The Spectacular Spider-Man

Today marks the 10th anniversary of The Spectacular Spider-Man, arguably one of the best incarnations of the character. Discuss your favorite episodes, characters, and moments, talk about what could've been, and other stuff to celebrate the show.

Other urls found in this thread:

s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?qid=19596
youtube.com/watch?v=lH5I5074lRg
youtube.com/watch?v=TxtvogVepSg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bump!

http: //remarkage . blogspot . ca/2014/07 /season-3 . html

It was the best spider-man show

SO GOOD
I liked pretty much everyone even Kraven

Kraven seems to be a universally-disliked aspect of the show. I didn't mind him getting turned into a werecat, but I do think it kinda pushes into Puma's gimmick, and it's too soon for Kraven to escalate like that.

Best waifus for sure, even though the art style makes them near-unfappable.

>yfw Marvel will never wrangle the rights out of Sony's hands so they can make a comic sequel, and give Weisman the reigns

Marvel doesn't really have a lot of respect for any past animation projects. DC at least throws DCAUfags a bone here and there. Marvel pretends anything they don't promote doesn't exist.

Best Norman/Goblin. And that's quite statement since there's so many great versions of the character

>arguably one of the best incarnations of the character.
>arguably

I didn't like the way they handled Silver Sable. The mob boss daughter aspect was stupid and really shit on the character that had a unique history.

I discovered it years after it ended. I'm usually one of those guys that thinks that only the things created in his time are good, you know, the 90s kid.

But this one was very good. Horrible character designs but the rest was great. I was very saddened when I found they replaced it with that shitty Ultimate Spiderman.

Motherfucking Hammerhead and his driver were the fucking best.

>Time...it will not wait...no matter...how hard you hold on...it escapes you...and....

I haven't seen it, it's still on my to watch list, but I will gripe about how they changed Eddie Brock into a kid, just doesn't feel right

They would've expanded her role in season 3.

>10 years

Damn

It still works

He's 18, legally an adult, and still older than Peter. Their dynamic is great, though, especially once Eddie becomes Venom.

I'd bitch about Marvel's Spider-Man de-aging Ock as well, but that honestly worked as well. One of the few strong areas of that show.

OSBOOOOOOOOORN

Steve Blum’s Goblin is a miracle of the universe

I never liked Ultimate Venom as much as 616, so the influences from there felt forced. Also, I can’t take this dude seriously when he’s Venom still calling Spidey “bro”.

I liked it, but I'm also a filthy furry.

>DNA hacked
LIVIN ON THE EDGE
FIGHTING CRIME
SPINNIN WEBS

I really wished they used Kingpin instead of Tombstone, they’re essentially the same character in this show. Any reason why they didn’t just use Kingpin?

I wish Greg would just straight up give us an outline for what S3 and beyond would have been. He has to have known for years now.

From what I heard, Marvel wouldn't let them use Kingpin at all, so the show had to make do with a substitute.

s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?qid=19596

I mean actual story details. Because you know he had ideas planned out for each of the seasons and movies.

I'm fine with what we got. The 90's show made me so damn sick of Kingpin. Plus, it elevated Tombstone, who was previously a low-tier crime lord.

See Greg doesn't like spilling future plans too much in case 1) The unlikely happens and he gets the chance to tell those stories again (Gargoyles comic, YJ season 3), and 2) Outlines and written descriptions aren't as good as execution.

>Any reason why they didn’t just use Kingpin?
Kingpin's rights were wrapped up in a Daredevil cartoon that was in development hell.

yeah I can imagine a lot of furries gravitating to SSM

he didn't deserve her

People bitch about the designs and style but I thought it was one of the shows strong points.
It felt like every character had a unique silhouette and proportions. Doc Oc's design in particular was something else. They managed to sell his evolution from stocky, timid scientist to real supervillain with a coat and some alien shades.
And goddamn the voice acting was good. There will never be a better voice for spidey

They're pretty dumb about that shit. They're dumb about acknowledging any kind of past media for the most part. You'll see little teases few and far between while DC always acknowledges past shit, to the point where you get a TTG or a YJ S3 (hate it or love it).

They could have done an unofficial sequel comic with Weisman easily and fans would have eaten it up. The most they did was get him to write that one Flash Thompson story when he first came back without his legs.

>There will never be a better voice for spidey
Rino Romano, though Keaton is a close second.

I liked and understood some of the character consolidations but it felt a little odd always hearing Shocker talk like a cattle rustler.

I dug the take on Electro

L. Thompson Lincoln was so damned smooth. I was never a big Tombstone fan before but I loved him on this show.

That's because they wanted to use Kingpin, but couldn't, so they drew another character over him. Everything about him is Kingpin.

>yfw we will never get this good shit again
youtube.com/watch?v=lH5I5074lRg

The golden age of action cartoons before they all died.

youtube.com/watch?v=TxtvogVepSg

>dumping the greatest girlfriend ever for Gwen after Gwen made herself less cute
Fucking fool

Something about his name that was just anonymous and badass

L. Thompson Lincoln

He didn't have Kingpin's theatrics or emotional instability.
And frankly an albino sharkman is more threatening than a fat guy in a kravat.

His first name is Lonnie.

I can see why he keeps that a secret.

How long before she actually forgives him?
I'd guess sooner than she thinks

>>sooner than never anyways

literally the only well done villainous black cat

Bitches hate to love Spider-Man

no one can fuck em like he can

I hate how it got fucked. Getting cancelled due to poor ratings is one thing, but being killed off because of rights issues just pisses me off. Then it got replaced by the piece of shit Ultimate Spider-man show. I am so salty that got to go 65 episodes and this only had two seasons.

I always hate that little shit Harry but they all deserve each other

>65 episodes

104 episodes

Avengers Assemble is going to end with 130

lol

always looking for the next victim

She was a crook but I wouldn't all her a villain

Noooooooo. That can't be right. Time couldn't have gone that fast.

Yeah, I don't think she'd go out of her way to antagonize Spidey, but team-ups are now out of the question.

Apparently, Sable was eventually going to become an independent mercenary. Also, I could see how her background as a Nazi hunter could get outdated.

>10th anniversary

This show had us make Spider-Gwen before Spider-Gwen.

>People hoot and holler to bring back that shitty Young Justice show but this gets nothing.

And yeah I know it's a legal issue but it still fucking sucks where people's priorities lay

Why do people always use that model of Gwen? Not only did she get HOT. But she got so hot they changed her shot in the theme song!

Here's an idea. Maybe both series can be fucking amazing. Oh wait. They totally were.

the whole venom part was awesome

Keep in mind that social media wasn't as big back then as it is now. Even if there weren't legal issues regarding Spectacular, it would've been hard to get the word out about it. YJ didn't have the limitation, PLUS it had no legal issues like SSM did, PLUS support from Weisman (who showran both shows, btw), PLUS an actually organized campaign to bring it back that extended beyond petitions.

>This bitch is wearing perfume!