SUPER HYPED

SUPER HYPED

>nothing will happen

>The Players will remember that

Wake me when Tales from the Borderlands 2 comes out. That was when Telltale really just let themselves go wild.

Why can't they give him the purple suit? Or maybe the white suit?

But it will be gay nothing.

Shit, I don't want my husbando to be sad. Maybe I'll go with the Joker route after all.

It look like the Joker will turn gay4u no matter what you choose.

why is the joker always a gay fuckboy who wants the Bat D these days? He used to be an actually good character.

>“What would you choose: a friend whose unhinged approach to justice turns your allies against you, or a sworn enemy who will stop at nothing to see you suffer as your city burns? Based on the relationship you’ve built with John Doe, you'll see one of two very different stories play out. So what’ll it be, Bruce: friend...or foe?”
>In total, Same Stitch contains three and a half hours of content spread across two completely distinct storylines that share, at most, only three overlapping scenes. Each of those storylines includes further conditional variations that reflect your earlier choices and make Same Stitch, mathematically, Telltale’s “branchiest” episode ever. With over 4,500 lines of dialogue divided among 38 characters, the overall script for the episode is larger than Christopher Nolan’s entire Dark Knight trilogy.
I know better than to trust Telltale's hype at this point but I really hope they don't do my buddy John dirty.

Fine line between love and hate, etc etc. I mostly appreciate it for how angry it makes people.

I don't need anyone else but John. Sorry, Alfred.

but you have to read and deal with that same trash

Honestly, I go for it with trying to reform every villain just to see how it turns out. I don't see the point in playing Batman the way Batman is in a ton of other media or driving villains down the obvious path when you have a choice. Who the fuck chose villain John? It's the same reason I kept saving and not antagonizing Harveyl

>villain John has the more aesthetically pleasing costume
>vigilante John looks like a retard
The only thing I don't like about this.

Also interesting how they seem to be setting up for a bad end if you go vigilante. I'm assuming they'll kill him off.

He's always been gay.

>Implying he won't just end up a villain no matter what
I'd actually have to applaud Telltale if they did something like have Bruce have to kill vigilante John or have him sacrifice himself for Bruce.

Do you guys think Tiffany is going to become full time sidekick or just one scene of her saving Bruce?

You'd be surprised. I've seen a ton of pushback on Twitter and the Telltale forums when it comes to the idea of a potentially good Joker, as if the idea is blasphemy and not true to the character. I don't get that. If it's an Elseworlds, what does it fucking matter? If we can have an Elseworlds where Batman is a fucking vampire that kills people and have that be a valid interpretation of the character, to say nothing of Burton's Batman and that universe, why is the idea of a good guy Joker so triggering for some people?

Look at that Bat smile. I'm going to protect John even if it kills me.

This is so stupid. Telltale is going the extra mile to completely change the Batman canon in a lot of ways. Why would you not want to go with it and see where it takes you? Making Batman's father a piece of shit was actually interesting and the only reason this game has been worthwhile. You think you know characters but they could have some huge twist hidden around that makes everyone unpredictable.

And yet those forums don't represent us all.

Batman already goes out of his way to protect full, unquestionable villain John from death in other Batman media so it's not a stretch to try to protect "friend" John here even if it fucks with your relationships. Bruce won't ever just let people die, evil or not.

And I wonder how many more normies would have sent John down the vigilante path if they knew about it/didn't have to replay the whole episode.

I'm assuming realistically it's going to end with him being taken out of the picture in some way; keeping him alive for season 3 would be way too complicated if the paths are this divergent.

Personally, I see only two options for the vigilante path:
>John accidentally infects himself with the virus and goes nuts, Batman has to take him out or he ends up doing the right thing and sacrificing himself
OR
>Batman turns on John when he gets too killhappy on criminals, or is forced to fight him because Catslut is wearing an explosive collar in the screencaps so Waller will Suicide Squad her and blow her up unless Batman gives in to her demands

the joker isn't as versatile a character as batman. There's nothing beneath the role and he's unknowable by design. What else is there too the character if he's changed beyond htat?

A lot of the changes have been terrible though. Harvey/Two-Face, Penguin and everything with the Children of Arkham were all bad. There's more shit in Tell-Tale's Batman then good.

