought that Rebrirth would return with the classic Superman, but DC was wrong again

Easily

>Jiren

Nope.

>Less interesting than Bronze Age

I agree. Cary Bates era Superman was so much fun. Rebirth and Superbro weren't bad though.

Superman. Better feats. Physical strength, speed, power output. Probably smarter too. Has beaten stronger.

...and no, power scaling isn't a feat. Fuck off

>Like Goku and Vegetar are probably just going to fuse and kill him that way.

I'm gonna be so mad if it ends that way. Just another fucking beam struggle.

gogeta becomes canon

stills jobs

i would like to see jiren pull off the "avon calling" trick cooler did with goku's kamehameha.

Superman benefits a lot more from power scaling than Goku. He's punked Apollo and Darkseid. He's punked his world's equivalent of the gods of destruciton and grande padres. You scale him to PRIME TIME he can take a universe killing blast to the face and shake reality with his punches.

>Superman benefits a lot more from power scaling
I guess I can see where you're coming from. Like, take Final Crisis, ALONE that gives him enough in power scaling to shit on anything DB has ever shown.

The problem I have with power scaling is almost entirely from the DB side.

>Most of Super's plot is Goku trying to get stronger for no reason and making new friends based solely on how fun they are to fight.
That's just DB in general.

What's wrong with power scaling? It's like super simple logic. Character A can destroy a universe. Character B can beat that Character A. Meaning that Character B > Character A. Which also means Character B can destroy a universe too. Unless it is stated that something is wrong with the other character like Goku was running on fumes when fighting the saiyan girls, it's totally okay to use power scaling. It's just that you are afraid that Goku is beating Superman right?

Could superman prime defeat empty hand?

>Super will end on the cliffhanger of Freeza wishing to become God. I'm 100% positive this will happen
Frieza doesn't know the language of the gods so no.

Goku has ten episodes to pull something out of his ass to make himself strong enough to beat Superman.

>Continues to be both the canonical ultimate ending of Earth-0 and one other world in the 52.

His very existence is anti-gentry.

>frieza makes his wish
>everyone laughs at him
>beerus sends him back to hell
>goku wishes to revive him
>"hehehe it was a promise!!"
>[credits]

Hah no, you're taking it entirely in the wrong direction. There is nothing wrong with power scaling itself.

It's the people using it that ruin it. Kinda like what you just did.

Just because a>b>c, that does in no fucking way mean that a>c. Don't be absurd.

Take a comic example. I can kill Rogue by wearing some gloves and choking her out. Rogue has the capability to kill Thor. Thor has the power to shatter worlds with a single strike.

Following what you said, me, being 'a' should be able to beat Thor, no?

Power scaling works a-ok when it's kept within reason AND within it's own setting. Using it to scale in versus matches is flawed from the start.

I assume you mean the Golden Prime and not the angsty manchild. In which case, of course. He's fucking Superman taken to the essence and extreme. Basically tailor made to counter the Empty Hand and the Gentry.

But he is already strong enough. Unless it's the bullshit ones. Goku with faster than time speed (or MFTL++ speed to those of you that don't agree with Goku being faster than time), universe destroying punches, ultra instinct and durability that can take those universe destroying punches can easily beat Superman. And the show isn't ending anyway. It will continue after the movie.

>Character A can destroy a universe. Character B can beat that Character A. Meaning that Character B > Character A.
Unfortunately its not that simple for people to grasp especially for DB fans.
Most would think something like this Character A can destroy a universe. Character B can beat A so he's stronger but character C has a technique that can cut anything or caught B off guard once so C is stronger than A and B.

But is this comic or dragon ball? In Dragon Ball power works differently. Actually how powers work in DB should also work when fighting with other people. If you can bring your reality warping bullshit, then I can have Goku overcoming reality warping bullshit with pure power. It's like everyone in DB have another ability that is to overcome reality warping with just power. They should have that but don't because you comicfags don't want to see your precious comic characters get beat up by Goku.

Goku offered to wish him back with the regular balls.

>posts JOBeta

>They should have that but don't because you comicfags don't want to see your precious comic characters get beat up by Goku.

You keep ending your posts with shitty bait like that, so I'm just gonna stop replying. See ya later, fagboi

>Take a comic example. I can kill Rogue by wearing some gloves and choking her out. Rogue has the capability to kill Thor. Thor has the power to shatter worlds with a single strike.
>Following what you said, me, being 'a' should be able to beat Thor, no?
That's not how it works you fucking moron.

except is stated in the series that characters like arale could fucking destroy goku.

Ultra Instinct and Hakai are techniques that touch the surface of reality warping, so better use that instead of going apeshit just because your precious dragom ball is losing an argument (again).

GG no re

Arale isn't reality warping idiot. It's toon force. She can reality warp with toon force but she can't like suddenly be serious and reality warp everything. She follows a different set of rules even more different than reality warpers. Actually Goku also have some toon force, but he only used it in DB.

What is spiderman motivation to be a hero?His dead uncle told him to be one.

That's pathetic man. That level of edit is sad even for a comicfag.

Arale is a joke at reality warping, yet she could defeat goku. Thats the entire point.