Tropes you love/Would like to see

>>Villian defeats the hero with the power of friendship

>>Villian kicks the hero's ass in a song form

>>Villian's argument is so compelling that the hero actually changes sides

>>The pacifist actually loves to fight

Also, come up with a trope that would interest you.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/CringeAnarchy
thereligionofpeace.com/pages/articles/jesus-muhammad.aspx
thereligionofpeace.com/pages/quran/homosexuality.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>character is bookish and loves reading, but is of average or even below average intelligence

>cheerful character fucks up / loses a close friend and permanently changes personality
I just like suffering mkay

>goofy character is actually overpowered and reveals this only under duress

Anytime the villain is in the right and wins. I love that

This is a good one

>hero changes sides because villain's arguement is good
name some, that's some good shit
also
>the hero ends up slowly losing innocence and suffers throughout the story, wondering if their ideals are right
>the hero sticks to what is right in the end even after everything that has happened

>The pacifist actually loves to fight
How exactly is this possible? Like, their pacifismis just a facade?

>There are no true villain and hero
>Everyone does evil and good
>Everyone has reasonable motivation and logical goals
>Pseudo hero switches sides multiple time and ends up being a radical centrist

What makes them a villain then?

>some of the heroes and villains have a good working relationship and are on friendly terms outside of their weekly battles

>protagonist is uncomfortable or a straight up bigot against a certain race, species or gender, whether they are real or not
>the story doesn't deal with them overcoming that prejudice and is instead a part of their personality that is brought up very ocassionally
>they are still a heroic and decent person

Thor and Loki?

>protag's hatred is completely justified and the series goes on to show villains that the hero is bigoted towards, with only a few being decent/good people

Are there any cartoons or hell, movies whether they are animated or not, that carry the lesson that "certain races/ethnic groups are never to be trusted under any circumstances" that wasn't made 70 years ago?

cringe

You're acting as though it is impossible for someone to be a good person despite not liking certain communities. I'm pretty sure you have your own share of prejudices.

>Villan brainwashes heros crush to be evil
>brainwashing is permanent and show doesn't go back to the status quo at the end of the episode.

agreed lol

>Hero has to kill the woman he once loved but can't do it

>Pacifist was once a beserker
>Fucked shit up weekly, left bodies in the streets, towns in ruins
>Ran out of strong opponents, mellowed out
>Eventually settled down, had a family
>No threat from heroes nor villians scare him. Becomes a pacifist. Locks away his beserker mentality
>Starts taking punishment for shits and giggles, beatings whatever, doesn't fear death
>One opponent out of the blue starts fucking shit up.
>Beats him up good
>The pacifist tries to resolve things peacefully
>Villian ain't having it
>Villian beats him near death
>Beserker personality ignites, the pacifist starts laughing like a madman
>Beserker persona proceeds to beat the ever living shit out of the villian while smiling, bleeding, laughing and just enjoys the carnage

Not at all pic related, but I love beserker forms

I'm actually waiting for something along this greentext to come along

not quite a race but more of an activity
>character had asthma as a child
>absolutely hates people that smoke anything at all that are younger than 40s
>heheheh i'm a friend to all living things xD
you act like statistics aren't a thing. like if christians or muslims are against gays. must be nice to have not been hated for no reason before you cucks

I actually love this.

Do you have asthma

Watch land of the Lustrous.

Didn't Wonder over yonder do at least one of these?

I made this post specifically because I just watched it

Literally Gundam Unicorn

Not even, I just think your post was cringey and you should get your head checked, friend.

>it's another Sup Forums trope thread that gets derailed by literal faggots

>reading comprehension
not me but i love characters that are written well with FLAWS
anyone that unironically uses the word cringe is a sperg tbqhwyf

Gotta love that rock lesbian PTSD

What? In which part of my post did I mention being a friend to all living things? When did I say that some Christians and Muslims aren't against gays?
I just stated that people with prejudices shouldn't be portrayed as irredeemably evil people in fiction; they can be more complex than that.