Archenemies are always a popular ship, because even if it's stupid you can't deny it's interesting. If it seems more popular with archenemies of the same-sex, that's cuz people assume enemies of the opposite sex will wind up falling for each other, "cuz otherwise, why make them the opposite sex?" And if they don't, they assume "well I guess they're just not into each other"

Inversely, it doesn't matter how much two same-sex archenemies hate each other, despise each other, actively go out of their way to ruin one another's life, as long as they're "SECRETLY GAY" the shippers can just excuse that shit as "Oh, that's because one or both of them are repressing their gay feeings, and the hatred is just an outlet for their homolust."

You see something similar with the Timmy/Vicky ship's popularity in FOP fandom - it's easy enough to rationalize Vicky as a secret shotacon by assuming all her anger and sadism is a result of denying her desires.

That's what I'm saying, the paths could just steamroll into one ending. John becomes villain Joker no matter what. This is something Telltale would do. Then he can be around for season 3 without issues except for maybe a few dialogue differences if he tried to be Bruce's friend before.

I think all of those differences were great. The big problem, mainly with Harvey, is that Telltale didn't follow through on the differences. Harvey still basically winds up as Two-Face no matter what and Penguin didn't amount to anything at all.

I'll say the exact same thing I said about White Knight: this Joker plot would've been better served by being about Harvey Dent.

It really is a shame that despite TDK having such a great take on Two-Face, all the public/WB/DC seems to have picked up on from it is "Yo the Joker is SICK, man"

That's actually what I love about Batman.

>the joker isn't as versatile a character as batman. There's nothing beneath the role and he's unknowable by design. What else is there too the character if he's changed beyond htat?
I don't see that at all. If he isn't versatile it's because no one is interested in writing him as anything but a psycho edgelord. Whenever writers venture outside of their comfort zone and actually try to portray the Joker in a different light, the results are almost always largely positive. Look at Dini's; he can work well as a genuinely comedic character and as a truly threatening one depending on the story.

Hell, I'll even give Sean Murphy credit for his Joker in White Knight. It's a shitty story and he's a bad writer who couldn't take a good concept and run with it, but the groundwork for success was there, and I have no doubt a more talented person could've made it a good story. And let's not forget about Alan Moore. His willingness to challenge the audience's perception on the character more or less changed how the Joker was interpreted forever to the point where DC is STILL ripping him off decades later.

Probably sidekick. I doubt they had an entire scene of her developing her own suit and tech for nothing.

>if you team up with your buddy John Waller gets buttmad and forms the Suicide Squad

>, it doesn't matter how much two same-sex archenemies hate each other, despise each other, actively go out of their way to ruin one another's lif
See, most of the time writers make hate come off as weirdly obsessive and from there it's not a long way to making it seem gay. After all, the opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.

>flamboyant character whose obsession with his enemy is so all consuming and so intense that he literally has no sexual interest in his girlfriend because of it, and is constantly making innuendos or teasing remarks that seem like thinly veiled flirting
Frank Miller was doing it with his Joker back in TDKR. Why are dudebros acting like there's no basis for this? I don't even ship it but come the fuck on, you'd be blind not to see it.

I'd love Telltale forever if they actually had an ending where vigilante John stays good and sacrifices himself for you to save the day.

It would be unexpected, but make the supportive buildup you give him over season 1 and 2 so much more powerful.

It would also be nice to contrast the almost constant, "Whatever you do he'll just end up being the Joker." ending everyone is expecting.

Why do so many of you want him to get killed off?

So anything thoughts how they'll end things will Selina?

Choosing all the romance options in season 2 implies that she's planning to stick around this time.

Is that a black fairy godmother?

Yeah but see, you're just looking at the fact something was changed and not what that change resulted in. Most of the differences were surface and none were really striking, dramatic designs. Slim Penguin could work but he never really comes to anying and his mask is stupid. Harvey's storyline is just a fucking joke.

Oh, I'm well aware. I don't care for a lot of the TDKR but the Joker is one of the better handled parts. That doesn't mean I want it to become main stream characterisation; I'd be as annoyed if Joker by Brian Azzuroimanautist or Joker from 'Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth' became the mainstream kinds of Joker.

also
>flamboyant character whose obsession blah blah blah
Fuck off, there's tons of ways to do a flamboyant, fun, bouncy Joker who isn't gay. The Animated Series, The Brave and the Bold, JL and the first Batman movie all showed this, stop being so unimaginative.

>Harvey
Nothing bad about this except for the fact that you were forced into fighting him no matter what in typical Telltale fashion.

>Penguin
I always see this brought up, but really, he was so much like Hush that it didn't offend me, just underwhelm me. If you're going to make a pre-established character a carbon copy of another one, why not just use that other character instead?

