Tropes you hate

>female character has a grappling hook

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JMwGNRWBh9A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I've been on this site for over 11 years and this is the stupidest god damn thing I ever read.

t. webbyfag

>Black people

... is this a thing?

>forced diversity

Why tho?

>male character is named Steven Universe and is a homo with a pink shirt and jewish afro

When will they cease with this trope?

I can only think of Mabel and Webby. It's not that prevalent yet, but I can see it becoming more of a thing.

>main character isn't female

>movie
>character has to hide a lie through most of the movie

God this one's so bad
I hate hate HATE this trope

>Try telling a cohesive story but not an anime
Why even try

Oddly specific but I know where youre coming from

For me its:

>bully reforms and becomes a decent guy
>he becomes too nice and annoys others
>WE WANT OUR JERK BACK!!!

>Secret agent pastiche character has a secret agent gadget
Wow, stop the presses!

I liked the “subversion” in Adventure Time where the grass ogre literally had to be obnoxious to keep an ecological disaster from happening.

They did that in American Dad, too, where Roger's species can't survive without being bitchy.

I fucking hated that episode. That part when he is nice and Finn and Jake just starts being huge assholes to him hit me right in the feels out of the blue. He literally did nothing wrong, listened to others, applied himself, became a decent guy and gets rewarded by getting shat on. Its so fucking mean spirited in a kids comedy.

I was wrong, this is now the stupidest god damn thing I ever read.

>mean spirited
Kill yourself you are everything wrong with this board

>Female villain doesn't rape anyone

I feel you bro, I feel you. This world needs more female on male rape.

mean spirited does not automatically mean mr. enter tho

>""""""""female"""""""" villain has a clublike penis

>protag and antag team up together to beat up super antagonist

>Something that happened in one form of popular media.
>Happens in another form of popular media.

It grinds my gears! Fortunately, the Dude From the Internet is here to point it out. You're Welcome.

Yeah, a lot of Sup Forums likes this one, but I never did. It makes the regular antagonist seem kinda lame if some new bad guy comes along who's so much more badass. It works occasionally, like when Lex Luthor helped fight Darkseid in the JLU finale, but mostly I dislike it.

Jesus christ, stop reminding me of this tryhard. I swear to god he was the worst part of the internet for many, many years.

>male best friend character has a pet frog

Doug is still the king of the internet

>black character has a sister

But user, don't you want to hear his witty, incisive takedown of the Pound Puppies movie?

>protagonists bestfriend literally doesn't get any girls at all even in the ending

>the villain plays an instrument

>filename
thats a cat you fucking retard

>main character is bigger than a breadbox

This one hurts the most.

>Applejack scene
>Banjo starts playing

>Black character is a sister

It's one thing if it's weird and/or horrible movies & cartoons he actually watched or even enjoyed as a kid or in college. It's another when he's basically going through the same motions with current works, because he's expected to have opinions on them as he's a Online Media Critic.

Basically, after his original project crashed, he's realized that being Nostalgia Critic is his only marketable routine, and it shows.

Dude From the Internet has opinions about Tigersharks!

>alien has teeth

>I might be a crime lord who murders, steals, kidnaps and extorts... but at least I don't sell *marijuana!*
>Teams up with the good guys to fight Drug Man.

>aliens are humanoid
this one is the most bullshit how can you tell what they look like if you haven't seen it at all?

>Froot Loops scene
>JUST FOLLOW YOUR NOSE

What about female on female rape?

Preferably older on younger femdom.
There's actually this one great manga with a woman tutor...

go on..

I feel bad for him. He clearly just doesn't care anymore, but it's basically his one skill.

>hundred years or more in the future
>white people are the only people around

Search for Kudou Hisashi and yuri, you'll find it.

> School/office setting
> Attractive girl is an alpha bitch
> Acts like a villain the whole series
> Circumstances reveal the girl is actually super sympathetic
> Main characters empathize with alpha bitch, show understanding
> Next episode, everything's back to square one
Looking at you, Bonnie Rockwaller, Avengers Academy's version of Enchantress, Chloe Bourgeois, Sharpay, etc.

