Is Iron Giant worth watching?

Is Iron Giant worth watching?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6ctQN41M2TY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The better question is why haven't you seen it? It's one of the best animated films ever made

You have to ignore the pedophelia apologetics and the homoerotic subtext, but if you like cartoons, that's probably standard for you.

Yes.

It's a Cartoon in the cold war era that hasn't forgotten that Maine exists so I'm pretty much obligated to shill for it.

I'm biased because I hate 99% of all movies, including animated, but, this was good.

very yes

The hell are you on about? Go back to Sup Forums with that talk.

If any movie is worth watching, Iron Giant almost certainly is.

>you stay

Go watch it user, then tell us your thoughts.

No.
I hate the movie so fucking much. Not fucking sure why they thought it would be a good idea to fucking play this for fucking 24hrs.

>guns are bad, m'kay?

other than that, it's pretty good.

I mean, the message was more denying his nature of being a superweapon i.e. "I am not a gun" and the story took place in an era where everyone was probably gonna die in nuclear Armageddon but sure, we can simplify it to "guns bad."

Is anything else besides the Iron Giant worth watching? I was raised in a box and only ever saw the Iron Giant. I think it's ok but I might be biased.

>Is Iron Giant worth watching?
Does Mansley know where the Giant is?

What the fuck are on about??

>this is your mind on Sup Forums

Its the third best Superman movie of all time....

I've got a giant for you sir

Is it worth breathing air?

I've actually never seen this movie, but for some reason I think Iron Giant has legend status, and he was the only character who caught my eye in the Ready Player One trailers.

I think I've avoided watching it in part because the Iron Giant is CGI which looks ugly to me.

that was the point, did you see dofus episode about gulivette?

Take Note people, THESE are the definitions of Retarded & Autistic.

>Not fucking sure why they thought it would be a good idea to fucking play this for fucking 24hrs.
That's EXACTLY what put me off of watching it for years but after I finally watched it again I loved it

THIS

Actually, second best

>Iron Giant is CGI which looks ugly to me

What is classic 2D animation for 2000, Alex

>Is Iron Giant worth watching?
No.
Not for you.

Not for someone who has to ask this question.

>yfw you find out the real "Hogarth Hughes" commited suicide.

This. Also one of the few good western mecha movies.

Surprisingly, the CG has aged rather well since the animators intentionally introduced 2D animation "flaws" into the CG to help better blend the giant in the 2D landscape

>you will never learn important life lessons with your gigantic robobro as a young child
why even live

Not a bad film, but child me hated it because Cartoon Network would have that one day a year where they would play nothing but this movie. Dark times when all you had was basic cable and nothing else to do.

I know it's bait. Nevertheless, please, back the fuck off to reddit, twitter, tumblr or whatever shithole you crawl out.

The giant is cgi? Since when?

FREEFORM'S AIRING THE SIGNATURE EDITION IN LESS THAN 15 MINUTES!!

>go back
Like Sup Forums doesn't have home grown bait.

IT'S ON!!!

Is that the version with Giant's nightmare?

Yes

If a fifty-foot metal man's being electrocuted in the middle of the woods, and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

yep

Yes.

Fpbp as always

Didn't the original author think this movie was better?

yes

Personally I strongly recommend the Meet'n'Fuck game sequel of this work. It produces penile shaft hardness incomparable to ones your feeble mortal coil has ever eperienced before.

You're not even trying.

>UAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHH
>HOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH

Makes me sad when I watch him get hurt.

It's terrific my dude. Highly recommend.

Everyone in here says it's good, but fail to state WHY is it good.

Well? Go on.

I was about to type out a synopsis, but then that would be retarded because i don't care.

just watch it, it's good. Interesting concept, good characters, nice art, and of course "you are who you choose to be"

>The Iron Giant
>Hercules
What's the third one?

kek

The movie is so far removed from the original source they're not even comparable.

Well don't try to apologize about your baiting now

Only the Russian-Dub, comrade.

Superman, if I had to guess.

NO WAIT STOP

>You are who you choose to be
>Superman

Nope. user was just idioting, like idiots are won't to.

even sadder

>you will never what it feels like to be 'the luckiest kid in America' with 'the biggest discovery since . . . television or something'

What are you talking about? You can tell from the way he is animated that he is a 3D model being puppetted around.

I actually imagine he means Superman I and the Donner Cut of Superman II as the first two best.

WTF do you think he would have implied Hercules of all things?

I was wathing it earlier and if i knew it was that version i would of stayed tuned.

The movie has a bit of a following in Japan. Iron Giant in Super Robot Taisen when?

Comrade Superman, you mean

Punch-drunk Love

I get that it's absurd to play it for 24 hours, but at the same time it's also absurd that someone would be upset that the television set was playing a program that they didn't want it to play.

Fucking stand up and go do something else, change the fucking channel. It's not hard.

Hey Hey Hey
This fuckin guy is not okay

What?

thread should have ended here

Well, I wouldn't have collected all those (You)s if it had.

Can't tell if bait or actual SJW retard, because I have seen them be this serious and this dumb in the past.

sauce?

>WTF do you think he would have implied Hercules of all things?
Disney Hercules.

it's you who's not worthy faggot

Ted Hughes wrote The Iron Man for his kids after his wife committed suicide which was probably his fault. He probably wasn't thinking about the movie much.

Source: I live next to his hometown and angry women repeatedly try and break his tombstone.

How is this SJW?

It's airing on the freeform channel today here in the US, give it a watch

...that’s fucked.

>which was probably his fault
why?

>Sup Forums once again mijudges the movies actual anti-breznev message in favor of making few misjudged sovietboo posts

Still no reason for him to think he was thinking of Disney Hercules (particularly because TIG is an animated film).

You can go to a number of genre and popular sites that will refer to The Iron Giant as one of the best Superman films ever made (that either didn't actually feature Supes or he was just there spiritually).

Donner Superman is considered top tier, even as hokey and dated as some of it can seem/feel today or even 10 years ago. So it really makes far more sense that he meant that AND the Donner Cut of Superman II, since Kneel Before Zod is ranked (with Khan and Godfather II) as those rare sequels that improved on an original.

>pedophelia apologetics
Wait what?

youtube.com/watch?v=6ctQN41M2TY

Watch this if you haven't already, Brad actually cared about this film, and Disney fucked him over again.

Quality bait sir, I salute you.

>24 hours
wait, what? why?

He was a bit of a dick and cheated on her, I think.

nothing homoerotic about pandora's box

I have a friend who dislikes the movie because that same 24 hour marathon ruined it for her.
Personally I love it, but in hindsight that must have been a real scheduling mistake.