>Children of Arkham
Literally no one gives a shit about Vicky Vale outside of people who watched Batman 89. You could have picked any random background character to be Lady Arkham and it wouldn't have mattered.

Because it's the only place they can really take the story at this point. John has gotten some wonderful development this season, but that choice in the fun-house was really the crossroads/watershed moment between him and Bruce.

Decent chance that she will leave if she finds out you lied to her about not knowing about Gordon.

However, I would like a route where she does stay and moves into Wayne manor. Especially for the story options that could open up in Season 3.

Harvey's storyline was mostly great with the slow deterioration and the dichotomy of his friendship with Bruce but also the need of his money and his genuine desire to protect and reform Gotham mixing with an increased willlingness to go down the wrong paths to accomplish his ends. He was the best part of the season until his storyline ended in a dud. Even so, the final battle with him was the most impactful in the season even if it wasn't the actual climax.

>Harvey
What was the point of being able to save him if you could change nothing? It was a non-choice that did nothing to make the character different or dynamic and was just lazy as fuck.

>Penguin
Hush is probably one of the worse Batman characters who was only good for one story arc and then worked in nothing else because there are too many ebil batmen already.

>Children of Arkham
Her character was still shit and generic, the potential of the Children of Arkham was wasted with just 3 examples from it, two of which who are essentially non characters and the other is just 'grudge holding dispossessed rich guy' with a crap plan.

Thanks but no thanks. I want a happy ending, dammit.

But this is how Harvey is presented anyway, the only difference here was you could save him and get the reward of a big nothing burger.

Because a good death has the potential to stick with you for a long time, and throwing him back into Arkham would be anticlimactic.

They don't even have to make his death explicit. They could make it like Selina's at the end of Batman Returns and it would still be just as good.

Calling it now. John will become Joker no matter what. The ending will be him getting sent to Arkham.

But trying to constantly be there for him and steer him right as Bruce and failing at every turn made it mean more. The voice acting when Harvey apologizes to Bruce after the breakdown over catching him with Selina was some of Telltale's best.

This is what bruce does every time, nothing is new or unique about this interaction

This. Come on, they're not going to kill him. And if Season 3 is happening, they're going to pigeonhole everything into one ending for Joker. They won't keep that huge variation going forward.

I'd love:

>Vigilante ending
John actually helps you and becomes a flawed hero. He gives his life protecting you and it's all the more tragic. Bruce actually puts up a memorial for him in the Batcave ala the Jason Todd costume in the comics.

>Villain ending.
John goes full Joker. Has a full out smash with Batman at the end, but survives and gets carted off to Arkham Asylum. Basically becomes revolving door current comic Joker.

Not if they kill him off, then it won't matter and they can just move onto the next bad guy. Hopefully Ra's or The Court of Owls if I'm going to dream.

I just want this. I don't care if he's an edgelord or a relatively harmless jester.

>if Season 3 is happening

Good chance it will. A lot of the Telltale staff have been hinting that things will end on kinda a cliffhanger this season and it will lead into Season 3.

They won't kill him off.

is that the fucking batcave

>Especially for the story options that could open up in Season 3.

I'd also like this.

Open season 3 with them talking in bed together and have her be the confidant of the story. Especially if one of the final choices in season 2 is Alfred having the breakdown.

>Responding to a 666 post with the numbers themselves.

>As the description indicates, the choices players have made over the course of the season will determine which story – and which version of The Joker – they’ll see in the finale. Same Stitch features two totally separate takes on the fully evolved John Doe: one a ruthless villain that hews closer to the classic Clown Prince of Crime and the other an unpredictable vigilante that’s unlike any other portrayal of DC’s iconic character.

>In total, Same Stitch contains three and a half hours of content spread across two completely distinct storylines that share, at most, only three overlapping scenes. Each of those storylines includes further conditional variations that reflect players’ earlier choices and make Same Stitch, mathematically, Telltale’s “branchiest” episode ever. With over 4,500 lines of dialogue divided among 38 characters, the overall script for the episode is larger than Christopher Nolan’s entire Dark Knight trilogy.

>“Without exaggeration, Same Stitch is the most ambitious piece of content Telltale has ever produced,” says Season Lead Writer James Windeler. “We had to adjust our usual development process to accommodate the added scope, but it was super important to us to honor players’ choices, whether they chose to befriend John or not. We had to deliver on the season’s central promise of allowing players to craft their own Joker.”