>guys fight with punches and brutal attacks
>girls fight with flip kicks and nimble attacks

What is the differenc between diversity and forced diversity?

Any battle of the sexes episode

One comes naturally, often due to narrative reasones, or just because author thinks it would be cool, one comes as a result of ideology, blind ideology.

>Characters who have traditional, liberal or conservitive values or have opinions on things they would otherwise be indifferent to if they were written in character

Ex. Joker hating Nazis for some reason, and going off on Redskull in that one crossover comic

Ex 2. Rick from Rick and Morty (I know, haha.) beating up homophobes and racists with Summer despite the fact that he's literally destroyed entire universes and not cared but for some reason now it matters how people treat eachother??????

As I kid I always thought it was kinda weird how every GTA protagonist would do just about anything except drugs.

Optimal form for sapience.

>female character can stand up against a physically superior male in combat

>protag has to hurt someone to protect them
>protag can't quickly explain anything

You aren't wrong but the episode portrays it that way. Finn was super bummed about how it had to go down and Jake had to cheer him up by encouraging him to wistfully go stare at a lake. It was like the heaviest season 1 of Adventure Time ever got.
That makes me okay with it, it's less mean spirited ruining this characters life and more the characters dealing with a bad situation that doesn't have a completely happy outcome. Even then Donny at least gets to have a great time blasting the house people with eggs and shit.

I don't get it

also
>Character Revival

Got it, BLACKED.COM is natural and Burger king kids club is forced

Yes. One results from someone having a specific kink, while the other is "how many tokens can we put in one group?"

>Rick from Rick and Morty (I know, haha.) beating up homophobes and racists with Summer despite the fact that he's literally destroyed entire universes and not cared but for some reason now it matters how people treat eachother??????

He was bonding with Summer, and Summer wanted to beat those people up. What's the problem?

Both examples are Nazis, I think that's the problem.

based

>Babysisters Screams causes Earthquakes

If it's not Nick Fury, it's forced.

[Team]
Smart character
Strong character
strong heart character
[Team]
Evil vilain with a dumb sad back story like "my people are opressed" or "my dad, dog, mom and cat died so i'm evil now"
Edgy villain becomes a ally because shit
The stronger, smarter and more hearted character who does nothing and only exists to be defeated and make the situation looks dangerous

Lol wtf?

expanding upon your post:
>the status quo does not change between episodes and whatever character developement happened gets completely ignored.

but this is the "bad" trope thread, m8

>older on younger femdom
>not younger on older femdom

Pleb.

Goth girls

Fuck you, I love that.

Niggers in New York City is diversity.

Putting black people in a scene in Oslo is forced diversity.

Nerdy black friend trope

Black people trope

misunderstandings that aren't immediately dealt with

>female character is the best fighter ever
>completely floors every male character she encounters
>only loses to another female

Bingo.
but what if there were a Burger king kids club gets BLACKED parody?

youtube.com/watch?v=JMwGNRWBh9A

>Adult cartoon has unique setting/premise
>humor is just same old sex jokes, shit jokes, and pop culture references

That and sexual abuse. But not anymore, Franklin smokes weed and Trevor does drugs (mostly off-screen) and is implied to have raped Floyd.

Now we know why they call him JAWS

I'm okay with that. What I'm not okay with is things like this, where a flimsy girl beats a ripped guy at something based purely on physical strength. Have her win a fight because she's a better fighter than him despite his strength, sure, but how is she gonna win at arm wrestling?

>Black people trope
I hate this too. every minstrel show I go to is the same

>every melee-using character wields a sword

I want more polearms.

Polearms, especially poleaxes, are seriously underused and underrated.

I also like maces and flails

The former is easy to ignore, the latter isn't.

Your mileage may vary.

Bon Bon

Real name Special Agent Sweetie Drops

Cindy Lou Who will have a grappling hook in the upcoming Grinch movie. Screencap this post.

>character spouts out random nonsense that is batshit insane but as the series progresses it turns out to be true

>The big bad is an absolutely great villain with top-tier scenes and buildup throughout the whole show
>Heroes finally confront them
>"Oh shit, you beat me... Well jokes on you there was actually a bigger bad the whole time"

WELL TO BAD WE ARE HERE TO STAY