This was great

This was great

Why did Hughie get shit on because he saw his gf sucking another man's dick and got angry?

Ennis is a cuck

I mean they weren’t together when that happened, Hughie was kind of being a tool.

it was ok don't fool yourself

This

That and it was Hughie being angry over her keeping secrets from him, when at the same time it takes him until before the climax to admit that he's a CIA operative part of a team dedicated to humiliating, degrading, and violently murdering supers like her. He's really got no moral high ground to stand on.

It ran for too long, but the story was good. It only got better in the final arc when Billy tried to kill all supers and got Wee Hughie to kill him by pretending he killed his parents.

No

You're right, it was totally reasonable for him to be angry at her for her being blackmailed in to giving a group of men oral sex to get the job of her dreams, when she was clearly broken up and ashamed of having done it, and before she even met Hughie. He's totally not being an insecure manchild, Garth Ennis is the one in the wrong here.

She didnt deserve anything bad that hapened to her

Asian should have lived, cock sucking chick should have died. black guy's mom should not be seen by mortal men.

Well of course, how else would you explain Butcher’s insane motivation?

Why do you think Ennis was using Hughie as his mouthpiece? Hughie had flaws, he was not a perfect person.

It's the perfect litmus test for weeding out plebs who would almost immediately dismiss it because of the edge.

I read it because of the edge. Honestly, I didn't care for it that much. Don't think I'll ever read it again.

Yet another case of the pleb-filter at work, though not one I intended.

I really wanted to like the boys but it's definitely in the lower tier of ennis' catalogue. Even reading about shitting on superheroes is exhausting. It was like a hatefuck.I think the last good ennis comics that weren't punisher or war related was rover red charlie.

That's what I am saying, user. Hughie gets shit on for getting angry at her because his anger was baseless, hypocritical, and irrational. It's a character flaw centered around his past trauma and lingering insecurities that he needs to overcome.

Yeah beneath all the unnecessary edge it's actually a really engaging story. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it.

It's a bit gratuitous at times but I honestly can't see the story being told in a better way without the edge.

The issue is that the edge just gets agonizingly repetitive after just the first arc. It's an endless stream of "HEY, you know your favorite Marvel/DC character/team? You think they're so cool, right? WELL BAM, THEY'RE A DEVIANT/PEDOPHILE/RAPIST/NAZI! HOW ABOUT THAT?" repeated ad nauseam until like 40 issues in.

If you want an edgy superhero comic with lots of black humor, then Marshall Law did the same thing with far fewer issues (and even that wound up going on way longer than it really should've).