>What would you choose: a friend whose unhinged approach to justice turns your allies against you, or a sworn enemy who will stop at nothing to see you suffer as your city burns?
What allies? Waller is a cunt with her own agenda, Gordon has barely had a role this season and I can't see him not siding with Batman against Waller in some way, Avesta is probably betraying you secretly, and Catwoman has always been a wildcard. The only ally I can see who might get pissed is Alfred, but since when would he stay mad at Bruce?

This. Absolutely.

>implying Catwoman will still be alive at the start of season 3

Worth it

shit, now I wish I went with vigilante John. This actually looks promising.
yea, I fucking loved Tales. It definitely felt the most interactive out of all the Telltale games.

>there are '''''fans''''' who went with the villain route because MUH JOKER and not the vigilante route
>there are posters in this very thread who will never know the satisfaction of having John as your best friend and proto Robin

Pretty much this. Bruce can't win with any of them anyways. If I have issues with John, it'll be because he keeps trying to kill everyone when Bruce is strictly against that. Not because he ruins Bruce's already shitty relationships. I have a good feeling that both Johns will put Alfred in some kind of danger to bring a head to Alfred's health issues, though. I think that's where the real split decision will come in.

Anyone else reading the Sins of the Father tie-comic?

Agree that vigilante ending would be awesome, especially the 'ala Jason' memorial, powerful image.
I wouldn't be happy with the villain end, but as it's been said, this seems like the most likely option coming into possible season 3 Perhaps they're planning to somehow cliffhanger John? Vigilante path, looks like he sacrifices himself and Bruce doesn't know if he's alive or not at the end?
Cue season 3 beginning with John in full Joker mode, no memory of friendship with Bruce due to said cliffhanger maybe-death, and devs can continue on one simple storyline

>Villain Joker
>your final decision will be to choose to save either Joker or Waller from dying
>vigilante Joker
>your final decision will be to either stay by your principles or break your code in order to save Joker
What will you choose, Sup Forums?

>it was super important to us to honor players’ choices, whether they chose to befriend John or not
You'd better honor my choice dammit, I want my vigilante buddy John to be Bruce's Batfamily.

According to the statistics, the real minority is people who sided with Waller. I've done everything I can to support her and I hope that pays off.

>mfw romancing Selina will actually matter and fujofags are gonna get cucked because Telltale can't into branching narratives

>antihero good guy Joker isn't a new take on Red Hood
>it's just the same old Joker in a slightly different suit with a bad haircut and shit smeared over his face
So what was the point?

>thinking the fujoshits matter
nah, telltale knows who the majority of their players are. they don't mind shipteasing, but anything more than that would piss the rest of their fanbase off. look at how triggered they are in the forums at the very mention of bruce/john and you'll see what i mean.

Kill Waller
Kill Waller

>You see something similar with the Timmy/Vicky ship's popularity in FOP fandom - it's easy enough to rationalize Vicky as a secret shotacon by assuming all her anger and sadism is a result of denying her desires.

No, that's just Sup Forums wanting to bang Vicky by trying to be in Timmy's place.

>Red Hood as Batman's dapper colleague in crimefighting
See, that would actually be clever, user, and Telltale can't have that.

Ships are for losers

>tfw would love gay shit with Joker
>tfw also happily romanced Selina
I guess I don't have too much of a dog in this race. Threesome never.

looks like a big slop of shit

I'M GONNA TO FREE YOU HARLEY!!!

PAMELA IS WAITING FOR YOU

DC's still giving Janin work, I see.

>Harley who's unstable and will succumb to dementia soon
>Dini's Bane
>Cat-I'm outta here-woman
Man, Waller is retarded

Just like always. Waller is the perfect representation of the Government: big, powerful, and utterly incompetent.

You can save him though if you play it right in the last episode. When you take down Harvey in Episode 5, he'll either swear revenge against you while being taken away or be very regretful about his actions.

I heard it sucked

Are we really supposed to dislike John for stabbing her? I hope he does it again. Hell, if I could find a way to do it myself I would.

Joker is my favorite character for one reason, he has been not one but at least 5 different characters and I like White Knight even if the writing has problems it's an interesting story.

By the way John/Harley has been a very sweet ending but even if you took the other path the final result will be the same what's okay for me.

Calm down Satan.

It's okay so far. The art's a little wonky, but the characters look like in the game, and I'm damn glad they're taking Deadshot back to his roots.

am i the only one who loves waller?

>not doing two save files simultaneously and trying them both
shiggy diggy