Did you know 9 out of 10 depressed people suffer from depression. That means there is 1 out of 10 who enjoy depression. I am one of these people. I live to suffer.

Lion King.

Anyone got the threadcap of the basic bitch knight tagging along with a group of magical girls, and just wants a simple sword fight?

I have no problem with flaws, doesn't make the post any less cringe though

>cheerful and brighter than life character has to deal with so much through their adventures that the start becoming more cynical, unsure, nervous and anxious yet more responsible without losing their optimistic spirit

>The Tank character in the Protags' group goes up against another huge dude, and everyone just kinda stops to watch the behemoths slam it out

>Joke character is actually strong when is serious

Got you, user

Thanks famalam

Cutesy male comic relief character gets in a hilaaaarious abusive relationship with a controlling bitch, and...

Other characters notice and protect him like they'd protect their own sisters or daughters, giving the bitchy one The Talk and kicking her ass if necessary.

Just once, I want to see that.

>secondary hero villain (not the main one on their side) romance

Let me get this straight, Neo is supposedly some OC of Monty's inspired by some genderbent Torchwick cosplayer he got hard for. He had this character obliterate Yang because lolwhynot.

Then where the fuck did the multicoloured hair and eyes come from?

Cringe is a reddit word, famalamadingdong.

r/cringeanarchy is that way --> reddit.com/r/CringeAnarchy

>Kind and thoughtful MC sees someone close to him die/maimed and just loses it and obliterates everyone around him/her.

>main character dies halfway through the story
>it's up to their friends to complete their quest without them
>bonus: they don't come back to life at the end

That's a pretty cringe post, friend....

>Neo.
>Neopolitan.
>Ice cream.
>where does any of the character design choices come from.
>Characters that are literally based off internet memes.

>The pacifist actually loves to fight
Poppy oPossum

>Villian's argument is so compelling that the hero actually changes sides
Invincible

>Villian kicks the hero's ass in a song form
Music Meister and any song based villain

>Villian defeats the hero with the power of friendship
Not what you're looking for exactly, but villains team up all the time, Harley and Ivy, PPG villains, etc etc

Funny, a christian hasn't killed a gay in over ten years, while Islam recently did the Pulse gay nightclub shooting in Ohio.

thereligionofpeace.com/pages/articles/jesus-muhammad.aspx
thereligionofpeace.com/pages/quran/homosexuality.aspx

you make me hate I said famalam earlier.

>character dies in the story
>rest of the story completely revolves around reviving this character, giving others screen time
>it takes several fucking years of plot for the character to be cured

That's a pretty cringe post, friend...

You post cringe, you get cringed at back until you go back to plebbit where cwhingers line you belong.

Cringe

>a christian hasn't killed a gay in over ten years
That's bullshit and you know it.

>MC or supporting character gets horribly maimed or wounded on the battlefield
>still continues fighting despite obvious loss of life incoming.

Please get the fuck out, all of you.
>>Sup Forums

Wasn't this an arc in Order of the Stick?

>A extremely powerful villain that's set-up as impossible to defeat gets their ass handed to them

Not really, it is more of a balance thing not a hatred thing.

>new villain has arrived
>the heroes' master plan has failed completely
>their trump card was useless
>villain is acting like a smug asshole
>situation appears hopeless
>villain gets attacked from behind
>turns around incredulous
>there's the main villain from the previous arc
>the heroes went so far as to bring their old nemesis back to beat the newer one
>absolutely everyone knows how fucking terrible the situation is at the moment

>By a supporting character coming to the aid of the MC

>entire episode is a musical number in which a single character is in charge of singing

>species
VAMOOSE ALIEN VAGRANT.
GET. LOST.

Fuckin' xenos

>Villain is nice to his henchmen
>a bad guy and a good guy (but not the main ones) have to work together
>the villain has a nice hobby, like playing music or cooking
>hero/villain romance arc that doesn't result in either of them switching sides
>creative applications of magic in mundane life/industry
>a tyrant is finally overthrown, but the new government isn't any better/the country falls into chaos
>science and magic work well together

>Hero doesn't have any magic, fancy equipment or powers, they're just a normal guy who's quick on his feet, determined, heroic, and is REALLY good at fighting.
>>Bonus points if it shows they train a lot and work hard to get where they are.
>Goes into every fight knowing there's a really good chance they're going to die, but does it anyway cause its the right thing to do.
>Hero gains the respect and admiration of people who actually have super powers and magic.
>>They don't treat him any less and see him as an equal (if not superior) for getting as far as they have with no short cuts.
>The one dickhead who sees them as inferior because they're just a typical human who lacks powers or magic.
>>Normal person KICKS THE SHIT out of them and puts them in their place.
I love the badass normal trope.

>the villain's best friend is a regular minion
>not a commander
>not a general
>just another mook
>they don't get any special treatment either
>the villain just likes hanging out with them

see

Check out overlord

Ya blew it in in the last three lines and it became your average Batfag writer fuckery.

That's a terrible example, user. Overlord is about a completely OP magician surrounded by normal people who are regarded as garbage by his magically imbued minions.

Second season has a inept young swordsman trying to better himself, The show is almost more about literally everyone but Ains.

Yeah, and everyone keeps addressing how he has no talent and that even with practice he will never overcome the more talented foes he encounters. Hell, had Brain not shown up he would have died on his last fight.

>Battle royale show where there is no main hero or main villain since people can die at any moment. Multiple main characters that die. Some heroic deaths, some random deaths that come out of nowhere. The winner of the battle royale is a nobody that just camped throught the whole thing and kills the last remaining competitor so he can win.
>Wimpy S1 pathetic villain returns later as the biggest villain of the entire series
>Tv show starts as a fun adventure with a happy intro. The show then turns dark, then depressing, and the intro changes from upbeat happiness to intense sorrow.

But he still is trying, and everyone recognizes that.

That is true, but it doesn't fit what that user was talking about; a world where the regular people can triumph over those who are naturally powerful.
In Overlord weak people get slaughtered no matter how just their cause is, specially if they fight Nazarick.

>Hero loses to the main villain
>after this loss the series follows the Villain

I might remember this wrong, but I think there was a live action series about Viriato, a rebel who fought the Romans in Spain (a territory that encompassed the Iberian Peninsula) before being betrayed and killed by his own people. There was a sequel series to that, which had as the main character the villain of that previous series, as this guy returned to Rome and had to deal with a lot of shit.

>>The pacifist actually loves to fight
Watch Slayers.

I'd like to see superpowered characters tear each other apart and still be able to fight. Like what Invincible does.

How about:
>Unpowered hero
>Trains his ass off
>Kicks lots of ass
>Superheroes are so impressed they want to be trained by him to hone their abilities

>Humans are straight up racist to Aliens/Magical Demons/ Or whatever.
Just because they aren’t human

All human racism has ended, all races are okay. But fuck Aliens

>One Punch man.

Megamind?

That'd be a nice change of pace.

>Hero fights to protect the world from an evil villain who wants to destroy it
>the series progresses as usual. Heroes beat bad guys, heroes lose friends, but they get to the villains castle
>The villain convinces the protagonist the world is a terrible place that deserves to die.
>The show ends with the world ending and everyone dying.
Its morbid but i have never seen anything like this happen before. Even with shows or comics with depressing endings,nothing like this.

>Boys vs Girls episode

>as the contest begin villain shows up, to defeat him they team up and use skills that are unrelated to their genders

Check out Cabin in the Woods. It's not exactly that way, but pretty close.

What is Black Panther?

Usually happens with "daydreamer" characters

funny how you recommend me something and at the same time kind of spoiled me about it.
I´ve been meaning to check the game out. I thought it was just a SOL game with animals but i heard its way more than that.

Beowulf isn't that at all

Orcs in pretty much every setting

I think there might be a confusion here; I was telling you about a movie.

shit im an idiot and read NIGHT in the woods.Sorry.
Im gonna have to check that movie too